Site Notices
Page / 51
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

JBT you post some of the most off the wall shit sometimes and most accurate shit other times.

This is pretty off the wall. Licensing issues in one or two industries doesn't reflect the economy of the entire state.

There's PLENTY of good jobs in Florida, especially in Tech, Medical, and finance. There's a number of LARGE companies with HQs or a significant presence in FL. Using Taurus as an example is laughable. To succeed here in these industries, all you have to do is apply yourself and work hard. Getting an education definitely helps. Instead, no, everyone wants to sit around and bitch that there's no enough jobs! It's so expensive! I don't make enough!. Well grind your fucking ass off and make that money or stop bitching. The opportunities here are endless! I'm not gasping for air. My wife isn't. My family isn't. So where do you get that shit?

Starting a business is also not expensive, so I don't know where the hell that comes from.

The people who do poorly here are those in service jobs who WANT to be in those jobs, and its because they don't want to apply themselves or do better (go to college, tech school, anything). They just want all those tourist and snowbird tips, and if they could, $15 an hour. People flock to this state from other shit holes to get these service jobs because there's so much of them, and it saturates or economy with such people, however it doesn't mean our economy is "economically depressed, over regulated, and license feed to death", or that industry is fleeing the state .

If you believe FL is horrible on business and has no industry, then you're pretty narrow minded or don't have much of a view into the actual economics of this state. Not to mention, you're Cuban right? When your forefathers came here, and there was less industry, did they bitch about it or did they put in work and make something?
View Quote
It's not off the wall

Florida's licensing scheme is abusive and CRIMINALLY punishes people for being entrepreneurial

Florida does things like suspend your occupational license if you default on student loans. How does that make sense??? Are you going to be able to pay the loans off faster by taking a lesser job with lower pay?

My state is guilty of it as well, but Florida licensed "interior designers" as well

I know someone who was accused of hitting a student in Florida as a teacher. It was a bullshit charge. The police investigated and said there was nothing there. The parents pressured the school district and pushed for a teaching license suspension. It went to the Florida Board overseeing teaching licenses. They suspended the person's teaching license. They appealed and almost went bankrupt. They couldn't work as a teacher. Decided to go into a totally different industry. They could do the work, got a master's in the occupation from a top school, etc.

Florida said nope. You have to serve a suspension for your teaching license first. And that applies to any other occupational license in Florida. Without that license, the person I know could work in their new field, but only as a low-apprentice making $10 an hour. With the license they'd have been making 60-80k per year.

Why is it that so many other states don't have these aggressive licensing schemes? And have no worse outcome in the licensed field/occupation than Florida?

Here's the real dirty secret - - only the law-abiding or those with something to lose comply anyway. So many idiots, scammers, and shady people violate the licensing law daily. But either they don't get caught, don't care, or simply move to another state if busted. Only well-meaning people who aren't law-breakers, have family in Florida, and work hard get fucked by Florida's licensing regime.

It's not a crazy or off-the-wall thing. Marco Rubio thought the same thing before he actually opened his ears and listened to people fucked by Florida's licensing regime.

And Miami_JBT is absolutely right that a major reason for it is to collect government revenue. It's an oppressive scheme that a lot of people don't know about or downplay until it impacts them or someone that know.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

and who the fuck is Alex Harris?
View Quote
Miami Herald reporter.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 6:48:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fucking retard voters.

The instructions clearly explain and demonstrate that you’re supposed to fill the bubble in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucking retard voters.

The instructions clearly explain and demonstrate that you’re supposed to fill the bubble in.
No shit. I actually borrowed one of the poll worker ladies reading glasses so i could make sure I filled in that tiny bubble correctly with my aging eyes. Fuck me for doing everything I could to make sure I followed the rules and did it right. "Muh voter intent". Fuck the democrats and their slimy pos lawyers.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
JBT you post some of the most off the wall shit sometimes and most accurate shit other times.

