Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]
The funny thing is the crackheads still have shit loads of drugs, including by prescription, which you pay for for them.

But you can't have access to medication because there's too many crackheads. And we've made up this narrative that they were productive upstanding people until they went to the dentist one day and got a tramadol prescription.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe an area thing?  My doctor gave two prescriptions for oxycodone within 10 days of each other.  Haven't even opened the second one yet.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:02:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Last time I had heavy duty dental work done I got heavy duty stuff. Dilaudid I think?

Tramadol was OTC at the time if that gives you an idea of how long ago it was.

I can't imagine how much that sucks OP. Ouch.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can you give details? I'm curious what they are doing that makes dentists not be able to
View Quote

Being allowed but being under a good deal of scrutiny for simple opiate prescriptions is what is going on.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]
It all depends on the Dr writing the prescription. I have cancer that originated in my intestines and metastasized to my liver; some days I go to the bathroom a lot and over the counter medication doesn't always cut it. My GI refuses to write me a prescription for more serious meds to control the diarrhea. Luckily, my primary care guy is willing to; thanks war on drugs.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:10:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The dentist can give you a small quantity of anything. It's not the dea. He can write dilaudid if he wants.
View Quote

It's the DEA.  Most are deathly afraid of them, and prescribing them in some states has become a colossal and time consuming pain in the ass for them.  

Not to mention the corner cases that some low IQ bureaucrat failed to think about, that bites a patient who is in pain, and gets treated like a fucking back alley junkie by the care provider or pharmacist.

Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#8]
OP, a combo of ibuprofen and acetaminophen actually works well on mouth pain. Look up the dose for yourself. Better yet ask your doctor. My wife went through the no pills for you BS.

I sincerely hope every fucking drug crusader dies a horrible, excrutiatingly painful, extended death and no relief from meds works.

Fuck you all up the ass with a hank of acetone soaked barbed wire.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I tell my dentist to write me a script for the good stuff before we even start lol
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:17:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Tylenol worked for my facial reconstruction surgeries.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It’s the DEA
View Quote

Thats funny I had a tooth pulled a couple months ago and was given Tylenol 3 with codeine it must be your shitty dentist.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I got all 4 pulled when I was about 40.
The local(s) more or less worked while he was busy,
But he more or less had to get a prybar and back his truck up to the chair, and hook a towchain to those fuckers to get them out.
After the local wore off, My life sucked.
The script the dentist wrote was out of stock, and it took hours to find where it could be filled.
View Quote

I had a script written once on Christmas eve.  The pharmacy it was sent to was out of stock, they told me it would be like 4 days to get it in with the holiday and weekend.  

Oh, the CVS literally 1 mile away had it in stock, but nope, can't move a "controlled" substance to a different pharmacy to get filled, so fuck you, you get to wait.  The Dr had already left for his Christmas vacation so I couldn't get in touch with him to change the pharmacy (which was the same fucking chain, mind you.)  Fucking moronic.  

Another case - I stopped at the pharmacy to get a script filled (not an opiate, but scheduled) before the date allowed by nanny government.  One day too early.  Problem:  I was getting on a flight at 5am the following morning and would be on vacation for two weeks.

Pharmacist:  Sorry can't fill it at 8pm tonight, but we can at 9am tomorrow.  

Me:  I'm on a 5am flight tomorrow.  (It's literally hours early, not like I'm a junkie looking for a fix three weeks early.)

Pharmacist: .....

Me:  Okay fine, I'll fill it at my destination (which would have been a tremendous pain in the ass, but whatever).  

Pharmacist:  Sorry, the drug can't be moved, you need to have Dr call it in to the other pharmacy.  Had the script been a refill they said, it could have been moved to the other pharmacy, but then only once, since it can't move back. So you'd need to call your Dr for authorization.  

Me:  But, this script can't be refilled and has to be called in every single time, so what the fuck?

I had to call the Dr, who ranted to me about the idiocy of the process, called the pharmacy with a new prescription, wasting tons of my fucking time and aggravation that evening, but hey that War on Drugs is almost won!

