BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I went to my local WM that "restocked" 5 cases.

Immediately found a very helpful lady who found the lady with ammo keys.

Lady #2 walks up and asks what I want. I ask if they have any of the 420 round cans left. She cuts me off and says "Nope. No ammo cans, I'm not going in back to look either."
I ask if she's sure and she confirms and walks to another area of sporting goods. I go find her again because I wanted some ammo that was clearly in the case.

I approached her and asked to grab some 22lr. She cuts me off again saying she's done with ammo and done helping folks for the day and FLIPPED HER BADGE OVER so I couldn't get a name.
I then asked if I could speak with a manager and she said she was the only one qualified to touch any ammo in the store. Then she walked off in a huff.

I walked out, got on the horn with corporate. They asked what happened, blah blah. Then asked if I was interested in the items still, to which I said of course, as long as their still on sale.
Supposed to call me back Monday or Tuesday with a solution.

Looking back, I'm wondering if the 475 round in cardboard was scanned in as the 420 can. They had 5 of them in the glass @ $174.00

I'm gonna swing by again today and see if I can get them to look again or scan the 475 box.
View Quote
The only one qualified to touch ammo in the store.

I would have taken pics of her for corporate. Badge means jack when you have a mugshot.
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 5:57:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Academy price match! Score!Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 8:19:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Got home and checked and one of the local stores showed two cans for like $80.  Drove over, talked to the guy at the counter, and he told me that like 20 people have been in to ask about them over the past week.

That’s two stores today that supposedly had 4 cans and didn’t have any at all.  I think the inventories are starting to show errors.  Hard to justify driving anywhere to try to get some at this point, based on the fact you’ll probably come away empty-handed.
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So will the SKU work if its out of state?
View Quote
Same numbers, I dont see why not.

They barely even looked at it
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
I was able to get 5 cans.  Don't forget to log onto vista to get your free shirts/hoodies.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 12:07:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was able to get 5 cans.  Don't forget to log onto vista to get your free shirts/hoodies.
View Quote
Before or after they issued the internal memo?  Tempted to try my luck
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5/6 in the AM so I assume before.  What's the worst they can say? "no"  Okay have a nice day.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 12:01:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What you talkin' bout, Willis?
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A page or two back it was reported that Dicks put out an internal memo to stores to not price match this item.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I just submitted for two rebates for shirts/hoodies, but only got a verification for one of them.  Might have to try it again a little later if the other one doesn't show up.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 12:04:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

A page or two back it was reported that Dicks put out an internal memo to stores to not price match this item.
View Quote
Oh, I gotcha.  I thought he was talking about the Federal shirt/hoodie thing.  I forgot about the other memo.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
5/6 in the AM so I assume before.  What's the worst they can say? "no"  Okay have a nice day.  
View Quote
Haha true.  Would be kinda funny to load up the cart, drag all the ammo to the counter, ask for the pricematch, get denied, and then make them put it all back.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Website said the local had 3 cans at $84. Talked to the guy at the counter, they didn't have any. What they did have though was 2 cans of 5.56 ZQI. These were the 720 round cans though and were not cheap at all, $450 ish if I recall.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm really glad that so many people were able to get a deal.  I had actually walked outside before I realized it wasn't a clearance tag and went back in for the picture.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 1:53:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm really glad that so many people were able to get a deal.  I had actually walked outside before I realized it wasn't a clearance tag and went back in for the picture.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 2:24:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
You are the man, and I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone have the new SKU for the 450 rd box at WM?
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 5:01:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anyone have the new SKU for the 450 rd box at WM?
View Quote
475 count
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

475 count
View Quote
@naes

Thank you
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
You da real MVP!
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 8:23:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I hit two Dick's and two Academy's in the Nashville area today.

The first Dick's was a total bust, as they didn't even have much ammo, much less any of the cans.

At the first Academy, I was looking at the cannon an end cap when a CSM walked up and asked if he could help me. I asked if he would price match WM using a picture of a price tag. He asked to see it and I showed him. At first, he didn't believe it was the same item, so I offered to show him a picture of the cans. I pulled up my pic from a week and a half ago, being sure to quickly zoom in on the description in the upper left corner of the can, being sure to crop out the $89 clearance sticker on the upper right corner. He still wasn't sure, so we verified the UPC. He briefly said something about calling WM to see if they had any in stock, but I distracted him from that train of thought and he went to see how many he had in stock. His system showed three, so he went back to look for the others. He came back empty-handed, so I said it was cool, I'd just take the one. He walked me to a front register, where he did the override. He said employees aren't eligible for the price match, but his day was almost over and he was going to WM and see if he could score some at that price.

Now armed with an Academy receipt from a local store and with today's date, I went to the other Academy. There, the manager was willing to let me have one of their two cans at that price. Beggars can't be choosers and that's a ridiculously low price, so I consider it a win.

