BCM
User Panel

Page / 27
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 8:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They sure are.  

Your neighbor calls you right now, there are BATFE at his door and forming a perimeter around his house because they say he has explosives and machineguns.  He needs you and everyone else in the neighborhood to kit up right now and show up in force to make them leave.  

I got $100 that says 95% of this board would find some excuse to not go.  That's why it doesn't matter how "hopelessly outnumbered" they are.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ATF agents are hopelessly outnumbered

They sure are.  

Your neighbor calls you right now, there are BATFE at his door and forming a perimeter around his house because they say he has explosives and machineguns.  He needs you and everyone else in the neighborhood to kit up right now and show up in force to make them leave.  

I got $100 that says 95% of this board would find some excuse to not go.  That's why it doesn't matter how "hopelessly outnumbered" they are.

I think the Bundy ranch incident is the only instance I can think of where people actually came out in force, stood up, and stopped the gov't in its tracks, and largely without much personal consequence.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

BINGO!  It sucks but our lack of an ability to communicate and unify is why we'll lose as things stand now.  Never heard of a place where millions are well armed and lose to thousands.  Only exception might be Thermopylae.

Now if we drop the opsec/gray man/pension/comfort bullshit.... I'd be absolutely terrified to be a tyrant!

EDIT:  Despite the fact that I've said the same thing dozens of times, I've yet to have ANYONE ever argue/prove me wrong to the extent that the masses will rise up and defy tyranny.  Someone...anyone???
View Quote

IMO this is part of why it was crucial when the militia system was wiped away in lieu of something Federal.  The militia system is what gave the colonists the ability to quickly organize as a force that is uniformly armed, has trained together, has some discipline, officers, etc. in response to threats to their arms and liberties, and they also had a culture which accepted the appropriateness of force or the threat thereof to deal with forceful oversteps by the central government and in which the common man had the will to actually take action in concert with his fellow citizens.  Without that, we are just a bunch of disparate, disorganized, and largely atomized rabble who happen to have guns and lack the will and capability to use them except in isolated cases, which are easily overwhelmed.  The militia system also provided a basis for raising an actual army to resist tyranny from the central government, both during the War of Independence and the secession crisis.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:12:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I like what Rare Breed is doing.  I hear they have a good product and good customer support.  People should buy as many of their products as possible to help them out.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:33:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't paid too much attention to the bump stock case, but are bump stocks now legal again, or is that at the 6th circuit only?

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#5]
While I know it can still be bought through dealers, if someone is selling one, email me directly. It's order too but from one of us.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:49:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I haven't paid too much attention to the bump stock case, but are bump stocks now legal again, or is that at the 6th circuit only?

View Quote
It was at the 6th circuit only, but it's been put on hold for an en banc hearing.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:08:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OR they pull the magic rabbit from their collective anus and create some newfound rule that they get to make all the rules, the courts go with it (paid off/threatened) and we just officially ditch the rule of law for bureaucratic whimsical dictatorship, which should hopefully stir The People's collective pot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The AFT can't afford to let this one drop. It is too close a simulation of full-auto.

Unfortunately they also can't make their position work. Sucks to be them.
OR they pull the magic rabbit from their collective anus and create some newfound rule that they get to make all the rules, the courts go with it (paid off/threatened) and we just officially ditch the rule of law for bureaucratic whimsical dictatorship, which should hopefully stir The People's collective pot.

This is exactly what is going to happen.

Once FRT goes mainstream (see pistol braces) outside the "gun community" you're gonna see them used in homicides in the hood, against cops, bank robberies, mass shootings.  It's only a matter of time but mark my words, it's going to happen if FRT remains in production.  The precedent this product could cause is enormous.  This technology could be a standard option on most sporting firearms sold in the US. I think the AFT knows this and wont allow it.   If the C&D letter doesn't stick and these go mainstream expect the FRT to become the president's pretty new pet exactly like bumpstocks with Trump.  Laws will get rewritten to fit feelings and public opinion.  There's no question about it.