Sure glad I wasn't traveling 80% like I used to, I would have been right fucked.  

I sincerely hope the people who write these regulations - who are actual morons devoid of critical thinking skills - get pancreatic cancer and are unable to get pain meds.  May someone tell them "Fuck off doper, laws are laws."
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:23:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:who the fuck gets high off tramadol?
View Quote

I watched a documentary on illegal gold mines in Africa. Tramadol was the drug of choice. I know it's not the USA, but an answer to your question.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:24:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

But he more or less had to get a prybar and back his truck up to the chair, and hook a towchain to those fuckers to get them out.
The script the dentist wrote was out of stock, and it took hours to find where it could be filled.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP must have stubborn teeth. I got a wisdom tooth pulled last week, the local was the worst part of it all.

Yeah, he did say pain tends to be related to difficulty of removal.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

WFT, over?

crowns dont even hurt. you must be a seeker.
View Quote

Hurts like a mother fucker before the crown goes on. Broke the tooth on a Friday morning. Dentist was out of town until Monday.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I had a script written once on Christmas eve.  The pharmacy it was sent to was out of stock, they told me it would be like 4 days to get it in with the holiday and weekend.  

Oh, the CVS literally 1 mile away had it in stock, but nope, can't move a "controlled" substance to a different pharmacy to get filled, so fuck you, you get to wait.  The Dr had already left for his Christmas vacation so I couldn't get in touch with him to change the pharmacy (which was the same fucking chain, mind you.)  Fucking moronic.  

Another case - I stopped at the pharmacy to get a script filled (not an opiate, but scheduled) before the date allowed by nanny government.  One day too early.  Problem:  I was getting on a flight at 5am the following morning and would be on vacation for two weeks.

Me:  I'm on a 5am flight tomorrow.  (It's literally hours early, not like I'm a junkie looking for a fix three weeks early.)

Me:  Okay fine, I'll fill it at my destination (which would have been a tremendous pain in the ass, but whatever).  

Pharmacist:  Sorry, the drug can't be moved, you need to have Dr call it in to the other pharmacy.  Had the script been a refill they said, it could have been moved to the other pharmacy, but then only once, since it can't move back. So you'd need to call your Dr for authorization.  

Me:  But, this script can't be refilled and has to be called in every single time, so what the fuck?

I had to call the Dr, who ranted to me about the idiocy of the process, called the pharmacy with a new prescription, wasting tons of my fucking time and aggravation that evening, but hey that War on Drugs is almost won!

Sure glad I wasn't traveling 80% like I used to, I would have been right fucked.  

I sincerely hope the people who write these regulations - who are actual morons devoid of critical thinking skills - get pancreatic cancer and are unable to get pain meds.  May someone tell them "Fuck off doper, laws are laws."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think congress/lawmakers get annoyed by rules and laws? No. It's not like they follow the laws - and their special healthcare they gave themselves is probably worlds better. Wouldn't surprise me if each one has their own personal GP doc on call.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I can get 50 at a time for my dog from the vet.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thats funny I had a tooth pulled a couple months ago and was given Tylenol 3 with codeine it must be your shitty dentist.
View Quote

Op goto the drug store and find you some Clove oil and put one drop on the sore area and the pain will be gone for a few hours.
https://www.healthline.com/health/clove-oil-toothache#how-to-use
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:29:50 PM EDT
[#19]
It's the same as most government intervention: destroy the lives of the law abiding to "save" the criminals and addicts.

And guess who doesn't get "saved?"
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:30:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I’m not asking for Vicodin…I’m asking for Tramadol…world apart on the opiate spectrum.  But some retard at the DEA who knows nothing about drug interaction is the one setting policy apparently.
View Quote

Tramadol works on opiate receptors and is considered an opiate.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#21]
The entirety of the federal government now exists solely to fuck each and every one of us in the ass as often as possible.

Welcome to the party, now bend over.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Man up.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I know dentists who do not prescribe any opiates whatsoever.  It’s not the DEA but fuck the DEA cause they do practice medicine via the barrel of a gun in other circumstances.
View Quote

Last course I took it's still legal but they said general dentists should basically never prescribe anything containing oxycodone, that hydrocodone should be used in surgical cases only and in small quantities.  The standard is now ibuprofen.  

