BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:39:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry, I thought their mags were $50-60. Maybe I was recalling another pistol.
View Quote
Well they can be depending on where you shop.  Glock mags are so common they are always on sale someplace unlike HK.
 Places like HK parts are still high. You gotta look around but I’ve never paid over $35 ever. I actually scored some USPc mags for $10 each used in great condition.

One thing to note is HK mags are very stout with proper heat treat etc.

Durning my house fire in 2017 a bunch of different mags fell in the crawl space when it collapsed. They were in a second safe and fell to the hot side of that safe. About 60 Glock mags were ruined with deformed but not melted body’s. All other metal mags were just fine. We batch tested the heat treat with a Rockwell tester from my friends machine shop against new mags.  The numbers were the same on all metal mags( many different brands of CZ Metgar Wilson CMC Ruger etc) all Glock, ETS and CZ scorpion mags were destroyed ( P Mags, Lancer and Tango Downs were in a unprotected crate so no idea how they would have done ).   I kept a few melted ones somplace  as a example if I can find one I’ll take a pic.  The  springs and feedlips were just fine only the poly body had issues.

In case shit isn’t just the zombie apocalypse or .gov bans etc. I know that’s beyond your question but worth mentioning.  Mags can be an investment so bottom dollar isn’t always worth it in some cases
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:42:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I loved my 45 Tactical, but it was enormous and my hands aren't.  Eventually I decided a 1911 does everything I need a 45 to do and sold the HK.  Nothing against the gun though.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The trigger is absolute dogshit.

Edit: I answered before reading other replies.  "Staple gun" is not an exaggeration, and I question the judgment of anyone who would say the match trigger is "the best 45 evAr."
View Quote
Maybe I got lucky.  While the DA trigger leaves something to be desired, the SA pull of my USP 45 is as good as my P226.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:58:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy one!
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
I'd love a Urban grey or whatever color it's called, USP grip.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I had a USP expert 9mm. Honestly I really wasn't impressed.
View Quote
I have both the 9mm and .45 Expert. I enjoy them.

They’re not the best at everything and there are some aspects about them I wish I could change, but they’re very good all-around pistols.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 4:07:16 PM EDT
[#7]
My issued sidearm is a H&K usp40c with the LEM trigger. I only shoot federal hst 180gr with it as that is what's issued and I have a ton of it. It's an extremely reliable gun, it's crazy easy to field strip and reassemble. The improved trigger is ok at best, the regular trigger is worse, I don't like how big the slide release is, and I think it's overpriced. But the damn thing works every time. But how many other guns could you say the same thing about for 60% of the asking price?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sorry, I thought their mags were $50-60. Maybe I was recalling another pistol.
View Quote
Their P7M8 mags are in that range. Their P7M13 mags are in the $135ea range.

You wanna play, you gotta pay............  
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 4:18:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Do you have an illustration by chance? I had a couple of other fellow HK shooters also shoot it and they also mentioned it shot just a bit low.
View Quote
My 9mm fullsize shot so low I had it sent to Novak Sights & they made a new front sight for it. Once I got that, it was party city.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought a police trade USP 40c a few months back. Threw on some new meprolights to replace the factory sights. Not generally a fan of 40, but the USP is the best shooting 40 cal I've ever used.

The ambi paddle/lever/whatever type mag release is great if you have short, stubby thumbs like I do and have trouble reaching the mag release buttons on a lot of guns. I can hit it with my middle finger on my firing hand.

Used mags can be had for reasonable prices in the EE if you watch for a while.

I may have gotten lucky, but I don't find the DA trigger to be nearly as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. However I haven't shot any other USP's to compare. The SA isn't bad at all. Not as good as my Legion SAO or a good 1911, but perfectly usable.

Only have about 7 or 8 hundred rounds through it thus far as I don't already have a stockpile of 40 ammo, but it's been predictably reliable as you'd expect given the reputation.

