Site Notices
Page / 38
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You know she was getting the bunker buster in Africa
View Quote
What happens in Africa stays in Africa.......except for the AIDS of course.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:13:37 AM EDT
[#2]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Turns out I'm wrong about women peaking in their early 20's and guys peaking in their 30's.

Women’s desirability peaked at the youngest age possible to join the dating app — 18 — and declined until age 60. Men's desirability increased until 50.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2018/08/08/online-dating-study-quantifies-whats-out-of-your-league/?utm_term=.248972543186
Check out this lollercoaster

HuffPo: After 20 Years Of Marriage, I Discovered My Husband Was A Sugar Daddy

I thought I had it all: three beautiful kids, a CEO husband who took care of those beautiful kids when I traveled to East Africa to run a nonprofit, a big house in an affluent suburb in Silicon Valley, a vacation house at the lake. But little did I know what was going on behind my back or how radically my life would change when I discovered my husband’s secret.

My numbness gave way to a variety of other emotions: anger, disgust, shame. I called my husband and told him what I had found. “How could you do this?” I demanded. “How could you take another woman to that hotel that we had stayed in together? And why did you do this?” He didn’t answer my questions. He just told me it felt good to be appreciated by these women and claimed I had brought this on myself. Then he rubbed my face deeper in his cruelty by adding, “And I took her there because it’s a great hotel.”
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What kind of wife and mother leaves her family for extended periods of time to play the hero role in Africa? Not saying it is right for her husband to seek the affection of nubile golddiggers half the age of his wife but in this case I can certainly understand the frustration that would lead to that.
View Quote
Without much in the way of marketable skills other than yoga, I wonder what she was doing in E. Africa. Its kind of a hard place, even the nicer places like Dar, Zanzibar or Nairobi, and it calls for some hard marketable skills (EOD/demining, medical, aviator, logistics/comms, etc.) unless you're camping out in a NGO compound in a makework job drinking at 5 pm with 15 guys to every woman or chilling at a luxury hotel and commuting to the misery.

ETA: She was a weapons grade self-involved rich white California woman. We should be thanking our fucking lucky stars she's just doubling down on self involvement and not running for Congress.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:38:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What kind of wife and mother leaves her family for extended periods of time to play the hero role in Africa? Not saying it is right for her husband to seek the affection of nubile golddiggers half the age of his wife but in this case I can certainly understand the frustration that would lead to that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
White knighting

Why can’t a man chase younger women, something  nice, firm and beautiful

His wife probably had those floppy baloney tits and roast beef vagina lips that feel like sandpaper when you go in

No thanks buddy, it is right him going after young women
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ouch.

Hubby was a dick tho.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Turns out I'm wrong about women peaking in their early 20's and guys peaking in their 30's.

Women’s desirability peaked at the youngest age possible to join the dating app — 18 — and declined until age 60. Men's desirability increased until 50.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2018/08/08/online-dating-study-quantifies-whats-out-of-your-league/?utm_term=.248972543186

I thought I had it all: three beautiful kids, a CEO husband who took care of those beautiful kids when I traveled to East Africa to run a nonprofit, a big house in an affluent suburb in Silicon Valley, a vacation house at the lake. But little did I know what was going on behind my back or how radically my life would change when I discovered my husband’s secret.

My numbness gave way to a variety of other emotions: anger, disgust, shame. I called my husband and told him what I had found. “How could you do this?” I demanded. “How could you take another woman to that hotel that we had stayed in together? And why did you do this?” He didn’t answer my questions. He just told me it felt good to be appreciated by these women and claimed I had brought this on myself. Then he rubbed my face deeper in his cruelty by adding, “And I took her there because it’s a great hotel.”
Ouch.

Hubby was a dick tho.
Yeah, article is only one side of the story.  But there's some golden nuggets there.  She doesn't work, but he still cooks, does the laundry, and "mostly" shared kid-rearing.  Meaning he was mostly soccer dad too while she was running off doing whatever rich women do.  Then this monster clue right here: "He didn’t answer my questions. He just told me it felt good to be appreciated by these women and claimed I had brought this on myself."

She only said she was sagging... 20 years marriage, probably in her 40's.  She's also depressed and said they started fighting 3 years ago.  From what he said, he didn't do it because he likes banging pretty young women.  He did it because it feels good to be appreciated.  She didn't work (at least a real job), doesn't spend much time taking care of the kids, and from that comment didn't pay him much attention either.  She didn't have to work, she had a hubby that provided a lavish lifestyle, took care of the kids, and she's depressed.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Women have a short shelf life of usefulness
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
It’s shitty comments like that that got you cautioned to mind your manners. No need to be shitty.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 11:12:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yeah, article is only one side of the story.  But there's some golden nuggets there.  She doesn't work, but he still cooks, does the laundry, and "mostly" shared kid-rearing.  Meaning he was mostly soccer dad too while she was running off doing whatever rich women do.  Then this monster clue right here: "He didn’t answer my questions. He just told me it felt good to be appreciated by these women and claimed I had brought this on myself."