At the second Dick's, the employee and manager both lived up to the company name. I found an employee (Swann, a dude) and asked him about price matching some ammo using a WM picture and two Academy receipts. He called over the radio to ask if he could price match ammo and, after a moment, asked me what I wanted.  I told him and he hesitated, saying he couldn't do that step a discount, so he would need to call a manager. He called for a manager and told them he needed them for a price match of less than half normal price (more like a 2/3 discount lol). He walked off for a bit. When he returned, he they couldn't price match guns or ammo as he just walked past quickly. He didn't even bother to ask if I still wanted them or needed anything else. I stood there and Googled Dick's price match policy. When guns or ammo didn't come up as being ineligible, I found him and pointed it out to him. He went and got the manager, who repeated that they don't price match guns and ammo. I called him on his bullshit, showing him the policy on their web site. That's when he asked to see the picture and denied it because it's a clearance price. I said the price tag doesn't say clearance, but he said he used to work at WM and $0.33 is a clearance price. I turned to leave and told him he should have said that in the first place, not lied about a company policy. He started to talk back, as if he were looking for an argument and a reason to toss me out of the store. I just told him not to lie, nor to worry, as I was leaving. He said, "Bye," as I walked away. I'm glad to know he's found employment at a company whose name matches his personality.

All in all, I'm calling two cans for about $135 a victory, even if it required four stops.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
@FREEFALLE7 I used this same pic saved on my phone at a local Academy in Rock Hill, SC (SW of your location) no problem, she didn’t seem to give a shit though YMMV
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 8:45:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

@FREEFALLE7 I used this same pic saved on my phone at a local Academy in Rock Hill, SC (SE of your location) no problem, she didn't seem to give a shit though YMMV
View Quote
Sweet, time for a road trip

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#24]
I travel all over the state for work and check the zip codes to see if any are in stock. Last week Brick seat showed 2 in stock at a Walmart in Paw Paw, MI for $34.80 each. Waited for about 30 minutes for someone to show up and look for them in the back but only to find out there wasn’t any to be had in that store.
I did however meet a fellow Arfcommer and talked to him for a bit. Good guy, trying to get some of the non exist cans too.
So today I checked out two other stores, first store showed limited quantity but none in stock. Second store had three cans on the shelf at $174. so I talked to a nearby employee. I was told they don’t price match other stores as their pricing is independent and comparable to other sporting good stores in that same area. I was on my way out when the employee said she would price check it for me and low and behold the three cans were ready for clearance (in their 14th week) manager wasn’t doing clearance detail I guess.
She called over another employee and he gave me the clearance price of $89. so I brought home three cans!
If you find them on the shelf have the employee scan the price. Might get lucky!
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 10:33:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I travel all over the state for work and check the zip codes to see if any are in stock. Last week Brick seat showed 2 in stock at a Walmart in Paw Paw, MI for $34.80 each. Waited for about 30 minutes for someone to show up and look for them in the back but only to find out there wasn’t any to be had in that store.
I did however meet a fellow Arfcommer and talked to him for a bit. Good guy, trying to get some of the non exist cans too.
So today I checked out two other stores, first store showed limited quantity but none in stock. Second store had three cans on the shelf at $174. so I talked to a nearby employee. I was told they don’t price match other stores as their pricing is independent and comparable to other sporting good stores in that same area. I was on my way out when the employee said she would price check it for me and low and behold the three cans were ready for clearance (in their 14th week) manager wasn’t doing clearance detail I guess.
She called over another employee and he gave me the clearance price of $89. so I brought home three cans!
If you find them on the shelf have the employee scan the price. Might get lucky!
View Quote
So you’re the reason I haven’t been able to snag one can!!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 10:43:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
No doubt, Arfcommers and those abroad have saved greatly.

No matter what I did and where I went, I only scored 1@$89(1@$124 too). Better than none.

It's unfortunate we may see the last of under a buck cans for now.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 12:00:33 AM EDT
[#27]
@WingsFan86

Probably not the reason since I only was able to get them at one store which was in Shelby Township.
They have two available at the Roseville store. If your in that area stop in and have them price check the cans. See if they will mark them on clearance then you should be able to get them for $89.
Just trying to be helpful and believe me, i put in the time and miles trying to get the deal.
Good luck!

Edit:

South Gate and Taylor each show a quantity of two also.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 6:41:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
@WingsFan86

Probably not the reason since I only was able to get them at one store which was in Shelby Township.
They have two available at the Roseville store. If your in that area stop in and have them price check the cans. See if they will mark them on clearance then you should be able to get them for $89.
Just trying to be helpful and believe me, i put in the time and miles trying to get the deal.
Good luck!

