Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ever hear of quotes? I'll explain. If I put "sizeable number" like that in my post, I'd be quoting you. But I didn't.

Since it's so confusing for you, I'll put it in other terms you might understand. Do you claim 1-2% of Palestinians is a decent percentage? When is 1-2% of anything a "decent percentage"? (There are those quotations I was telling you about above)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't say sizable in my original post. I said a decent number.

My original post below:

For example, Jews made up 1.4% of the US population in 2001. That's a decent percentage.
Ever hear of quotes? I'll explain. If I put "sizeable number" like that in my post, I'd be quoting you. But I didn't.

Since it's so confusing for you, I'll put it in other terms you might understand. Do you claim 1-2% of Palestinians is a decent percentage? When is 1-2% of anything a "decent percentage"? (There are those quotations I was telling you about above)
Jews, according to 2001 statistics, accounted for 1.4% of the US population. I'd say that's a decent percentage.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Problem is, Israel will never negotiate in good faith, and the Palis know it. They aren't willing to make any concessions because the status quo benefits Israel. They can continue to expand settlements, changing the facts on the ground, without ever putting anything of value on the table.
View Quote
You don’t negotiate with thieves trying to steal your shit.  You just protect your shit.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:19:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

and at one time there was no such thing as Americans, so at what point do we recognize the Palestinians?
View Quote
Recognized nations are for winners
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Have you ever seen how big Arab families are? 8, 9, 10 kids in a family is very common.

Israelis are like most western countries, they usually only have a couple of kids, at least outside of the settler movement (who breed like rabbits).
View Quote
Those are the families living in abject poverty.  The muslims living in Israel don't breed like that (the Bedouins do but they are apolitical for the most part).

The ultra orthodox Jews do have 8, 9 or 10 kids though.

Here's a question for you, what do you think the ultra orthodox opinion on Zionism is?
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I worked with NATO, Israel doesn't need their help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This was published a few hours ago - Nato Chief Jens Stoltenberg tells Der Spiegel that NATO will not come go Israel's aid if Iran attacks them:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/06/02/nato-not-aid-israel-iran/666078002/
EU loves them some cultural enrichment
I worked with NATO, Israel doesn't need their help.
Oh no doubt
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The part you miss is that Israel needs to give up nothing.  They have already won.  The facts on the ground is that all of the West Bank is annexed.  It is under full Israeli control. When you visit the region to begin to understand why as well.  The West Bank is strategic.  It moves the border from Israel from a line in some sand dunes back to the Dead Sea and the mountains on the other side.  It was striking when I made the drive through the West Bank.  It became completely clear.

The only reason Israel would give up anything would be to secure a full peace, but the reality is, like you said, they don't have to.  The status quo is not terrible for them.  The only people really hurt by the status quo is the Palestinians.  They have everything to gain from here as their current situation is shit, but they refuse to give up on unreasonable demands.

The Israelis are limited by the politics in their own lands.  There is a staunch group that believes in expansion as a core belief.  You can compare it to the anti-abortion groups in the US.  Nothing can possibly convince them otherwise and they form a significant voting block.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Problem is, Israel will never negotiate in good faith, and the Palis know it. They aren't willing to make any concessions because the status quo benefits Israel. They can continue to expand settlements, changing the facts on the ground, without ever putting anything of value on the table.
The part you miss is that Israel needs to give up nothing.  They have already won.  The facts on the ground is that all of the West Bank is annexed.  It is under full Israeli control. When you visit the region to begin to understand why as well.  The West Bank is strategic.  It moves the border from Israel from a line in some sand dunes back to the Dead Sea and the mountains on the other side.  It was striking when I made the drive through the West Bank.  It became completely clear.

The only reason Israel would give up anything would be to secure a full peace, but the reality is, like you said, they don't have to.  The status quo is not terrible for them.  The only people really hurt by the status quo is the Palestinians.  They have everything to gain from here as their current situation is shit, but they refuse to give up on unreasonable demands.

The Israelis are limited by the politics in their own lands.  There is a staunch group that believes in expansion as a core belief.  You can compare it to the anti-abortion groups in the US.  Nothing can possibly convince them otherwise and they form a significant voting block.
Which means Israel will never have peace. The Palestinians are fine with that trade off. They are used to their suffering. They are happy to wait for Israel to collapse / become an apartheid state under the weight of its demographics. Those chickens will come home to roost eventually, that is the motivation/pressure that Israel faces to come to a 2 state solution.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:23:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You don’t negotiate with thieves trying to steal your shit.  You just protect your shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Israel kicked 700,000 Palis off their land to form the state of Israel. Those are Israeli figures. They stole someone else's shit, which how we are where we are today.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Which means Israel will never have peace. The Palestinians are fine with that trade off. They are used to their suffering. They are happy to wait for Israel to collapse / become an apartheid state under the weight of its demographics. Those chickens will come home to roost eventually, that is the motivation/pressure that Israel faces to come to a 2 state solution.
View Quote
The Israelis would accept a 2-State solution way faster than the expelled Arabs and their Iranian matters.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Israel kicked 700,000 Palis off their land to form the state of Israel. Those are Israeli figures. They stole someone else's shit, which how we are where we are today.
View Quote
Arabs should have fought harder.  ZFG.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:24:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Those are the families living in abject poverty.  The muslims living in Israel don't breed like that (the Bedouins do but they are apolitical for the most part).

