BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 73
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone care to put out what kind of strike Israel will hit Iran with?

Just a smack thier pee pee, Strategic Launch sites only.

Or will they also target, Power and infrastructure and the Ayatollah headquarters. As to go all out war now?
View Quote

@lil_Sig

Just spitballing but one or two bunker buster nukes would not be a surprise.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:43:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately, I think the longer the delay, the weaker the response.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

@lil_Sig

Just spitballing buy one or two bunker buster nukes would not be a surprise.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or will they also target, Power and infrastructure and the Ayatollah headquarters. As to go all out war now?

@lil_Sig

You really believe Israel might go nuclear?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#4]
A subterranean nuke would cause a pretty neat earthquake....
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think some of you all are failing to realize this is not just about Israel/US versus Iran.

Iran is in alliance with Russia, China, Turkey, etc.  The ignorance being shown here, talking about how primitive Iran is...well, look who is supporting them and watching from a close distance? This is going to turn into a world war without a doubt. Israel is already planning an attack on Iran.  This is a prime example of a proxy war that is getting ready to spiral out of control.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I think some of you all are failing to realize this is not just about Israel/US versus Iran.

Iran is in alliance with Russia, China, Turkey, etc.  The ignorance being shown here, talking about how primitive Iran is...well, look who is supporting them and watching from a close distance? This is going to turn into a world war without a doubt. Israel is already planning an attack on Iran.  This is a prime example of a proxy war that is getting ready to spiral out of control.

Did Islamic isis just commit a terrorist attack in Russia. We all know Iran supports terrorism and they just attacked Russia.

ISIS claimed responsibly for Friday's deadly assault on a concert venue in Moscow, releasing graphic footage purporting to show its gunmen carrying out what was Russia's worst terror attack in decades.Mar 26, 2024

ISIS claims responsibly for terrorism in Russia
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well, he is probably talking about the 1980’s.  

You were not here, so I guess you would not know about it…

(Talk about someone commenting about something they know ZERO about….)
View Quote

No I wasn’t. I wasn’t here during the 40s or 20’s either, and neither were most of us, but that doesn’t disqualify me or you on making a comment based on history or knowledge of the facts and historical events.

I understand the point. But if you take a look at Gen Z or even millennials and how many people were duped by the gov. are you surprised that not many are willing to fight now? Especially given the last 3 administrations (Bush, Obama, and Biden)?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:47:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You are right, I should have said in the last 20-30 years since US established itself as the premier/only superpower in the world.  

We will see how serious Israel is about striking back by what they do in Gaza over the next few weeks.  They need to finish up there, because if they decide to hurt Iran in any meaningful way they will be fighting Hezbollah and don't need Hamas still capable on the other side of the country.  Israel's tactical situation is shit right now and this is why i think they will be very restrained.  Iran has boots on the ground on their borders (Hezbollah, Syria) and they don't.  

Again, the worst part is that Biden went out and said don't and they did.  How do you think this plays in Taiwan?  Iran didn't listen, why would China?  Is Taiwan a closer ally than Israel?  Is anybody?  

It's a fucked up situation.  I am sure the news are going to be desperately trying to convince the world this was a great victory but color me skeptic.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree a bit but I'd rather not gum up the thread. A couple of quick points:

Agreed that Ukraine is fucked. For lots of reasons, none of which involve being pro- either combatant.

Who would have thought Israel would have been attacked by a country? Anyone who remembers when Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and a few lesser players attacked them en masse and individually over more than a decade.

You are right, I should have said in the last 20-30 years since US established itself as the premier/only superpower in the world.  

We will see how serious Israel is about striking back by what they do in Gaza over the next few weeks.  They need to finish up there, because if they decide to hurt Iran in any meaningful way they will be fighting Hezbollah and don't need Hamas still capable on the other side of the country.  Israel's tactical situation is shit right now and this is why i think they will be very restrained.  Iran has boots on the ground on their borders (Hezbollah, Syria) and they don't.  

Again, the worst part is that Biden went out and said don't and they did.  How do you think this plays in Taiwan?  Iran didn't listen, why would China?  Is Taiwan a closer ally than Israel?  Is anybody?  

It's a fucked up situation.  I am sure the news are going to be desperately trying to convince the world this was a great victory but color me skeptic.  

