BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"First Amendment auditors" exist because Youtube has a very lucrative monetization policy for anyone who undermines traditional Western civilization such as law enforcement.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly

"First Amendment auditors" exist because Youtube has a very lucrative monetization policy for anyone who undermines traditional Western civilization such as law enforcement.

Cop in California had the smart idea to play a mainstream song so they couldn't post it on YouTube without being flagged.

Smart.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:56:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Cop in California had the smart idea to play a mainstream song so they couldn't post it on YouTube without being flagged.

Smart.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly

Smart.

Even smarter is to be professional, polite, and follow the laws.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly

Smart.

We just ignore them.

They move on.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:36:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wow, some of you guys on the cop's side are crazy.  Yes, the auditor is probably a shitbag, however the COP is more of a shitbag.  Just because someone has a badge does not mean they get to assault someone.  I am seeing way too many of these videos anymore to think it's "just a few bad apples".  People in law enforcement must do more to be better at their jobs.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 11:04:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sometimes the police get it right, too. Here's a video where the business tried to escalate things by making false accusations about the auditor having a gun, and the police read her the riot act for it. She should have been charged in my opinion, but it's still a win and I'm happy the police involved were able to see what was really going on there, and identify who the actual aggressors were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSXj3lQSCH0

And for those that claim the auditors never post videos of the positive encounters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs4aKOzqSJU

The most amazing part about all if this is how many videos I had to sort through to find these two specific videos I was looking for. There are a LOT of videos out there documenting police interactions, both good and bad.

Seriously, don't just take my word for it. Do a search yourself and see how many hits pop up, both good and bad. It's a very long and deep rabbit hole to get lost in, but you can learn a lot of interesting legal trivia along the way.
View Quote

Audit the Audit is very fair and calls out where both sides mess up.  Last one I watched the auditor got an F and the officer an A.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 11:12:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Audit the Audit is very fair and calls out where both sides mess up.  Last one I watched the auditor got an F and the officer an A.
View Quote

I also like LackLuster, for the in-depth legal analysis he provides, along with all of the pertinent legal precedent and case names. He seems to be rather thorough and detailed in his research.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 11:17:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Do cops like the one in the video exist because of "first amendment auditors"?

Or do "first amendment auditors" exist because of cops like the one in the video?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To save everybody some trouble, it's a video by one of those "audits" douchebags.

Do cops like the one in the video exist because of "first amendment auditors"?

Or do "first amendment auditors" exist because of cops like the one in the video?

this.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 11:21:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Shitty cops can get fired.

Creepy fucking asshats who insist on trying to act like terrorists while recording folks trying to live their fucking lives can't.

In truth the cops should have never even been called here, because it should be perfectly legal for the people working in that building to come out and pummel the fucking jackass within an inch of his for refusing to leave.
View Quote

What happens if the guy standing around doesn't feel like getting beaten to death and decides to just shoot the people who attacked him?

Did you think about your scenario longer than it took to write it?   Doesn't seem like it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 11:28:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I haven’t watched the video, I won’t reward the morons who make it with the click revenue.

These same guys showed up in front of my workplace nearby a year or so ago. They were total jerks, asked leading questions and made veiled accusations trying to get a negative reaction for them to post online. Please don’t reward their behavior by helping them get paid for these videos.

I know the officer personally, I’ve done gun work for him. He’s a solid dude, a good man and this isn’t the first time he’s had to deal with these scumbags.
View Quote

@Red_SC
You should watch the video and see that he's not a "solid dude".

From the get go he is incredibly disrespectful and gets enjoyment from making people feel uncomfortable. When he's called on it, he becomes vindictive and violent.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 11:29:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Nothing has changed, there are cops who think that pummeling people who are exercising their freedom is ok.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 11:30:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Smart.
View Quote

Is that the same one who tried it in front of a city councilor then acted like a complete bitch when he realized he was about to get his shit packed in?
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 11:32:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder what people would say if someone posted a video of a cop acting like a douche only to have his face punched in by someone holding a camera.  I'll bet people would be calling for the puncher to be jailed for assault.  

But this cop assaults someone who isn't breaking the law and then deletes the video? And people on this board are ok with that?  
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 11:50:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Legally?   No.  Not even close.

Morally?  If I tell him not to and he keeps on doing it… kinda.