Sadly, like bumpstocks, the FRT is probably not here to stay and, give it time, neither is the current legal definition of "Machine gun".
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:12:38 PM EDT
[#8]
ATF NOW CLAIMS A TRIGGER IS A MACHINE GUN!!! Rare Breed Triggers v. Garland
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:26:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
/

But the courts get to use circular logic:
As a result of the passage of unconstitutional law in 1968, machine guns are not 'common'.
Since the Constitution does not apply to uncommon and dangerous firearms, it doesn't protect the arms covered by the NFA of 1934, so therefore the NFA is Constitutional now, but it wasn't Constitutional when it was enacted.
View Quote
Weird.  I don't see the words "common use" or "not dangerous or unusual" anywhere in the 2A.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:52:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You are missing a detail: that would force everything into the hands of a court.
View Quote

I don’t think you know how courts work.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:55:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don’t think you know how courts work.
View Quote

And I don't think you have been paying attention to what consistently happens when the ATF's lunacy meets a Court.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 11:27:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The way where the dominant attitude is "fuck you, repeal the NFA"

The way where the AR-15 is America's Rifle, not something icky we should give up to protect muh hunting.

The way where CCW is at record levels and constantly increasing.

The way where the country has figured out that we are by far the majority.

The way where even the '94 AWB was a gigantic footgun for the opposing side.

The way where we should have been seeing unstoppable attacks on braces by the end of February, not half-assed attempts trickling in months later.

The way where the majority of the country is 2A sanctuaries.

The way the enemy has taken the mask off and made it clear that "live and let live" compromise is not on the table.

The way where 40% of the states are Constitutional Carry instead of 2%.

The way where the NRA is no longer able to bodycheck pro-gun legislation or help the enemy adjust their bills so they can pass.

The way the population has enough weapons and ammunition to fight WW2 a few times over.

The way the enemy has demonstrated over the last few years, but especially the last few months that they are too incompetent to successfully execute any of their fiendish plans.

The way this map can be used to beat dumkopfs like you over the head until either the sense goes in or the red stuff comes out:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5a/Right_to_Carry%2C_timeline.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh really? Which way would that be?

We are literally a few democrats short of the 2022 AWB.

The way where the AR-15 is America's Rifle, not something icky we should give up to protect muh hunting.

The way where we should have been seeing unstoppable attacks on braces by the end of February, not half-assed attempts trickling in months later.

The way the enemy has taken the mask off and made it clear that "live and let live" compromise is not on the table.

The way where the NRA is no longer able to bodycheck pro-gun legislation or help the enemy adjust their bills so they can pass.

The way the population has enough weapons and ammunition to fight WW2 a few times over.

The way the enemy has demonstrated over the last few years, but especially the last few months that they are too incompetent to successfully execute any of their fiendish plans.

The way this map can be used to beat dumkopfs like you over the head until either the sense goes in or the red stuff comes out:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5a/Right_to_Carry%2C_timeline.gif

A lot of people including a lot of democrats agree with the right to carry in one form or another

Very few agree with anything even remotely resembling a machine gun.

Facts.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 11:41:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

A lot of people including a lot of democrats agree with the right to carry in one form or another

Facts.
View Quote

Huh. Everyone that has shot my MG has always loved it and wanted one. Everyone from the most gun nut down to the most meek ladies.

Facts.

All have been severely disappointed in the pricing and the gov due to it.

I hope folks are doing for rarebreed what I do with pistol braces. Every time someone mentions banning them I buy another. It's like a really expensive drinking game where I end up with a buttload of braces pistols.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 11:50:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This is exactly what is going to happen.

