Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like there are a few pics of generals - some of them do not have a COB.

I did not serve in Military so I do not know - seems odd you make it general w/o and combat experience - can someone chime in on that?  Im very curious.
View Quote
Looks like every one posted has been deployed.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 12:07:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got 5 badges.  Technically, I have room for 3 more.  

Link Posted: 2/3/2018 12:10:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/09jyVb2.jpg
View Quote
The upcoming new WW2 style uniform won’t have a name badge so you might fit one more & not have to block your name out in the future Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 12:12:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The upcoming new WW2 style uniform won’t have a name badge so you might fit one more & not have to block your name out in the future https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/5D0559F4-C8C4-4868-84F9-F6C826DF3021-439715.JPG
View Quote
Not a fan of the "Uniform of the Month" Club.  I'm still slowly purchasing the new OCP ACU.

ETA: And that skirt combo looks like ass.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 12:15:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Looks like every one posted has been deployed.
View Quote
I’ve seen it among non combat arms sometimes Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 12:18:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
All dem badges and a brotha cant get a mountain tab
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 12:19:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I will never understand Army stuff.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 12:21:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The upcoming new WW2 style uniform won’t have a name badge so you might fit one more & not have to block your name out in the future https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/5D0559F4-C8C4-4868-84F9-F6C826DF3021-439715.JPG
View Quote
I thought the cap looked bad on the female & the garrison cap for either gender looks like the crappy 80s version but in a different color instead of the WW2 era kind Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 12:27:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I like your Rifle EIC badge, how many points do you have?

Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 12:33:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I will never understand Army stuff.
View Quote
Well, I suspect neither do many of today’s Army generals
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 12:37:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like your Rifle EIC badge, how many points do you have?
View Quote
14.  6 from a combat EIC and 8 from a NMC EIC.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 12:49:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Meanwhile in the USMC...

Simple, clean, no need for velcro patches and badge gayness.

Army should adopt USMC uniform regulations so that way they don't keep embarrassing themselves.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 12:55:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 12:58:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Meanwhile in the USMC...

Simple, clean, no need for velcro patches and badge gayness.

Army should adopt USMC uniform regulations so that way they don't keep embarrassing themselves.
View Quote
Well, the Marines have one side freed up Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 1:05:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not a fan of the "Uniform of the Month" Club.  I'm still slowly purchasing the new OCP ACU.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually I liked the Army Blues.  Not as nice as ours but definitely my second favorite US military uniform.  I'm sad to see it go.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 1:08:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I fucking hate this bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 1:14:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I fucking hate this bullshit.
View Quote
I gotta wonder what Major Winters would think of them wearing the uniform he wore Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 1:33:22 AM EDT
[#18]
MAJ Winters probably wouldn't give a shit about what he was wearing as long as he got to keep stacking godless kraut bodies.

We currently want a military that looks pretty for the press releases but doesn't actually do jack shit.

Unless you are secreted away in some SOF unit, going to work in a ball cap and a t shirt, and actually doing 90% of the killing.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:17:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Actually I liked the Army Blues.  Not as nice as ours but definitely my second favorite US military uniform.  I'm sad to see it go.
View Quote
The only place it's going is to the back of the closet. It'll  still be an authorized uniform, it'll just be worn far less often.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:19:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:19:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

MAJ Winters probably wouldn't give a shit about what he was wearing as long as he got to keep stacking godless kraut bodies.

We currently want a military that looks pretty for the press releases but doesn't actually do jack shit.

Unless you are secreted away in some SOF unit, going to work in a ball cap and a t shirt, and actually doing 90% of the killing.
View Quote
I meant more of what he’d think about SHARP training & females leading Easy company
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:28:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
WHCA?
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:28:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I meant more of what he’d think about SHARP training & females leading Easy company
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if he ever had to deal with a soldier who raped someone. I don't recall reading about that in BoB. Could have happened though, I remember reading somewhere that a few dozen soldiers were executed in the European theater for raping civilian women. IIRC one commander's solution was to set up a brothel for his boys to use

MAJ Winters' solution probably would not involve paying a civilian contractor 80k to tell privates that anything that a female feels is offensive constitutes sexual harrassment because it contributes to a hostile work environment.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:33:23 AM EDT
[#24]
lol when the Navy probably has the non-third world dictator uniforms...

Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:34:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, well, aside from the fellas with the forks, what does the navy really do?
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:35:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
How many nuclear weapons the Army got?
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:39:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd say the Army uses the infantry more than the navy uses nukes.

Even during the 90's.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:47:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
They bump into things a lot.

