User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 1:09:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I get page 4 as a bonus
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 4:51:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I get an annual bonus, comes after Christmas though.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 5:04:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 6:27:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Usually get a fifty dollar Visa card. Probably get it next week.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 6:34:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I gave two this year. $2k to my main laborer, and $500 to the lady that watches the kids after school.

When I was an employee only the foremen would get bonus checks.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 6:39:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am an estimator
View Quote

Absolutely the hardest position to fill right now due to the fact that it is the most thankless position and hardest on the employee mentally. No other job in the company yields a 10%, on average, success rate. 90% of your job is for nothing. If you feel that you aren’t being compensated fairly, either with a fair salary or a smaller salary and other benefits like bonuses to make up the difference, it’s time to move on. Especially if you have the experience you state. I can teach anyone to do a particular job. I cannot teach someone how to lose 90% of the time and then simply move on to the next project to bid and be OK mentally with that. Losing, most of the time, wears on you.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 6:40:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Been with the same company, basically, for 25 years.
We were small at the beginning, and yep, got a Christmas bonus every year.

Fast forward a few years, we get bought.  Christmas bonus became a huge dinner for employees and spouses with gifts.

Fast forward a few more years, we get bought again.  Christmas dinner for employees and spouses with gifts became a catered lunch during work hours for employees.

The bigger we get, the less we get.  Sigh.  At least I didn't get a pink slip yet...
View Quote

Sounds like my wife's company. The first year she worked there we went to the Christmas party at a country club. A band was flown in from NYC, trips to Disney were won, so much food and booze.

Then it turned into a semi-formal event with food and booze, but not as much flair and no giveaways, which was fine.

She's been there like 15 years now and this year she goes "Are you going to our Christmas party with me?" I told her sure, I usually do.

"Okay it's at 1pm on Friday".......What? Woman we are pouring 200 yards on Friday, I can't just take off for a Christmas lunch.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 6:46:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 6:57:20 AM EDT
[#9]
We have every year for 20 years but this year I really don’t know. The company pushed this months monthly meeting back to the 20th so sketchy for sure.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 7:04:33 AM EDT
[#10]
During the Great Recession my holiday bonus was keeping my job.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 7:20:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I got a Christmas layoff.  Gonna be my last christmas.
View Quote

Ummm....phrasing?
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#12]
We can pay out up to a month’s pay worth of overtime on the last check before Christmas. It’s a pretty good deal in my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 8:26:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Our company is so generous they are allowing us to bring in food for a potluck. They'll even provide electricity for the lights! Pricks couldn't even bring themselves to buy us lunch

We do get the week between Christmas and New Year's off (paid) so there is that
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:35:37 AM EDT
[#14]
I feel better now.

I've been working almost 20 years for companies that have all offered bonuses as "frequent" if not directly written in the contract. Despite getting universally perfect reviews, I got all of $250 15 years ago and a $200 gift card four years ago.

I remember my brother telling me about his $60K bonus the year I got $250.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:57:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Just got a $2800 bonus but I am pretty sure its for 2021 yearly bonus. Also, should get a 36,000 bonus or so for being Saudi but not sure when that will come in.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#16]
nope.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 11:14:23 AM EDT
[#17]
We are goverment so they got rid of our Christmas bonus a few years back and just gave everyone a raise that covered what they got.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#18]
$100 + $25 per year of service. This year I got $200...minus taxes.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#19]
I work for a mid-size DoD contractor for context.

I just happen to get a "spot bonus" almost every year between Thanksgiving and Christmas. They won't/can't call it a Christmas bonus for whatever reason which is fine by me. I had forgotten about it this year since last year I got promoted with a 30% raise during this same period instead of a bonus. Boss man called and I thought I had screwed something up- nope, $2k spot bonus.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Nope.  I’m retired and living the dream.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Damn right I'm getting a bonus. I also just gave out 120k in bonuses to my employees and bought them all Christmas dinners.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#22]
$2,500
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 2:27:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I didn't get laid off or fired, so I count that as my bonus.

Link Posted: 12/14/2022 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes.

I'm retired and just cut myself $10k for the holidays.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

You doing okay?
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#27]
A large company that I used to work for handed out Christmas turkeys to all employees one day.  Turns out that they had shopped for a “deal” and gave out all year (and more) old expired turkeys.  

That plant is now shuttered.  The company was once known for light bulbs and other things.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Don't ever know. I have in the past received a "end of the year" bonus. Depends on finances this year I suppose, which have not been great at work.

If I get one it will likely go toward whatever I end up owing the IRS, but that might also change this year due to the Biden economy. I might actually end up with a refund. All depends on what my investment funds made, or lost as the case may be.

Ay bonus could also go into my city and county property taxes, which I have always paid separately every year as opposed to having it escrolled into my mortgage - something I no longer have anyway.

Link Posted: 12/14/2022 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@ihon giving a “needy” family a pool is horrible.  “I know times are tough, so here’s a recurring maintence bill.”
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Our company Christmas party is this Thursday.  We get a $150 steak dinner and open bar at a nice steakhouse.  Spouses are invited, particularly since I need a DD. I'm going to see what $50 a glass bourbon taste like. I've had $100 bottles, but we'll see how obnoxious a drink I want to order. I think I saw a $75 glass of bourbon on the menu.  We'll see what the bonus is, but the owner is extremely generous and has done well over the past few years.  He gave away a pool this year to a needy family.  So getting a bonus definitely isn't a problem.