Once FRT goes mainstream (see pistol braces) outside the "gun community" you're gonna see them used in homicides in the hood, against cops, bank robberies, mass shootings.  It's only a matter of time but mark my words, it's going to happen if FRT remains in production.  The precedent this product could cause is enormous.  This technology could be a standard option on most sporting firearms sold in the US. I think the AFT knows this and wont allow it.   If the C&D letter doesn't stick and these go mainstream expect the FRT to become the president's pretty new pet exactly like bumpstocks with Trump.  Laws will get rewritten to fit feelings and public opinion.  There's no question about it.

Sadly, like bumpstocks, the FRT is probably not here to stay and, give it time, neither is the current legal definition of "Machine gun".
View Quote

Your telling this to maybe two guys that posted in this thread and a hundred or so in this forum that "follow" the law no matter how egregious and unconstitutional it is they jump when told like a Simon says game.
All the rest of us are out of fucks to give anymore even if the AFT or whatever agency threatens us directly.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 12:10:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Tell that to the folks who immediately I was some kind of coward for not breaking the law.  You want to talk about being divisive?  Then don't ignore them.

I'm here to say this letter from the ATF sucks, but also that it was very, very predictable.  

If Rare Breed prevails in court, I'll buy one for every lower I have.  But prior to such a ruling, I wouldn't risk it.  I'm not "government job" rich so eight or twelve hundred dollars is a lot of money to me.

But don't go accusing ME of being divisive when I get dog piled for pointing out the hypocrisy of other members accusing me of somehow being a coward for not being a felon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is not a time to be divisive, nor to discourage people taking whichever action they find conscionable.

This is however a good time for you to depart this thread if you intend to be divisive. Lest you be departed from it.

Tell that to the folks who immediately I was some kind of coward for not breaking the law.  You want to talk about being divisive?  Then don't ignore them.

I'm here to say this letter from the ATF sucks, but also that it was very, very predictable.  

If Rare Breed prevails in court, I'll buy one for every lower I have.  But prior to such a ruling, I wouldn't risk it.  I'm not "government job" rich so eight or twelve hundred dollars is a lot of money to me.

But don't go accusing ME of being divisive when I get dog piled for pointing out the hypocrisy of other members accusing me of somehow being a coward for not being a felon.

I recently received much abuse and an account warning for replying to said abuse, because I postulated that cash and carry suppressors would have negative long term effects for gun owners. Not that I opposed them, just that I thought the potential for it to bite us all on the dick was there.

Arfcom GD is rarely any more coherent than AOC after closing the bar and slurring about carbon emissions.

For the record, fuck the ATF, GCA, NFA, all the Bidens, all the Clintons, Bush Sr, et al.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 12:21:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I recently received much abuse and an account warning for replying to said abuse, because I postulated that cash and carry suppressors would have negative long term effects for gun owners. Not that I opposed them, just that I thought the potential for it to bite us all on the dick was there.

Arfcom GD is rarely any more coherent than AOC after closing the bar and slurring about carbon emissions.

For the record, fuck the ATF, GCA, NFA, all the Bidens, all the Clintons, Bush Sr, et al.
View Quote

You do realize the Left/Marxists don't give a shit about our Constitution and playing fair just because the majority of you follow the laws no matter how asinine and unconstitutional it is.
They will find any excuse including fabricating an event or tragedy to use that against you to eventually completely disarm you and do what past radical Marxist regimes do which is genocide.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 12:23:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

For the record, you're still wrong about suppressors.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 12:23:40 AM EDT
[#18]
This will just be bump stocks 2.0
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 12:27:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have you seen how prepared Rare Breed Triggers was in their response?

Link Posted: 8/14/2021 12:46:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I too can waltz into a random thread and drop a suspiciously smelly sack of "wisdom" which ignores all of the facts on the ground.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 12:47:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Crypto only? Hmmm
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 12:49:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Have you seen how prepared Rare Breed Triggers was in their response?

View Quote

Psshhh. Reading is for suckas.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 1:03:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You live in a fucking state that mandates you have a "license" to own firearms and ammunition.