This is pretty off the wall. Licensing issues in one or two industries doesn't reflect the economy of the entire state.

There's PLENTY of good jobs in Florida, especially in Tech, Medical, and finance. There's a number of LARGE companies with HQs or a significant presence in FL. Using Taurus as an example is laughable. To succeed here in these industries, all you have to do is apply yourself and work hard. Getting an education definitely helps. Instead, no, everyone wants to sit around and bitch that there's no enough jobs! It's so expensive! I don't make enough!. Well grind your fucking ass off and make that money or stop bitching. The opportunities here are endless! I'm not gasping for air. My wife isn't. My family isn't. So where do you get that shit?

Starting a business is also not expensive, so I don't know where the hell that comes from.

The people who do poorly here are those in service jobs who WANT to be in those jobs, and its because they don't want to apply themselves or do better (go to college, tech school, anything). They just want all those tourist and snowbird tips, and if they could, $15 an hour. People flock to this state from other shit holes to get these service jobs because there's so much of them, and it saturates or economy with such people, however it doesn't mean our economy is "economically depressed, over regulated, and license feed to death", or that industry is fleeing the state .

If you believe FL is horrible on business and has no industry, then you're pretty narrow minded or don't have much of a view into the actual economics of this state. Not to mention, you're Cuban right? When your forefathers came here, and there was less industry, did they bitch about it or did they put in work and make something?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup, he even made the Licensing worse. EVERYTHING is regulated in FL. And he has made enforcement and arrests of license violators a top priority.
I have family that moved back to AL for awhile to escape the insanity of the Florida licensing regime. It is a sickening usage of government power to control the economic prospects of its citizens.

Seems like we share the same opinion of Scott. But he's still a better option than Nelson.

Be thankful, Florida. At least you didn't have to deal with Roy Moore. I regret not working harder to get Mo Brooks or Strange to win the primary/runoff. Literally any other candidate would've won that Senate seat. I would've voted for any Republican other than Roy Moore.

Meh. It is bullshit that any of us have to deal with these bullshit candidates instead of candidates that are what we actually want. We need ranked choice voting.
Florida is hardcore on licensing since it doesn't collect an income tax. That is what many don't realize. A good segment of new Floridians arriving here are retirees that don't have to worry about a job. They have their pension, 401k, defined benefits, etc paying for their lifestyle. Many move here because of no income tax.

But the everyday man and woman is gasping for air in a economically depressed market that is over regulated and license feed to death. The working population is very much hit hard, more so since we're a service based economy. That means if you want to make more than minimum wage stocking shelves or serving coffee. You either get government employment or start your own business. And starting your own business is not cheap here.

Our economic policies are bad. Not NY/CA bad. But bad compared to neighboring states. There is a reason that major industry has not settled in FL. Hell, Taurus is one of the biggest gun makers in the world and was forever located in FL. They moved to Bainbridge, GA for a reason. It is more affordable than FL. We actually have industry fleeing Florida.

Rick Scott's Open for Business ads are for the most part bullshit. He really has hurt the economy.

North Florida is a barren wasteland outside of the tourist traps and government work.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How the hell is Broward County still using paper ballots?   I live in a poor PA county and we have electronic voting.
View Quote
LoL You think paper ballot IS is the issue ?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Fucking retard voters.

View Quote
Yep. Not only are the instructions clear, they provide an example. They also tell you do NOT mark your ballot like was done in this picture. And if you fuck up your ballot to request a new one.

It isn't even about "oh, it is a stupid person so why count it" but that it ISN'T A LEGAL VOTE when they do that. How can anyone determine intent?

I do like how they managed to find the Dem and circle that, though. No fucking clue who is running, but find "DEM" or the Donkey and circle it.

Sure, Republicans have some voters like that too. But I've never known them to not even know who is running.

We have to have ballot standards otherwise nefarious poll workers or a supervisor of elections can mark over any ballot they want. And then let the attorney for the candidate they want to win argue it should be counted. It count it and not even produce it as a disputed ballot.