If you get a good deal, I'd say go for it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Spotty customer service and parts availability are another problem.
View Quote
The HK fanbois will never admit this was an issue.  At one point in history a gunstore couldn't give a USP away. I saw one at a super low price and talked to an armorer. He said run away. A local PD dumped theirs because they were breaking and no parts could be found.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 4:50:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not to me, my USP40c is a laser beam, it's a serious use handgun so I don't mind not having a match type trigger.  I haven't beaten mine up, but something about it makes me feel it's bombproof.

Sample size of one and all, but I won't ever sell my USP
View Quote
I’ll plus one this.

I have a 40, 40 expert and 40c.  The 40c is a laser in the hand and a joy to shoot.  Just wish the 40 full size and 40c could interchange mags.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a USP 9mm set up for single action only, a USP 45 converted to light LEM, and a USP 45c converted to light LEM.  I like them all.  I also have an HK45T in light LEM and a P30 in light LEM.  All are great defensive guns, and I don't think I have ever had a stoppage in _any_ H&K pistol.  Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The HK fanbois will never admit this was an issue.  At one point in history a gun store couldn't give a USP away. I saw one at a super low price and talked to an armorer. He said run away. A local PD dumped theirs because they were breaking and no parts could be found.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The HK fanbois will never admit this was an issue.  At one point in history a gun store couldn't give a USP away. I saw one at a super low price and talked to an armorer. He said run away. A local PD dumped theirs because they were breaking and no parts could be found.
I'm a HK fan but not unreasonable.  Fact is though the parts are plenty easy to find online but no they are not at the local shop.
Midwest, HKparts, Rim Country etc etc all have parts.  He is a great idea for armorers . Keep parts on hand and anticipate vs react.  Besides I call BS. At the rate a PD shoots unless these were old ultra high round count and abused ( IE past a reasonable service life)they weren't breaking parts left and right.  If the LEO supply chain was out of stock pick up the phone and call they are out there.  The USP didn't get it's reputation as one of if not the toughest combat pistol on accident.   I will admit that nothing mechanical on this planet is exempt from failure.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Had a USP45.  Trades it on a USP9.  Sold that because the DA to SA transition was ridiculous (& I didn't want to buy the match version), and accuracy wasn't great.  Sold the USP9 to buy an FDE VP9LE, which I still have and shoot well.

IMO, the S&W 3rd gens and 92FS have substantially better DA/SA triggers, and are cheaper.

But damn USPs are sexy looking. If another AWB or capacity limit hits, I might buy another USP45.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 6:14:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The HK fanbois will never admit this was an issue.  At one point in history a gunstore couldn't give a USP away. I saw one at a super low price and talked to an armorer. He said run away. A local PD dumped theirs because they were breaking and no parts could be found.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
HK fan here and I already stated this WAS an issue of the past. The HK haters will never accept that times have changed and that customer service for HK is actually rather good now.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
What point was when "they couldn't be given away"? I've sold guns full or part-time for 30 years & have NEVER seen, experienced or even HEARD of this. So............ tell us, WHEN was it?

What parts were breaking on the po-po's guns? Give us some details. I've shot mine in IDPA matches & never had the slightest problem.

Details. You don't have them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Buy with confidence, op. The only real downside is that they multiply like gremlins.....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes because the Glock 19 exist.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They don't understand the fundamental principles behind a heavy DA trigger. Or they just want something to criticize about the pistol.

Yeah it's a non factor. If you hate the Doubke action,  don't use it. The USP can be used in many ways. Nobody is pointing a gun to your head saying you must use the DA trigger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Double Action is definitely tough. However that's how DA is supposed to be. And you can live your entire life never using DA and only using SA. It was designed to be carried safely in Single action, with the safety on.
Thanks you... for pointing out the obvious reality of DA. People have beat that dead horse into the ground for ages when in reality it is a non factor.
They don't understand the fundamental principles behind a heavy DA trigger. Or they just want something to criticize about the pistol.