STFU lol
View Quote

Since you're too afraid to post your state, maybe it's you that needs to STFU.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 1:24:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Facts.
View Quote

This is truth.  There are lots of folks out there that own guns for hunting and home defense, but have backward opinions about machine guns and suppressors.   I personally know a hard core Trump voter who thinks silencers and AR15s should be illegal because you can kill too many people with them.  

I also know this person was a democrat for most of their life and voted for obama's first term, though they won't admit it.

They are a pretty good example of typical blue collar union Fudds who don't like anyone having any power over them unless it's their guy, then restrictions are great.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 2:20:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

The same people that load 32acp into a 38spl revolver are gonna be buying and/or stealing suppressors and know how to use them?

Link Posted: 8/14/2021 3:13:56 AM EDT
[#26]
From the hearing Friday morning:

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/41240969/Rare_Breed_Triggers,_LLC,_a_Florida_Limited_Liability_Company_et_al_v_Garland_et_al?fbclid=IwAR0f1ztzAf398xwnkMHA288VZ3IZ_LKZf3MgaGGNoauRM_j3XSei9DJnRKs

Friday, August 13, 2021

25order *Order no pdf Fri 08/13 5:43 PM
ENDORSED ORDER granting Plaintiffs' ore tenus Motion to Amend Complaint. On or before August 27, 2021, at 2:00 PM, Plaintiffs may file an Amended Complaint. The Preliminary Injunction Hearing scheduled for August 18, 2021, and all associated deadlines, are cancelled. On or before September 10, 2021, Defendants may file a Response to Plaintiffs' Motion for Preliminary Injunction (Doc. 2). Signed by Judge Carlos E. Mendoza on 8/13/2021. (KMS)

24order Order on Motion in Limine Order on Motion to Appear Telephonically Fri 08/13 2:22 PM
ENDORSED ORDER denying as moot 18 Defendants' Opposed Time-Sensitive Motion in Limine, 19 Defendants' Unopposed Time-Sensitive Motion to Appear Virtually. Signed by Judge Carlos E. Mendoza on 8/13/2021. (KMS)

23notice Notice canceling hearing Fri 08/13 10:26 AM
NOTICE canceling Evidentiary Hearing hearing scheduled for 08/18/2021. (MEH)

22 1 pgs minutes Telephone Conference Fri 08/13 10:24 AM
Minute Entry. Telephonic Proceedings held before Judge Carlos E. Mendoza: TELEPHONE CONFERENCE held on 8/13/2021. Court Reporter: Suzanne L. Trimble (MEH)

21 respm Response in Opposition to Motion Fri 08/13 9:44 AM
RESPONSE in Opposition re18 MOTION In Limine (TIME SENSITIVE) to Limit Evidence at Hearing on Plaintiffs' Emergency Motion for Preliminary Injunction filed by Kevin C. Maxwell, Rare Breed Triggers, LLC.(Maxwell, Kevin)
Att: 1  2 pgs Exhibit,
Att: 2  Exhibit

Link Posted: 8/14/2021 3:59:02 AM EDT
[#27]
I must be living under a rock in terms of triggers, bump stocks, et.al
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 5:13:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Yeah I was going to put one on my credit card while it was in stock and then got hit with crypto only check out. What the fuck is that about. I guess I will try to buy it a few weeks from now when I have a little more cash
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 5:14:55 AM EDT
[#29]
I keep seeing references to Orwell's 1984, but another good book you should all read if you haven't already is Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.  Speaking of the mass arrests that totalitarians are so fond of:

"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? After all, you knew ahead of time that those bluecaps were out at night for no good purpose. And you could be sure ahead of time that you'd be cracking the skull of a cutthroat."
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago 19181956

Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:09:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I hope folks are doing for rarebreed what I do with pistol braces. Every time someone mentions banning them I buy another. It's like a really expensive drinking game where I end up with a buttload of braces pistols.
View Quote

Word!
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:45:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yeah I was going to put one on my credit card while it was in stock and then got hit with crypto only check out. What the fuck is that about. I guess I will try to buy it a few weeks from now when I have a little more cash
View Quote

Wait....RBT is only taking crypto right now??  Maybe that's a tactic to protect those buying them now payment-wise??