Morally when he’s acting like most of these “auditors”… i.e. harassing, annoying, and deliberately trying to provoke a response?  You damn betcha.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, if you walk up on some guy out filming in public, and he happens to film you while doing so, you think it's a-ok to kick his ass.

Got it.

Morally when he’s acting like most of these “auditors”… i.e. harassing, annoying, and deliberately trying to provoke a response?  You damn betcha.

Well. Enjoy your future run in with law enforcement, internet tough guy.

Or the CCW holder that plugs you for attacking him. Lol.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 11:56:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I also like LackLuster, for the in-depth legal analysis he provides, along with all of the pertinent legal precedent and case names. He seems to be rather thorough and detailed in his research.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those two are both better than most but both are also biased Lackluster much more in my opinion and it sure seems a lot worse than it used to. Unfortunately I think a lot of it including the click bait titles are just to drive views which I understand but it's annoying. Even Civil Rights Lawyer says it which seems like a contrast from his earlier videos that were fairly upbeat and pretty much just the facts.

I hate it when any of them start saying stupid stuff like bootlicker just like I hate it on here it just comes off as dumb to me. Derogatory nicknames and internet slang is annoying in general but we all get caught up in it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 12:10:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
my neck of the woods.

damn literally, this is one block from my work.  I take that road all the time.
View Quote

@somedude
Otis?
McLeod?
ATD?

Link Posted: 9/15/2022 12:22:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@somedude
Otis?
McLeod?
ATD?

View Quote

@SCPigpen

very close, but don't want to say public.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 12:34:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Those two are both better than most but both are also biased Lackluster much more in my opinion and it sure seems a lot worse than it used to. Unfortunately I think a lot of it including the click bait titles are just to drive views which I understand but it's annoying. Even Civil Rights Lawyer says it which seems like a contrast from his earlier videos that were fairly upbeat and pretty much just the facts.

I hate it when any of them start saying stupid stuff like bootlicker just like I hate it on here it just comes off as dumb to me. Derogatory nicknames and internet slang is annoying in general but we all get caught up in it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hadn't noticed the recent change in LackLuster's demeanor, but I don't regularly seek out these videos. I only watch them when they're posted here, or occasionally one will pop up in my recommendations that catches my eye.

I'm with you on not liking the derogatory terms so many tend to default to, regardless of whether they're talking about police officers, democrats, or the President himself. Debate the merits of their actions all you want, but to call them names is just childish and uncouth. It's extremely frustrating when people's crass remarks reflect poorly on our community as a whole.

People already think we're savages and barbarians as it is. We don't need them thinking we've regressed to being troglodytes.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 1:16:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well fine citizens of Florence, SC, do you enjoy being fucked by your police?

Because you're fucked.
View Quote

Florence County, SC has had a screwed up corrupt sheriff department for a long time, and it went all the way to the top to the sheriff himself.  And idiots kept re-electing this bastard.

From 2020:
https://www.dailydot.com/irl/sheriff-kenney-boone-beat-cat-baseball-bat-youtube-video/

2019:
https://www.fitsnews.com/2019/04/26/kenney-boones-arrest-the-fallout/

2018:
https://www.fitsnews.com/2018/09/04/what-in-the-hell-kenney-boone/

Florence is a real shithole, and this department is a reflection of the dirt bags who chose to keep them employed.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 1:27:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Florence is a ghetto shit hole
View Quote

Quoted:
So true, you've never seen your "friend" in a position of authority deal with one of his subjects. I would bet big money this isn't his first interaction that he didn't want video evidence of surfacing.

No big deal, even if he gets fired, Darlington County or Lee or Marion or Horry will be super excited to pick him up with a raise
View Quote

So true.  I go out of my way to avoid that county entirely.  The neighbors often have to deal with the scum they actually end up rejecting though.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 1:50:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 1:56:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

He's a professional, but the other guy shouldn't have put him in a position to violate his rights.
View Quote

"She shouldn't have worn that dress. She was asking to be raped!"
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 2:36:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, at least you're consistent.

A criminal defending criminal activity.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 2:50:32 AM EDT
[#23]
There is certainly enough evidence in that video to draw conclusions on everything.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 3:10:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Redneck sheriffs deputy, no surprise.

ALWAYS record your interactions with the police. They are not your friends.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 3:21:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
To save everybody some trouble, it's a video by one of those "audits" douchebags.
View Quote

Funny how they so often expose this type of behavior by cops. I don't think they are the problem here.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 3:22:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Shitty cops can get fired.