If I had to bet I'd say that the Biden administration made some kind of deal with Iran, along the lines of "do an attack to save face, we'll help shoot it down so Israel doesn't get hurt, and then we'll prevent Israel from retaliating". The whole thing feels a bit orchestrated.

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A very transparent straight up act of War by the Iranian Mullahs.

Someone may end up getting a tactical nuke dropped on them.

I would not be surprised if the Israelis go with this option.
View Quote

And I don't doubt that the USA  wouldn't mind watching Israel do it, with a simple official statement later "Oh well, we don't approve, but Israel has the right to defend itself from these forever terrorists"
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:47:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLIxRVtWcAAmvgL?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

My wiring job on my boat trailer junction box looks better!

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:49:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Too many people here do, to be honest.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:49:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I really want Israel gets some, but I sure hope there careful flying those F-35s over Iran. It sure would suck if one were shot down and they slowed the comes to examine it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:51:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Did Islamic isis just commit a terrorist attack in Russia. We all know Iran supports terrorism and they just attacked Russia.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ISIS claimed responsibly for Friday's deadly assault on a concert venue in Moscow, releasing graphic footage purporting to show its gunmen carrying out what was Russia's worst terror attack in decades.Mar 26, 2024

ISIS and Iran are enemies.

It's more likely that Saudi put them up to it, if they even did it, and if anyone even helped or encouraged.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are including China in your Alliance of Evil, because it suits your sense of Doom.  

The West would be screwed if China was truly allied against us.  

Luckily, they are hoping to profit from all of the wars.    

China is playing it smart.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well, he is probably talking about the 1980’s.  

You were not here, so I guess you would not know about it…

(Talk about someone commenting about something they know ZERO about….)
View Quote

Honest question not being a smart assistant towards you so don't take it that way

But you there in the late 70s early 80s
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Do you just make this stuff up? Iran is known for its number or engineers. STEM was made a priority after the revolution since a lot of the educated fled the country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are probably 50 people in Iran that could believably call themselves an engineer. Maybe another 25 willing to work for the shitbirds on contract.

Then there's maybe 10 industrial spots that make all the shiny new weapons, and five guys that more or less run the country,
Do you just make this stuff up? Iran is known for its number or engineers. STEM was made a priority after the revolution since a lot of the educated fled the country.
Iran has the best concrete in the world. They are not stupid.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I really want Israel gets some, but I sure hope there careful flying those F-35s over Iran. It sure would suck if one were shot down and they slowed the comes to examine it.
View Quote

"Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:54:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm never going to understand polite warfare.
"Hey you Iranian assholes!  We're gonna strike back!  In 24-48 hours."

Why warn them?  Just annihilate them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are interpreting it wrong.    You Don’t strike back immediately when expected.    You strike back at a Time of Your choosing.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yikes.  That is not sustainable.
View Quote

The Military Industrial Complex is a thing.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Sounds about right. Iran had long desired to become a superpower on the world stage and they are well on their way
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This guy gets it.

Few people in this thread seem to have noticed the seismic shift in the Middle East power balance that happened last night.  For the first time in history Iran has directly attacked Israel, and not only have they directly attacked them they did so after they were specifically warned by the US and Israel to not do it.

Iran just announced to Israel "we're not scared of you anymore" and flexed their muscles.  And everyone in the world saw it.  Israel foiled most of the attack but that wasn't the point of it; Iran sent a message that Israel is vulnerable.  Israel must respond to restore deterrence.

If Israel and the US back down Iran will have established itself as the main counterweight to Israel in the Middle East, and will have earned the support and loyalty of hundreds of millions of Muslims.  If they don't back down and strike back then they risk starting a war that neither can afford right now.

GD of course is enamored with the video game aspect of the attack and ignoring its strategic implications.  Iran can hit Israel whenever it wants to, and the mullahs apparently don't care what the US or Israel will do in response.  This isn't the Iran of the 1980s anymore; they're an ascendant regional power, and they are willing to use it to confront us.

Sounds about right. Iran had long desired to become a superpower on the world stage and they are well on their way

Lots of people saying that this is unprecedented. Maybe my memory is poor, but I don't remember a time when Iran ever heeded US warnings.