It isn't about disenfranchising voters or preventing votes from being counted. On the contrary, it is to PROTECT every voter and vote our there.

But, hey, it is Broward County. I wish I could talk about some of my work/business experiences down there, but I have to limit it to personal experiences only. It is a fucked up place.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

how you going to count that? honestly...
View Quote
Well, Nelson's attorney is arguing the intent is obvious...

The only thing obvious is that either the voter is retarded or had multiple strokes while filling out their ballot.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
North Florida is a barren wasteland outside of the tourist traps and government work.
View Quote
I like Northern Florida but I can't really disagree. Go outside of the coastal cities, Tallahassee, or Gainesville and there aren't a lot of good jobs.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've spent a lot of time there, in South Florida, and in Central Florida.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:02:50 PM EDT
[#10]
If someone is too stupid to properly vote in Florida they are probably too stupid to even be voting. Just saying.... We get a sample ballot that looks exactly like our ballot thats like 2.5 times larger with clear instructions on when, where to vote, and how to complete the form in plenty of time to look into any unknown items on the ballot.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:10:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No shit. I actually borrowed one of the poll worker ladies reading glasses so i could make sure I filled in that tiny bubble correctly with my aging eyes. Fuck me for doing everything I could to make sure I followed the rules and did it right. "Muh voter intent". Fuck the democrats and their slimy pos lawyers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucking retard voters.

All this is going to do is piss people off and demonstrate to the entirety of the world how absolutely fucking retarded some American citizens are.

This shit is an absolute disgrace.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I like Northern Florida but I can't really disagree. Go outside of the coastal cities, Tallahassee, or Gainesville and there aren't a lot of good jobs.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've spent a lot of time there, in South Florida, and in Central Florida.
View Quote
Brevard county is a decent area for technical jobs and is not a major metropolitan area as of yet. It took a hit during the recession and the shuttle program ending but its made a decent recovery though. My company is growing, hiring like crazy, and Northrop Grumman is investing heavily for the new bomber program which will have longevity.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:13:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Miami Herald reporter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and who the fuck is Alex Harris?
Miami Herald reporter.
I should have done a google search but I was lazy. Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
They really need to bring back him crow era literacy tests for voters.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Florida is hardcore on licensing since it doesn't collect an income tax. That is what many don't realize. A good segment of new Floridians arriving here are retirees that don't have to worry about a job. They have their pension, 401k, defined benefits, etc paying for their lifestyle. Many move here because of no income tax.

But the everyday man and woman is gasping for air in a economically depressed market that is over regulated and license feed to death. The working population is very much hit hard, more so since we're a service based economy. That means if you want to make more than minimum wage stocking shelves or serving coffee. You either get government employment or start your own business. And starting your own business is not cheap here.

Our economic policies are bad. Not NY/CA bad. But bad compared to neighboring states. There is a reason that major industry has not settled in FL. Hell, Taurus is one of the biggest gun makers in the world and was forever located in FL. They moved to Bainbridge, GA for a reason. It is more affordable than FL. We actually have industry fleeing Florida.

Rick Scott's Open for Business ads are for the most part bullshit. He really has hurt the economy.
View Quote
I remember when WV did that and changed the state motto on the highway signs to “West Virginia, Open For Business” which did absolutely nothing for business activity and just made everyone roll their eyes.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:22:25 PM EDT
[#16]
When I launched my LLC here it was EZ as fuck.

If I was the sole owner it would have been free since I'm a veteran but I had to pay the fee since I'm just a 10% owner.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yep. Not only are the instructions clear, they provide an example. They also tell you do NOT mark your ballot like was done in this picture. And if you fuck up your ballot to request a new one.

It isn't even about "oh, it is a stupid person so why count it" but that it ISN'T A LEGAL VOTE when they do that. How can anyone determine intent?

I do like how they managed to find the Dem and circle that, though. No fucking clue who is running, but find "DEM" or the Donkey and circle it.