Yeah it's a non factor. If you hate the Doubke action,  don't use it. The USP can be used in many ways. Nobody is pointing a gun to your head saying you must use the DA trigger.
Well, HK DID make it super easy to go from safe to decock by accident, so there's that
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well, HK DID make it super easy to go from safe to decock by accident, so there's that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Double Action is definitely tough. However that's how DA is supposed to be. And you can live your entire life never using DA and only using SA. It was designed to be carried safely in Single action, with the safety on.
Thanks you... for pointing out the obvious reality of DA. People have beat that dead horse into the ground for ages when in reality it is a non factor.

Actually all you have to do to make a USP single action only with no decock is switch out the detent plate, which takes 30 seconds and costs $10.

Link
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What point was when "they couldn't be given away"? I've sold guns full or part-time for 30 years & have NEVER seen, experienced or even HEARD of this. So............ tell us, WHEN was it?

What parts were breaking on the po-po's guns? Give us some details. I've shot mine in IDPA matches & never had the slightest problem.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit; if there's one gun that's rather famous for not breaking parts, it's the USP series
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Actually all you have to do to make a USP single action only with no decock is switch out the detent plate, which takes 30 seconds and costs $10.

Link
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link
Oh, I know; I just prefer a separate lever for the separate function (I also know that makes the gun really 'busy' --it's...a conundrum)
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:40:56 PM EDT
[#24]
i might know where a USP45T is for sale
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Oh, I know; I just prefer a separate lever for the separate function (I also know that makes the gun really 'busy' --it's...a conundrum)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link
P30S has the setup you desire, decocker is on the back of the pistol next to the hammer.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#26]
How could any self respecting gun owner not have at least one USP45?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#27]
I've had a pair of USP 45's for twenty years.  They are my all time favorite 45 ACP handguns.  The LEM trigger rocks for defensive use - get it.

Reliability is awesome: I have yet to have a malf.  Accuracy is all you could ask for.

Mag price SUCKS.

Holsters and mag pouches are an expensive PITA to acquire.

The "universal" rail ISN'T.  I think it's GG&G (???) that makes the adapter to mount normal lights.  It's an "O.K" compromise.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Had USP’s in 9mm and .45, a P2000 and an HK45CT. None did anything better than my Glocks and were waaayyyyy bigger.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You say this as if I don't have other pistols.  DA/SA is my preferred configuration.  The USP just has a spongy pull with a vague breaking point.

I was very excited about the gun when I got it, but it ended up being one of those things I can't recommend someone else purchase without trying it out first.

If you also take into account size and cost, the pistol is simply becoming a bit dated.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve literally never accidentally decocked my USPs, HK45CT, or FNX Tactical for that matter. I’ve exclusively used them all cocked and locked.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#31]
I have 3 USPs. Triggers are fine, and just as good as my Sigs and Beretta. Better trigger than my CZSP01, which has a shit trigger, but shoots like a laser.

They’re built like brick shithouses.

I’ve said it before. If HK made the USP with a picatinny rail, they’d sell like hot cakes.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You say this as if I don't have other pistols.  DA/SA is my preferred configuration.  The USP just has a spongy pull with a vague breaking point.

I was very excited about the gun when I got it, but it ended up being one of those things I can't recommend someone else purchase without trying it out first.

If you also take into account size and cost, the pistol is simply becoming a bit dated.
View Quote
I can't recommend ANY pistol to anybody without them first trying it. Pistols are such a unique thing for each individual person.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I've literally never accidentally decocked my USPs, HK45CT, or FNX Tactical for that matter. I've exclusively used them all cocked and locked.
View Quote
Never had that happen either. I didn't even know that was a thing until this thread.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Have a beater police trade in USP 40 as a truck gun. It's alright, carry my Glocks.