I moved to this company I'm at in March.  I've already gotten a $500 bonus for Thanksgiving and a $1500 bonus for a project completion.  We get our lunch paid for every Friday.  I am 100% commission on the design/sales of pools/landscape for custom homes.  While there are problems at the company, I'll also make nearly twice as much as I did at my last place and feel appreciated.  So it's been a good move for me.  Just feeling appreciated and the same pay was all I was after, but I'll take double the money.  I am absolutely amazed at companies (or I should say business owners) that don't value good people, treat you like shit, and are surprised when you leave.      

@ihon giving a “needy” family a pool is horrible.  “I know times are tough, so here’s a recurring maintence bill.”

@WTAW The owner of my company is legit and threw in the maintenance as well.  When I say needy, we mean a school teacher, foster parents, etc. that can afford to maintain a pool, but maybe not afford to buy a new pool ($50K).  Not needy in the sense they need food and we gave them a pool.  I should say we renovated a needy family's pool.  Family bought the house with an existing pool 10 years ago or so.  Husband killed himself and left the wife & daughters.  The pool interior was failing and pool deck wasn't much to look at.  We renovated the backyard and added a shade structure, synthetic lawn, etc.  I'm not sure how they were picked or how we heard of them.  But I donated my design time & helped pickout materials for them.  Some of our suppliers donated materials (Aquabella Tile for one).  We are aware we sell luxury items, and aren't afraid of spreading the love.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:01:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Next week. Amount unknown as of yet.

Hopefully enough to cover my black Friday purchases

We usually get them twice a year.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:04:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Supposed to. Should be about one paycheck. Didn’t get one last year as you have to be there a year before you’re eligible. I was there 9 months last Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:18:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
We can pay out up to a month’s pay worth of overtime on the last check before Christmas. It’s a pretty good deal in my opinion.
View Quote

Please explain that in a way I can get my thick head around.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Been with the same company, basically, for 25 years.
We were small at the beginning, and yep, got a Christmas bonus every year.

Fast forward a few years, we get bought.  Christmas bonus became a huge dinner for employees and spouses with gifts.

Fast forward a few more years, we get bought again.  Christmas dinner for employees and spouses with gifts became a catered lunch during work hours for employees.

The bigger we get, the less we get.  Sigh.  At least I didn't get a pink slip yet...
View Quote

Sounds like you are clark griswald from Christmas vacation.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#34]
I run a small residential renovation company. I have two guys that work for me full time. I gave them each $500 before Black Friday this year. They were pretty happy. Wish I could have done $1,000.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Yea 2 with my company. I should get a 100 gift card. And be happy with my "above company average" raise of 3%. Had they given me what the comp president wanted I would have quit on the spot. .3% "raise" my manager had to fight for a 3% since I do a lot of work outside my role.

My company does $50 for each year topped at 250.

Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#36]
$20.

Plus, we are paid for six holidays a year whether we work them or not.  Christmas and New Year's Day will be paid out at 4.3 hours a day.  I'm not working them, but 30-40% of the company is.  At my rate it's $930 a day.

The Christmas party at the aircraft hangar was done away with decades ago.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I give the bonuses.

One guy got a take down recurve bow he's been talking about. The other, a Bosch jig saw and extra batteries he's been wanting.
Office lady who works about 8- 10 hours a month got $100 and a bottle of wine. I pay her cash all year long.
Friday night, I take everyone and spouses to dinner on me.
View Quote

You’re a solid guy.  Well done.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:37:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hell I don't even get paid holidays or vacation. I've been in the electrical trade to long to deal with this shit. Bare with me I'm in a shit mood today.  Lol

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3025/FB_IMG_1670953805523_jpg-2634065.JPG
View Quote

They buy us a plate of Chinese food.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Self employed, so no.  

But clients generally want to get stuff done before the end of the year, so I write a lot of business in Dec.  So, sorta.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:40:47 PM EDT
[#40]
After the level of busy I have been this year, I friggin’ hope so.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Self employed, so no.  

But clients generally want to get stuff done before the end of the year, so I write a lot of business in Dec.  So, sorta.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:43:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Nope.

Unless you count extra work.

Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:46:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Last Friday the company had our Christmas party, I was presented with my 35 year plaque,
also  check for $500.00.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You doing okay?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You doing okay?

@wormgod

Don't be saying shit like that man, you got a lot of people here willing to talk you just have to reach out.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 11:11:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Ya I was pretty happy. Because we're an ESOP it's limited in how much they give now but I got an extra 650, and a 50 buck gift card and they catered Chick fil A. We also got to leave at lunch and were paid for the rest of the day.

All and all it was nice. Especially considering the year we have had, and the gloomy outlook next.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 2:01:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Yep last one.  We sold out to a National woke ass company. No more Bonuses or Christmas parties.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 2:13:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Yeah, both programs I work for give them.  One place just gives everyone $200 no matter how long you've been there or what your work habits are.  The second place gives them based on length of service, attendance, number of staff meetings attended and overall attitude.  I "usually" get around $2,500.  It ain't a whole lot but it beats a sharp stick in the eye and I spend the money on gifts for friends and family.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 2:35:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Our company is so generous they are allowing us to bring in food for a potluck. They'll even provide electricity for the lights! Pricks couldn't even bring themselves to buy us lunch

We do get the week between Christmas and New Year's off (paid) so there is that
View Quote

This. Potlucks are the biggest scam around. Company wants to save some semblance of face and then asks employees to buy the food. I loathe this crap with a passion.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 2:51:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Nope.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 2:51:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I don't think I ever had a work Christmas party.
View Quote

Lucky
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top