Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 108
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

For the Ukrainians it has been an opportunity to wreck the Russian military by being the defenders in an urban environment when they are willing to cede land if the situation is untenable at the time.

For the Russians, it was useful for a while to kill a bunch of their prisoners.  Since then you got me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So did Bakhmut fall or not? Did the Russian meat grander gain anything with all those dead bodies?

"So did Bakhmut fall or not?" - Mostly (see Tile and OP)

"Did the Russian meat grander gain anything with all those dead bodies?" - Its looking that way (objective: Bakhmut)

How much does this objective further their strategic goal?

Well I know this will get me the TROLL label again but I honestly don't know. I have no clue as to what Russia's plans are and what they hope to accomplish.

It must be important to invest over nine months and tens of thousands of casualties for.

Yup, I'm guessing both sides have their reasons for Bakhmut

For the Ukrainians it has been an opportunity to wreck the Russian military by being the defenders in an urban environment when they are willing to cede land if the situation is untenable at the time.

For the Russians, it was useful for a while to kill a bunch of their prisoners.  Since then you got me.

Sure, I suppose your emotional perspective could be true. Me, I think there may be more to it than that, but who knows.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Sure, I suppose your emotional perspective could be true. Me, I think there may be more to it than that, but who knows.
View Quote

And you wonder why even the mods call you a troll?
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 3:26:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So did Bakhmut fall or not? Did the Russian meat grander gain anything with all those dead bodies?

"Did the Russian meat grander gain anything with all those dead bodies?" - Its looking that way (objective: Bakhmut)

Well I know this will get me the TROLL label again but I honestly don't know. I have no clue as to what Russia's plans are and what they hope to accomplish.

It must be important to invest over nine months and tens of thousands of casualties for.

You don't know what could possibly be a strategic driver for the capture of the 56th largest city in the country at such expense, but just feel there may be.  

That sounds like an emotionally based position to me.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 3:44:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're really not helping your case.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I disagree with you contention.  It was exactly the point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"That's not an apology to you"

"That's feeling bad for your upcoming sadness because Russia is going to lose a lot more stolen lands." - Why would you feel bad for me and why would I feel sad if Russian forces start losing?

Because Uke bros can't handle anyone looking at this war objectively.

Anyone saying "Uke bros" probably can't handle an objective take on the war themselves.  I have yet to see anything remotely resembling an intelligent, thoughtful, informed post from someone like that.

Why not?
Uke Bros & Putin Knobbers........and the sane ones in the middle.

Domestic example:   Antifa and Proud Boys......and the sane ones in the middle.

But if you(not you personally) self describe as a Uke Bro, it would be very hard to see anything remotely resembling an intelligent, thoughtful, informed post, from the other side.

Antifa and a Proud Boys are actual groups of people with membership and silly costumes.

Uke Bros & Putin Knobbers are simply terms used by the intellectually lazy as a substitute for substantive debate.

It was an analogy and useful as such.   You just want to be argumentative in a thread you call trolling.   Pot meet kettle.

I’m not making an argument, I’m stating a fact.

>>Snort<<
Factual, but disconnected from the point under discussion.   It added nothing but a tangent.
Pot meet the troll kettle.

I disagree with you contention.  It was exactly the point.

You have taken the this so far off on a tangent, I doubt you even tried to understand the point made.

Let me help you.

There are more than two positions.
It is not just Uke Bro or Putin Knobber.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It was a city of relative unimportance that after losing SO MUCH territory to Ukraine during August-September, Russia decided to hype its importance and make it a symbolic quick “win.”

They hyped it all over Russia State Media and on the Internet.

But then it turned into a quagmire, and became a symbol for Russian incompetence and willingness to waste lives.
View Quote

So, once again, Russian Media is an acceptable source if it agrees with your position.

I am sure I have seen that said to unacceptable.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You don't know what could possibly be a strategic driver for the capture of the 56th largest city in the country at such expense, but just feel there may be.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/7/2023 5:15:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's my "case"?
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sick rebuttal.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 5:23:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 5:28:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sick rebuttal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sick rebuttal.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 8:19:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It’s never an acceptable source for the truth.  

It’s always an outstanding source for insight into their propaganda efforts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a city of relative unimportance that after losing SO MUCH territory to Ukraine during August-September, Russia decided to hype its importance and make it a symbolic quick “win.”

But then it turned into a quagmire, and became a symbol for Russian incompetence and willingness to waste lives.

So, once again, Russian Media is an acceptable source if it agrees with your position.

Same as NPR and similar to CNN....
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#18]

I know you're not to be trusted but could you please give me some basic info as to what I'm looking for in this pic? Was there a change in who controls what area? Is this map vastly different from the ones I've been posting with respect to who controls what?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 8:32:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So you're saying Russia isn't an actual threat and it's laughable that anyone would even think they would be able to take on a force like NATO. So you agree that the claims Russia is a serious threat has been greatly exaggerated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly, the biggest takeaway from this isn't that Russia is weaker than we thought. It's that there is now damning and indisputable proof that Russia is still run by incompetent thugs, retards, and fuckups just as it has been since the Whites lost in 1920.