Here's a question for you, what do you think the ultra orthodox opinion on Zionism is?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever seen how big Arab families are? 8, 9, 10 kids in a family is very common.

Israelis are like most western countries, they usually only have a couple of kids, at least outside of the settler movement (who breed like rabbits).

Depends on the sect.  Some are actually anti-Zionist.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give your house to a native American or youre a hypocrite
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then don't act like Israel is just defending their land. They stole the shit. Lol. Context matters. The Palis have legitimate grievances.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Jews, according to 2001 statistics, accounted for 1.4% of the US population. I'd say that's a decent percentage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My original post below:

For example, Jews made up 1.4% of the US population in 2001. That's a decent percentage.

Which has no relevance to this discussion. You don't even get any points for trying.

So I'll take it since you believe 1.4% is a decent percentage in the US, you must also believe that 1-2% Palestinians is a decent percentage.

I certainly hope for the sake of whoever employs you that you don't have to do math for work because your math skills are very poor. Just like your understanding of events in the Middle East.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well they better be prepared to wait a while.  Wiki stats:

Jews and others: 20.5 births/1,000 populationMuslims: 24.6 births/1,000 population
Christians: 14.4 births/1,000 population

Here's a graph I made from the other Wiki status on %s.

Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't own a house, so I occupy no one's land.

If they want my 750 sq ft apt, they can come knock on my door.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:29:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has made his hypocrisy clear in his middle eastern thread comments.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Then don't act like Israel is just defending their land. They stole the shit. Lol. Context matters. The Palis have legitimate grievances.
View Quote
They don’t even have a legitimate nation, let alone legitimate grievances.

Israel is just defending their land.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:30:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Which has no relevance to this discussion. You don't even get any points for trying.

So I'll take it since you believe 1.4% is a decent percentage in the US, you must also believe that 1-2% Palestinians is a decent percentage.

I certainly hope for the sake of whoever employs you that you don't have to do math for work because your math skills are very poor. Just like your understanding of events in the Middle East.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My original post below:

I'm pretty sure I make much more money than you, and my math does just fine.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Israel is the aggressor. They stole someone else's house and bulldozed it to the ground to form their luxury condominiums. Everything Israel receives is a result of that original sin.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:34:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My original post below:

750 sq ft APARTMENT.

Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Israel is the aggressor. They stole someone else's house and bulldozed it to the ground to form their luxury condominiums. Everything Israel receives is a result of that original sin.
View Quote
That can be your belief - it is a warping of reality - but you can believe it.  I won't directly challenge that.  It doesn't matter though.

The facts on the ground are that Israel controls the territory and manages it well.  It will never be walked backed.  They have won.  Just like Crimea is now Russian.  That will not change.

The Palestinians can choose to suffer or eat a little humble pie and improve the lot for their kids.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That can be your belief.  I won't directly challenge that.  It doesn't matter though.

The facts on the ground are that Israel controls the territory and manages it well.  It will never be walked backed.  They have won.  Just like Crimea is now Russian.  That will not change.

The Palestinians can choose to suffer or eat a little humble pie and improve the lot for their kids.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That can be your belief.  I won't directly challenge that.  It doesn't matter though.

Facts on the ground can always change, in surprising ways.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:39:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Get out of here with that shit.

Nations are for winners
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Damn man you really do not like Jewish people. The Iranians could fully start the the full-on proxy war.  The facts on the ground are that the US would enter and no middle eastern country could meaningfully take the territory with Israel defending and US backing it.

FYI, I'm not jewish by religion or heritage.  I just work there as an American in a nonpolitical situation.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#26]
When I was over in Israel in 2012, we were down near Gaza.

Went to an Israeli police station that had all of the expended rockets sent from Gaza into Israel.

Racks and racks of them.

One of the POs came over and asked me what I thought.

"They look like light poles." I said.

He nodded, "We (Israel) spent a couple million dollars giving Gaza electricity and new lights, and within a month they took them all down, converted the light poles to rockets, and shot them back at us."

I told him, "Well fuck them, then, let them be in the dark."
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Damn man you really do not like Jewish people. The Iranians could fully start the the full-on proxy war.  The facts on the ground are that the US would enter and no middle eastern country could meaningfully take the territory with Israel defending and US backing it.

FYI, I'm not jewish by religion or heritage.  I just work there as an American in a nonpolitical situation.
View Quote
No, he doesn't.

To the point of calling Israeli pilots flying sorties against Iranians and their proxies cowards.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
the vast majority of arabs who left israel in 1948 left of their own volition.  Those who stayed, kept their property.

