User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:55:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I had 90k last year through my usp.  It works fine

Would recommend . 10 out 10.  Would purchase again
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:01:13 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a duty gun. Trigger's... Bleugh. But it works.

USP9 Stainless is absolutely gorgeous. Full size uses polymer P8 magazines. They're very light, and pretty good for the most part, but tend to still be expensive.

The USP compact is much more ergonomic due to the smaller grip; however, it uses a different magazine, the same one as the P2000, IIRC.

The USP9 feels much better in the hand than the USP45 for some reason, even though the outward grip dimensions are very similar.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:01:58 AM EDT
[#3]
THE only reason to not buy a USP is the gay proprietary rail.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:20:40 AM EDT
[#4]
No complaints.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:36:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
It was the first rail on a pistol, before the proprietary one on the Glock. The HK45/P30 are updated with 1913 rails, if you want the modern attachment method.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:42:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It was the first rail on a pistol, before the proprietary one on the Glock. The HK45/P30 are updated with 1913 rails, if you want the modern attachment method.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is also the GG&G rail adaptor for the full size and compact. Holsters are a bitch for any usp with a light though. New one works with surefire x300s and XC1 in addition to the TLR.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:24:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nobody cares who was first only whats everywhere and will accept the most stuff.
Quoted:

There is also the GG&G rail adaptor for the full size and compact. Holsters are a bitch for any usp with a light though. New one works with surefire x300s and XC1 in addition to the TLR.
View Quote
The rail adapters can be a good solution but cause their own holster problems sometimes as well.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:54:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Like a lot of pistols with the notable exception of Glocks, USP's do use some roll pins and roll pins suck.

But unlike most of those non-Glock pistols, they're also kind of awesome, so it more than balances out.

Primary reason not to go with one is cost; if you need one handgun, you usually actually need a few handguns and a pile of parts and mags for them.   If the choice is between one 1 USP and some mags and springs and 3 Glocks and some mags and springs and that is your entire budget, then it's an easy decision.

If you can afford 3 USP's and mags and springs... then that's entirely different.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
P30SV3 has the setup you desire, decocker is on the back of the pistol next to the hammer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Double Action is definitely tough. However that's how DA is supposed to be. And you can live your entire life never using DA and only using SA. It was designed to be carried safely in Single action, with the safety on.
Thanks you... for pointing out the obvious reality of DA. People have beat that dead horse into the ground for ages when in reality it is a non factor.
They don't understand the fundamental principles behind a heavy DA trigger. Or they just want something to criticize about the pistol.

Yeah it's a non factor. If you hate the Doubke action,  don't use it. The USP can be used in many ways. Nobody is pointing a gun to your head saying you must use the DA trigger.
Well, HK DID make it super easy to go from safe to decock by accident, so there's that
Actually all you have to do to make a USP single action only with no decock is switch out the detent plate, which takes 30 seconds and costs $10.

Link
Oh, I know; I just prefer a separate lever for the separate function (I also know that makes the gun really 'busy' --it's...a conundrum)
P30SV3 has the setup you desire, decocker is on the back of the pistol next to the hammer.
Fixed it for you.

The S is the safety frame. V3 is the DA/SA decocker.  You can get a V3 in a safety frame, but that defeats the purpose of the DA mode.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:45:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Buy with confidence, op. The only real downside is that they multiply like gremlins.....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/112774/20181013_203812_jpg-803100.JPG
View Quote
I think one of mine might be preggo.

Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Its the mall ninja pistol of choice for a reason: its fatness makes you look less fat.

Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:57:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
The USP should last several life times. It is definitely a heirloom worthy gun. I read the barrel can last 1,000,000 rounds before it needs to be replaced.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah let's point out HK's proprietary rail which was introduce before 1913 became a thing. And also pretend to forget that Glocks rail is proprietary.

I like the Universl rail. I think the gun looks more cool than if it had a 1913 rail. And you can an get adapter for it anyway.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
@Dboy11

If I understand your post correctly, you fired 90,000 rounds through a USP last year?  The same gun?  That is damn impressive.