Literally zero reason they shouldn't have all or most of Ukraine by now given the equipment and manpower disparities and massive disparity in ability to strike and cut supply lines. Grab a random StarCraft grandmaster kid from Korea and he could probably have performed far better than Shoigu, et al. This reminds me of the PLA's performance invading Vietnam or Austria-Hungary invading Serbia. Fart-sniffing nepotism and doctrinal stupidity collided with reality in a very ugly way.

So you're saying Russia isn't an actual threat and it's laughable that anyone would even think they would be able to take on a force like NATO. So you agree that the claims Russia is a serious threat has been greatly exaggerated.

No, I think Russia is an actual threat. But they'd apparently need a change in leadership at multiple levels to become so.

Strong leadership with trash forces isn't a problem for years until and unless they build up something more credible. Trash leadership with strong forces could become a threat tomorrow if you replaced nepotistic appointments based on loyalty with ones based on skill and merit.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No, I think Russia is an actual threat. But they'd apparently need a change in leadership at multiple levels to become so.

Strong leadership with trash forces isn't a problem for years until and unless they build up something more credible. Trash leadership with strong forces could become a threat tomorrow if you replaced nepotistic appointments based on loyalty with ones based on skill and merit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly, the biggest takeaway from this isn't that Russia is weaker than we thought. It's that there is now damning and indisputable proof that Russia is still run by incompetent thugs, retards, and fuckups just as it has been since the Whites lost in 1920.

Literally zero reason they shouldn't have all or most of Ukraine by now given the equipment and manpower disparities and massive disparity in ability to strike and cut supply lines. Grab a random StarCraft grandmaster kid from Korea and he could probably have performed far better than Shoigu, et al. This reminds me of the PLA's performance invading Vietnam or Austria-Hungary invading Serbia. Fart-sniffing nepotism and doctrinal stupidity collided with reality in a very ugly way.

"No, I think Russia is an actual threat" - Help me understand, how are they a threat to NATO if they can't even take a poobutt city in the Ukraine? From what people here are claiming, Russian forces are getting decimated just trying to take this insignificant city.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

"No, I think Russia is an actual threat" - Help me understand, how are they a threat to NATO if they can't even take a poobutt city in the Ukraine? From what people here are claiming, Russian forces are getting decimated just trying to take this insignificant city.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just explained it in the post you quoted.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

maybe even more importantly the more satellite states they have, the more cannon fodder they can throw at a problem. Ukr has significant defense industry, the expertise to go with it, and 40 million people.  

So if they win in Ukr, next time they'll throw a few hundred thousand ukrainian conscripts along with all the buryats and other undesirables to throw at their problem. Bad news for whoever is next.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 9:26:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 9:44:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Not quite.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same as NPR and similar to CNN....

Not quite.  

Close enough.
Neither is much more trustworthy than Russian media, but you did come around to saying Russian media is an outstanding source.....when it is used / understood correctly.

That is a better and more nuanced position than most Uke  Bros will take.

BTW - It is humorous that my autocorrect tries to turn "Uke" into "Joe" each time I type it.   It's like it knows.....
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 10:11:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I hope you're right!
View Quote

You're hoping he gets assassinated? To what end?
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 10:15:51 PM EDT
[#26]
So with fresh Chechen troops inflowing and priority ordnance allocation, OP is going to need to revert his thread title.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
It has been known for the last 6 months that Ukraine saw no strategic value in holding Bakhmut, it was where the Russians were mass attacking, therefore the only purpose for Ukraine in Bakhmut was kill as many Russians as possible. It's not like Russia capturing Bakhmut gives them a path to the Dnipro or a big strategic advantage. The Ukrainian view was we don't need to hold this, we just need to kill as many of those bastards as possible.

Ukraine will get pushed out of Bakhmut one day, and Russia will say it's a glorious victory, and Ukraine will say it served it purpose stopping the Russian Winter Offensive and buying time for their counterattack.

I have a guess that one day, maybe this fall, the Russians will run from Bakhmut like they ran from Kherson and Kharkiv.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:50:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So with fresh Chechen troops inflowing and priority ordnance allocation, OP is going to need to revert his thread title.
View Quote

The Chechens will take contact and run back to Belarus (like in Kyiv in 2022) or to Russia like post Severodonetsk and Lyschansk.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:51:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It has been known for the last 6 months that Ukraine saw no strategic value in holding Bakhmut, it was where the Russians were mass attacking, therefore the only purpose for Ukraine in Bakhmut was kill as many Russians as possible. It's not like Russia capturing Bakhmut gives them a path to the Dnipro or a big strategic advantage. The Ukrainian view was we don't need to hold this, we just need to kill as many of those bastards as possible.

Ukraine will get pushed out of Bakhmut one day, and Russia will say it's a glorious victory, and Ukraine will say it served it purpose stopping the Russian Winter Offensive and buying time for their counterattack.