Also, sky dicks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:51:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Eleven years, 7 AAM's (3 downgraded from ARCOM's), 2 ARCOM's (1 downgraded from an MSM, 1 V Device denied). That should have been 4 ARCOM's - 1 w/ V Device, and 1 MSM. The MSM was my for my ETS. I never received anything but an excellent, promote ahead of peers, NCOER. I was asked to re-up for 6th deployment when I said no more (I was the an E-6 doing the work of a Platoon Sergeant, who was non-deployable due to bone spurs in his feet). So, I would have held an E-7 slot during deployment, nope I felt the big green weenie too many times. 5 combat deployments, 2 non-combat deployments, 8.5 years overseas. Far from an Audie Murphy type, nothing heroic by true standards, but I ran 5 X 3 on my chest, and was proud of it. No one under the rank of E-7 was ever recommended for a Bronze Star or higher, not a single soldier in my Battalion, that lived to wear it proudly. That's how senior leadership saw the recognition system, you either lived to re-up or move-on, or died fighting for their promotions.
View Quote
I saw 2 Soldiers under E-7 get BS - one because he was all high speed and looked exactly like an NCO should.  I should note, his squad accomplished exactly nothing during their entire deployment, but damn they looked good doing it.  The other one was an E-5 who got relieved for cause twice, and then found out that the new SGM wasn't adverse to a little quid-pro-quo.  Also, everyone in the 3 shop got their awards denied because the S-3 was an asshole (the S-3 didn't deny them, the BC did to spite the S-3).  I wasn't all that enthusiastic for non-valor awards before, now I pretty much assume they have no value whatsoever.  And don't even start about CABs.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 3:05:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They bump into things a lot.

Also, sky dicks.
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 6:01:51 AM EDT
[#31]
It's so they don't have to feel like the self inflated braggarts they are when they make sure to tell everyone they are a 'Master Gunner.'

I've seen officers, higher enlisted, and females complete spur rides and actually be awarded spurs when everyone knew it was so fucking wrong and undeserved...

So I wonder how well those same NCO's did when they were doing their Master Gunner stuff...
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 6:07:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I wonder if he ever had to deal with a soldier who raped someone. I don't recall reading about that in BoB. Could have happened though, I remember reading somewhere that a few dozen soldiers were executed in the European theater for raping civilian women. IIRC one commander's solution was to set up a brothel for his boys to use

MAJ Winters' solution probably would not involve paying a civilian contractor 80k to tell privates that anything that a female feels is offensive constitutes sexual harrassment because it contributes to a hostile work environment.
View Quote
Armies always brought women with them to war. The US military just amde the mistake of putting uniforms on them.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 6:14:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Confused. Green tabs on shoulders were for chain of command leadership positions. What leadership position would an E-8 hold? He's not a 1SG.

Also,  I'm reminded of a line in Starship Troopers when Rico goes to OCS and someone mentions so many staff officers rolling around that they had to come up with special insignia for officers in leadership positions just to differentiate them from staff weenies.

My opinion? Rank, division insignia, regimental insignia, one row of three ribbons (wearer's preference), branch insignia that's it. No more badges, patches, wings, unit citation awards, whatever. Nice, clean, let's the killing end of the spear do our talking for us. Medals go in the shadowbox after they are awarded.
View Quote
Why not limit wearing of ribbons and such to those who ACTUALLY have combat MOS and actual combat related badges and ribbons?  Infantry, Artillery, armor, rotary wing, etc.  You turn wrenches?  Lol Nope.  Actually participated in fighting and got something for it?  Wear it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 6:19:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Let's compare four star generals

Vs

My point still stands. No sleeve patch BS, black buttons and EGAs muted compared to gold bling, the khaki shirt and tie are muted instead of that grayish blue women's shirt, its cleaner, and more professional
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 6:42:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Can confirm.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 7:24:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/52117204-2B74-4D8A-8677-0FFC5031BFD0-437643.JPG

What a soup sandwich of a badge.  If mastery of only one course is required just have platform specific badges instead of trying to do an all in one.

From the comments...
LOL
View Quote
It's a freaking call of duty achievement!
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It's so they don't have to feel like the self inflated braggarts they are when they make sure to tell everyone they are a 'Master Gunner.'

I've seen officers, higher enlisted, and females complete spur rides and actually be awarded spurs when everyone knew it was so fucking wrong and undeserved...