Which model USP exactly?  What year was it made?  What is the total round count through the pistol?   Did you have to replace any springs?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:41:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Like a lot of pistols with the notable exception of Glocks, USP's do use some roll pins and roll pins suck.

But unlike most of those non-Glock pistols, they're also kind of awesome, so it more than balances out.

Primary reason not to go with one is cost; if you need one handgun, you usually actually need a few handguns and a pile of parts and mags for them.   If the choice is between one 1 USP and some mags and springs and 3 Glocks and some mags and springs and that is your entire budget, then it's an easy decision.

If you can afford 3 USP's and mags and springs... then that's entirely different.
View Quote
I have three USPs and I didn't pay more than $550 for any of them.  That is not much more than a Glock.  One was a police trade in.  The others were consignment guns purchased at LGS.  They were barely fired.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
@Dboy11

If I understand your post correctly, you fired 90,000 rounds through a USP last year?  The same gun?  That is damn impressive.

Which model USP exactly?  What year was it made?  What is the total round count through the pistol?   Did you have to replace any springs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Dboy11

There is a documented P30 that was at 90k
It had like 5 FTF in that time frame and needed springs etc.

They were going to keep going not sure if they did.
At 90k the pistol got sent in for a repair I don’t remember what for.    That’s like $20k in ammo

The USP is a classic the P30 is a more than capable replacement with better ergos.  The USP is love hate with some but rarely is there a complaint about it. If anything the It May be the trigger. The LEM is awesome as well as the SA. I personally hate DA/SA. For those striker guys there is the VP9. The whole VP9 is not as well made is BS. I own all the above so take that as you like
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:10:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Compare a USP to a striker fire Walther PPQ. Night and day. The USP's even with the updated match triggers leave something to be desired.
View Quote
Truth. I have both and I honestly love both guns but the PPQ trigger is 10x better. Don't have a match in USP yet though. The USP is a .45 and just shoots nice because of the weight probably.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:17:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There is a documented P30 that was at 90k
It had like 5 FTF in that time frame and needed springs etc.

They were going to keep going not sure if they did.
At 90k the pistol got sent in for a repair I don’t remember what for.    That’s like $20k in ammo

The USP is a classic the P30 is a more than capable replacement with better ergos.  The USP is love hate with some but rarely is there a complaint about it. If anything the It May be the trigger. The LEM is awesome as well as the SA. I personally hate DA/SA. For those striker guys there is the VP9. The whole VP9 is not as well made is BS. I own all the above so take that as you like
View Quote
If you are referring to the late Todd Green's P30 project, I am familiar with it.  It convinced me to buy one, and mine has run like a top.  I also hate DA/SA.  My P30, HK45, USP 45, and USP 45C are all light LEM.  My USP 9 is SAO.  I fired a VP9 yesterday for the first time.  I liked it and may buy one.  I don't need it , but...

I don't think I have ever had a malfunction from an H&K pistol.  I doubt, however, that I will ever get one to 90k rounds unless someone else is buying the ammo or components.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/31717/HK_Family-694704.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buy with confidence, op. The only real downside is that they multiply like gremlins.....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/112774/20181013_203812_jpg-803100.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/31717/HK_Family-694704.jpg
Monica .gif.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#20]
All this USP talk reminded me I need to pick a few extra mags up for mine.

So I did
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Been carrying a USPc with an LEM trigger for years. If there's a higher-quality pistol out there, I'd like to see it.

I installed a "light LEM" trigger kit, and am very happy with it. I've even successfully hunted deer with it.

I looked into having the slide milled for a red dot sight, but was told there's not enough meat in it. That's the only downside that I can think of.

