Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 1:56:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Scored an $89 can at lunch. Like two I found last week, I only got one. I left the other for a fellow brickseeker. "That every man should be armed"
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I’ve been wondering if they will, they’ve had the M855 cans for $139.99 for the last month and a can +10 PMags for $199.99. I hoping after the Walmart sales PSA will drop to around $100per can at least.
View Quote
I'm guessing that would be below cost.  This is PSA's bread and butter, while it's just one SKU out of a million for Walmart.

Walmart can afford to lose money on 2-3 cans at every location, knowing they are no longer going to carry them.  PSA can't and shouldn't take that kind of loss.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Lil dude at Academy said we won’t match a sale price
View Quote
Did you tell him it was a sale price?
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I’ve been wondering if they will, they’ve had the M855 cans for $139.99 for the last month and a can +10 PMags for $199.99. I hoping after the Walmart sales PSA will drop to around $100per can at least.
View Quote
If you figure the 10 mags are worth $80 bucks (what the sale price is at PSA with the promo code) then you are getting those for $119.99 with free shipping.  Not a bad deal.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you figure the 10 mags are worth $80 bucks (what the sale price is at PSA with the promo code) then you are getting those for $119.99 with free shipping.  Not a bad deal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep..PSA was at $119 shipped for a long time I bought a couple for that price.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Got one wallyworld within range that’s showing limited stock for $89.  Hopefully I can get out of work soon and score one last can
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 3:17:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Got one wallyworld within range that’s showing limited stock for $89.  Hopefully I can get out of work soon and score one last can
View Quote
Limited stock is code for out in my experience
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Limited stock is code for out in my experience
View Quote
Limited stock means 1 showing in inventory.  Whether or not it's there is a whole nother thing.

Usually with ammo, especially big cans like this, it's there.  Getting them to find it is the trick
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Went to my local Walmart saying 2 in stock. Of course they didn't have them. Said they've been looking for them all week.

My FIL picked me up 2 from his AO so at least I got something.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link neted me 2 @ $89 each when Brickseek said there were 3.

Turned out to be labeled M193. I took it home anyway. Have to crack it open for more inspection this evening.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Alright which one of you guys cleared out Moraine Ohio? I checked this morning there were still 2 cans at $117...I checked again just couple of hours later and they were at $89. I jumped in car and fifteen minutes later the lady at the counter tells me some guy just bought them....has to be someone here
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Grabbed 2 at a Walmart by work on Monday.  Was still marked $125 on the sticker.  I hadn't seen this thread or checked Brickseek, but for whatever reason I decided to scan it with the WM app and it showed $89.  Grabbed both!  While I was checking out, the associate said that she hadn't put out the markdowns that printed out that morning.  In a rare stroke of common sense, I asked to see the markdown stickers.  Grabbed some $9 45ACP and 38SPL.

I decided to check BS today before heading home, and the WM by the house showed 2 in stock and just marked down.  Ran by there and the ammo (and store associates) were nowhere to be found

So I had to summon my inner "let me speak to the manager", and it went all downhill from there

So I hunted someone down and had them page the sporting goods 'tards.  Nothing.

Did that twice more... nada.

Then I had someone page the store manager.  Nope.

Finally pulled out the big guns: 1-800-WALMART

Called them and within 15 seconds there was a page over the intercom: "Any available assistant store manager pick up line 1 for Walmart Corporate".  That fucking did it.  At this point I'd pissed away nearly an hour.  Fuck it, I'm all in now

Assistant manager shows up, I have him look it up in the system.

ASM: "Yep, we have 2 at $89".
Me: "I'll take both"
A2M: I don't see them on the shelf, we must not have any"
Me: "Can you, um, look any further than that?"
Assface: "Nope, inventory must be wrong, sorry"

Fuck it, I should have known better.  Every time there is a deal to be had at this store, shit always goes missing.  Always.  During the big gun sales, they had the guns on the shelves, but the "system" was "down" and they couldn't sell any.  So I put in another "pissing & moaning" call to corporate.  Hell, if it was my store, I would want to know that a few hundred dollars worth of ammo went missing and was unaccounted for.  "Upper Management" is supposed to call me back.  We'll see.  Hell, I'm just going to tell them the same thing that I told the guy who answered the phone.  I'm not looking for anything out of this, I just wanted to let them know what was up.

