User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:09:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

While you are TECHNICALLY correct..

Meh.  She is a supporter and enabler of the police state with her political beliefs.  I hope she enjoys what she voted for and supports.
View Quote
You're also right. 
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't call her sweetheart, call her sour puss.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm curious what percentage of your posts contain that last sentence?  I'm betting it's >50%.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She's right.

She has the right to not be touched.

The employee was unprofessional and rude.

She had a right to complain and she had a right to relate the incident on social media.

If some is right, then they're right even if you hate them.  If you deny that, then how is this site different from DU?
I'm curious what percentage of your posts contain that last sentence?  I'm betting it's >50%.
Here you go, party down.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asch_conformity_experiments

There are constant cries on arfcom to enhance the uniformity of opinion, people get irritated by dissention and dastardly infiltrators.

There is a lot more tribalism in people's opinions than they want to believe.

The entire science of marketing, which they spend billions on per year, is based on the fact that your decisions are emotionally based.

I get bored easily with just being snarky.

Every fucking article on huffington post is about how white heterosexual men are enslaving them.  And they never get bored with it, they love it.

I guess just ban me when you real your limit with my dastardly hijinks
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#4]
To be honest, she did play a bitch in that movie.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Awfully full of herself!
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:16:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:20:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#8]
There's a picture begging to be photoshopped.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:28:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Can you give us a similar example from a "far right stupid elitist?"  TIA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know, she is a stupid far left elitist bitch. But honestly is she worse than a far right stupid elitist? I see this kind of crap all the time on both sides.

<snip>
Can you give us a similar example from a "far right stupid elitist?"  TIA
One example sure. Conservative internet commandos saying we should cut everybody on SSI off.

My brother is mentally handicapped and on SSI. So I have seen that there is a true need for some people to recieve SSI.

People that say that shit are stupid elitists that can't see past their own nose. They just assume that everyone on SSI is just some low life.

Ive also had buddies who past away and their wife got SSI from the husbands death benefits for the children.

I just hate hearing foolish stuff like that from either side.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
http://pagesix.com/2017/08/09/ashley-judd-slams-everyday-sexism-after-airport-security-run-in/

“I’m very happy to report that the manager with which I spoke immediately apologized. … He had a very long conversation with the employee and he also assured me that their training … is to call people ‘sir’ and ‘madam,’ and that touching someone is totally inappropriate.”

She added, “I also spoke with the manager about how our dream, our ideal, would be that we would record this little Facebook Live post together, but because he was in uniform, he wasn’t able to do that. I think it’s really important if we’re discussing the problem, also to highlight a solution.”
View Quote

She must not have to travel often through TSA lines if she thinks touching is totally inappropriate.  That's the highlight of the TSA Agent's day...
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#12]
My bet is that this entire event happened in her diseased mind, and nowhere else.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
She is converting to a bitchy, menopausal, crazy cat women HAG.
View Quote
Fixed it...
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#14]
We've come a long way since Ruby in Paradise.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:41:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like a description of the typical TSA hijinks the rest of us endure.

Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't know that could be considered a similar example, but I guess it is an example--so thanks.  
View Quote
I guess my point was originally that their is stupid on both sides.

I wish all these actors would just keep their opinions to themselves. Deniro and Judd in particular have more or less ruined the movie,"Heat" for me.

Its fine to have opinions, however by sharing them in public you will alienate or insult people. People used to understand what the term, "being polite" meant. Not so much anymore.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:22:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ban you?  Why would I do that?  That WOULD be like DU.  

I was just curious why you regularly make that comparison when this place is nothing like DU, save for being mostly like-minded--but with a huge difference in that we don't demand everyone be like-minded.  Go be a 2minkey/pgaplayerless/sponge_splooge (sp?) on DU and see how long you last.  This place is nothing like DU.  
View Quote
That's true, this site is run nothing like the DU site, if it was I would have been gone long ago.

The DU reference is for the content, the brain dead name-calling and other tribal crapola.  Everyone they disagree with is called a fascist, racist, homophobe, etc.

You see the same kind of bar stool horseshit on here sometimes.