Just counted, I have 21 mags. Guess I got a little carried away during the last high-capacity scare...
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:08:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Bud, with the exception of the VP pistols, HK SUCKS!  The USP’s are blocky, expensive, antiques!  They weren’t any good when they came out!  Buy a Glock, get it over with.  Superior to ANY HK handgun!
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Bud, with the exception of the VP pistols, HK SUCKS!  The USP’s are blocky, expensive, antiques!  They weren’t any good when they came out!  Buy a Glock, get it over with.  Superior to ANY HK handgun!
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:32:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol
Don't feed the troll.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ckxx try here they don’t show out of stock like most

http://allstatepolice.com/216169R-Match-Trigger-Kit-fullsize-USP-only-AllState-Police
View Quote
OOS.  The guy said he hasn't seen any in 9+ months.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ckxx try here they don’t show out of stock like most

http://allstatepolice.com/216169R-Match-Trigger-Kit-fullsize-USP-only-AllState-Police
Man I tried.  
I went out and shot my USP45 today and I need to convert it to LEM.  It's a DA/SA with the thumb safety.  I carry it cocked and locked but tried the DA today. I really hate a DA trigger and this one is no exception.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Bud, with the exception of the VP pistols, HK SUCKS!  The USP's are blocky, expensive, antiques!  They weren't any good when they came out!  Buy a Glock, get it over with.  Superior to ANY HK handgun!
View Quote
Comparing a Glock to an HK USP is like comparing a Toyota Camry to a Mercedes SL.  Sure the Toyota is reliable but don't give me that "superior" shit.

LOL
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/JniNRvf.jpg

(Word to the wise; STI mags don't care for flat-nose S&B 10mm bullets, unless there's some trick to make them raise their nose more reliably while feeding upward)
View Quote
Can you go more in depth with that conversion? The deal with the mag especially.

Maybe put it in the HK handgun section.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Comparing a Glock to an HK USP is like comparing a Toyota Camry to a Mercedes SL.  Sure the Toyota is reliable but don't give me that "superior" shit.

LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bud, with the exception of the VP pistols, HK SUCKS!  The USP's are blocky, expensive, antiques!  They weren't any good when they came out!  Buy a Glock, get it over with.  Superior to ANY HK handgun!

LOL
Exaggerate much? The USP is no better made than a Glock. Both are polymer service pistols, neither are hand fitted at all, both make extensive use of MIM, and both are typically reliable out of the box (USP 45 mag springs not so much). USPs are NOT expensive or exclusive in any way, they're $700-$800 plastic pistols that offer no tangible benefits over a typical $500 Glock or M&P.

Wilson Combat EDC X9, that's a Mercedes SL. Nighthawk is a BMW 7 series. USP vs Glock is Honda KIA vs Toyota Hyundai.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Exaggerate much? The USP is no better made than a Glock. Both are polymer service pistols, neither are hand fitted at all, both make extensive use of MIM, and both are typically reliable out of the box (USP 45 mag springs not so much). USPs are NOT expensive or exclusive in any way, they're $700-$800 plastic pistols that offer no tangible benefits over a typical $500 Glock or M&P.

Wilson Combat EDC X9, that's a Mercedes SL. Nighthawk is a BMW 7 series. USP vs Glock is Honda KIA vs Toyota Hyundai.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

USPs can be had for 500 bucks.

And each pistol has to go to 2 different Proof Houses to be tested in Germany. It damn sure gets alot more QC checks than any Glock.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

And each pistol has to go to 2 different Proof Houses to be tested in Germany. It damn sure gets alot more QC checks than any Glock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

How many QC checks do Glocks get?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Never in my life have I read so much stupidity in one post. And that's saying something for GD..........  
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Can you go more in depth with that conversion? The deal with the mag especially.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/JniNRvf.jpg

(Word to the wise; STI mags don't care for flat-nose S&B 10mm bullets, unless there's some trick to make them raise their nose more reliably while feeding upward)

Yep. Interested as well.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:00:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Before and after the KABOOM.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Man I tried.  
I went out and shot my USP45 today and I need to convert it to LEM.  It's a DA/SA with the thumb safety.  I carry it cocked and locked but tried the DA today. I really hate a DA trigger and this one is no exception.
View Quote
Do it.  I did the LEM conversion on my police trade in USP 45 the week I got it and have not looked back.  You could also just swap detent plates and make it SAO.  The detent plate is all of $10 and takes 30 seconds to change.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#37]
My carry P30sk and my nightstand P30l are both LEM. All my USP’s will be converted at some point. The 45 is the only one that gets carried regularly. I carry in a chest rig with .45 super around my property,woods tractor etc
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#38]
I sent my two USP’s to Bill Springfield. Both triggers are now much better.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#39]
I love to hear complaints by "Men" about how the HK USP is too big.

