BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You should check our Armory page sometime.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it's more like Typical Weapons And Tactics for these costumed crusaders?
You should check our Armory page sometime.
I didn't even know that area existed.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So, what happens when you're having a bbq with your SWAT team buddies, a few beers, maybe some Fireball, and the call comes in?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every police dept. is different.
SWAT team members are police officers/detectives and are on call 24/7 if something comes up. So they are either wearing normal clohes while off-duty, in police uniform while on-duty or suit if detective on-duty, or street clothes if doing surveillance, narc or vice. Then, when they get paged, they will change into SWAT uniform and gear. If its an urgent situation, then its its just gear over whatever you are wearing at the time.
So, what happens when you're having a bbq with your SWAT team buddies, a few beers, maybe some Fireball, and the call comes in?
The others on call come in or else nobody does.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:47:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Some have rotations so they're not on call 365 days a year.

Some are on call 24/7/365 but if they can't come in, they can't come in.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I can't find any photos of SWAT using a gray uniform for some reason
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:50:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Driving around Phoenix I always found it odd the PHXPD decided that black was the best color for the officer's everyday wear.

Poor fuckers standing around doing traffic duty in 110* heat..
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's makes me think of that whole UPC debacle the Army had. Where they tried to make a camo that worked in all environments, and so it ended up working in NO environments. lol

It sorta gives me that same vibe, with Police in highly urbanized areas trying to rock Multicam.
View Quote
Seems like UPC would be good for Urban areas, it isn't too flashy and cheap as hell.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:53:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Intimidation is a factor.

Determining who's friendly or not is a factor.

Looking cool is a factor (see also: intimidation).

Even the baddest motherfucker is going to shit his pants a bit when a bunch of dudes in full camo are bearing down on him.  It lets everyone know that the cool kids showed up and are ready to play.  Plenty of scumbags don't respect a standard police uniform but they know shit's getting real when the guys dressed like SF arrive.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:55:25 PM EDT
[#8]
SWAT = SOF

J/K !??

You're either SWAT or you're not!
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:55:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Even the baddest motherfucker is going to shit his pants a bit when a bunch of dudes in full camo are bearing down on him.  It lets everyone know that the cool kids showed up and are ready to play.  Plenty of scumbags don't respect a standard police uniform but they know shit's getting real when the guys dressed like SF arrive.
View Quote
They should wear those Korean or Taiwanese ballistic face masks. Those scare the shit out of me.

Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They should wear those Korean or Taiwanese ballistic face masks. Those scare the shit out of me.

https://cdn2.i-scmp.com/sites/default/files/styles/980x551/public/2013/10/21/soldier1.jpg?itok=TGSHRJ6S
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://cdn2.i-scmp.com/sites/default/files/styles/980x551/public/2013/10/21/soldier1.jpg?itok=TGSHRJ6S
Intimidating, yes, but all I can think is "that's got to be hot... and heavy... and has to severely limit your peripheral vision... not to mention making it impossible to get a cheek weld."
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:57:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Everyone drunkenly gears up in 87 pounds of multicam whizbang gear and plays rock, paper, scissors for who has to drive the MRAP.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:58:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Intimidating, yes, but all I can think is "that's got to be hot... and heavy... and has to severely limit your peripheral vision... not to mention making it impossible to get a cheek weld."
View Quote
lol that's what lasers are for.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#13]
The local SWAT wears Woodland to blend in with the woods. USDA sticks out like a sore thumb with the greens.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:59:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:04:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:08:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:11:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They do make a black themed one:
http://multicampattern.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/multicam_black_2_pattern_slide-1920x938_c.jpg

Honestly for urban PDs I'd think a gray uniform makes the most sense. I believe they get multicam because it is cheaper? Don't they get similar discounts as the military?
See! That's how well they blend in.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Around here all the SWAT guys drive Suburbans on normal patrol.  They wear OD BDUs with nylon belt/gear where as the normal officers have leather and traditional uniforms.  My old shop was next to the gas station they'd prep at when shit was popping off.  A bunch of suburbans would roll in and guys would start kitting up in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Why not just throw a plate carrier over their uniform and grab an AR?