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:05:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Was this airborne and downed in the Dead Sea area? Or "This is what a downed Iranian ballistic missile looks like in the Dead Sea area" when placed there?

The soil under the missile looks barely dislodged, as if the missile were lowered with a crane.  If it fell from any height I would imagine more soil disruption.

I am not on "X" so I have not read other comments.

Not commentary on the conflict, just this image/comment.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@lil_Sig

No chance in hell is Israel going nuclear  - at least not first.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Was this airborne and downed in the Dead Sea area? Or "This is what a downed Iranian ballistic missile looks like in the Dead Sea area" when placed there?

The soil under the missile looks barely dislodged, as if the missile were lowered with a crane.  If it fell from any height I would imagine more soil disruption.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it was probably this one and got dragged ashore.

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:11:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's more likely that Saudi put them up to it, if they even did it, and if anyone even helped or encouraged.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're not wrong.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:18:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s a weird looking fleshlight.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Because it's all for political and diplomatic consumption.  They're doing the same thing the Iranians did:  Give notice to allow the other side to get ready and thus minimize casualties and damage.

That way there won't be the public outrage for a massive retaliatory strike which would definitely cause the other side to up the ante.

It's kind of like that TOS Star Trek episode where the two planets just played a controlled pretend war in order to prevent a more massive one.  Neither Iran nor Israel (or China or the US) wants things to get out of control in the Middle East.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The Military Industrial Complex is a thing.
View Quote

Something quoted by dumbasses all the time.

It’s only a partially true statement. However the same whiners who bitch about the MIC are very often the same who complain about a single American death. Also, often those are the same naive isolationists who believe the world wouldn’t be a worse place if China or Russia were the world’s superpower.

Our military tech outclasses the rest of the world by a massive margin for one reason. The money pumped into the MIC. Yes, there are significant problems with cost overruns and political kickbacks.

You can’t have it both ways though. Desert Storm and the GWOT would look very, very different in terms of US KIA if we did not have the companies investing in weapons tech that we currently do.

And don’t kid yourself, wars are going to happen regardless of what you want to hide your kids from.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Think how retarded this is:

Joe Biden gave Iran 16bn last year. Iran can pay for 160 more attacks just like this one, just from the money Joe Biden gave them.

Is there anything that Jimmy Carter did that Joe Biden hasnt done worse? At least Carter tried to rescue American hostages in Iran, Biden hasn't lifted a finger for hostages in Gaza.
View Quote

There aren't hostages in Gaza.  They were long ago killed by Hamas.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That’s a weird looking snow cone makerfleshlight.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Iran has been a problem for decades. Israel nuking them is not something I want to see. I know if this goes hot it could spill over here at home, via terror cells and hacking. In a perfect world Iran gets a conventional beating and regime change with no ill effects here. With so much going on in the world, I fear this could spiral out of control.
View Quote

Of course you “fear” it.    We all do.  Arfcom is based on fear.     Fear and loathing.    But mostly the fear.  

OTOH, Iran richly deserves it.    Not just deserves it, but NEEDs it.   More than any Nation has needed it, since ancient Persia.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#33]
For everyone not thinking.  The Dead Sea has so much salt in the water you could damn near float a brick in it.  That missile body floating like that is totally believable.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:49:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

When was that? When the US threw a bunch of young adults into the meat grinder during Vietnam? Or was it during GWB invading countries that posed no thread to the US and ignored the ones that actually supported the 9/11 attacks? When the US govt plain old lied over and over again for their own gains? Or is it going to be now to fight for some Ukrainian money laundering scheme or fight for Israel and getting us involved where we shouldn’t be involved?

Fuck all that shit. When are people going to wake up to the fact that 95% of it is fake patriotism?

This isn’t WW2. It’s all bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed 100% and it's both sad and frightening. I grew up when most young men considered it their duty to fight for their nation should the need arise. These days, the military seems like it's run more like a fortune 500 company than a fighting force.

The underlying weakness of the west is that the west thinks people around the world are motivated by the same things that westerners are. It's our fatal flaw. Some folks can't be bought with blue jeans and the promise of opportunity...and when those same folks decide to fight, they aren't concerned with Geneva convention practiced and rule of engagement. The west has forgotten how to win a fight against savage warriors.  