Otherwise I got nothing as to the point of it.  So now I have to go mine Bitcoin if I want a fun trigger?  Ok then, off to find my headlamp.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:47:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I did the same with P80's every time the fucking libs/tyrants ran their mouth.  

Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:52:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
From the hearing Friday morning:

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/41240969/Rare_Breed_Triggers,_LLC,_a_Florida_Limited_Liability_Company_et_al_v_Garland_et_al?fbclid=IwAR0f1ztzAf398xwnkMHA288VZ3IZ_LKZf3MgaGGNoauRM_j3XSei9DJnRKs

Friday, August 13, 2021

25order *Order no pdf Fri 08/13 5:43 PM
ENDORSED ORDER granting Plaintiffs' ore tenus Motion to Amend Complaint. On or before August 27, 2021, at 2:00 PM, Plaintiffs may file an Amended Complaint. The Preliminary Injunction Hearing scheduled for August 18, 2021, and all associated deadlines, are cancelled. On or before September 10, 2021, Defendants may file a Response to Plaintiffs' Motion for Preliminary Injunction (Doc. 2). Signed by Judge Carlos E. Mendoza on 8/13/2021. (KMS)

24order Order on Motion in Limine Order on Motion to Appear Telephonically Fri 08/13 2:22 PM
ENDORSED ORDER denying as moot 18 Defendants' Opposed Time-Sensitive Motion in Limine, 19 Defendants' Unopposed Time-Sensitive Motion to Appear Virtually. Signed by Judge Carlos E. Mendoza on 8/13/2021. (KMS)

23notice Notice canceling hearing Fri 08/13 10:26 AM
NOTICE canceling Evidentiary Hearing hearing scheduled for 08/18/2021. (MEH)

22 1 pgs minutes Telephone Conference Fri 08/13 10:24 AM
Minute Entry. Telephonic Proceedings held before Judge Carlos E. Mendoza: TELEPHONE CONFERENCE held on 8/13/2021. Court Reporter: Suzanne L. Trimble (MEH)

21 respm Response in Opposition to Motion Fri 08/13 9:44 AM
RESPONSE in Opposition re18 MOTION In Limine (TIME SENSITIVE) to Limit Evidence at Hearing on Plaintiffs' Emergency Motion for Preliminary Injunction filed by Kevin C. Maxwell, Rare Breed Triggers, LLC.(Maxwell, Kevin)
Att: 1  2 pgs Exhibit,
Att: 2  Exhibit

View Quote

Um, I don't want to sound like an idiot, but can somebody translate this?  Who's winning here?
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:53:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Are there any requirements for a company like Rare Breed to maintain customer records or anything like that.

Asking for a friend.

It would be smart of them to periodically (daily) purge these records to increase the freedom.

Link Posted: 8/14/2021 8:11:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Are there any requirements for a company like Rare Breed to maintain customer records or anything like that.

Asking for a friend.

It would be smart of them to periodically (daily) purge these records to increase the freedom.

View Quote

Yea, I know I won't be heading down to a few stores later today with like $400 cash to see if they have any in stock.  Nope.  No way.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 8:17:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Crypto only? Well, I'm out. I know nothing about that.

I don't have $400 to blow on a trigger so crypto keeps me from blowing $400 on a trigger that I most definetly would have blown $400 on.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 8:24:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Today the flavor of the month is a trigger….tomorrow will be a magazine, or BCG, or night vision, body armor, etc…

Fuck them
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#38]
They are bidding up near $600 now on gunbroker
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 8:31:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
One may not have a machine gun on the first day of the revolution but should have one on the second.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/14/2021 8:37:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Asking for a friend.