I'm not even worried about it, but I've had enough of this one store.  I don't need the ammo (Jesus I have plenty already), and am fortunate enough to be able to afford the full price stuff.  But this grabassery as gone too far.  I know you can't expect much for what they are paying folks, but come the fuck on, it isn't rocket surgery.  Hopefully corporate unfucks this place.

Love you,

Popov
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 6:01:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Limited stock means 1 showing in inventory.  Whether or not it's there is a whole nother thing.

Usually with ammo, especially big cans like this, it's there.  Getting them to find it is the trick
View Quote
That’s what I ran into yesterday, she said they didn’t have any.

I asked if they might be in back “Nope” and then asked her to unlock the cabinet under the glass and “well I have to go get keys now!” That’s where they were.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#14]
One of the cans I snagged was showing limited stock on BS, and made it to out of stock by the time I got to the truck.

You guys getting XM193 out of this are lucky.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Check your cans before purchasing. I found one at lunch (I was in a bit of a hurry), but when I got home, I noticed the little plastic zip tie was missing. Opened it up, saw two spoons, but my count only shows 360. Oh well, still not a bad buy for $89 + tax.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Got one today and got it price matched at Academy.

Brings me total up to 4 cans thanks to this thread.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No idea. Showed 9 last week at $124, and went down to 8. Been at 8 for over a week.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/125849/CF619CC5-71D7-4BF4-BD24-09513101165E_png-932789.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Went to the Maryville store, shows 8 in stock dropped to $89 today. Nothing in the case, not even a sticker where they were. Manager looked in back and said only thing in an ammo can is 1200 rounds of 9mm.

Guess I’m done, that was my last shot. Scored 4 cans total, and my dad scored 1 in another state. Can’t complain.
Holy smokes, how can it show EIGHT cans and not have one?  That doesn’t seem right at all
No idea. Showed 9 last week at $124, and went down to 8. Been at 8 for over a week.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/125849/CF619CC5-71D7-4BF4-BD24-09513101165E_png-932789.JPG
I sense shenanigans afoot. It literally just dropped from $124 to $89 this morning. Been showing 8 for a week. Now showing OOS.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I sense shenanigans afoot. It literally just dropped from $124 to $89 this morning. Been showing 8 for a week. Now showing OOS.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/125849/57F67B5A-D4D2-424E-9F43-0FD1939C20B3_png-933301.JPG
View Quote
Shenanigans for sure, somebody there is stashing and letting family/friends know when it’s being marked down.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Went to my local Walmart saying 2 in stock. Of course they didn't have them. Said they've been looking for them all week.

View Quote
Same song at my local Walmart, nothing in the case, but I told them Brickseek showed 2 cans in stock and I got the sporting goods manager to check out back in "the cage".

Bingo. 2 cans @ $89.

Strange that they stayed in stock for so long.  I have a hunch they would've disappeared into an employees trunk the exact moment the price dropped another $20.

Thanks for this thread, OP.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 8:56:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Grabbed 2 at a Walmart by work on Monday.  Was still marked $125 on the sticker.  I hadn't seen this thread or checked Brickseek, but for whatever reason I decided to scan it with the WM app and it showed $89.  Grabbed both!  While I was checking out, the associate said that she hadn't put out the markdowns that printed out that morning.  In a rare stroke of common sense, I asked to see the markdown stickers.  Grabbed some $9 45ACP and 38SPL.

