I would and I am.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:38:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Let the class action suits begin...
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:39:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
can you be arrested for violating an executive order?
View Quote
What would happen if you imported a "non-sporting", foreign made firearm?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

President Kamala Harris thanks you for your support
View Quote
Well if she is anything like Obama we won't have to fear Federal gun legislation like we do with Trump.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hopefully!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if this will finally be the straw that breaks the camel's back?
Hopefully!
Broke back camels don't carry much weight.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:41:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Most gun owners have no other choice. Most

Typical gun owners talk, I got mine fuck everyone else attitude. The attitude that kills rights.
View Quote
Its not an attitude, it is a reality, does not change my opposition to this bullshit and does not make me fight any less because I don't have to go to a gun range.

It is wrong and I and many others will continue to fight to show it is wrong.

So knock it off with your "Its attitudes like this crap"
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:42:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No wonder this is being wrapped up after the ellection and long before 2020.

Trumps a politician now

I won't forget it in 2020. I couldn't bring myself to vote for him in 2016, and if he does this, in spite of some other good things he has done, I will not vote for him in 2020.
Is she going to thank Donald Trump too?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:43:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Isn't there some unconstitutional grounds because of illegality after the fact?
View Quote
... Ex post facto
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Good ole 1000yds John Burns gonna have a field day with bump stock owners.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:44:29 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
That was only 2 year before 2016 and not a single R on the list.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Reality has no bearing on this situation.

"At Trump's direction, however, the Justice Department submitted a proposed final rule earlier this year that upended the Obama-era interpretation, and concluded that bump-fire stocks, "slide-fire" devices, and devices with certain similar characteristics all fall within the prohibition on machine guns by allowing a "shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger," and therefore, they are illegal under federal law."

Up is down.  Black is white.
View Quote
But the trigger is really being pulled once for each bullet leaving the barrel...
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Damn. No compensation.

That's a lot of moola down the drain for some of those guys.
View Quote
Meh -
I bought mine back when they first came out (eight years ago think).
The cost of the BF stock pales in comparison to the cost of the ammo that went down the barrel afterwards.

If the ban ends up standing, I'll remove mine and return the rifle to stock.
But I won't be destroying it or turning it in without compensation - it will just live with a bunch of other stuff that I have stashed for when the time comes that I want/need it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:46:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
... Ex post facto
View Quote
But that doesn't apply.  They aren't saying "it's now illegal to have owned it" they are saying "it's always been illegal, we just didn't enforce it until now."
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thats called "Cost of doing business".  We elected a businessman, not a politician.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I supported him and I still don't give a shit.

There is no excuse for this, if it comes to pass. Fucking none!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again for the slow. Imagine an america right now where trump had lost. Hillary making the calls. Democrat house. Possibly dem senate.  2  new liberal judges on the court. Trump isn't perfect, but he's a fuckload better than the alternative.
I supported him and I still don't give a shit.

There is no excuse for this, if it comes to pass. Fucking none!
LOL@NeoConDon plowing his supporters asses. Oh the mental gymnastics that we see in this thread....must...not...pull... head...out....of...Dons....ass.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Well... come and get it then but put the politicians in the front When you do the door to door searches.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thats called "Cost of doing business".  We elected a businessman, not a politician.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I'm sure you can tell us what business Trump was doing in California that involved the incumbent Attorney General that required a $6,000 political bribe.

Because businessmen can never be politicians...

Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Gun control by executive fiat! ...Awesome precedent to set.

So much winning. I can't wait to see how president Kamala Harris re-interprets our gun laws!

"President Kamala Harris has re-re-interpreted "Machine Gun" to include any gun with machined parts, you have 90 days to turn them in"
View Quote
They have been setting one another up for decades. Whittling away rights one by one. Nothing has changed since 2016
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:49:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It could also make congress feel like they need to do something.  That could have any number of bad or good results.  Probably bad.
View Quote
People can tell Congress no, just as easy as tell the President no, lots of people say no every single day in this country and shit does not get done to them.