She only said she was sagging... 20 years marriage, probably in her 40's.  She's also depressed and said they started fighting 3 years ago.  From what he said, he didn't do it because he likes banging pretty young women.  He did it because it feels good to be appreciated.  She didn't work (at least a real job), doesn't spend much time taking care of the kids, and from that comment didn't pay him much attention either.  She didn't have to work, she had a hubby that provided a lavish lifestyle, took care of the kids, and she's depressed.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ouch.

Hubby was a dick tho.

Not sure which female member said it here, but men wished to feel respected and appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not sure which female member said it here, but men wished to feel respected and appreciated.
View Quote

Possibly me, and yes, in my experience that seems to be true most of the time.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 11:33:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
He was her sugar daddy also.  She married him, never worked, and was well taken care of.

Why should she be upset he got a younger model?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It’s shitty comments like that that got you cautioned to mind your manners. No need to be shitty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many average years can she procreate as compared to the number of years she lives?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How many average years can she procreate as compared to the number of years she lives?
View Quote
So fuck trophies are the measure of usefulness?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 12:57:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah but if he's not getting what he wants at home, the nubile gold diggers are likely a safe choice as they're less likely to go all fatal attraction on him.

We're only hearing one side of the story.  Most couples are willing to accept aging is not pretty, but her taking off and leaving him with the kids, doing the cooking when she doesn't have a job...those things point to the fact she's a bit on the selfish side and thinks he should love her because she's there and she doesn't have to contribute.

He obviously had some money so I'm guessing he didn't want to lose the kids...but who knows.
That thought crossed my mind but based on her self absorbed comments I'd guess she one of those who thinks sex is a means to an end not something she does because she enjoys it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not to me, because I don't want kids.

But I suppose in the grand scheme of things... yes.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's shitty comments like that that got you cautioned to mind your manners. No need to be shitty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's shitty comments like that that got you cautioned to mind your manners. No need to be shitty.
That's phrased badly, but there is a point to it.   If all someone brings to a relationship is youthful beauty, that fades.   People are capable of bringing more than that, but there are a significant number of people who think they will always be "beautiful" and they don't need to worry about anything else.   A lot of them tend to be ugly inside though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#17]
"Bunker Buster" lol..
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 1:13:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Usefulness of sex is probably percentages longer that usefulness of mating

By trophy you mean beauty?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
"Bunker Buster" lol..
View Quote
Tyrone and Jose, the black and Latino versions of Chad
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That thought crossed my mind but based on her self absorbed comments I'd guess she one of those who thinks sex is a means to an end not something she does because she enjoys it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah but if he's not getting what he wants at home, the nubile gold diggers are likely a safe choice as they're less likely to go all fatal attraction on him.

We're only hearing one side of the story.  Most couples are willing to accept aging is not pretty, but her taking off and leaving him with the kids, doing the cooking when she doesn't have a job...those things point to the fact she's a bit on the selfish side and thinks he should love her because she's there and she doesn't have to contribute.

He obviously had some money so I'm guessing he didn't want to lose the kids...but who knows.
Women crave sex even more than men, it’s just society’s trying to make the double standard a single standard
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That's phrased badly, but there is a point to it.   If all someone brings to a relationship is youthful beauty, that fades.   People are capable of bringing more than that, but there are a significant number of people who think they will always be "beautiful" and they don't need to worry about anything else.   A lot of them tend to be ugly inside though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And a lot of women are told that their looks are the most important thing about them, which is reinforced by a common male attitude of looks being one of the most important characteristics they consider in a partner. Many don’t care much (if at all) about education, hobbies, interests, even personality traits, and will give women a pass if they’re pretty.

Very few people think they will always be beautiful. A fair number don’t bother worrying about anything else because the rest of it doesn’t seem to matter. That can lead to ugly places.

Teach your children to be better, both the girls and the boys.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Probably doesn't put out....
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some people never worked on a personality or values cause they relied on their looks. Their character was something that wasnt needed.

As it is said, looks are skin deep, character is to the bone.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#24]
The woman has a shallow set of requirements and it seems the things she wants are indicative of her being a shallow person. He's got to be tall, he's got to be hot, must be cultured, and looks good in a suit? Come on. How about trying to find someone who's honest, caring, and fun to be around, and go from there.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My trophies are pretty useful- I’ve been working them all day.  They work cheaper than Mexicans.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 3:19:54 PM EDT
[#26]
I started to understand my single girlfriends’ wails when they’d come to me complaining about how they couldn’t find a boyfriend.
View Quote
You think they'd figure out the common denominator at some point.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I started to understand my single girlfriends’ wails when they’d come to me complaining about how they couldn’t find a boyfriend.
Their attitude?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

And a lot of women are told that their looks are the most important thing about them, which is reinforced by a common male attitude of looks being one of the most important characteristics they consider in a partner. Many don’t care much (if at all) about education, hobbies, interests, even personality traits, and will give women a pass if they’re pretty.