I decided to check BS today before heading home, and the WM by the house showed 2 in stock and just marked down.  Ran by there and the ammo (and store associates) were nowhere to be found

So I had to summon my inner "let me speak to the manager", and it went all downhill from there

https://meme.xyz/uploads/posts/t/l-37612-the-board-of-directors-annual-let-me-speak-to-the-manager-conference.jpg

Called them and within 15 seconds there was a page over the intercom: "Any available assistant store manager pick up line 1 for Walmart Corporate".  That fucking did it.  At this point I'd pissed away nearly an hour.  Fuck it, I'm all in now

Fuck it, I should have known better.  Every time there is a deal to be had at this store, shit always goes missing.  Always.  During the big gun sales, they had the guns on the shelves, but the "system" was "down" and they couldn't sell any.  So I put in another "pissing & moaning" call to corporate.  Hell, if it was my store, I would want to know that a few hundred dollars worth of ammo went missing and was unaccounted for.  "Upper Management" is supposed to call me back.  We'll see.  Hell, I'm just going to tell them the same thing that I told the guy who answered the phone.  I'm not looking for anything out of this, I just wanted to let them know what was up.

I'm not even worried about it, but I've had enough of this one store.  I don't need the ammo (Jesus I have plenty already), and am fortunate enough to be able to afford the full price stuff.  But this grabassery as gone too far.  I know you can't expect much for what they are paying folks, but come the fuck on, it isn't rocket surgery.  Hopefully corporate unfucks this place.

Love you,

Popov
View Quote
Did they bother you at all and force you to yell?

“YOU WILL NOT TOUCH ME! YOU WILL NOT PUT YOUR HANDS ON MY FIREARM!”

“YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY FIREARM! YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY FIREARM!”
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 9:11:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Same song at my local Walmart, nothing in the case, but I told them Brickseek showed 2 cans in stock and I got the sporting goods manager to check out back in "the cage".

Bingo. 2 cans @ $89.

Strange that they stayed in stock for so long.  I have a hunch they would've disappeared into an employees trunk the exact moment the price dropped another $20.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo. 2 cans @ $89.

I ask for her to check in the back and she said "we don't keep any bullets in the back"
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Picked up two this evening $89 a pop. Best thread ever I needed more m855 to horde. Got 4 cans so far thanks again OP.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd been checking brickseek periodically and consistently there was nothing available nearby. Well I checked again tonight and the location 15 minutes away showed 2 cans at 89.

I got there and they had 4

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 10:04:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Alright which one of you guys cleared out Moraine Ohio? I checked this morning there were still 2 cans at $117...I checked again just couple of hours later and they were at $89. I jumped in car and fifteen minutes later the lady at the counter tells me some guy just bought them....has to be someone here
View Quote
Well unfortunately it wasn't me. I got there 15 minutes after you. Still showed 2 in stock. The kind lady said she would have the manager zero them out because they shouldn't be showing in stock still. She did exactly that. Doesn't look like I'm getting in on this deal.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 10:08:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://meme.xyz/uploads/posts/t/l-37612-the-board-of-directors-annual-let-me-speak-to-the-manager-conference.jpg

Love you,

Popov
View Quote
@Popov

Not all heroes wear capes.

Best post of the evening.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 10:54:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Managed to score two at $68, and one at $89 tonight.

Surprisingly the two at $68 had been $100 for a few weeks, and was marked down to $68 days ago.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 10:58:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks like the three at the store close to me dropped to $89 this afternoon. I'll try to get there in the morning if they don't somehow sell overnight. They were still $124 until late this afternoon.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 11:06:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I ask for her to check in the back and she said "we don't keep any bullets in the back"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo. 2 cans @ $89.

In MA the ammo is kept under lock and key--you have to have a firearms license to even buy it.

Also--I didn't ask the know-nothing clowns on the floor, I went to the Customer Service desk and they confirmed stock--then they paged the Sporting Goods manager, who was suspiciously aware that the ammo in cans was probably out back, in "the cage".  I double-checked to make sure they didn't have any more available.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 11:41:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Got a can of m855 for $110 before tax today.  The only can left in the two nearest stores.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 11:56:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Lil dude at Academy said we won’t match a sale price
View Quote
It’s always the lil dudes denying price matches. Always trying to go above and beyond. Lil dude also denied me at my local academy.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 1:06:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Well thanks to this 'Deal Alet' post I'm up 4 cans of XM855.

Last week 2 cans for $124 +tax.
Tonight 2 cans for 88.83 +tax.

Overall, bottom line:
M855
got it all @ .274 a round including ammo can(s) & stripper clips.

