Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Good.  Traitor.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As I recall, Garwood was about forgotten about until 1978 some 5 years after the US pulled out of Vietnam in January 1973.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I was stationed on Camp Lejeune in the late 70's/early 80's we had a deserter/collaborator living on base. Robert Garwood, who supposedly fought with the VC against American troops.  

"The court-martial sentenced Garwood to reduction to private, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and a dishonorable discharge. He was not sentenced to confinement." here

As I recall, Garwood was about forgotten about until 1978 some 5 years after the US pulled out of Vietnam in January 1973.

He was released with the other POW's but supposedly chose to stay.  He was roaming free on the base in uniform, I was stationed there from 1977 to 1981 during times I wasn't on Navy ships in 1978, 1978, 1980 and 1981. I'd be gone for 3 months to 6 months, but he was there that entire time as far as I remember.

I'd bet Bergdahl doesn't do any time if Garwood didn't.  I know of many military personnel that are doing years in prison for being caught with drugs though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Susan Rice said he served with honor and distinction. How could the president's own security adviser be wrong??
View Quote

Well, to be fair, she didn't say who he "served with honor and distinction." Maybe they have a pic of him in a Taliban bunker somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:20:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Its "Chelsea Bergdahl" now that he has gender identified as female.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:24:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Good.  Hanging or firing squad?
View Quote

Neither.  Bitch slapped to death by the families of the troops that died looking for his worthless ass.  If they get too tired to finish the job, then let his former platoon members take turns too.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good, now he can pay for the lives we lost while trying to find his sorry ass.   FUCK HIM.

http://newsnyork.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/IrE4yFdyv8.jpg

RIP, BROTHERS.

Dont forget MSG Allen

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/06/07/article-2651223-1E8ADCE600000578-948_634x1194.jpg

Six good mean gave their lives, as well as numerous other with terrible injuries such as the hero above, and this worthless piece of fucking shit will probably get a slap on the wrist.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

While he was sentenced to death, he is still drawing plenty of breath.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope his trial and death sentence are as quick as Major Hasan's was.  Oh, wait a second............

In other words, don't hold your breath.

Hassan can't hold his breath either.  LOL!

While he was sentenced to death, he is still drawing plenty of breath.

He is paralyzed from the neck down, he has a machine doing the breathing for him, hence, he can't hold his breath.   Ok, an inside baseball kinda joke.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Excellent
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What are the (a) typical and (b) maximum punishments for this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
News conference at Fort Bragg at 3:30 pm.

Desertion and misbehavior before the enemy.

What are the (a) typical and (b) maximum punishments for this?

Can't you be shot for desertion?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Rice has served with lies, corruption, stupidity and an innate desire to kiss a Kenyon's ass everyday of her life. She is ripe for some type of an award.

I'd love to see Bergdahl die by firing squad. A waste of money to have to pay for his keep for the rest of his life. Those terrorist cousins of the Kenyon are probably cab drivers in Milwaukee....no worries.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The US Army has been sitting on this case for months because it proves that Obama and his admin are liars.

Susan Rice: Bergdahl Served With 'Honor and Distinction'

http://youtu.be/BdGe0uP7W-c

Rice has served with lies, corruption, stupidity and an innate desire to kiss a Kenyon's ass everyday of her life. She is ripe for some type of an award.

I'd love to see Bergdahl die by firing squad. A waste of money to have to pay for his keep for the rest of his life. Those terrorist cousins of the Kenyon are probably cab drivers in Milwaukee....no worries.  

"Kenyan"
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm just here to say it is a good start.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well, to be fair, she didn't say who he "served with honor and distinction." Maybe they have a pic of him in a Taliban bunker somewhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Susan Rice said he served with honor and distinction. How could the president's own security adviser be wrong??

Smiling buddies.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Holy shit.  I amazed that they actually charged him.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#14]
This is the second time he's been charged, the Taliban also charged him with desertion earlier.

Afghan Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid has announced that the insurgent group, following its own internal investigation, would be charging Bergdahl with deserting his post — a crime punishable by death, public flogging, or lengthy imprisonment, although typically not in that order.

“We are investigating the incident where Brother [Bergdahl] may — and I stress this is not definite — may have walked off his post without his AK-47,” Zabihullah said in an interview with Al Jazeera.