Very few people think they will always be beautiful. A fair number don’t bother worrying about anything else because the rest of it doesn’t seem to matter. That can lead to ugly places.

View Quote
Only partially related to the discussion, but I do think that people understate the importance of appearance to women. They don't care as much about it as men do, but it's still pretty much the most important thing to them.

I get a little frustrated when talking with my female friends about this stuff, because they'll talk about all the non-physical qualities they want in a guy, but when you watch what they do, they are extremely heavily influenced by appearance. They don't like to admit it, or feel like they aren't supposed to, but it's there. They really didn't appreciate it when I told them the way they talk about guys' height is a lot like how some guys talk about bra sizes... that didn't go over well. :-D
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ouch.

Hubby was a dick tho.
View Quote
Nah.  That dumb bitch leaves him with 3 kids so she can "go save the world" in africa?  I 100% support a guy cheating on a stupid libard like that.

Woulda been more honorable to just divorce her and move on, but with kids in the picture, honor takes a backseat.

Guarantee you this entitled lib puts out like once a month and expects him to be cool with that.  Lol
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Only partially related to the discussion, but I do think that people understate the importance of appearance to women. They don't care as much about it as men do, but it's still pretty much the most important thing to them.

I get a little frustrated when talking with my female friends about this stuff, because they'll talk about all the non-physical qualities they want in a guy, but when you watch what they do, they are extremely heavily influenced by appearance. They don't like to admit it, or feel like they aren't supposed to, but it's there. They really didn't appreciate it when I told them the way they talk about guys' height is a lot like how some guys talk about bra sizes... that didn't go over well. :-D
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you ask a girl how much she weighs she tells you that that’s superficial

I say just like a guys height?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is true. When I was young I was considered good looking. Even made money modeling when I was older. I had way more success with women than anybody I knew. It wasn't because of any good qualities I had. Maybe one thing helped. I could talk to women. Didn't know how to flirt but I could hold a conversation.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Nah.  That dumb bitch leaves him with 3 kids so she can "go save the world" in africa?  I 100% support a guy cheating on a stupid libard like that.

Woulda been more honorable to just divorce her and move on, but with kids in the picture, honor takes a backseat.

Guarantee you this entitled lib puts out like once a month and expects him to be cool with that.  Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ouch.

Hubby was a dick tho.

Oh, I bet she's a bitter bitch. But he could have divorced her, and saved his reputation.

The end result is the same, but its the amount of damage he sustained along the way.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 5:05:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nothing more needs to be said.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’m not as sure about that, but that’s just a personal opinion.

No disagreeing that appearance does factor in heavily, but not to the point where a large number of men get the idea that as long as they’re handsome, education, skills, talents, hobbies, and personality are just secondary attributes that don’t really matter. Men don’t often rely on their looks to let them skate through life, which says that appearance gets much less consideration for men.

OTOH, men quite often remark that education, hobbies, skills, and talents don’t really factor in when considering a woman. Personality matters a bit, but a lot of flaws will be glossed over if she’s pretty enough, suggesting that appearance matters more than personality, even though the former is temporary and the latter matters much more in a long term situation.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I’m not as sure about that, but that’s just a personal opinion.

No disagreeing that appearance does factor in heavily, but not to the point where a large number of men get the idea that as long as they’re handsome, education, skills, talents, hobbies, and personality are just secondary attributes that don’t really matter. Men don’t often rely on their looks to let them skate through life, which says that appearance gets much less consideration for men.

OTOH, men quite often remark that education, hobbies, skills, and talents don’t really factor in when considering a woman. Personality matters a bit, but a lot of flaws will be glossed over if she’s pretty enough, suggesting that appearance matters more than personality, even though the former is temporary and the latter matters much more in a long term situation.
View Quote
Sure, I don't want to come across like I'm saying it's the same. Looks matter more for women. Period. And that sucks for them, especially in the professional world.

My comments were more geared towards the dating arena, where guys are judged on looks considerably more than people generally admit. I also think that it's changed over time... I think women have become shallower (dudes always been shallow :-D )
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

My trophies are pretty useful- I’ve been working them all day.  They work cheaper than Mexicans.
View Quote
We’re not talking about the usefulness of the trophies. We’re all trophies. We’re talking about whether female usefulness is limited to being able to produce a trophy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 6:09:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’m not going so far as to call your female friends pieces of shit, but all my former female friends that were like that were pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Many don't care much (if at all) about education, hobbies, interests, even personality traits, and will give women a pass if they're pretty.
View Quote
Clarification: For who we want to raise kids with, everything matters, but sometimes the idea of getting laid changes what we prioritize in the very short term.