Whenever the narrative is more important than facts, eventually the zealots end up screeching abuse and insisting that everyone toe the line
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:30:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Childless bitch.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Gotcha.  I'm old enough to have spent the majority of my life without the internet or cell phones.  Hollywood was, for many decades, viewed as "American Royalty" and was thought to be all glamor and fame.  Since the internet the world has been shocked to find out Rock Hudson was a homo (EVERYONE in H'wood knew), and the majority of the actors/actresses are scumbags who live in a world of debauchery and evil.  Roman Polanski was scandalous because word made it outside of the bubble--not because he was any worse than the majority of them.

I strongly hold the view the internet may be fantastic overall, but has the "dark side" of being used as a platform for every nutcase and freak to spew their insanity.  

And that is a bad thing.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know that could be considered a similar example, but I guess it is an example--so thanks.  
I guess my point was originally that their is stupid on both sides.

I wish all these actors would just keep their opinions to themselves. Deniro and Judd in particular have more or less ruined the movie,"Heat" for me.

Its fine to have opinions, however by sharing them in public you will alienate or insult people. People used to understand what the term, "being polite" meant. Not so much anymore.
Gotcha.  I'm old enough to have spent the majority of my life without the internet or cell phones.  Hollywood was, for many decades, viewed as "American Royalty" and was thought to be all glamor and fame.  Since the internet the world has been shocked to find out Rock Hudson was a homo (EVERYONE in H'wood knew), and the majority of the actors/actresses are scumbags who live in a world of debauchery and evil.  Roman Polanski was scandalous because word made it outside of the bubble--not because he was any worse than the majority of them.

I strongly hold the view the internet may be fantastic overall, but has the "dark side" of being used as a platform for every nutcase and freak to spew their insanity.  

And that is a bad thing.  
I sir, %100 agree with everything you just said!
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:32:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Next time the guy should just say, "hey bitch, here's your shit", then toss her luggage to her before walking away. Perhaps she would find that more professional and less sexist.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
She's right.
People in authority you're effectively forced to deal with should be friendly when possible but need to keep it professional.  
That wasn't professional.
View Quote
I agree.

Don't touch me.

If I have already expressed displeasure at a nickname, continuing to use it is just abusing the power you have.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Her sister should kick the ever loving shit out of her
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Oh FFS didn't we used to save that kind of anger for slapping a girl on the ass or grabbing it? Why are people so angry now days?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:34:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Tragic.  What a beautiful, talented young woman she was.  Ruined by mental illness, and enablers that surround her.

I pray she gets the help she so obviously needs.
View Quote
it runs in her family mom has had issues too,it is well known judd women are nuts.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Her mom was fine as frogs hair back in the 80's.

Mom was way better looking than the daughters.
View Quote
Yes. Naomi was a smoke show.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:43:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

it runs in her family mom has had issues too,it is well known judd women are nuts.
View Quote

Stay clear of them at UK basketball games.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:43:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Is she still with that F1 Indy Car driver or did she get dumped?
View Quote
Dario Franchitti divorced her in 2013. He has since remarried and had a daughter.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#33]
I will say that Ashly Judd is a nice looking gal though. I had always imagined her as a nice wholesome gal that was a sweet heart. I guess shes just emotionally imbalanced or has some sort of phsycological issues.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
She's right.

She had a right to complain and she had a right to relate the incident on social media.

If some is right, then they're right even if you hate them.  If you deny that, then how is this site different from DU?
View Quote
You are confusing "having a right" and "being right".

Yes, you have the right to blow up petty shit on social media.  That does not mean you are right to do so.

I run into rude people all the time.  So does every other person on the planet.  I don't blow my top every time that happens like I'm the center of the universe and people need to know about it.  Someone called her "sweetheart", big fucking deal.  I've been called worse.  

We are living in a modern age of witch hunts in every sense of the word.  That's what this is all about at the end of the day.  This guy offended her so she wants to portray him as "the witch" and get the masses on her outrage bandwagon with pitchforks and torches in hand.  

Don't you see what's happening these days?  These people are weaponizing this kind of outrage to the point that even well intentioned folks have to walk on eggshells at all times.  It's PC culture taken to the worst possible extreme.  It's not like women liked being called "sweetheart" in that context at any point in history but 20 years ago they would have just let it roll of their shoulder or fired back at him and then moved on with their day.  We are allowing the thin skinned of the world to run things.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:51:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Next time it's hi cunt and a sock to pie hole.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Yeah, because, as a man, I've never been called 'hon' or 'sweetie' by female TSA agents.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You know, she is a stupid far left elitist bitch. But honestly is she worse than a far right stupid elitist? I see this kind of crap all the time on both sides.

