BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:09:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seppala Siberian Sled dogs.  Similar to Siberian Huskies, they were first bred by Leonhard Seppala, the sled dog driver famous for his part in the 1925 serum run to Nome, AK to stop an outbreak of diphtheria.  His lead dog, Togo, was the origin of his breed.  Always bred as working dogs, not show dogs, there isn't much use for them now.  From what I understand, they aren't really ideal for the Iditarod race, and a lot of people just use snow machines.  It's a pretty cool connection to a famous time in Alaskan history, but it is dying out.

Seppala Kennels
View Quote

Togo is, easily, one of the two or three best animals that's ever lived, full stop.  Read The Cruelest Miles some time, makes the recent Disney movie seem extremely tame in comparison.

That said, Spitz type sled dogs are generally shitty as pets unless you live on a hundred fenced acres way up North.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:14:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There's a lotta heeler in there for 57...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
There's a lotta heeler in there for 57...

We got her free from a cattle farmer. He said she’s a heeler mix. She’s frickin wired tight. She kills any damn thing that comes in our yard. She then brings it to us and drops it at our feet. Squirrels, cats, possums, a coon once(think she learned a lesson on that one)
Other than that she just wants to run and have her belly rubbed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:16:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If I can make a suggestion, find another pup now.  He won't replace your Guinness, but it will make the transition much easier (not easy though) when your old fella's time comes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In defense of the Cocker Spaniel; mine was the best bird dog I ever saw.  He'd point, flush and retrieve upland game birds all day, every day when he was young.  Unfortunately, his hunting days are long past him.  In his old age, he watches over my son and plays with him as much as he can.  Sure, he needs to be groomed once every six weeks, but he's the smartest, bravest little dog I ever met.  My remaining time with him is pretty short, and it breaks my heart knowing that.  

His name is Guinness.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51455/20190603_190115-1381007.jpg

If I can make a suggestion, find another pup now.  He won't replace your Guinness, but it will make the transition much easier (not easy though) when your old fella's time comes.

This is very,very good advice.  We got Kelce as a pup (gsd) a few weeks before our ten yr old golden had to be put down.  Having that pup is about all that kept my wife from going down a deeeep rabbit hole of depression.

Always have a spare dog.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:19:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pure breds in general seem to be declining.  Sad, because generations of work go into breeding specific, refined physical and mental capabilities.  I'm a breed snob.  Each breed exists for a reason.

View Quote

I think a lot of that has to do with the stupid "designer dog" crap started a number of years ago. Lets take 2 breeds, mix them and call them whatever 'cute' name we can think of and charge more than a true purebred.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:24:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My wife wants a Cavalier King Charles. Im surprised they are 18. I have only known one person who has them but never been around them. Afraid to get into something without knowing much about it. My Golden is awesome..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See what I mean?...

Frenchies at #4?

The Cavalier King Charles at #18? Those are NOT easy dogs to find.

Chihuahuas down at #33 and Am-Staffs at #85? Not even close.

My wife wants a Cavalier King Charles. Im surprised they are 18. I have only known one person who has them but never been around them. Afraid to get into something without knowing much about it. My Golden is awesome..

Golden's are best non GSD dog, and maybe best dog period.

I am biased.  I love my gsd pup and my wife's schutzhund dogs.  But I've said more than once during some ridiculous multidog fracas roiling through the house that we could just have gotten goldens and all be relaxing with a book..
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:32:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yep, the majority of replies in this thread show folks equating breed with registration and appearance rather than how it functions. There is a HUGE difference between the existence of dogs on a registry and the existence of dogs who can perform the functions of that breed.

ETA- when large numbers of dogs within a breed cannot perform adequately- the breed is dying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A breed can exist, even in large numbers and still be “dying”.

Breed is about function as much or more than looks.

Both Poodles and Dobermans are good examples. How many Poodles are found in duck blinds? How many Dobermann MWDs or police dogs are there?

Even if there are thousands and thousands of “pure bred” Poodles, the breed is dead by any practical measure. Same with Dobermans and no doubt many other breeds.

This most breeds are a severely watered down version of what they were originally bred for, most people would be horrified of owning a real Rottweiler, German shepherd. The so called East German ddr types that fucks think are the real deal are soft compared to the original.

Yep, the majority of replies in this thread show folks equating breed with registration and appearance rather than how it functions. There is a HUGE difference between the existence of dogs on a registry and the existence of dogs who can perform the functions of that breed.

ETA- when large numbers of dogs within a breed cannot perform adequately- the breed is dying.

In that case, GSDs are fucked, lol.  