I have a guess that one day, maybe this fall, the Russians will run from Bakhmut like they ran from Kherson and Kharkiv.
View Quote

"Kherson is Russian forever"

Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:51:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What's my "case"?
View Quote

Supporting Russia
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:56:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Supporting Russia
View Quote

Your bullshit gets old, green tip grifter.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 1:30:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you're right!

"You're hoping he gets assassinated?" - He who? To which corrupt thug are you referring to?

"To what end?" - The war and our involvement in it
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 1:36:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

"You're hoping he gets assassinated?" - He who? To which corrupt thug are you referring to?

"To what end?" - The war and our involvement in it
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I remember when trolling meant something.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 1:41:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think this is pretty much it in a nutshell.

It's symbolic for the Russians and an opportunity for the Ukrainians.

Link Posted: 5/8/2023 2:07:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I know you're not to be trusted but could you please give me some basic info as to what I'm looking for in this pic? Was there a change in who controls what area? Is this map vastly different from the ones I've been posting with respect to who controls what?

Thanks
View Quote

The northern portion changed noticeably as well as the dates of the captions show updates from previous recent maps
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 2:09:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry but I'm not seeing anywhere in your post as to why Russia is currently a threat to NATO. Basically you went on about future Russian leadership possibilities and appointments and the fairness of them, which in no way explains your claim that Russia is currently a threat to NATO.

Link Posted: 5/8/2023 2:11:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Supporting Russia
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's my "case"?

Supporting Russia

Link Posted: 5/8/2023 2:16:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The northern portion changed noticeably as well as the dates of the captions show updates from previous recent maps
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Looks like more real estate captured by the out-of-ammo retreating Wagner group, am I reading that right?

Edit: Just checked the war mapper site and they're reporting:

"Russian forces have continued to advance in the north towards the remaining Ukrainian stronghold in the high-density residential area in the west."

Attachment Attached File

I just looked at this map and I'm getting a better understanding as to why the Russians wanted Bakhmut

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/8/2023 3:54:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Looks like more real estate captured by the out-of-ammo retreating Wagner group, am I reading that right?

"Russian forces have continued to advance in the north towards the remaining Ukrainian stronghold in the high-density residential area in the west."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/288245/FvkPl7_WwAMU7W4_jpg-2809678.JPG

I just looked at this map and I'm getting a better understanding as to why the Russians wanted Bakhmut

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/288245/FvkPnScWwAAI3iD_jpg-2809679.JPG
View Quote

439 days into the 3 day war and not a single Russian goal has been accomplished.

Russia claims all of Ukraine, not just Bakmut.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:10:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Still think this is all part of Putin's master plan? 5d Chess?

Suiciding waves of Russian soldiers for little gain while the entire line is stagnate for one town doesn't seem like a winning strategy
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:23:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

439 days into the 3 day war and not a single Russian goal has been accomplished.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Umm, ok, good to know!

Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:34:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Suiciding waves of Russian soldiers for little gain while the entire line is stagnate for one town doesn't seem like a winning strategy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Still think this is all part of Putin's master plan? 5d Chess?" - Yeah, I've said no such thing but ok!

"Suiciding waves of Russian soldiers for little gain while the entire line is stagnate for one town doesn't seem like a winning strategy" - And yet Zelensky keeps whining for more monies and resources to fight a "serious Russian threat"!
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:56:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yea, it's over. May as well change the thread title back at this point.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 5:27:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Russia media puts out some interesting things.

"We will beat Ukraine in 2 days"

"We will beat Ukraine in 2 weeks"

"We have beaten Ukraine"

"We will nuke and invade the west"

Link Posted: 5/8/2023 5:27:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

The same "poobutt" city you're rooting for them to take?
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 5:39:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

"Still think this is all part of Putin's master plan? 5d Chess?" - Yeah, I've said no such thing but ok!

"Suiciding waves of Russian soldiers for little gain while the entire line is stagnate for one town doesn't seem like a winning strategy" - And yet Zelensky keeps whining for more monies and resources to fight a "serious Russian threat"!
View Quote

Russia whines about western aid and how the victims are fighting back against genocide.

Zelenskyy pleads for aid so his people can survive.

There is a difference.

How did the Russian winter offensive turn out?
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm "rooting"  for the Russians now!
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Russia whines about western aid and how the victims are fighting back against genocide.

There is a difference.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a difference.

Hate to break it to you but Zelensky is a thief and a thug just like Putin!

Edit: removed incorrect statement

Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Hate to break it to you but Nazi loving Zelensky is a thief and a thug just like Putin!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a difference.

Hate to break it to you but Nazi loving Zelensky is a thief and a thug just like Putin!

Those damned Nazi loving jews.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:44:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'm "rooting"  for the Russians now!
View Quote

Essentially you are but under the guise of perpetually trolling.  The vast majority of your posts are just that..  you getting off acting like a teenager excited about the perception of getting a rise out of people instead of actually productively participating in a conversation.  Since you are not capable of the self awareness to be ashamed, many of us are ashamed on your behalf so the world can remain in balance.
Page / 108
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top