I prefer to stay balanced and sensible.

Think right, think left, think what you will but just remember to actually think!

Nothing worse than elitist morons running off at the mouth that can't see past their own nose.

Rant over.
View Quote
Good rant

Bad ass avatar.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
She's right.

View Quote
Well she is also a Bitch... That my right also
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:56:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
One example sure. Conservative internet commandos saying we should cut everybody on SSI off.

My brother is mentally handicapped and on SSI. So I have seen that there is a true need for some people to recieve SSI.

People that say that shit are stupid elitists that can't see past their own nose. They just assume that everyone on SSI is just some low life.

Ive also had buddies who past away and their wife got SSI from the husbands death benefits for the children.

I just hate hearing foolish stuff like that from either side.
View Quote
There is nothing elitist about that.

Do you think the federal government is there to provide for everyone's need?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Shit. I don't know how many times I was called Hun, Honey, Sweetie, Sugar or whatever when I was in OK stationed at Ft Sill.
Were those women being sexist?....

The actress slammed an airport employee for referring to her by the pet name, as well as putting his hands on her.

“This is the kind of thing to me that happens which I categorize as everyday sexism,” she fumed in a Facebook Live video on Saturday. “And it is so easy to let it go and not to speak up, particularly when it is so easy for someone to push back and say, ‘Oh, I was just being polite.’ So I was coming through security and a guy said ‘Hey sweetheart,’ and I said, ‘I’m not your sweetheart, I am your client.’ So I was already setting a boundary.”

Judd, 49, didn’t specify at which airport the incident occurred, but had been traveling through Europe over the weekend to film “Berlin Station.” She claimed the offenses didn’t end there.

“When I was setting my things out, he said, ‘Hey nice dress!’ I didn’t hear him say anything about the attire of any of the other folks in the entire line and I am in one of the most traveled airports in the world. I’m surrounded by lots and lots of other people dressed in lots of different kinds of dress. … And then guess what happened next? He touched me,” she alleged.

Judd spoke to a manager about the experience, which she said ended positively.

I hope from now on all TSA employees say, "move along sir" to her after this.

If you change your fucking socks your feet won't have that burning sensation Sir............
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 4:00:24 PM EDT
[#41]
After reading her account of what happened I'm just calling bullshit on the whole thing. Her account is way too creepy and predatory for anyone to act like that and maintain a TSA job for any amount of time.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Meh, she might be a libtard bitch but the employee was out of line putting his hands on her in that situation, or anyone else for that matter.

Quoted:
lol Southerners, probably still mad that they lost the Civil War 
View Quote
That's always hilarious coming from people too ashamed to post their state.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 4:02:11 PM EDT
[#43]
i was laughing that she got so bent out of shape over being called sweetheart, but i don't blame her for being angry at the touching.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 4:03:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That's true, this site is run nothing like the DU site, if it was I would have been gone long ago.

The DU reference is for the content, the brain dead name-calling and other tribal crapola.  Everyone they disagree with is called a fascist, racist, homophobe, etc.

You see the same kind of bar stool horseshit on here sometimes.

Whenever the narrative is more important than facts, eventually the zealots end up screeching abuse and insisting that everyone toe the line
View Quote
Rational debate is all fine and well, but at some point it is tribal and it becomes a matter of target identification and IFF.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
After reading her account of what happened I'm just calling bullshit on the whole thing. Her account is way too creepy and predatory for anyone to act like that and maintain a TSA job for any amount of time.
View Quote
I wouldn't bet my life on that.  Just sayin'...
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 4:07:14 PM EDT
[#46]
This did.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Meh, she might be a libtard bitch but the employee was out of line putting his hands on her in that situation, or anyone else for that matter.
View Quote
"He touched me". I didn't see any context to that. What does it mean? Did he grab a boob? Elbows accidently touch?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Why is everyone so surprised? See her Mother and Sister. Crazy ain't racist.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#49]
A pretty, ugly lady.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#50]
I don't much like being called "sweetheart" by strangers, either.  "Honey" is OK, though.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top