I think that a lot of liberals like to believe that when called upon, Americans will 'step up' and do what is necessary to keep our nation safe. The reality is that people don't 'step up'...they simply default to their training. When we trained men to ignore pain, endure suffering, use violence, and fight for survival,  our forces were capable of stabilizing the globe. Now we train people that pronouns matter, that guys can get pregnant, and that hurting someone's feelings with words is the same thing as violence. Not surprisingly, we have an entire nation of youth who can't fight, don't exercise, and if pushed to the edge would probably jump off rather that turn and face their oppressor.

The gates leading to Valhalla don't get much use any more.

When was that? When the US threw a bunch of young adults into the meat grinder during Vietnam? Or was it during GWB invading countries that posed no thread to the US and ignored the ones that actually supported the 9/11 attacks? When the US govt plain old lied over and over again for their own gains? Or is it going to be now to fight for some Ukrainian money laundering scheme or fight for Israel and getting us involved where we shouldn’t be involved?

Fuck all that shit. When are people going to wake up to the fact that 95% of it is fake patriotism?

This isn’t WW2. It’s all bullshit.

Your attitude is one of the main reasons I am against unchecked immigration.    

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Cliff note update anyone?

I only have
Iran overstep
Israel took out someone
Typical Iran response (show off nothing burger to save face)
Intelligence gathering from Russia and China
Talk of revenge from Israel

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Of course you “fear” it.    We all do.  Arfcom is based on fear.     Fear and loathing.    But mostly the fear.  

OTOH, Iran richly deserves it.    Not just deserves it, but NEEDs it.   More than any Nation has needed it, since ancient Persia.
View Quote

Pretty much this. People complain about the West being weak and unable to project power.

Because of mindsets like this. Of people who are fearful of what might happen. Who wish for the good old days of Americans not afraid to fight for God and Country.

People who believe themselves to still hold those values while loathing a war that may mean sacrifice because it’s obvious that Americas decline means that it’s not worth it anymore.

“No Iranian or Chinese ever called me a Nazi or called for taking away my rights!”

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Netanyahu's reaction to biden asking him to stand down.

Who is this person who speaks to me as though I needed his advice
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:07:00 PM EDT
[#39]
IS Obama the Muslim that hates Iran or not?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:07:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Man I’m getting whiplash here… yes, no, yes, no…
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

So looks like we will have some current USA tech vs Russian cold war tech action. Think the Iranians are gonna have their TomCats get in on some action?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty sure Obama was the one that sent two C-130's loaded with tax payers money to them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:13:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Cliff note update anyone?

I only have
Iran overstep
Israel took out someone
Typical Iran response (show off nothing burger to save face)
Intelligence gathering from Russia and China
Talk of revenge from Israel

View Quote

That's basically it. I doubt Israel is attacking tonight. It's already late there, and later in Iran. There's only a few hours till sunrise.

There's some reports that Iran is threating to shoot a thousand more rockets if Israel retaliates. Granted, according to the US, half of what they shot last night didn't even work and crashed.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Pretty sure Obama was the one that sent two C-130's loaded with tax payers money to them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It just goes to show you how the democrats hate america that they would push a Muslim person to run the country instead of someone born and raised in the usa
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If I had to bet I'd say that the Biden administration made some kind of deal with Iran, along the lines of "do an attack to save face, we'll help shoot it down so Israel doesn't get hurt, and then we'll prevent Israel from retaliating". The whole thing feels a bit orchestrated.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree a bit but I'd rather not gum up the thread. A couple of quick points:

Agreed that Ukraine is fucked. For lots of reasons, none of which involve being pro- either combatant.

Who would have thought Israel would have been attacked by a country? Anyone who remembers when Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and a few lesser players attacked them en masse and individually over more than a decade.

NEW: Joe Biden Green-Lit Iran's Attack on Israel

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2024/04/14/new-joe-biden-green-lit-irans-attack-on-israel-n2172744
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Oil/Gold/Silver futures opened about ~15 minutes ago.  No spike.  So far, financial experts are betting this is a Nothing Burger.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:17:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

If it was me, I would tell them 48 hours but hit them in 10.
Page / 73
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top