All three of ours were sired by IGP titled males, 2 from the same dad, who has his IGP3.  Man it fucking shows, working GSDs are nuts.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:34:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Boykin Spaniel. Never thought I’d have a spaniel, but was looking for a duck hunting buddy that was smaller than a lab. Ended up with a Boykin Spaniel. Awesome little dogs. They are still hard to find but becoming more popular as a retriever due to their drive vs size. She is a silly, loving, retrieving machine. I’ve watched her put a couple labs to shame in the field.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:37:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We’ve had Cairn Terriers for 30 years, couldn’t imagine life without one. This is Carson, our latest. So much character and courage in a small dog, Carson’s two best friends are a 115 pound Rott and an 85 pound lab. They chase and wrestle constantly and he holds his own, all 20 pounds of him. He also has decided he’s a squirrel dog and will tree them and stay with them tracking them from tree to tree and constantly alerting if he can see them. I plan to take him squirrel hunting this fall.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/67156/5671E402-3274-4DF2-8E28-8B902431CFFA-1050933.jpg

For those that love to put down AKC show dogs, his mom was best Cairn at the Westminster dog show last year.  He has been absolutely flawless. He potty trained in about three days and works off lead very well, just a great well behaved dog.
View Quote

@RobertL

Cool looking dog!  Similar to a Scottish terrier?  Post more pics.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:38:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Pekinese dogs seem to be rare now.  I never met one I liked.

Someone mentioned a Gordon Setter.  The last time I saw one was around 1996.  I could have brought that one home, the owners couldn't take it on a move out of state.

When I was a kid the annual three day fox hunt out on Elk Creek in northern Wright County Missouri was lots of fun.  Carnival, music, square dancing.  The fox hounds were shown Saturday evening, followed by a hunt.  Folks came from all over, that's where I met String Bean when I was in first or second grade.

A friend owns a Tervuren that he competes in tracking meets.  That is a neat dog, and he is a dedicated trainer.

Here's Winston -

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/348/1573435811079-1156687.jpg

He's happy in a new home in KC that SpleenlessDave helped find last year.  Good dog, but my daughter has her hands full without him.
View Quote

Pekes are very much their owner's dogs. They know who is and isn't in their family, and they behave differently depending upon who is around.

If you're an outsider, they're just another little dog. If they know you as family, they become zany little live action cartoon characters.

They're too small for my tastes, and I don't like it when people doll them up all weird, but I understand why some people love the breed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:40:13 PM EDT
[#10]
English Bulldogs don’t seem very common.  So ugly about the only enduring quality is some people feel sorry for them.  Pretty sure so deformed they can not give birth unassisted.

Brothers-in-law have had 3 Cockers and a Springer, my uncle had 2 cockers.  Not a good dog in the bunch.  I think brother-in-laws husky might be an ok dog.  Stepson’s girlfriend does have a good springer.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:43:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I always wanted either a Rottie or a Doberman over a GSD. Good friends of mine paid big $$$ for a bloodline GSD, had him "trained" at Petco and he's as sharp as a bag of wet hair.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The kind of people wanting a good German working dog and are willing to pay for it buy a GSD.

So most of the buyers for rotts and Dobermans are poors who can't save up $2k+ for a dog, and they get shittily bred dogs from other poors.

Sucks because both breeds are great dogs when well bred.

I always wanted either a Rottie or a Doberman over a GSD. Good friends of mine paid big $$$ for a bloodline GSD, had him "trained" at Petco and he's as sharp as a bag of wet hair.

Lol,

Training a GSD at Petco is like training to race real cars by playing Mario kart.

Like I said, rotties and dobies are cool ass dogs when bred right.  Hell for that matter so are GSDs.  Lots of absolutely shit bred GSDs out there too.

IGP is dominated by shepherd breeds but rotties and dobermans can be competitive if you really want that lifestyle.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:48:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I want Dobermans or Rottweilers but I have 3 kids, 2 young girls 3 and 6.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Dobermans and Rottweilers don't seem to be as common anymore.
View Quote

Millennial hipster bitches don’t like big scary dog.

My Porter.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:04:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The kind of people wanting a good German working dog and are willing to pay for it buy a GSD.

So most of the buyers for rotts and Dobermans are poors who can't save up $2k+ for a dog, and they get shittily bred dogs from other poors.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depending on what you’re looking for, Dobermans are running $2,400-$3,000.

And you’ll have to drive 500 miles to get it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:06:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Cocker's are a nightmare breed. So inbred they are dumber than shit and have lots of health problems. They should die out. My BIL has one it barely remembers how to breathe!
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:09:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@RobertL

Cool looking dog!  Similar to a Scottish terrier?  Post more pics.
View Quote

@drew5337

Very similar but smaller.