If Israel was actually kicking arabs out, there wouldn't be 1 million arabs in israel.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:43:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

No, he doesn't.

To the point of calling Israeli pilots flying sorties against Iranians and their proxies cowards.
View Quote
He's very confused and doesn't understand history. It's to be expected.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

the vast majority of arabs who left israel in 1948 left of their own volition.  Those who stayed, kept their property.

If Israel was actually kicking arabs out, there wouldn't be 1 million arabs in israel.
View Quote
Or 20%. Also known as a decent percentage.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:45:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No, he doesn't.

View Quote
Really highlights the irrational hatred the muslim world has for jews.  To the point where he says its the jews fault for all their problems while at the same time showing how its the muslims who are incapable of accepting a single jew left alive.

there are more arabs in israel than there are jews in the entire muslim world.

what does that tell you?
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:46:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that universally true?
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
They conquered it in war.  You can't pick one point in time.  Prior to 1967, the Arabs were breaking all kinds of agreements from the 1949 armistice.  They had no intentions of living peacefully with the Jews.

You mess with the bull you get the horns.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Really highlights the irrational hatred the muslim world has for jews.  To the point where he says its the jews fault for all their problems while at the same time showing how its the muslims who are incapable of accepting a single jew left alive.

what does that tell you?
View Quote
Lies all lies. Jewish lies.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

what does that tell you?
View Quote
That Israel needs to get better at making the hard choices.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:49:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Can't tell if serious or not.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The Israeli phrase of the day is: “overwhelmingly asymmetrical retaliatory strike”
View Quote
“Big Bada Boom” works too.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:50:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has nothing to do with Jews. I get along with Jews with no problems here in the states. The Palestinians got hosed because the Germans were psychopaths. It's fucked up. I have no more emotional investment in the conflict beyond that. I think it is retarded that the Mullahs in Iran give anything more than moral support to the Palestinian cause. They are making Arab problems their own, and putting the plight of the Palis above their own national interests.  But Mullahs gonna Mullah.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
how did arabs end up in israel?
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:51:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
No, he doesn't.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he doesn't.

Has nothing to do with what you are implying, but whatever.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#42]
The Arabs will never give up.

It took them a couple of centuries to drive out European land grabbers the last go round....and they are well aware of their history.

The last few decades have seen the Persians and Turks go from de facto allies of Israel to now become implacable enemies.

Disastrous developments.

If the Shah of Egypt falls, hold onto your yarmulke.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The Palestinians got hosed because the Germans were psychopaths.
View Quote
I think the fact that they’re genocidal kid-fuckers stuck in the 13th century has a lot more to do with it than lingering guilt about ze Germans.

Israel wants a peaceful Israel.  These so-called “Palestinians” want nothing but dead Jews.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
and at one time there was no such thing as Americans, so at what point do we recognize the Palestinians?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, there’s no such thing as Palestinians, so...
When they are culturally, linguistically, religiously and even culinarally distinct from other arabs and have ruled themselves in their own state for more than a century (none of which has ever happened or will happen)
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. There were Jews living there peacefully prior to foundation of the state of Israel. Jews and Muslims lived in Palestine in peace for generations prior to the current conflict.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:55:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read the rest of my posts in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Has nothing to do with Jews. I get along with Jews with no problems here in the states. The Palestinians got hosed because the Germans were psychopaths. It's fucked up. I had no more emotional investment in the conflict beyond that. I think it is retarded that the Mullahs in Iran give anything more than moral support to the Palestinian cause. They are making Arab problems their own, and putting the plight of the Palis above their own national interests.  But Mullahs gonna Mullah.
View Quote
Given your past comments, I don't take what you just said seriously.

Look, I don't care about religion.  The reality is the Israelis control the area.  It is managed very successfully.  There is a strong economy that works with the wider world community in a secular fashion.

The Palestinians have lost.  Their allies, or what they believed to be their allies, played (and continue playing) them for fools and using them as pawns.  Their only winning move is to reject Hamas and negotiate without conditions.  Their only other options are continuing suffering for another 100 years or wait for an all out war in which the final result will likely be the full destruction of their people.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Given your past comments, I don't take what you just said seriously.

Look, I don't care about religion.  The reality is the Israelis control the area.  It is managed very successfully.  There is a strong economy that works with the wider world community in a secular fashion.

The Palestinians have lost.  Their allies, or what they believed to be their allies, played (and continue playing) them for fools and using them as pawns.  Their only winning move is to reject Hamas and negotiate without conditions.  Their only other options are continuing suffering for another 100 years or wait for an all out war in which the final result will likely be the fully destruction of their people.
View Quote
the arabs lost.

which is why from 1948-1967 there wasn't a palistinian state.

PLO was formed in 1964 (in Moscow no less).

the concept of a palistinian identity is a fiction.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:57:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few settled after the initial conquest in 640. The seedstock of most modern palis were bedouins from what is now saudi arabia/yemen that were moved into the levant by the ottomans to further "islamise" it in the 15-1600s.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top