Creepy fucking asshats who insist on trying to act like terrorists while recording folks trying to live their fucking lives can't.

In truth the cops should have never even been called here, because it should be perfectly legal for the people working in that building to come out and pummel the fucking jackass within an inch of his for refusing to leave.
View Quote

Wasn't he on public property ? Why not just ignore him ?
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 3:25:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I watch these videos a lot. No doubt some of these guys are assholes but not all are. However, even the assholes still have rights. There are for sure some motivated by prior bad encounters with cops.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Financial motivation is one factor but I also think if you've dealt with shitty, unprofessional cops it's probably fun to be an annoying asshole to cops in general.

I watch these videos a lot. No doubt some of these guys are assholes but not all are. However, even the assholes still have rights. There are for sure some motivated by prior bad encounters with cops.

Same. I mostly watch Amagansett press. He is generally not an asshole. I've seen other videos from others that are very off putting and appear very confrontational. They aren't all equal with each other for sure.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 3:25:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Seems pretty cut & dry.

That officer needs to be fired.

Again, I'm amazed at how modern police keep failing these interactions with auditors.
View Quote

Makes you wonder how they treat everyone else that doesn't have a camera on.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 3:49:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Smart.
View Quote

One of these days the band will post it to their channel and make fun of him and his kids will get bullied for it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 3:59:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly

The best thing you can do is just ignore them completely afterwards.  They are in it for the attention so ignoring them drives them crazy.  When I worked at a courthouse we would have them show up occasionally.  The guys that got butthurt over them would get into a sprial of stupidity.  those of us that just ignored them never had problems.  

I had one try to start shit with me once and I just told him that since he was technically media I could not talk to him and referred him to our corporate PIO.  Then I turned away and went about my business.  He walked off to go bother someone else.

Edit:  Found the video.  I am the good looking guy in the mask.

(epic fail) Get Out NOW!!!!! FIRST AMENDMENT AUDIT FAIL

I thought it was really shitty the way he was messing with the Deputies.  I actually talked to the entire contingent of deputies at the court house not just the ones on the video about constitutional rights over the time I worked there and they were very pro citizen, pro constitution, and horrified by what has been happening in this country.  We are very lucky with our law enforcement in this area.  They have a reputation for being tough, but are also fair.  We had no problems during the BLM summer of love, just one or two minor protests and it was all because our local LEOs are by and large good cops.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 4:13:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Wow, some of you guys on the cop's side are crazy.  Yes, the auditor is probably a shitbag, however the COP is more of a shitbag.  Just because someone has a badge does not mean they get to assault someone.  I am seeing way too many of these videos anymore to think it's "just a few bad apples".  People in law enforcement must do more to be better at their jobs.
View Quote

It is just a few bad apples. The bigger problem is the much larger number of cops who'll stand by and permit this behaviour or help cover it up. How often do we see a cop completely over the line and another cop on the scene steps in to stop it? I think I've seen that once, ever (caught on video).
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 4:23:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Was he the employees husband?
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 6:09:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
There is certainly enough evidence in that video to draw conclusions on everything.
View Quote

What further evidence would you need to justify the deputy's actions as we saw in the video?
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 6:49:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Is that the same one who tried it in front of a city councilor then acted like a complete bitch when he realized he was about to get his shit packed in?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smart.

Not sure.

Auditors around here a basketcases that in one breath are all ACAB and in another calling for every little thing.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 6:50:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Do cops like the one in the video exist because of "first ammendment auditors"?

Or do "first ammendment auditors" exist because of cops like the one in the video?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do cops like the one in the video exist because of "first ammendment auditors"?

Or do "first ammendment auditors" exist because of cops like the one in the video?

Perfectly stated.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 6:51:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

One of these days the band will post it to their channel and make fun of him and his kids will get bullied for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smart.

Doubt it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 6:57:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The best thing you can do is just ignore them completely afterwards.  They are in it for the attention so ignoring them drives them crazy.  When I worked at a courthouse we would have them show up occasionally.  The guys that got butthurt over them would get into a sprial of stupidity.  those of us that just ignored them never had problems.  