Why the need to get decked all up in multicam pants, boots, and shirt?
View Quote
Some situations don't require asap response like active shooter.
You never know what the situation could turn into and if you can have your boots, bdu pants and blouse instead of class a or class b uniform and low cut boots/shoes, that would be ideal.
You might be in a 48 hr stand off, need to repel from an office building roof, track a suspect through tall grass, mud, snow, shrubs and thickets.
A supervisor will determine when SWAT is needed but he cannot predict how it's going to turn out. You can't rush into everything, like hostage or barricaded subject.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Our guys typically wear all black.  They have Woodland Marpat cause most of the lead guys are Marines but they only wear them at training and the rare incident in the woods.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
If we have a team BBQ/event of some sort we let the Sheriff's team know and they are on standby for call outs. They do the same as well.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Swat carry grenades yet?
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Swat carry grenades yet?
View Quote
I wish.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Swat carry grenades yet?
View Quote
They got robots with breaching charges...........
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:26:13 PM EDT
[#28]
We do
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:27:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
LOL all you want. That's what I do every time I see a bunch of cops standing around looking like airsoft fags in a city with no vegetation in sight. It may be functional. Cool. All I'm saying is it looks retarded and plays into the whole "hut hut hut" meme. I'm just a lowly can picking civilian and like to dress up in hard plates and tactical timmy pew pew gear too so no hard feels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL
LOL all you want. That's what I do every time I see a bunch of cops standing around looking like airsoft fags in a city with no vegetation in sight. It may be functional. Cool. All I'm saying is it looks retarded and plays into the whole "hut hut hut" meme. I'm just a lowly can picking civilian and like to dress up in hard plates and tactical timmy pew pew gear too so no hard feels.
You do know that there is a large county park and state park less than 500 -1000 yards from the location where this occurred, right?
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If we have a team BBQ/event of some sort we let the Sheriff's team know and they are on standby for call outs. They do the same as well.
View Quote
Reminds me of that story where that one guy decided to try to rob the bar across the street from the police station where they were holding a retirement party for a cop.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:35:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I will trade them the right to wear multicam for my right to have a new M-16
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Civilians had multicam before the military adopted it.

The military should quit trying to be civilians.
I will trade them the right to wear multicam for my right to have a new M-16
I dont own a M16
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You do know that there is a large county park and state park less than 500 -1000 yards from the location where this occurred, right?
View Quote
Media photos of the third line staging area near the fire department is all SWAT teams ever do. Stand around and pretend to be airsofters. Haven't you been to NTOA??? National Tactical Organization of Airsofters, bro. Why would you hide in a park? Can't hit anything with an airsoft gun behind bushes, they deflect the plastic BBs.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Driving around Phoenix I always found it odd the PHXPD decided that black was the best color for the officer's everyday wear.

Poor fuckers standing around doing traffic duty in 110* heat..
View Quote
Yeah I always thought that was weird too. At least DPS wears tan. On the other hand I wear a multicam flight suit at least part of the time but that's because I work (or have to be available to work) in extremely varied environment between, let's just say jungles and cities so it's the least common denominator kind of thing.  Plus as has been mentioned before a shit ton of the stuff is available through DRMO. Multi cam is to this generation as woodland camouflage BDUs were to those of us in the 80s and 90s.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:45:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL
And? As I clearly said, if it's functional, wear it. Just don't get all offended when I laugh at you because you look like a fucking hut hut LARPer on the news. Speshul tactics tho.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Most teams like this are an ERT or a strike team, not so much swat.. All this gear is staged and ready to go. They will practice and drill over and over and can be geared up AND on site in a very short period of time.    Others have their gear on the rig and dress suit up on the drive over.

You would be surprised how quickly you can dress and gear up when you practice over and over to do it.
View Quote
Like Cruz the Parkland shooter!

No, really, they change their pants driving over? Lets put this into some kind of realistic time frame. How long? Cause an event is unfolding and all I see is delay.

Nope, what are the guys who are the First Responders wearing? Usually duty uniform out of the cruiser, badges and whistles and shiny stuff. Then - lets give it 15 minutes, with trained operators changing into pants and boots while simultaneously driving a vehicle at red light speeds - they show up at the scene and do - ?

Am I calling BS on this, yes. If the tactical response requires immediate action with an active shooter, then ok, the ubercam squad is not going to be there in time - they will arrive after the EMT's and before the coroner. So what point is there for an expensive field uniform at a urban/suburban site?

Or, are we talking the cruiser duty cops sitting outside the school waiting for SWAT with an active shooter inside?

Again, tell me why it's so important to wear a military grade tactical uniform to hunt down a perp inside a building in an urban situation, while we see deputy sherriffs trashing their street wear walking thru fields to find a buried body?

Am I reading excuses where special people get special treatment while the actual grunt work is being done by guys who pay out of pocket?
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:49:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
And? As I clearly said, if it's functional, wear it. Just don't get all offended when I laugh at you because you look like a fucking hut hut LARPer on the news. Speshul tactics tho.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL
Why would anyone care what you laugh at?
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I cant help but wonder.  You see pictures of active shooter situations and all the SWAT guys are always decked out in multicam, etc.  Are they wearing that shit all day everyday just waiting or do they change out into their ACUs en-route?  Is there a member of the team assigned the "designated driver" role, so everyone has time to assemble their ACUs with matching combat boots, multicam plate carriers, and multicam helmet covers?