My brother has a USP 45 tactical. First time I shot it, I thought the trigger was broken.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#35]
I need the USP Expert in .45
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The HK USP Tactical .45ACP is probably the best .45 out there.  Period.
The spare mags are the problem.  Cost $$
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How are the triggers?
The HK USP Tactical .45ACP is probably the best .45 out there.  Period.
The spare mags are the problem.  Cost $$
This is my experience.  My USP Tactical in .45 I bought gently used over a decade ago.  It's the best DA trigger I own.  Wait.  Almost forgot.  I bought a CZ Shadow II about a year ago.  It's slightly better.  But only slightly.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Retarded statement by someone who doesn't own one and likely never has, mostly due to being poor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Retarded statement by someone who doesn't own one and likely never has, mostly due to being poor.
When you sit in LE Armorer classes and every one who is a department armorer tell you the same thing about product support when they had more $$$ tied up in HK guns than YOUR HOUSE is probably worth if for you take a lesson.  For the last few years HK has been $$$$ hungry and suddenly wants back into the US market, until they get next big .mil contracts in Europe or they find the next big $$$ cow and lose interest again.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
HK fan here and I already stated this WAS an issue of the past. The HK haters will never accept that times have changed and that customer service for HK is actually rather good now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Time can change again if HK Corp finds big contract in Europe...or even if the political situation in Germany or the EU changes. HK Corp going stupid should be the concern.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:03:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
How are the triggers?
View Quote
Any reason? The VP9?

Or do as I do and buy both.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:08:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Had a number of them, switched to Glock.  NOT going back to HK.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Time can change again if HK Corp finds big contract in Europe...or even if the political situation in Germany or the EU changes. HK Corp going stupid should be the concern.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Considering the investment they made in the USA factory, I'm genuinely not worried about that. I have a higher chance of HK going full under from the German people/government being weapon hating socialist scumbags than HK telling me to go away for service due to a new contract.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:29:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Go to bed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i carry it for a living

sux

flat out sux

trigger horrible as compared to glock, colt, beretta (best to good in that order)

carried those others for a living, for the past four decades

Go to bed
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:31:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Out of my 50 or so handguns it is one of the top two triggers on any of them.

It's a joy to shoot.

Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's a joy to shoot.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/331642/uspfnx-403420.jpg
View Quote
Before buying the USP. I was fully expecting it to have a horribly bad trigger. I was really surprised how good it was, with all the hate out there.

The haters seriously are just looking for something to not like. Because they can't say it isn't very accurate or not reliable.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#45]
They are tough, reliable, accurate, and beefy. I couldn’t ever shoot it well, but many others can. Get one and try it out.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yes because the Glock 19 exist.
View Quote
I have two G19s and they collect dust.  I don’t hate them but they are not as accurate or for me as enjoyable to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:24:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I can't recommend ANY pistol to anybody without them first trying it. Pistols are such a unique thing for each individual person.
View Quote
I would have no issue telling someone to get an M9, CZ75, Sig, G19.  They aren't all my cup of tea, but at least you get what you paid for.

In the spirit of giving the gun a second chance, I'm looking for a match trigger kit for it. Unfortunately they are out of stock everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:37:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I would have no issue telling someone to get an M9, CZ75, Sig, G19.  They aren't all my cup of tea, but at least you get what you paid for.

In the spirit of giving the gun a second chance, I'm looking for a match trigger kit for it. Unfortunately they are out of stock everywhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ckxx try here they don’t show out of stock like most

http://allstatepolice.com/216169R-Match-Trigger-Kit-fullsize-USP-only-AllState-Police
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:43:52 PM EDT
[#49]
It boggles my mind that people can bemoan the USP trigger yet in the same sentence praise the Glock trigger.

<Owns and carries multiple USPs and multiple Glocks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Before buying the USP. I was fully expecting it to have a horribly bad trigger. I was really surprised how good it was, with all the hate out there.

The haters seriously are just looking for something to not like. Because they can't say it isn't very accurate or not reliable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a joy to shoot.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/331642/uspfnx-403420.jpg

I wouldn't call myself a hater. I think it's a great duty pistol because it's tough, reliable, and accurate. But I just don't like the ergonomics of it over my other pistols. And the price is high. I can shoot my Qual course with my ccw (s&w9c) faster and more accurately than with my duty gun and my ccw is smaller and I don't shoot it nearly as much as I do my duty gun. It's just the difference in ergonomics for me.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top