When I was single and nailing chics, looks were paramount, then body, then a tight snatch, then discretion.

I doubt that has changed for the young men of today.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Oh, women enjoy sex quite a lot. Much more than a lot of men seem to believe.
View Quote
My experience indicates that most women really enjoy sex...…………………...just not with me.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not to be "that guy" but nearly every chick that fucked a skeezy guy was a volunteer.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I’m not going so far as to call your female friends pieces of shit, but all my former female friends that were like that were pieces of shit.
View Quote
Actually, everyone in that particular conversation, I would say, is an extremely good person. They'd just never had the comparison drawn. I've not met many women under 5' 10" who are very interested in dating someone who's not taller (optimally more than a few inches) than they are. Taller women seem less concerned, out of necessity.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 6:36:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Clarification: For who we want to raise kids with, everything matters, but sometimes the idea of getting laid changes what we prioritize in the very short term.

When I was single and nailing chics, looks were paramount, then body, then a tight snatch, then discretion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many don't care much (if at all) about education, hobbies, interests, even personality traits, and will give women a pass if they're pretty.

For some, no doubt.

For many others, they seem to be afterthoughts if considered at all. Men who ignore blatantly obvious personality flaws, men who know nothing of their woman’s hobbies or interests, and of course study after study that show education/career accomplishments aren’t given positive weight in selection.

Anecdotal, but i’ve observed that often men differ very little in the way they seek out short term partners and long term partners. It seems more a case of they decide it’s time to settle down and do so with whoever they happen to be currently dating. And if they’ve always prioritized looks over everything else, they just keep on with that prioritization.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Not to be "that guy" but nearly every chick that fucked a skeezy guy was a volunteer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cant rape the willing.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

We’re not talking about the usefulness of the trophies. We’re all trophies. We’re talking about whether female usefulness is limited to being able to produce a trophy.
View Quote
Placeholder to think more about this. This is an argument that goes both ways.

Everyone sexually is a conquest, of some sort, I suppose. That said, what is marriage than a form of surrender?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Some people never worked on a personality or values cause they relied on their looks. Their character was something that wasnt needed.

View Quote
Can a person work on personality? If they can/do isn't that being fake?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 11:26:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Some men have the opinion that the only value a woman offers a man is sex and children. Companionship can be obtained via male friendship. Everything else he can provide for himself. It's a rather extreme position.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 11:33:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Actually, everyone in that particular conversation, I would say, is an extremely good person. They'd just never had the comparison drawn. I've not met many women under 5' 10" who are very interested in dating someone who's not taller (optimally more than a few inches) than they are. Taller women seem less concerned, out of necessity.
View Quote
This was my experience with online dating.  As an official manlet, at 5'8", I lost count of how many times I was told I was too short to date, or "I'm only interested in guys 5'11" or taller".  The thing that kills me, is all the women who thought that was ok, but if a guy said he only dated skinny women, he was some kind of giant asshole who deserved to be drawn and quartered.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 11:41:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This was my experience with online dating.  As an official manlet, at 5'8", I lost count of how many times I was told I was too short to date, or "I'm only interested in guys 5'11" or taller".  The thing that kills me, is all the women who thought that was ok, but if a guy said he only dated skinny women, he was some kind of giant asshole who deserved to be drawn and quartered.
View Quote
I saw lots of profiles that indicated there was a hard floor for height "I'm 5-7 and LOVE to wear heels" is female for better be 6'

I do remember one woman i was texting for a couple of days, was going good, we had mutual acquaintances and similar interests. Then she asked how tall i was. I answered honesty. I did not counter with my go to follow up of "how much do you weight?"

She replied with "sorry, it matters" and that was that.

About a year later she started following me on instagram and snap, liking all my pics, your basic social media female indications of interest. I'll be polite because of our mutual acquaintances but ill never ask her out again.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 12:39:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure they can.

People can change if they want too.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 4:25:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Some men have the opinion that the only value a woman offers a man is sex and children. Companionship can be obtained via male friendship. Everything else he can provide for himself. It's a rather extreme position.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're not talking about the usefulness of the trophies. We're all trophies. We're talking about whether female usefulness is limited to being able to produce a trophy.
Generally speaking society values 20 YO women above 70 YO women. Are we going to dance around and pretend that their reproductive potential isn't a very large portion of that calculation?

A similar trend is evident in regards to men as well.  BUT men are reproductively viable well into the 50's and 60's with modern medicine etc. So it's a less hard wall than for many women.
Page / 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top