Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This wasn’t at the pharmacy…this is the dentist not writing a script for tramadol…
View Quote

Motrin usually is sufficient for most dental pain. Even extractions Bc the pain is from the inflammation of the extraction site.

I know a dentist that purposely does not order control substance specific rx pads required in his state. He doesn’t think anything he treats require it, and if it’s something that would cause that much trauma he will forward you to an oral surgeon
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#2]
This is always a hot issue. It shouldn't be. The word on opiates and their risks is out. There is not a doctor out there still under the impression that they are addiction free miracle drugs. We are being punished for when they were under that impression.

Just as the gov has gone full retard on guns, covid, etc, they have gone full retard on pain medication. So full retard that 90% of the currently prescribed pills are going to tweakers and to dealers (see smurfs). Grandma is denied pain medication for her degrading body, and you are denied pain medication for surgery. Again, the law abiding suffer while the law breakers continue to do what they do.

Addiction solely from prescription opiates is rare... Somewhere near 1%. Reminds me of something else in recent history where all suffer due to a small percentage being at risk.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:05:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Motrin usually is sufficient for most dental pain. Even extractions Bc the pain is from the inflammation of the extraction site.

I know a dentist that purposely does not order control substance specific rx pads required in his state. He doesn’t think anything he treats require it, and if it’s something that would cause that much trauma he will forward you to an oral surgeon
View Quote

It is, but it’s not good for people who have stomach issues.  Stomach acid and open mouth wounds are not a good time.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:06:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Just got this copypasta from her.

5/15/19
Cornelius A. Thiels, D.O., from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, and colleagues conducted an observational study of administrative claims data for opioid-naive patients undergoing elective surgery. The risk for persistent opioid use after discharge was examined for patients treated with tramadol alone versus other short-acting opioids. Overall, 357,884 of the 444,764 patients who met the inclusion criteria filled a discharge prescription for one or more opioids associated with one of 20 included operations.

The most commonly prescribed postoperative opioids were hydrocodone (53.0 percent of those filling a single opioid), short-acting oxycodone (37.5 percent), and tramadol (4 percent). The researchers found that the unadjusted risk for prolonged opioid use after surgery was 7.1, 1.0, and 0.5 percent, respectively, using three definitions of prolonged opioid use: additional opioid use, persistent opioid use, and the CONsortium to Study Opioid Risks and Trends (CONSORT) definition. Relative to individuals receiving other short-acting opioids, receipt of tramadol alone correlated with a 6 percent (adjusted risk ratio [aRR], 1.06; 95 percent confidence interval [CI], 1.00 to 1.13; P = 0.049), 47 percent (aRR, 1.47; 95 percent CI, 1.25 to 1.69; P < 0.001), and 41 percent (aRR, 1.41; 95 percent CI, 1.08 to 1.75; P = 0.013) increase in the risk for additional opioid use, persistent opioid use, and a CONSORT chronic opioid use episode, respectively.

"[These] data will force us to reevaluate our postsurgical prescribing guidelines," Thiels said in a statement. "And while tramadol may still be an acceptable option for some patients, our data [suggest] we should be as cautious with tramadol as we are with other short-acting opioids."
View Quote

OFFS it’s the only schedule IV opiate for a reason.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wife had a "mommy makeover", tummy tuck, boob job, and some lipo a couple of months ago..  Doc doesn't prescribe opiates.  Tramadol, celebrex and something else I don't remember.
And no, you pervs don't get pics.
View Quote

You are a lucky man.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What do you need the narcotics for?  Pop a couple ibuprofen and get your ass back to work!
View Quote

I had my wisdom teeth pulled and went on a 7 mile run 20 minutes later. Aside from the nonstop dripping blood it wasn't bad.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:22:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
the same busy body old ladies who bitched to the gov about their kid / grand kid abusing opiods / od'ing, will be the same people bitching at gov because now they cant get them for legit reasons either and are writhing in pain. ( while little timmy is still high as a kite on heroin, which they didnt stop )

war on drugs is a joke, the doc refuses to help people in real pain with safe meds, because of gov, while that same patient can walk out to the parking lot and buy heroin .  yay, problem solved.
View Quote

Exactly and grandma Karen's chronic pain will get so bad she'll leave the car running in the garage to end it. I've had 18 ortho surgeries to bolt my ass back together. That level of pain for long periods, years, will kill you as well.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:34:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I watched a documentary on illegal gold mines in Africa. Tramadol was the drug of choice. I know it's not the USA, but an answer to your question.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:who the fuck gets high off tramadol?