Nancy Regan's "Just Say No" Campaign might be handy after all.

Fuck em, don't mean nothing.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm still waiting to hear what actually happened in Las Vegas.. Come on Trump.  How about some transparency?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:50:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fuck be upon ANYONE that supports this bullshit
View Quote

And ANYONE that supports them.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:52:54 AM EDT
[#22]
I am very dissapointed in our MAGA leader about this.   I don't know that we even know if the Vegas shooter used any of the planted guns with bumpstocks and even if he did I'm still not on board with banning them.  They are pretty dumb, I've shot one, don't own one, but that's not the point.  The fact that he is so nieve and is willing to push this agenda with so little actual factual info released on the Vegas incident, I just don't understand why he thinks this is a good idea.   The only way I'll support this if we get something much better in trade like abolish the ATF...but we won't.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:53:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yep. Pretty sure this falls under the takings clause. There’s definitely a colorable argument to that effect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is going to get destroyed in the courts before it ever goes into effect
Yep. Pretty sure this falls under the takings clause. There’s definitely a colorable argument to that effect.
Just like Roberts seemed the ACA was not a tax and therefore legal even though right in the ACA it said the penalty was a tax?  They can make words mean whatever the fuck they want.

Letting them ban a piece of plastic and not raising hell outside of a court case let’s them know we are ok with this. Fuck them they need to listen.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:53:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Someone will file about the lack of a buyback and how that violates this, that or, the other thing.

The feds, maybe even the aggressive states will demand that the manufacturers provide lists of the distributors and retailers and from there we know what they will do. I can see the anti-2nd states doing some door kicking to get news coverage with the headline that they are serious about getting these "deadly weapons" off the streets.

Think about it, one guy committed a terrible crime and look where we are now. Virtually no crimes with NFA MG's since the 34 Act and look what they did in 86. Unfortunately the planets will align again and the gun grabbers will have their day and make another grab.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#25]
The 2016 election was proof of the old adage: "When you try to pick up the clean end of the turd, you're still picking up a turd."
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:54:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Amnesty is the answer and add them to the nfa register
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:55:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Hey, maybe the NRA will shop for a judge to stop Trump....Oh wait.
View Quote
Now is not the time to elect real conservatives, they said.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:55:17 AM EDT
[#28]
I’m going to go ahead and flamesuiton here. We need to be able to disagree with President Trump on this site. When he’s wrong, he’s wrong. If President Trump denies you of your constitutional 2A rights, and/or denies your property without just compensation, trying to shut down warranted discussion about that with ‘sorry your girl lost hurr durr’ is toxic and moronic. It shouldn’t matter which politician fucks you in the ass. Only that you were, in fact, fucked in the ass; and it’s alright to be (pun intended) butthurt over it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Fuck amnesty.

The President doesn't have the authority to change codified legal definitions. He's not aGod Emperor, he's an elected official and he's constrained by the Constitution.
View Quote
that is exactly what pro-trumpers have been calling him.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Haha, ok.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
No one in this thread was arguing that until his comment.

So one guy has that opinion....the other 99% of us fully realize that T$ is better than Hillary.  That doesn't mean we shouldn't criticize him when it's blatantly warranted.

You guys are like the Obama sycophants that cheered wildly no matter what he did.

Suddenly, a GOP POTUS unilaterally implementing more gun control than the last D POTUS did in 8 years is really no big deal.  If this was Obama, you would be crying like a little bitch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We get it.  He's better than Hillary.  No one here is arguing otherwise...literally not a single person.
Quoted:
We are promised easy access to suppressors.

We get a ban on bump stocks.

We would have been better of with Hillary, at least the republicans and NRA would have fought, instead they just followed this morons lead.
lol it's like clockwork
you guys are too obvious
No one in this thread was arguing that until his comment.

So one guy has that opinion....the other 99% of us fully realize that T$ is better than Hillary.  That doesn't mean we shouldn't criticize him when it's blatantly warranted.

You guys are like the Obama sycophants that cheered wildly no matter what he did.