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:27:29 AM EDT
[#17]
I haven't seen one in ages, my first dog was a Gordon Setter.  I have only known two other people who owned them.  Growing up, our neighbors used to breed, train and hunt with them.  Jake was the runt of the litter and was going to be killed.  When he was just born, he could fit in your shirt pocket.  My parents paid $100 for him I think, maybe 1990???  My parents place is on an acre and half is pasture, we grew up with farms and fields behind the "neighborhood".  That dog loved to run, pointed like no other, stealing dirty underwear and bit everyone in my family at one point in his life.  Extremely protective of our place and family.  Loved taking him out back to flush pheasants, and quail.  Caught several birds in flight, squirrels, jack rabbits, and was lean, even though he was self-fed and had access to food 24/7.  HATED water, rain, etc.  Other than the neighbors, I had a boss back in high school who had one.  I love watching a good bird dog hunt upland game.  Damn dog had a track/path around the perimeter of our property and would sprint laps.  I hated brushing him out, luckily his feathers weren't too long.

We're on our 3rd Lab, having put down our black lab 12/23/2018.  My avatar and our current dog turns 10 in August, so we know she's in her senior years.  We are a Lab family and have been looking for another black female, but prefer the American versus English lab, as my last came from good hunting lines and is exactly what I want out of the new pup.  I cannot imagine being without a dog, but it kills me having to say goodbye.  Yes, we have both previous labs cremated and on the mantle. My kids are 3 & 5 and it's gonna be brutal when this one crosses that bridge.

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:57:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I’m actually surprised by the lack of full size poodles.  They are great, smart dogs for the most part.  I think ppl believe you are required to get the stupid poodle cut all the time though.

Rotties are definitely in the downturn, but also good dogs if trained properly.

I agree with the cocker spaniel.  Worthless dogs.

I dont see many beagles around here either.  Used to be quite a few when I grew up.
View Quote

Poodles are proud German hunting dogs.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 1:43:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I haven't seen one in ages, my first dog was a Gordon Setter.  I have only known two other people who owned them.  Growing up, our neighbors used to breed, train and hunt with them.  Jake was the runt of the litter and was going to be killed.  When he was just born, he could fit in your shirt pocket.  My parents paid $100 for him I think, maybe 1990???  My parents place is on an acre and half is pasture, we grew up with farms and fields behind the "neighborhood".  That dog loved to run, pointed like no other, stealing dirty underwear and bit everyone in my family at one point in his life.  Extremely protective of our place and family.  Loved taking him out back to flush pheasants, and quail.  Caught several birds in flight, squirrels, jack rabbits, and was lean, even though he was self-fed and had access to food 24/7.  HATED water, rain, etc.  Other than the neighbors, I had a boss back in high school who had one.  I love watching a good bird dog hunt upland game.  Damn dog had a track/path around the perimeter of our property and would sprint laps.  I hated brushing him out, luckily his feathers weren't too long.

We're on our 3rd Lab, having put down our black lab 12/23/2018.  My avatar and our current dog turns 10 in August, so we know she's in her senior years.  We are a Lab family and have been looking for another black female, but prefer the American versus English lab, as my last came from good hunting lines and is exactly what I want out of the new pup.  I cannot imagine being without a dog, but it kills me having to say goodbye.  Yes, we have both previous labs cremated and on the mantle. My kids are 3 & 5 and it's gonna be brutal when this one crosses that bridge.

View Quote

Here is my Airedale Gator, at about 6 months, practicing his K9 Jujitsu on my second Gordon.
The Gordon was put down long ago, and Gator is 12 now and still in good health except for cataracts.

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 2:00:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I haven't seen an Irish Setter in ages.
View Quote

They are out there but the show line trash have bred the working lines out of existence.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 2:04:27 AM EDT
[#21]
IMHO Disney is responsible for the destruction of many fine dog breeds.
This movie caused the indiscriminate breeding that ruined the Irish Setter, and turned the breed into brainless imbeciles for decades:
https://movies.disney.com/big-red

Lady and the Tramp did the same for the Cocker Spaniel (Lady), but less so the Airedale (Tramp).

Beethoven placed Saint Bernard's in homes unprepared for them.
And we all know the carnage of 101 Dalmatians.

But sadly many breeds are dying from neglect, simply because the jobs that they are bred to do either aren't needed anymore, or are not P.C.
Hunting dogs, ratters, herding dogs, guard dogs.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 2:22:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/UqLg1Rq.jpg

My wife and I adopted a retired racer a couple months ago.