Not too bad.
Thanks OP
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Only one Walmart near me had any showing in stock.  I stopped by this morning  and they were out.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Just snagged 2 for $89. For those of you in the KC area there were 3 available at the Wal-Mart in Martin City on 133rd street, I left one, it's sitting in the locked display case behind the counter.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 10:07:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ask for their Market Managers phone number.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Local Walmart shows nine in stock. Department manager says they don’t have any.
Ask for their Market Managers phone number.

Brickseek said 3 cans. Was told one was sold before we got there. They were only able to find one more. Asked for market managers #, they would not give it out. Private#?
I guess their inventory was off? Called later as brickseek said out of stock. Manager (different) knew who helped us and said inventory was off and corrected.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 10:54:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Anyone have the UPC for the $9 .45 boxes?
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 11:02:26 AM EDT
[#36]
For those who've bought cans since May 1st, I hope you saved your receipts. Federal has a rebate right now which gets you a t-shirt, a hoodie, or both, depending on how much you spend.

I'm on my phone, or I'd post the link.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
For those who've bought cans since May 1st, I hope you saved your receipts. Federal has a rebate right now which gets you a t-shirt, a hoodie, or both, depending on how much you spend.

I'm on my phone, or I'd post the link.
View Quote
Yep. I kept my receipt but it was from April 30. I kept checking the rebate site hoping a cash offer would appear. Seems like it isn't happening.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Gave-in and got a couple for $89. It really is a great deal; M855 at steel-case prices or better if you factor in the clips, spoons, and can. Unfortunately, I had just spent most of my ammo fund on Wolf Gold a few weeks ago.

Quoted:
View Quote
This, please.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 11:51:31 AM EDT
[#39]
So I checked the area around my second home in another state.  The Walmart there had 3 of them for $124 until yesterday, then dropped them to $89.  Called a buddy I’ve known for 25 years and asked him to swing by.

After tax and everything, they were like $288.xx.  I kicked him $300 so he can have a beer or two on me and I’ve got 3 more cans at around $.24 per round.

That brings my haul to 7 cans at around that average per round.  With the cans and clips, I’m pretty damn happy with that even though I don’t shoot 855 that often.  I’ll throw it in the long-term storage pile for my reserve.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#40]
My local store showed two cans in stock in stock. I called and they had none.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
two rules my man:

1.  Never get off the boat

2. Never call ahead to the store
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's likely in the back. Some lackey on the phone or someone under management claiming their OOS only to have someone else find it under the counter or in the back seems to be recurring theme.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#43]
If you calculate that the cans the ammo comes in are $10, buying at $89 comes out to 18.8 cents per round
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This, please.
WIN W TRAIN 45ACP 230GR FMJ 50
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks! $9 in my area. I wonder if the truncated bullet will feed in my GI 1911. At the price, it's worth the chance.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 1:28:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Thanks! $9 in my area. I wonder if the truncated bullet will feed in my GI 1911. At the price, it's worth the chance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
$9 here also, I'll probably grab all 4 boxes today.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If you calculate that the cans the ammo comes in are $10, buying at $89 comes out to 18.8 cents per round
View Quote
I figure it as 10 for the can(even though a new can cost more than 10) stripper clips and spoon at 6, for a total of 16. I don't know what stripper clips and/or the spoon cost in today's market, so I am just spit ballin on that, but you get 42 with the ammo can.

Most times when you buy 5.56/.223 ammo it is in just a box, unlike handgun stuff which is sometimes in a plastic holder. so for apples to apples you should discount for the can and clips/spoon. when you do that, it really makes it a sweet deal.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#48]
So, update again!

I’m driving to South Florida to get on a cruise ship for a week.  Decided to jump off in Vero Beach for some food and just decided to check the area.  Low and behold, the Walmart down the street had 2 cans @ $89.  Picked those up too to just throw in the trunk until I get back.

Up to 9 cans now
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
$6 in Greenville mi
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
.45 OOS when I arrived. Guy at the counter immediately said "556 in a can?" when I said I was looking for some ammo. People must be hounding them for it.
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top