My old lady is 5'2" 130 lbs and absolutely loves shooting my USP .45 Tactical and has zero problems handling it; whatsoever.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#40]
USP are great guns.  Rail accessories are a little tough though.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Too broad a question.

There is a difference between a USPc9 and a USPT45.  A lot.  There are a lot of USPs and they are all made for a specific use.

So if someone were to compare a USPc9 with an LEM to a G26, that would be a fair comparison.

For $1000, name me something as rugged, reliable and accurate than a USPT45.

Name me a better value than a police trade in USP 40 for $400.

No reason not to buy a USP.  At all.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:06:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Too broad a question.

There is a difference between a USPc9 and a USPT45.  A lot.  There are a lot of USPs and they are all made for a specific use.

So if someone were to compare a USPc9 with an LEM to a G26, that would be a fair comparison.

View Quote
Glock 21, 10 extra mags and a case of ammo. My preference would be to spend a tad bit more for a Dan Wesson 1911. $1k for a mass produced polymer pistol? No way.

Glock 23 police trade for less than $400.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Can't think of any. The USP .45 Tactical was sort of meant to give SOCOM a Small MK23.

Hickok45 in his USP video talks about meeting 5th Group guys out of Fort Campbell Kentucky. Saying they all really like the USP.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:14:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Sorry, I saw this and realized that I said that incorrectly.  That is 90k in the past 4 years total.

I shot some matches with it, but my neighbor and I shoot throughout the week too.

I have not replaced a single thing, and often times laugh as I am just seeing how long it will go at this point.

Trigger isn’t the best, it’s combat Tupperware for dudes with midget hands (thanks to that wonderful location for the mag release) You do get used to the takeup, and it breaks clean, it’s just a lot of real estate to cover that takes some practice

I shoot my Wilson’s often now, mixed with a p30, but some days, it’s like sliding that old pair of boots on, damn if it just doesn’t fit right.

It’s more accurate than me, and most cleanings consist of whatever stuff is in the toolbox of my truck that day.

It’s got scuffs and marks, scratches and some worn checkering on the grip,

The trigger pull, atleast the length of pull, is as long as the Golden Gate Bridge, and the paint wore off the sights so now it sports the last color of yellow flourescent paint that I used to mark some water lines.

And yet, it is still the first one I grab LOL
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#45]
@nightdh

OP, you should watch this.

Glock is just as good as a USP. That's as dumb as the old arguments that Bushmaster was as good as Colt.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:30:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Glock 21, 10 extra mags and a case of ammo. My preference would be to spend a tad bit more for a Dan Wesson 1911. $1k for a mass produced polymer pistol? No way.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too broad a question.

You do realize you'd have to install suppressor sights on that Glock and a threaded barrel to get to the same point as the USPT, right? Isn't exactly a fair comparison, to do a stripped down model to a fully loaded, in the terms of price.

ETA: Can the Glock 21 do 45 Super out of the box?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:44:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You do realize you'd have to install suppressor sights on that Glock and a threaded barrel to get to the same point as the USPT, right? Isn't exactly a fair comparison, to do a stripped down model to a fully loaded, in the terms of price.

View Quote
It's recommended to use a heavier recoil spring, so for $8, yes.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I thought that was my P89DC?
View Quote
I like the cut of your jib.

My very first gun.

DSC_0360-P89DC by FredMan, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:52:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, was an honest question not a point of stating it can't.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:21:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
@nightdh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5ZbFh3jW8g

OP, you should watch this.

Glock is just as good as a USP. That's as dumb as the old arguments that Bushmaster was as good as Colt.
View Quote
@armyinfantryvet

Thank you for all the info.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top