Theres going to be a flood of dogs available when the Florida tracks close by the end of the year. Our local adoption group got 5 in today.

Shes been an absolutely great dog so far, we want a second.
View Quote

Great looking dog
The retired race dogs struck something in me around 2016ish
I can't see life without one (or more) and of course you have to collect all the colors lol
We started collecting siblings, half siblings and everything else
If you follow the pedigrees at all it gets fun too, there's a great online database that traces them back 100+ years
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 8:45:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Great looking dog
I can't see life without one (or more) and of course you have to collect all the colors lol
If you follow the pedigrees at all it gets fun too, there's a great online database that traces them back 100+ years
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/UqLg1Rq.jpg

My wife and I adopted a retired racer a couple months ago.

Theres going to be a flood of dogs available when the Florida tracks close by the end of the year. Our local adoption group got 5 in today.

Shes been an absolutely great dog so far, we want a second.

Great looking dog

Nice to see another Grey guy here. I've noticed it seems to be majority women that are interested in Grey's.

We've really fallen in love with the breed. We became interested in them because I'm allergic to dogs but all the hypoallergenic dogs are either small or just something I had no interest in.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 8:53:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This post is brought to you by CoronaBoredom.

I really don't like Cocker Spaniels. They're living breathing mops that just look stupid. Stupid dumb little shits that require haircuts. Dogs shouldn't require haircuts.

Saw one today being walked by an older guy and got to thinking - everyone I know that has one is older. They do not seem to be popular with younger generations.

Is the breed dying out in popularity?

And what other breeds don't seem to be popular anymore that once were?

Shepherds, the american urban hyena, labs, and -doodle (lol you have a stupid dog name) variants seem to be going strong.

View Quote
in michigan field bred american cockers are a thing. I never knew the point of them but they're badass woodcock hunting dogs.

Off top of my head I cant think of any dogs that were recently popular and are now unpopular. Maybe english bulldogs.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have a female black mouth cur. Nobody knows what she is and seem perplexed by her. Dog places don't even have her breed in the system. I've met one other person with a  black mouth cur in the 4 years I have owned her.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/335547/EC31B3E6-6BBD-41C9-A993-250A437F4D36-1204984.jpg
View Quote

They’re all over the place down here as working dogs. Not unusual as pets either.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have a female black mouth cur. Nobody knows what she is and seem perplexed by her. Dog places don't even have her breed in the system. I've met one other person with a  black mouth cur in the 4 years I have owned her.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/335547/EC31B3E6-6BBD-41C9-A993-250A437F4D36-1204984.jpg
View Quote

I’ve got one. They are more popular down south.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Boykin Spaniel. Never thought I’d have a spaniel, but was looking for a duck hunting buddy that was smaller than a lab. Ended up with a Boykin Spaniel. Awesome little dogs. They are still hard to find but becoming more popular as a retriever due to their drive vs size. She is a silly, loving, retrieving machine. I’ve watched her put a couple labs to shame in the field.
View Quote

I am seriously thinking about a Boykin for my next dog.

We have two, one an English Lab and my poodle.

The lab is 13 and we will be needing a new dog in the next few years...
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

sadly this, I used to own a few Rotts, once had a GREAT Rottweiler, best dog I ever had, but they are very prone to cancer.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
American Fox Hound. I've seen 2 in my life and I have owned them bothhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/117398/20200102_120023_jpg-1380969.JPG
View Quote

you need to go to Virginia to one of the "Blessing of the hounds" events.

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:45:38 AM EDT
[#31]
I've got 2 dogs, one of which is a beautiful Rhodesian Ridgeback female I've had since she was a pup.

Ridgebacks have had the opposite, a popularity boom.

She's coming up on 9 years old. When we took her out in public when she was 1-2 years old, she was almost a celebrity. We'd be stopped every few minutes by someone asking what breed she was because of the distinctive ridge. Even the people that knew what Ridgebacks are generally hadn't seen one in person. They were a rarity.

Now, while still not an extremely common breed - I know of at least a dozen fairly close to me, and everyone knows what they are.

My old girl is coming up on the end, my wife and I are talking hard about getting another Ridgy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:50:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My grandmother bred dobermans in Germany, and I never knew it til I was in my 20s. Then one day she whipped out a photo album of all these show-quality dogs like "oh yeah I used to do this"

Agreed, both of those have lost favor. Those are '90s dogs. Both are great breeds.
View Quote

Blame lawyers and home insurance. You can't get a homeowners policy if you own a doberman.

https://quotewizard.com/home-insurance/dog-breed-insurance-rates
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:05:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
English Bulldogs don't seem very common.  So ugly about the only enduring quality is some people feel sorry for them.  Pretty sure so deformed they can not give birth unassisted.