So I wonder how well those same NCO's did when they were doing their Master Gunner stuff...
View Quote
Couldn't make it past SABOT academy, huh?
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Let's compare four star generals

http://bokertov.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451bc4a69e2017d4040bd81970c-pi

Vs

https://media.npr.org/assets/news/2010/06/23/obama-e2caedfb1210992819d681a23fdb64138a942dc4-s300-c85.jpg

My point still stands. No sleeve patch BS, black buttons and EGAs muted compared to gold bling, the khaki shirt and tie are muted instead of that grayish blue women's shirt, its cleaner, and more professional
View Quote
That uniform is no longer in service and the upcoming uniform doesn’t have gold buttons Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That uniform is no longer in service and the upcoming uniform doesn’t have gold buttons https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/7B746161-9B4F-45AF-9566-83EC683EF9BD-440031.JPG
View Quote
Bit better, cover looks stupid, way too busy still and do away with the dumb patches.

The military should be about simplicity and clean. Just like operations. Emphasis on a vomit of pieces of flair is meant for commies and African dictators.

The commandant of the USMC should make it even simpler, easier and better maintenance for the USMC in regards to professional services uniforms and the Army should do the same. This changing of uniforms all the time is a product of too many flag officers with too much time on their hands. It is a waste of money.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Bit better, cover looks stupid, way too busy still and do away with the dumb patches.

The military should be about simplicity and clean. Just like operations. Emphasis on a vomit of pieces of flair is meant for commies and African dictators.

The commandant of the USMC should make it even simpler, easier and better maintenance for the USMC in regards to professional services uniforms and the Army should do the same. This changing of uniforms all the time is a product of too many flag officers with too much time on their hands. It is a waste of money.
View Quote
I think the female crush cap looks ridiculous. The fundamental issue is Congress holds the purse strings and the military branches pander, compete and try to win over those with the $, whether thru uniforms or postgraduate degrees. Whatever the civilians like, the Army tries to emulate, in the short term but with long term consequences. In my opinion, although admittedly not politically astitute, I pin the blame for all the failures on the past admin, Congress and by extension those who voted them, especially Gillibrand Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:20:11 PM EDT
[#42]
One of the gayest things about the Army is all of its gay ass badges and patches and other bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
One of the gayest things about the Army is all of its gay ass badges and patches and other bullshit.
View Quote
Lies Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/52117204-2B74-4D8A-8677-0FFC5031BFD0-437643.JPG

What a soup sandwich of a badge.  If mastery of only one course is required just have platform specific badges instead of trying to do an all in one.

From the comments...
LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:

To be eligible a soldier must have completed one of the following courses:

Field Artillery Master Gunner Course.
Master Gunnery-M1/M1A1 Tank Course.
Infantry Fighting Vehicle Master Gunner Course.
Avenger Master Gunner Course.
M1A2 SEP Master Gunner Course.
Stryker Master Gunner Course.
Patriot Master Gunner Course.

The five crossed weapons in the center represent all five branches eligible for the award, and the laurel wreath represents “the victory of the Maneuver Force.”
From the comments...
"The five crossed weapons in the center represent all five branches eligible for the award", Um am I blind, cause I only see 4 crossed weapons. Artillery Cannon, rifle, missile, and a sword (not sure what a sword has to do with Master GUNNER, maybe a professional sword thrower course. The 5th weapon must be that tank that they forgot to represent, because, you know, tankers don't have Master Gunners.
LOL
While the soviet special forces have ax throwing we have sword throwing. While the ARMS (Automatic Reloading Martial Sword) being a more precise weapon than the AX(automatic aX) that the russians use our ARMS system is more prone to dirt fouling if used in muddy conditions. This is subject to some debate in certain circles... The ARMS system also requires generous anti seize lubricant of one of many types(some made from frogs, others distilled petroleum) .

Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just bought 4 new OCPs and had everything sewn on...far exceeded my clothing allowance for the year.

Fuck changing the Class A uniform...again...unless Big Army plans to issue everyone a set.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Overdue.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Looks like another thing you gotta fuck with for your class A inspection.

Welcome to the garrison army.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I just bought 4 new OCPs and had everything sewn on...far exceeded my clothing allowance for the year.

Fuck changing the Class A uniform...again...unless Big Army plans to issue everyone a set.
View Quote
Probably won’t be mandatory for the next couple years but if you’re an E-8 > or officer, well, that’s always out of pocket and if you value your career
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Looks like another thing you gotta fuck with for your class A inspection.

Welcome to the garrison army.
View Quote
I think someone wrote EIB = garrison Army in this thread https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Bragg-6-women-become-first-to-earn-Expert-Infantryman-Badge/5-2076717/&page=4
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 3:22:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top