I had one try to start shit with me once and I just told him that since he was technically media I could not talk to him and referred him to our corporate PIO.  Then I turned away and went about my business.  He walked off to go bother someone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPZtJJfWnbM

I thought it was really shitty the way he was messing with the Deputies.  I actually talked to the entire contingent of deputies at the court house not just the ones on the video about constitutional rights over the time I worked there and they were very pro citizen, pro constitution, and horrified by what has been happening in this country.  We are very lucky with our law enforcement in this area.  They have a reputation for being tough, but are also fair.  We had no problems during the BLM summer of love, just one or two minor protests and it was all because our local LEOs are by and large good cops.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly

God, I knew what they looked like before they showed themselves.

Stereotypes exist for a reason.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 6:57:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wow they were annoying
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 7:13:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Wow they were annoying
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow they were annoying

Very, and it was all an act.  Once the cameras were off they acted like normal  human beings.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 8:23:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

So the trouble he was asking for was being assaulted, arrested , and charged with 3rd degree assault for NOT violating the law?

Weird. Those guys are annoying douchebags, true, but they aren’t a threat to an orderly society like lying sack of shit cops.

(The overwhelming majority of police are regular good people and my comment isn’t a broad brush)
View Quote

Maybe so but isn’t that brush slowly getting wider?
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 8:32:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Deletion of body footage that obfuscates an investigation or complaint, whether accidental or deliberate, should carry a mandatory penalty of termination.  Zero tolerance.

And if it was on purpose it should be charged as a crime.
View Quote

Isn't tampering with evidence a crime?  IANAL
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the trouble he was asking for was being assaulted, arrested , and charged with 3rd degree assault for NOT violating the law?

Weird. Those guys are annoying douchebags, true, but they aren’t a threat to an orderly society like lying sack of shit cops.

(The overwhelming majority of police are regular good people and my comment isn’t a broad brush)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 8:51:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I wonder what people would say if someone posted a video of a cop acting like a douche only to have his face punched in by someone holding a camera.  I'll bet people would be calling for the puncher to be jailed for assault.  

But this cop assaults someone who isn't breaking the law and then deletes the video? And people on this board are ok with that?  
View Quote

There would be a 300 car parade for the officer.

.gov has to keep the perception of their henchmen on a pedestal.. muh heroes
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 8:58:58 AM EDT
[#44]
What is the "public easement" the auditor was on? In the video it looks like he's on the grass. If he was in the road I get it, but not the grass. Can people walk through your yard for a certain length if there are not sidewalks? Serious question.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 9:21:52 AM EDT
[#45]
SCOTUS has ruled that it is a protected 1A activity to film anyone/anything your eyes can see while on public property.

Doing so doesn't make someone an asshole.

Switch out filming with CCW and you should have a fucking clue.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 9:25:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
What is the "public easement" the auditor was on? In the video it looks like he's on the grass. If he was in the road I get it, but not the grass. Can people walk through your yard for a certain length if there are not sidewalks? Serious question.
View Quote
Depends on the state.

In NJ many properties have sidewalks in front, and there's a strip of property between the sidewalk and street that towns consider easements. Property owners can "own" that land, but it's technically public land in many cases.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 9:26:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Not sure.

Auditors around here a basketcases that in one breath are all ACAB and in another calling for every little thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not sure.

A lot of these guys are really bad people. One of the auditors that got popular a while ago was a registered sex offender and I think it was against a child but I’m not sure. I enjoyed his videos because he almost always started out polite and would try and explain/reason with the cops before getting confrontational. I don’t know if the algorithms dropped him or he stopped doing content because I haven’t seen his stuff in a while.
Quoted:

Someone earlier in the thread said they looked it up and he was on public property not an easement
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

A lot of these guys are really bad people. One of the auditors that got popular a while ago was a registered sex offender and I think it was against a child but I’m not sure.
View Quote

So we are going to call them all assholes because of one?  Gee, I thought that was frowned upon around here.  I guess it depends on who is getting painted.  Weird.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 9:39:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Lol, I’m not a cop, tried it about 15 ago, didn’t care for it.  In fact I’m bashing shitty cops in two other threads in GD right now.

I haven’t defended the cop in this thread.  Not once.  I just expressed my opinion that these “first amendment auditors” are scum, and that has a lot of folks here but hurt.

Again, for whole class since everyone wants to dance around the question but not actually answer it…. which right was the “auditor” here exercising?
View Quote

ITT we learn that DeltaElite believes that only enumerated rights exist, and has not read the 9th Am.

We have the right to be present in public spaces, to observe whatever can be observed from those spaces, and to record whatever we can observe from those spaces.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top