View Quote

There's an English Bulldog in our neighborhood and when on walks the owners take a little cart with them in case the dog finally gets too winded. The labored breathing of a casual walk can be heard a few houses away.

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:08:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:17:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Irish setter, had one as a kid and couldn’t tell you the last time I saw one.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:18:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Blame lawyers and home insurance. You can't get a homeowners policy if you own a doberman.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My grandmother bred dobermans in Germany, and I never knew it til I was in my 20s. Then one day she whipped out a photo album of all these show-quality dogs like "oh yeah I used to do this"

Agreed, both of those have lost favor. Those are '90s dogs. Both are great breeds.

You absolutely can. You just have limited options.

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Togo is, easily, one of the two or three best animals that's ever lived, full stop.  Read The Cruelest Miles some time, makes the recent Disney movie seem extremely tame in comparison.
View Quote

Great dog and musher!  I have read many books on the 1925 Serum Run to Nome and THE CRUELEST MILES by cousins Gay Salisbury and Laney Salisbury is the best of the bunch!  Just read Togo's Fireside Reflections and you are left with the impression Togo and Leonhard Seppala were two of a kind.  They loved adventure and the unknown at a time when there were no cell phones, satellite phones, 911 or search and rescue with all weather helicopters to save your sorry ass because you failed to plan for the worst case and made poor decisions at -60°F!
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:28:55 AM EDT
[#38]
"No, Jake from State Farm, this isn't a GSD. It's an Alsatian"

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:41:30 AM EDT
[#39]
I always avoided that event. It was mostly gawkers.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:49:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Dogs that need hair cuts were, mostly, bred for hunting game where that coat served a purpose.

As pets they may appear to be fussy and high maintenance, but the origins of these breeds were mostly pragmatic decisions to help the dog do a task.

That means some of them are a royal pain as a pet, so their popularity comes and goes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Airedales.   Unless the trend changes, they will be an exotic breed in the next 20 years.  

I'm doing my part here by raising one now, and if I out live him, I will get another.   But, over the last 30 years, the numbers have been dropping like a rock.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Designer Dog Breeds

Some of them of really adorable like Pomskies but who pays $2k for a mutt ?!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any breed of dog that has doodle in it is a mutt. Mostly good dogs but still a mutt.

Designer Dog Breeds

Some of them of really adorable like Pomskies but who pays $2k for a mutt ?!
I love my Cockapoos.
My little girl loves the outdoors, not afraid of gun shots and has taken animals bigger than her.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:55:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It's been a few decades since I've seen a Newfoundland.
View Quote
My parents have eight....
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#44]
You do not see many English setters, Brittany spaniels, or Irish setters.

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:07:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's been a few decades since I've seen a Newfoundland.

Good God!

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#46]
I paid $3k for Titan 18 years ago. He was an amazing dog.

Attachment Attached File

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
don't see pointerpoodles much if at all... Will be my next dog. Poodle mix breed dogs are great.
View Quote

Are you talking about a pudelpointer?  Because it isn’t a mix of a poodle and a pointer...it is it’s own thing.  Great versatile hunting dogs that you don’t see very often in the US.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:45:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Inbred Border Collies are very popular with the Amish around here.
View Quote

Blue Heelers and Jack Russell Terrorists around here.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 4:47:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I've got 2 dogs, one of which is a beautiful Rhodesian Ridgeback female I've had since she was a pup.

Ridgebacks have had the opposite, a popularity boom.

She's coming up on 9 years old. When we took her out in public when she was 1-2 years old, she was almost a celebrity. We'd be stopped every few minutes by someone asking what breed she was because of the distinctive ridge. Even the people that knew what Ridgebacks are generally hadn't seen one in person. They were a rarity.

Now, while still not an extremely common breed - I know of at least a dozen fairly close to me, and everyone knows what they are.

My old girl is coming up on the end, my wife and I are talking hard about getting another Ridgy.
View Quote

I've never seen one myself.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 7:43:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14611/2B26553F-A2EB-4F15-83BF-5ACC4431188C_jpe-1382219.JPG

View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14611/2B26553F-A2EB-4F15-83BF-5ACC4431188C_jpe-1382219.JPG

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. That’s an old boy! You got some good years out of that hound.

Mine was worth every penny... The day week we brought him home.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top