Curious minds just have to know!

https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/sUNlbYBR4Bk8cqSMs7JcuQ--~B/Zmk9c3RyaW07aD0zODg7cHlvZmY9MDtxPTk1O3c9NzIwO3NtPTE7YXBwaWQ9eXRhY2h5b24-/https://media.zenfs.com/creatr-images/GLB/2018-04-03/3946a3c0-378c-11e8-97ec-4f75fe876594_image-5721
View Quote
Because maybe to hide from people shooting at them?  To sneak up on them?  Who knows?
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:51:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Like Cruz the Parkland shooter!

No, really, they change their pants driving over? Lets put this into some kind of realistic time frame. How long? Cause an event is unfolding and all I see is delay.

Nope, what are the guys who are the First Responders wearing? Usually duty uniform out of the cruiser, badges and whistles and shiny stuff. Then - lets give it 15 minutes, with trained operators changing into pants and boots while simultaneously driving a vehicle at red light speeds - they show up at the scene and do - ?

Am I calling BS on this, yes. If the tactical response requires immediate action with an active shooter, then ok, the ubercam squad is not going to be there in time - they will arrive after the EMT's and before the coroner. So what point is there for an expensive field uniform at a urban/suburban site?

Or, are we talking the cruiser duty cops sitting outside the school waiting for SWAT with an active shooter inside?

Again, tell me why it's so important to wear a military grade tactical uniform to hunt down a perp inside a building in an urban situation, while we see deputy sherriffs trashing their street wear walking thru fields to find a buried body?

Am I reading excuses where special people get special treatment while the actual grunt work is being done by guys who pay out of pocket?
View Quote
Pay out of pocket for what?

If a deputy is too stupid not to change into a utility uniform before thrashing around in the woods that's on him.

Patrol uniforms are expensive and so are the shiny things on them that get snagged on slings or weeds trees etc.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Depends on the dept. if it’s a very large agency with a full time team then yes, they may very well be in that uniform all day. They will train or do directed patrols or execute warrants for Narc or vice teams or even detectives that may be looking for someone with a violent history to be picked up. Then if a SWAT call comes out they throw on their rifle plates and roll out.

If it’s a smaller agency SWAT will be a collateral duty. You will see guys rolling up in various different uniforms for their agency depending on their day to day assignment and throwing on their SWAT equipment over it at the scene
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:01:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I always wonder why so many SWAT teams choose Multicam. It looks like clown shoes in a urban setting.

Should stick with black or grey colors.
View Quote
Several of the agencies around me get their equipment (including uniforms) for their tac teams at little or no cost through .gov programs. It’s a way for agencies that wouldn’t typically be able to afford to outfit a tac team to have one... if that’s what it takes, I’m all for it. I really don’t give a shit what they wear or where it comes from so long as they do their jobs
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Delete
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Because, why not?
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Now that the patent has expired, people should start using urban marpat

Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:15:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My patrol car is parked in my drive way. I drive home and get my patrol car or get off the couch and go get in it when the call comes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I keep mine in my patrol car, change into it if time allows.  Emergency i just put my heavyvest on over uniform plus my helmet.  If called out from home, i put on the multicam.
How does that work if you get called from home on SWAT?

Do you get a call on your cell phone and then drive your personal vehicle over?
My patrol car is parked in my drive way. I drive home and get my patrol car or get off the couch and go get in it when the call comes.
Now you did it... nobody needs a take home vehicle for work... well, it’s ok for anyone that works for a company that provides a vehicle except law enforcement at least...
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:20:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Why would anyone care what you laugh at?
View Quote
Fuck if I know. Apparently you do though.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:23:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The SWAT officer who took down one of the shooters in the N. Hollywood bank robbery was wearing shorts and a polo shirt.  He run what he brung.

https://tribktla.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/noho.jpg?quality=85&strip=all
View Quote
Without all that gucci gear he was able to lay on the ground and shoot underneath the vehicles and hit the gunman in his knees.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I just searched your post history. Lotta hate for the tac side of the house, you're obviously on the job and you're on a gun board, so I'm guessing you didn't make it onto your team?
View Quote
LOL. Oh no. The post history police. Did you kit up in multicam to do that search? Maybe he just sees the stupidity of the whole thing from the point of view of having to wait for the cool guys to get all dressed up in gucci gear while normal uniformed guys deal with the problem.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL
I doubt any of those cops you lol at, would care if they knew.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top