FWIW I had surgery last year and they told me to take ibuprofen and tylenol.  You can buy them in one pill OTC - it's called "advil dual action".   Those two meds work extremely well but you have to watch the dosages and it's short term use only - a day or two max.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I had a root canal last week and my DDS gave me percaset
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Prior to August of 2014 Tramadol was a Schedule V Controlled Substance. Then they upgraded it to a Schedule IV and made it harder to prescribe and refill. Stuff like Oxy, Percoset, Dilaudid is Schedule II, but it seems like they treat tramadol as if it's Heroin.

Their reason for rescheduling Tramadol was that their research indicated 2-3 out every of 100,000 patients were abusing it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:38:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Many states limit an initial acute order to a three day supply with a MME of 60 per day.

If there was a procedure the surgeon can document with a dx code and the druggist can dispense up to a seven day supply.

It may vary from state to state but you get the gist.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Can you give details? I'm curious what they are doing that makes dentists not be able to
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s the DEA

The same tactic that they , the DEA , uses on every professional that can write scripts in the USA .   They show up like raiders and shut the business down while they tear through the files .

Every employee is encouraged to snitch of the pharmacist or dentist or doctor .  And if this occurs with a waiting room with patients too bad .  And then try to imagine the gossip after that shit storm .   The DEA can and will take your license to practice until they have you groveling .  No License = no work = no income .

Usually these shit storms amount to nothing .  But their prey is ruined .  Financially and reputation wise .  Would you want to write prescriptions knowing that ?

gd
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s the DEA

He's not a shitty dentist, just doesn't want to get loved tenderly by the DEA.  Now the DEA is pushing to have scheduled drug scripts sent in electronically, then the drugs people are taking will be in a database.  You can guess what will happen then.
My wife is an orthodontist, so she doesn't prescribe scheduled drugs anyway.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:39:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Well, this sort of thing just says that you and everyone else suffering from severe pain are weak and immoral people who cannot handle a little pain. So the DEA has to safeguard your morals and the morals of everyone else by making prescription drugs incredibly difficult to obtain.

They are just doing it for your own good. What do you think you are? Some kind of filthy hippie?

(This is intended as sarcasm about the overwhelming corruption, insanity and hypocrisy of Americas drug polices btw.)
View Quote

As someone who suffers from chronic, occasionally debilitating and excruciating pain, I gave up on painkillers years ago.  The juice just wasn’t worth the squeeze.  So many hoops and other bullshit, I always felt like some kind of lowlife addict when I went to the pharmacy to pick up my meds.  I just deal with it now.  It sucks and it will probably kill me early somehow but fuck it.  I’ve damn near quit taking Advil/Tylenol too.  I figure long term that shit can’t be good for you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It all depends on the Dr writing the prescription. I have cancer that originated in my intestines and metastasized to my liver; some days I go to the bathroom a lot and over the counter medication doesn't always cut it. My GI refuses to write me a prescription for more serious meds to control the diarrhea. Luckily, my primary care guy is willing to; thanks war on drugs.
View Quote

Sir , you have my sincere heart felt condolences .  

gd
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

The whole process is pants on fire retarded.  My oldest is on adhd meds, and every few months they screw something up and try to make you feel like a criminal.   amazing how their default answer for their mistakes is always we need a new script.

I get it, I once had someone try to pass a fake script for 473mL of opiate cough syrup with my dea info. Which I will now never forget is how many milliliters are in a pint. But the system is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:48:16 PM EDT
[#32]
1996 my dentist gave me 30 vicodin because my wisdom teeth started poking out.
A few days later the oral surgeon gave me 20 mepragan (demoral/promethazine) capsules after cutting those impacted fuckers out.
I was 18 and couldn't imagine how the direction of my life would change so drastically because of those 2 scripts.
Wanting to party more than I wanted to work didn't help. I finally realized at 21 that partying everyday was for losers who become addicts.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:49:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

IIRC, tramadol works on the mu receptor and has 1/6000 th the effect of morphine. And Im gonna go out on a limb and say that is probably why it used to be OTC. YMMV
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wife had a "mommy makeover", tummy tuck, boob job, and some lipo a couple of months ago..  Doc doesn't prescribe opiates.  Tramadol, celebrex and something else I don't remember.
And no, you pervs don't get pics.
View Quote

If you're not sharing pics why cough up the money for it?

Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Opiates should be otc

I should have to grovel to my dr to get painkillers when I get a kidney stone
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#36]
I member calling my doc and saying “I broke or cracked my ribs can I get some Vicodin”. Her “sure what pharmacy?” Or calling for refills.  

We used to be cool.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yeah, he did say pain tends to be related to difficulty of removal.
View Quote

That's why my Dentist was a bro and told me to go to an oral surgeon to get my wisdom teeth removed because they were all jacked up.  

Said that the body reacts depending on how much trauma it takes, surgeons put you under and can get right in there and rip those little buggers right out.  Zero pain, easy recovery.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:01:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Did you try drinking more water and changing your socks?
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Well, this sort of thing just says that you and everyone else suffering from severe pain are weak and immoral people who cannot handle a little pain. So the DEA has to safeguard your morals and the morals of everyone else by making prescription drugs incredibly difficult to obtain.

They are just doing it for your own good. What do you think you are? Some kind of filthy hippie?

(This is intended as sarcasm about the overwhelming corruption, insanity and hypocrisy of Americas drug polices btw.)
View Quote

But yet i am prescribed almost 5 Grams of gabapetin a day...
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Being allowed but being under a good deal of scrutiny for simple opiate prescriptions is what is going on.
View Quote

Your dentist is a prick it seems.

Jesus Christ, write the Rx and if the DEA asks look at your notes and say "he had teeth pulled for god's sake".
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Move to a free state.
View Quote

Like Mexico?
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
OP, a combo of ibuprofen and acetaminophen actually works well on mouth pain. Look up the dose for yourself. Better yet ask your doctor. My wife went through the no pills for you BS.

I sincerely hope every fucking drug crusader dies a horrible, excrutiatingly painful, extended death and no relief from meds works.

Fuck you all up the ass with a hank of acetone soaked barbed wire.
View Quote

It works well if you can eat.  I can’t eat.  Especially with the antibiotic acid reflux from meds and open sores in your mouth sucks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Take 3 ibuprofen, hydrate and change your socks.

Edit:  Damn.  Beaten to it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I watched a documentary on illegal gold mines in Africa. Tramadol was the drug of choice. I know it's not the USA, but an answer to your question.
View Quote

Ever see a junkies face when you tell them they’re getting tramadol?  I have and it’s a look of disappointment.  Nobody gets high off tramadol in the US.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you captain obvious.

Seeing as how this is a thread about not being able to get opiates for medical reasons…I’m aware tramadol is an opiate
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Aaaaaaand people will continue to seek alternative pharmaceutical arrangements.

Thanks, big gov!

View Quote

That's not a flaw, it's a feature.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Tylenol recommended for post-surgery pain management

It's not going to get any better sadly
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#49]
I had a molar removed a year ago and my dentist prescribed Tylenol 3. Never used them, one dose of ibuprofen was all I needed. Had an implant put in 6 months later and again sent me home with Tylenol 3. Didn't use it then either. They are just sitting on the shelf at home.

Different people handle pain different ways. I have a high pain tolerance and I'm going to avoid opioids whenever I can.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#50]
wife had spinal fusion recently.  Doc prescribed her 5mg Oxycodones.  That did nothing; she has a VERY high tolerance for pain meds.  Doc told her to go to 10mg, and he called her in a 10mg prescription since she was going to run out twice as fast.  

Pharmacy says they cannot fill it until Day 6 after teh operation because "she already has some."  

No shit, you buttplugs, but she's going to run completely OUT of her first prescription on Day FOUR because the Doc retroactively DOUBLED her dosage. Meaning she'll have NO pain meds for about 36 hours until you buttfuckers fill it.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top