Suddenly, a GOP POTUS unilaterally implementing more gun control than the last D POTUS did in 8 years is really no big deal.  If this was Obama, you would be crying like a little bitch.
A fucking men
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I’m going to go ahead and flamesuiton here. We need to be able to disagree with President Trump on this site. When he’s wrong, he’s wrong. If President Trump denies you of your constitutional 2A rights, and/or denies your property without just compensation, trying to shut down warranted discussion about that with ‘sorry your girl lost hurr durr’ is toxic and moronic. It shouldn’t matter which politician fucks you in the ass. Only that you were, in fact, fucked in the ass; and it’s alright to be (pun intended) butthurt over it.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:59:46 AM EDT
[#33]
DU's take https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211487200

A bunch of them even think it's unconstitutional without compensation
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:05:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I saw it as well but had the mute on.

All the non FL GD ARF members made fun of Florida when they ban bump stocks. The rest of the US will be ban.

In Florida we are not allowed to purchase rubber bands or pants with belt loops. I wear Yoda pants and drive the speed limit.
View Quote
Will you be my Yoda?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:05:45 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No wonder this is being wrapped up after the ellection and long before 2020.

Trumps a politician now

I won't forget it in 2020. I couldn't bring myself to vote for him in 2016, and if he does this, in spite of some other good things he has done, I will not vote for him in 2020.
Is she going to thank Donald Trump too?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/102941/trump_donations1_PNG-755010.JPG
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Plans are all over the internet on how to make one in your garage.

Banning something does not make it magically disappear.

There are plans on how to make auto sears, explosives, poisons, bump stocks and hell, even biological weapons (crud, but effective to a smaller degree)

All this is, is the government camel getting it's nose further under the tent of freedom.
View Quote
No magic, just a ditch or re-education camp.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good ole 1000yds John Burns gonna have a field day with bump stock owners.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/102941/bumpstock_fudds_jpg-755017.JPG
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:08:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Only 0.03% of gun owners bother to show up 2nd Amendment rallies.  If 99.97% of gun owners can't even bother to do that...do you really think of them will stand their ground and fight?
View Quote
That is almost .04 though.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:08:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And not a very good one at that. Glad we elected a cheap suit with no values.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So I'm sure you can tell us what business Trump was doing in California that involved the incumbent Attorney General that required a $6,000 political bribe.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2016/07/25/us/25bloomberg/25bloomberg-articleLarge.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2016/07/25/us/25bloomberg/25bloomberg-articleLarge.jpg
You are on a fucking roll sir.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
We need multiple states to set-up second amendment zones. These areas offer protection to those with undocumented firearms and components like sanctuary cities do with illegal immigrants...
View Quote
Here's the map for your proposed zone:

Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Welcome to the new America.  Where illegal aliens get amnesty but bump stock owners do not.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#43]

The enemy within
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Only 0.03% of gun owners bother to show up 2nd Amendment rallies.  If 99.97% of gun owners can't even bother to do that...do you really think of them will stand their ground and fight?
View Quote
+1

People sit at home and bitch, then when elections don't go their way they want to pull out guns and start acting like ANTIFA

Here is an idea, how about get involved politically and make sure the (R) on the ticket isn't a jackwagon.

I know, I know, it will involve leaving mom's basement...
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Welcome to the new America.  Where illegal aliens get amnesty but bump stock owners do not.
View Quote
Ain't that the fucking truth.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:18:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
+1

People sit at home and bitch, then when elections don't go their way they want to pull out guns and start acting like ANTIFA

Here is an idea, how about get involved politically and make sure the (R) on the ticket isn't a jackwagon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I've been "involved" for two decades and all I've done is watch 1 step forward, 3 steps back the whole time.

I'm worn out.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Well if she is anything like Obama we won't have to fear Federal gun legislation like we do with Trump.
View Quote
Retarded. Flat out retarded.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#49]
They prosper only when there are threats to the RKBA.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#50]
As long as Wayne LaPierre's $4,000 duck guns are safe, I guess we still have a country.
Page / 25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top