View Quote

Tax reasons you have to maintain sales records.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Wait....RBT is only taking crypto right now??  Maybe that's a tactic to protect those buying them now payment-wise??

Otherwise I got nothing as to the point of it.  So now I have to go mine Bitcoin if I want a fun trigger?  Ok then, off to find my headlamp.
View Quote
It's a lot easier to buy crypto than mine it.  Pretty easy to purchase it through coinbase or even hit someone like me up who holds it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 9:02:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Hiperfire reflex triggers sitting in the corner like "don't mind us"

Link Posted: 8/14/2021 9:44:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It's a lot easier to buy crypto than mine it.  Pretty easy to purchase it through coinbase or even hit someone like me up who holds it.
View Quote

Coinbase decided they didn't want my money a year or two ago. Seems like I dodged a bullet.

Link Posted: 8/14/2021 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Well my order went through.

Creat a coinbase account/take pictures of your license front and back. Takes about 5 minutes to verify. Then link your debt card or banking account.  Then you can buy bit coin. You do not have to wait 10 days you can use it in just a few minutes.

Now I don't have to worry about it selling out or people buying 20x at a time.

AFT blow me.

I am surprised they are still in stock.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Well my order went through.

Creat a coinbase account/take pictures of your license front and back. Takes about 5 minutes to verify. Then link your debt card or banking account.  Then you can buy bit coin. You do not have to wait 10 days you can use it in just a few minutes.

Now I don't have to worry about it selling out or people buying 20x at a time.

AFT blow me.

I am surprised they are still in stock.
View Quote

So use an anonymous/independent currency....that you need to scan your DL AND link a bank account to.  Ok, I'm going to need more details on why this is even a thing RBT-wise, possibly given the current situation....

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Totally different.

Since this is a democrat administration, no one here will be making excuses or dogpiling anyone bitching about it.

"We're all in this together"*

*Unless it's Republicans doing the infringing.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 9:59:20 AM EDT
[#47]
It's just needed to verify your account I guess. I have never bought crypto before I have no idea if they turn over data to the government or if transactions can be tracked. I am just letting others know what I had to do to  set up an account
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 10:09:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So use an anonymous/independent currency....that you need to scan your DL AND link a bank account to.  Ok, I'm going to need more details on why this is even a thing RBT-wise, possibly given the current situation....

Thanks
View Quote

My guess is to prevent charge backs if something more substantial comes along and people feel scammed.. Not to mention the Banks CC processors will bend over backwards for the Feds when asked.

They switche to crypto to protect themselves, not people buying them. Crypto is very easy to track due to block chain transactions being public.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 10:20:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

State and federal are two different things.

"Repeal the NFA"? Lol. Maybe, maybe if we get a pro gun Republican President, 95+ Republican Senators, and 430+ Republican Congressman, maybe that could maybe possibly happen.

One thing gun owners have shown since 1994, is that we are nothing but a paper tiger. Nothing but a guaranteed voting block, like the blacks to the democrats, no matter what. Hell, the world saw Trump, a President that pandered the shit out of gun owners, get on national tv and tell everyone not to be afraid of the NRA, congratulated Florida on passing gun control, and went around congress to get Bumpstocks banned all on his own (and it's not the Bumpstocks, but like Braces or these triggers, the way it's being done), and after all that , anyone bitching got dogpiled by the Battered Wife Republican gun owners.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 10:21:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

My guess is to prevent charge backs if something more substantial comes along and people feel scammed.. Not to mention the Banks CC processors will bend over backwards for the Feds when asked.

They switche to crypto to protect themselves, not people buying them. Crypto is very easy to track due to block chain transactions being public.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Or the AFT went to their credit card processor and asked them if they wanted to be charged with facilitating illegal MG transfers. It's bullshit, but card processors want no part of this.
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top