Edit:

View Quote
@1CHANCEPRO

Just giving you a hard time. I have a few local stores that show 2 I’m stock but they’re still $174. I’ll be on the east side this week for work. Hopefully I’ll get lucky, most of the stores are all dried up at this point. Glad you were able to snag a few. I tried to have Dick’s do the price match but no go. Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 6:48:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Haha, I almost went back to Paw Paw after they showed 2 in stock again. I cleaned them out on May 3rd for 60 bucks a can when two days later they pop back up for 34. I was able to get the Portage dicks to price match 2 for 60.44 each though.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 8:43:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Has anyone tried to have a dicks pricematch another dicks receipt?
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, she refused to do so, but she wasn’t particularly accommodating anyway.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 9:35:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yes, she refused to do so, but she wasn't particularly accommodating anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep / seems after the first couple of days the Dicks wised up. May have been because we were in multiple times - we only have 3 local.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 10:15:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yep / seems after the first couple of days the Dicks wised up. May have been because we were in multiple times - we only have 3 local.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm half temped to start a thread counting how many cans just arfcom hit dicks for.  Some quick math:

Selling for $199/can = $0.479/rnd - raping buyers
Going cost in the market (SGAMMO) = $0.33/rnd
Let's estimate LOW - Dicks makes double the average dealer (about $0.04 profit per 223/556 round) so @ $0.08/rnd Dicks paid $0.25/rnd for a cost of $105/can

We bought @ $64.33 causing a loss of $40.67/can, plus a restocking cost of $105/can totaling -$145.67/can sold @ the price match...FDSG
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 10:19:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm half temped to start a thread counting how many cans just arfcom hit dicks for.  Some quick math:

Let's estimate LOW - Dicks makes double the average dealer (about $0.04 profit per 223/556 round) so @ $0.08/rnd Dicks paid $0.25/rnd for a cost of $105/can

We bought @ $64.33 causing a loss of $40.67/can, plus a restocking cost of $105/can totaling -$145.67/can sold @ the price match...FDSG
View Quote
One @ $89
Two @ $64
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dicks told me, their cost was in the $130s.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Dicks told me, their cost was in the $130s.
View Quote
That would put them @ nearly $0.31/rnd. Which is what PSA ran on a daily deal a month or so ago (I may be wrong - anyone?).

I think he was embellishing a bit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#37]
There’s a store in Valdosta showing 3 cans.  Georgia people, get on it.  It’s just far enough away that it doesn’t make sense for me to drive to get them, especially considering the luck I’ve been having with inventory errors.  But if you’re within an hour, it might make sense to try
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That would put them @ nearly $0.31/rnd. Which is what PSA ran on a daily deal a month or so ago (I may be wrong - anyone?).

View Quote
Depending on where they bought in the 130's that would give them a 35-40% markup which, isn't insanely unbelievable.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
If I sold my 5 cans $ .31rnd I would double my money.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
There’s a store in Valdosta showing 3 cans.  Georgia people, get on it.  It’s just far enough away that it doesn’t make sense for me to drive to get them, especially considering the luck I’ve been having with inventory errors.  But if you’re within an hour, it might make sense to try
View Quote
I've been watching two cans about 75 miles away that were at $71.60 each.  I was going to make a trip if they dropped again, but apparently someone got them this morning.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 12:33:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Another price drop I see the lowest store @ $27.60 - 84% off lol
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Another price drop I see the lowest store @ $27.60 - 84% off lol
View Quote
$17.40/90% off at Leavenworth, KS.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#43]
There is one can left near me that is still at $89. It’s been that for 2 weeks now. I’m hoping it drops today after lunch.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 12:43:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
@1CHANCEPRO

Just giving you a hard time. I have a few local stores that show 2 I’m stock but they’re still $174. I’ll be on the east side this week for work. Hopefully I’ll get lucky, most of the stores are all dried up at this point. Glad you were able to snag a few. I tried to have Dick’s do the price match but no go. Thanks for the heads up!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@WingsFan86

Good luck!

Edit:

@1CHANCEPRO

The Gratiot store (go armed) has at least two cans visible, but they are still $174. Wish I had known about the price match angle while I was there...  good luck, git ‘em!
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 12:43:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Depending on where they bought in the 130's that would give them a 35-40% markup which, isn't insanely unbelievable.
View Quote
I guess.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Two cans in Indianola MS just dropped to $45.  Almost 100 miles from me, so I'm not risking driving that far as they might not be there.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

475 count
View Quote
1 store near me is already discounting the new sku at 25% offAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
1 store near me is already discounting the new sku at 25% offhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/248144/Screenshot_20190514-114855_png-944916.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

475 count
1 store near me is already discounting the new sku at 25% offhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/248144/Screenshot_20190514-114855_png-944916.JPG
That's not too far from me..  

But I won't.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 12:58:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
What sku #?
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What sku #?
View Quote
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top