Sure, Republicans have some voters like that too. But I've never known them to not even know who is running.

We have to have ballot standards otherwise nefarious poll workers or a supervisor of elections can mark over any ballot they want. And then let the attorney for the candidate they want to win argue it should be counted. It count it and not even produce it as a disputed ballot.

It isn't about disenfranchising voters or preventing votes from being counted. On the contrary, it is to PROTECT every voter and vote our there.

But, hey, it is Broward County. I wish I could talk about some of my work/business experiences down there, but I have to limit it to personal experiences only. It is a fucked up place.
View Quote
I alluded to it earlier, but Fox News had a live feed of the votes being counted by  Snipes and others at the Broward facility. They had one woman putting the yellow sticky notes on the ballots, scribble some things, and then she would pass them to Snipes where she started to scribble things. Would not surprise me with all the pen work going on that things were being manipulated.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I really hope the dumbass Republicans shut this BS down and stop the democrat fraud.

But, in the off chance they don’t, I won’t be able to help myself. Any republican is better than any dem at this point, and I’d rather have an empty suit with an R next to the name. Rick scott, the cowardly RINO, has been governor for what, eight years.

Do you think this is the first time elections fraud came out of Broward County?  Rick Scott chose to do nothing. Too busy removing constitutional rights from Floridians under 21, I suppose.

If he loses, and his dreams of finally going big time, becoming a somebody, fail, the dumbass has no one to blame but himself.  He should have got off his ass and stopped being a bitch.

Sorry about your luck, Rick. Remember you are nothing to the American people if you can’t keep that senate seat warm. I guess you should have done something about Broward county you dumb son of a bitch.  If you are so worthless that you can’t get us a senate seat, they saved you another seat, in hell.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:51:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Brevard county is a decent area for technical jobs and is not a major metropolitan area as of yet. It took a hit during the recession and the shuttle program ending but its made a decent recovery though. My company is growing, hiring like crazy, and Northrop Grumman is investing heavily for the new bomber program which will have longevity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I lived in West Melbourne when the recession hit. The Brevard area is government and government support  luckily it has rebounded. Titusville for a while was DEAD.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Glad the court ruled in Scott's favor. I hope it goes his way.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:57:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You used your 'popularity' on this site to convince FL voters to not vote for Scott.  One jackass wrote your name in instead.

Congratulations.
View Quote
I heard shit taste like shit, and popularity does not apply. You at the last Tally 2nd rally?. If not i heard someone over there say gfys.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:57:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Glad the court ruled in Scott's favor. I hope it goes his way.
View Quote
As do I.

Like I've said. I might have beef with the man. But the blatant theft of an election is shit that makes my blood boil. As a nation, we are supposed to honor and respect that most powerful of actions. And defend it too. There is a reason why the Founders didn't hand it out to every Tom, Dick, and Harry.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I lived in West Melbourne when the recession hit. The Brevard area is government and government support  luckily it has rebounded. Titusville for a while was DEAD.
View Quote
We were pretty close to being neighbors, were you with WMPD at the time?  Yeah Titusville took it hard, damn near turned into a ghost town. It was depressing times for sure.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:59:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
All this is going to do is piss people off and demonstrate to the entirety of the world how absolutely fucking retarded some American citizens are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucking retard voters.
Here in GA Stacey Abrams has filed a lawsuit in the court where her sister is the judge asking that late votes be counted, and now they will be.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:01:09 PM EDT
[#28]
It's 7pm in Broward.

Have they complied with the court?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:01:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

WTF
View Quote
Hanging Chad 2.0

I feel sorry for that Agriculture Secretary guy who lost because of this. He should file a lawsuit or something.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We were pretty close to being neighbors, were you with WMPD at the time?  Yeah Titusville took it hard, damn near turned into a ghost town. It was depressing times for sure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not WMPD, but an area agency. The housing was dirt cheap for a bit. But my friends worked for Boeing and were laid off. It was rough for them. They were struggling to find work. And these were guys with Masters and PHDs. In the end, they moved out of FL and went to TX for employment.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:07:13 PM EDT
[#31]
no one would do that.  That was done after the voter left the building.

Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Null and void.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:09:45 PM EDT
[#33]
That ballot looks like a five year old did it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have seen many complete retards vote. And some actual retarded folks too. And it is amazing how many people can't eve read. Staff has to read the ballot to them or give them an audio tape of the ballot. In Orlando, at the downtown precinct, those services were in use constantly and even had its own line.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
What do they do with those? Personally, I don't think it should be counted regardless of who that person voted for. That is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How the hell is Broward County still using paper ballots?   I live in a poor PA county and we have electronic voting.
View Quote
My city went from fancy gee-wiz computer voting machines back to paper ballots.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Wars have started over less than this.

Taxation without representation.

Do you have representation if you never had a honest vote for representation? (rhetorical)
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#38]
In this case we use the ARfcom Razor:

Never attribute to incompetence that which is adequately explained by malice.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:27:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Wasn't there a 7pm deadline or something?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:30:42 PM EDT
[#40]
This individual is not intelligent enough to be voting.

Period. End of discussion.

The more I wake up and have to go out and face this world. The more I think eugenics wouldn't be such a bad thing.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#41]
That mouth breather doesn't deserve to have their vote counted.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#42]
It so easy..... Even a third would country can do it. Maybe Broward county should adopt.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:37:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Oh look.... another poop flinging thread with little substance. Werent the other upteen with the same TIRED AS FUCK ARGUMENTS enough? Arguing about how to vote now is just fucking retarded.

This shit is SIMPLE. Scott is the damned governor. He had 2 terms to get shit right, he gambled with his chances and actions. He allowed the fuckery to remain and florish here in Florida while he lined his pockets with our wealth. If he loses this race its because HE WAS A FUCKING FAILURE at his job and his "long game" wasnt as smart as he thought it would be. If he was watching the roost and courting his base and their wishes, he wouldnt be in this position. Instead he reached for the stars and its biting him in his ASS.  Blame us, blame your mom, kick your fucking dog if you want. Nothing chamges the fact that he is a fucking self serving moron who may have lost the election based on HIS ACTIONS as governor.
View Quote
And if Scott loses, nothing changes the fact that NYC liberal Schumer has FLA's Senate vote for 6 years to do with as he pleases...
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Wasn't there a 7pm deadline or something?
View Quote
She won't comply.

Eventually some court will have to say "enough is enough" and a winner will be certified.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

What do they do with those? Personally, I don't think it should be counted regardless of who that person voted for. That is ridiculous.
View Quote
Reading the sticky note, it looks like it says the senate vote (where there is marking all over the place) is invalid, but the remaining races where the voter x’d bubbles instead of filling them in are valid.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#46]
I just saw a blurb on YouTube about a judge sides with a Scott and ordered a ballot inspection?  Time stamp was 2 hours ago.  Did we cover this?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:02:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I just saw a blurb on YouTube about a judge sides with a Scott and ordered a ballot inspection?  Time stamp was 2 hours ago.  Did we cover this?
View Quote
I assume that’s talking about his public records suit against Broward where they sued for access to the ballots and voting records that Broward was refusing to disclose.  If so, yes.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm honestly a bit surprised at the amount of open fraud.

They know cell phone cameras are everywhere, and offload piles of fraudulent ballots in the open anyways.

If I'd expected this much bullshit, I would not have predicted that the GOP would hold the House.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#49]
So whats going on? I thought shit was supposed to be shut down PDQ at 7pm?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I assume that’s talking about his public records suit against Broward where they sued for access to the ballots and voting records that Broward was refusing to disclose.  If so, yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fair enough.  I’m stretched in 28848585 different directions right now so I can’t keep up.  Ill just check here lol
Page / 51
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top