According to Zabihullah, on May 31, 2014 Bergdahl was pulling security at a high-level meeting in Khowst Province between a Taliban commander and a group of American Special Forces who had arrived by helicopter. Zabihullah said that Bergdahl appears to have boarded the helicopter without any authorization and is now believed to have defected to the United States.

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Gee.....took them long enough.....
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe the charges are just a cover and the trial will be a sham resulting in him being found not guilty.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Neither.  Bitch slapped to death by the families of the troops that died looking for his worthless ass.  If they get too tired to finish the job, then let his former platoon members take turns too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.  Hanging or firing squad?

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Good!  I hope he's found guilty.

And....

Fuck Obama.

Fuck Susan Rice.

And Fuck Marie Barf.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Six good mean gave their lives, as well as numerous other with terrible injuries such as the hero above, and this worthless piece of fucking shit will probably get a slap on the wrist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good, now he can pay for the lives we lost while trying to find his sorry ass.   FUCK HIM.

RIP, BROTHERS.

Dont forget MSG Allen

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/06/07/article-2651223-1E8ADCE600000578-948_634x1194.jpg

This.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RIP, BROTHERS.

Dont forget MSG Allen

This.

I still hope that the Army does the right thing and that piece of shit gets himself fucked over by every one of his guards while at Leavenworth on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:58:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
its about time but.. he should still be there and those 5 taliban members should still be at gitmo
View Quote

I just hope to fuck the pentagon chipped them and we are tracking enemy activity.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:02:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Anybody who ever thought that the death penalty was on the table is smoking crack.

The US hasn't executed anyone for a purely military crime since Eddie Slovack in WWII, and before that you have to go back to the civil war.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I still hope that the Army does the right thing and that piece of shit gets himself fucked over by every one of his guards while at Leavenworth on a daily basis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RIP, BROTHERS.

Dont forget MSG Allen

This.

Where do they get their guards?

Are they MP's who drew a short straw, or fucked up?

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

31Es vs 31Bs. Confinement/detention operations vs "regular" MP.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#25]
FUCK HIM!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:22:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
For once my local news radio station broke the news before arfcom. Once... in all these years.

I wonder if he will be charged with aiding the enemy as well... I cant believe we traded five shitheads for one.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Look at it this way, we traded 5 shitheads for the ability to throw a traitor in prison for life.  Also gives Propaganda value to all those western people joining ISIS. They will sell you out in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:26:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
6 soldiers died looking for that POS  
View Quote

that's really messed up... he should be held with some accountability for that.

and seriously, they're suggesting crediting him with time served... by his captures?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I would be very surprised if this ends the way we think it should...
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Maybe Holder will represent him.
View Quote

Why? He's white.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Bergfuck is all this administration dreams of, a freedom hating anti american deserting scumbag. He is the poster kid for all they stand for. The idea that he will do time or receive any harsh punishment is ludicrous.   He will get a trial and likely some sort of discharge with time served.

You want somebody to get shot for treason in the US? Unless Fuckos caddy forget to show up on time, its not gonna happen. The traitors are the new heros.... wait for the media to pile on in his defence next
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:59:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#32]
$5 says our dirtbag Prez pardons Bergdahl as a last act in office.

Bergdahl is a hero to the crazy American left and Obama has a history of pandering to those crazies.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Thanks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

No problem. The Echo MOS was created as a reaction to Abu Ghraib, as MPs prior did not have much in the way of specific detention training on the whole.

And let us that want nothing to do with it avoid it.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Maybe Holder will represent him.
View Quote

Haaaa!!!!!!!!

Nice.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smiling buddies.
https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/bowe-bergdahl-haqqanni.jpg

Thursday?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#36]
They are going easy on him - he's not even getting barracks restriction, he's free to walk around & do whatever he wants.
He's going to end up with a slap on the wrist instead of the noose he earned.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2381

18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason
Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
View Quote

(And Zero should be charged too.)

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Listening to local talk radio run through the normal 'waddyathink?' on the drive home
today, and a (professing) Army retiree seemed to be sympathizing with him (Bergdahl), making
quips to the tune of, "...people just don't understand...combat really can change a person.
Maybe he just got really lost it over there?  Maybe he (blah blah blah)...".