I watched a documentary on illegal gold mines in Africa. Tramadol was the drug of choice. I know it's not the USA, but an answer to your question.

People abuse it. Once you get above 400mgs you catch a buzz, of course that's where you have a fairly good chance of having a seizure and falling on your face as well.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:37:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Call your congressman.   I don't write narcotics for any tooth treatments anymore.  As a pt you just get to deal with it.    It's not right but I didn't change the law.   They didn't make it illegal they just made it to big a pain in the but for me to write them.
View Quote

That'll do the trick. We all know there is anything COC compliant we can all do to avoid the massive steamrolling that is the current federal overreach.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Some of the worst pain of my life was after I got my first two wisdom teeth out. Four Advil killed the pain dead.

I haven’t had a difficult life so far lol. Point being, I would much rather take a decent dosage of ibuprofen for acute dental pain than reach for opiates.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#11]
So, DEA makes it so stupid hard and scary for professional Docs to prescribe narcotics for real pain issues in actual patients.  So hard and scary, that people who ACTUALLY need them can't get them.  Meanwhile, the same government kicks down the border wall and invites the Cartels to send 200,000 drug mules across into the country in one month.

Think about it.  They WANT you to kill yourself or start doing Cartel dope and are setting up the conditions to make it happen.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Agree with you op, pain pills are mostly avalible for addicts now and not for the people that benefit from them
View Quote

Pure BS. When I had back surgery I got pain meds when I needed them. I also took myself off them as early as I could bear it because the last thing I wanted was to get addicted to shit, legal or otherwise.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Imagine how much less of a workload they have with weed being legal all over the place! They have to go after something!
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ever see a junkies face when you tell them they’re getting tramadol?  I have and it’s a look of disappointment.  Nobody gets high off tramadol in the US.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever see a junkies face when you tell them they’re getting tramadol?  I have and it’s a look of disappointment.  Nobody gets high off tramadol in the US.

I've seen people buy them for $5 for a 50 mg pill.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:04:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Did you specifically ask for it by name? My wife is a pharmacist and said this usually throws a huge red flag to doctors....... She also mentioned its is becoming common practice for the dopers to let their teeth rot out of their head in an effort to get an all expense paid trip to the dentist and beg for opiates there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What in the the titty fucking sprinkles is wrong with the cock fags at the DEA?  The war on opiates is getting out of control.  I can’t get a fucking prescription for Tramadol after having two teeth extracted.  What in the fucking fuck is this bullshit?  Dentist was like yeah…they really cracked down on any opiates…again tramadol… who the fuck gets high off tramadol? The dentist can offer me a Xanax for any anxiety but some cock sucker at the DEA says…better not let someone have tramadol after someone has ripped teeth roots out of your skull…that’s not reasonable apparently

Eat a bag of dicks you Fucking douche bags.  Thank god for bourbon…not only does it dull pain but it’s antiseptic as well

Did you specifically ask for it by name? My wife is a pharmacist and said this usually throws a huge red flag to doctors....... She also mentioned its is becoming common practice for the dopers to let their teeth rot out of their head in an effort to get an all expense paid trip to the dentist and beg for opiates there.

Who's paying for that ?
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:07:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Just had my wisdom tooth extracted on wed.  They did write a script for some narcotic but I refuse to take it.  I'll stick with ibuprofen and extra strength Tylenol along with ice.  Has done a good job so far.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

turns out motrin, clean socks and water cures all.. big army was a visonary.
View Quote

And 550 cord and 100mph tape fix all weapons and vehicles.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Who's paying for that ?
View Quote

You are depending on the state lol
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:19:09 PM EDT
[#19]
They did that with Tramadol years ago.