I was fairly pissed.  The host reminded him that we're still an all-volunteer military, and
that he swore an oath (just like the men who were killed in attempt to retrieve his sorry
@$$), therefore knew the risk beforehand, and still raised his right hand.  THEN went
plodding off to join the enemy?  The so-called retiree just waived it off with similar comments
of "you just don't know what combat can do to a man...".

At this point I changed the station.  If they're going to let folks on the air whose opinions
stoop so low as to try and justify this dude's treason with a thousand 'maybe he' statements,
I'll do much better in traffic with the smooth jazz station on, thank you.

'Maybe he' should be put in a room filled with the family members of every man who died
there.  Or better still, 'maybe he' ought to be give his (no-doubt, lawyer-authored) speech
to a group of men who have fewer body parts after having served in-theater.

Un-be-lievable.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Good
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:26:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Good
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:27:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Listening to local talk radio run through the normal 'waddyathink?' on the drive home
today, and a (professing) Army retiree seemed to be sympathizing with him (Bergdahl), making
quips to the tune of, "...people just don't understand...combat really can change a person.

I was fairly pissed.  The host reminded him that we're still an all-volunteer military, and
that he swore an oath (just like the men who were killed in attempt to retrieve his sorry
@$$), therefore knew the risk beforehand, and still raised his right hand.  THEN went
plodding off to join the enemy?  The so-called retiree just waived it off with similar comments

At this point I changed the station.  If they're going to let folks on the air whose opinions
stoop so low as to try and justify this dude's treason with a thousand 'maybe he' statements,

'Maybe he' should be put in a room filled with the family members of every man who died
there.  Or better still, 'maybe he' ought to be give his (no-doubt, lawyer-authored) speech

Un-be-lievable.
View Quote

He was there for what, a couple of months before he left?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:27:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#42]
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/25/bowe-bergdahl-describes-taliban-captivity-first-ti/

Sgt. Bergdahl said in the statement that he tried to escape approximately 12 times during his five years in captivity. One of the charges against him is misconduct around the enemy, and escape attempts could mitigate or even refute that military crime in a court-martial.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
6 soldiers died looking for that POS  
View Quote

Not to mention the cascade effect it had on literally the entire theater at the time.

Even though it was known that he left on his own accord, the SAR effort was huge and the initial push lasted several weeks; assets were drawn from all over Afghanistan (and beyond).  Who can say how many others were killed as a result of diminished manning in their AOs?

While trying to get him back was the right thing to do, the political shenanigans before, during and after his return were disheartening.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:15:00 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Good. Fuck him.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:45:43 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Un-be-lievable.

Plus there is the whole issue of him calmly packing up stuff and shipping it home. The way he left his gear behind, took his dictionary with him to help with communication with the enemy and then calmly asked people to point him towards the Taliban. Yep, all that combat turned him into a scared kid running away from the sound of gunfire.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:48:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Good, he is a traitor.  Great men lost their lives because of his actions.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:14:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Very odd story if the allegations are to be believed as true.

Why would someone simply wonder off his base in Afghanistan knowing full well the reputation of the Taliban concerning prisoners?

View Quote

He didn't.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:23:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If he has an even semi-competent defense counsel, they'll push hard on the speedy trial provisions of the UCMJ just to ensure that an Obungo pardon is still in play.  The clock has started - 90 days from charges to trail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see a presidential pardon on the horizon...

How to negate Obama: convict Bergdahl on or after Jan 21st, 2017

If he has an even semi-competent defense counsel, they'll push hard on the speedy trial provisions of the UCMJ just to ensure that an Obungo pardon is still in play.  The clock has started - 90 days from charges to trail.

Why would anyone think Obama would pardon him?  The idea of it is absurd.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:25:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Why would anyone think Obama would pardon him?  The idea of it is absurd.
View Quote

Almost as absurd as this whole scenario.  I don't think anyone would be surprised by anything at this point.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/25/bowe-bergdahl-describes-taliban-captivity-first-ti/

Sgt. Bergdahl said in the statement that he tried to escape approximately 12 times during his five years in captivity. One of the charges against him is misconduct around the enemy, and escape attempts could mitigate or even refute that military crime in a court-martial.

Who are they going to call as a witness to prove he tried to escape?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top