It's the only thing the VA would give me for 3 herniated discs in my neck and 2 in my back. As of late they will only give a 7 day supply (7x 50mg) every 6 month period, and require you to get piss tested every time

Its not worth the hassle as tramadol isn't even a real opiate, was just "reclassified" as one. Honestly makes me wish med mj was a thing on the federal level.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Try a Lupus diagnosis. I weened off dolly and they still try to shove it and oxy down my throat every doctors visit.  When they enhanced all the accountability stuff i asked my doc if it would impact my Rx and she said they wouldn't even blink at mineb. I got the third degree about a benign non-narcotic therapy like "well who has been giving you that?" Same people told me to get the vacc so i wont be getting that either.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Try a Lupus diagnosis. I weened off dolly and they still try to shove it and oxy down my throat every doctors visit.  When they enhanced all the accountability stuff i asked my doc if it would impact my Rx and she said they wouldn't even blink at mineb. I got the third degree about a benign non-narcotic therapy like "well who has been giving you that?" Same people told me to get the vacc so i wont be getting that either.
View Quote

Gonna call COMPLETE BS on this. My wife has lupus, connective tissue disorder, and a brain tumor... You may have gotten that 15 years ago but that is not how it works now. Pardon me while I go take care of my wife.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What do you need the narcotics for?  Pop a couple ibuprofen and get your ass back to work!
View Quote

Yes, please. The millions of people who get more money from the Government than they would earn working are depending on your paycheck withholdings.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:35:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I broke 3 ribs in shower, herniating my spleen, an part of my intestines thru the split..agonizing pain..they started limiting meds after day 1 an I got 6 take home tramadol...fuck them..I drank alot of whiskey that week.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:37:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Not the DEA's fault.

Also not the DEA's fault you have shitty teeth that need to be yanked out.........
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I know a dentist that purposely does not order control substance specific rx pads required in his state. He doesn't think anything he treats require it, and if it's something that would cause that much trauma he will forward you to an oral surgeon
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This wasn't at the pharmacythis is the dentist not writing a script for tramadol

I know a dentist that purposely does not order control substance specific rx pads required in his state. He doesn't think anything he treats require it, and if it's something that would cause that much trauma he will forward you to an oral surgeon
Yeah, well, the Navy fucked that one up for me.

Prescribed 3200mg Motrin daily, for almost 2 years, at an age I didn't realize would cause long term issues. It fucking destroyed my GI system and I only had to shit blood for weeks for a real doctor to go "Oh shit, stop taking that!"
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not the DEA's fault.

Also not the DEA's fault you have shitty teeth that need to be yanked out.........
View Quote

Uh... it's not the DEA's fault that the DEA capriciously yanks medical doctors' ability to prescribe narcotics if/when they decide that they're prescribing (in their considered medical opinion) too many narcotics?
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I find it very hard to believe you got addicted after only 30 vicodin, theres more to it I'm sure. And if true, that would be the reason the rest of us suffer in pain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I started my journey of being addicted to pills at the dentist.  Wrote me 30 vicodins for a crown.

It's not his fault I got addicted.  It's all mine.  I fucking love opiates as it turns out.

Took me 2 years to kick them.
I find it very hard to believe you got addicted after only 30 vicodin, theres more to it I'm sure. And if true, that would be the reason the rest of us suffer in pain.

I likely wasn't an addict after 30, no.  But I wanted (and got ) more because they were so fucking awesome.  It was my first experience with opiates.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:44:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Not the DEA's fault.

View Quote

It is and feel free to use that logic if you ever break a bone.  No narcotics for you…not the DEA’s fault you broke a bone…suck it up buttercup
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

You usually won't need a 30 round magazine, and 10 rounds is sufficient. Until it's not. I remember, briefly, when the medical field had compassion for their fellow man. Now they drink the kool aid for fear of lawsuit. My wife had dry socket and some proper medication would have done her good. Sucks to see a loved one suffer like that due to virtue signaling.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I broke 3 ribs in shower, herniating my spleen, an part of my intestines thru the split..agonizing pain..they started limiting meds after day 1 an I got 6 take home tramadol...fuck them..I drank alot of whiskey that week.
View Quote

Fuck man, sorry. Another victim. And they wonder why people go to the illegal drug dealers with inconsistent and dangerous potencies.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Look man, we all have to do our part in stopping the abuse of prescription drugs. Would you like the contact information to a street pharmacist so you can get some mexican heroin for the pain?
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:22:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It is, but it’s not good for people who have stomach issues.  Stomach acid and open mouth wounds are not a good time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Motrin (ibuprofen) also isn't a good idea for people with high blood pressure.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who's paying for that ?

Welfare insurance in the state of MI doesn't cover any dental for adults.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:34:56 PM EDT
[#34]
My dentist goes out of his way to make sure I leave with #20 10 mg Percocet every visit, I have like 5 bottles of them now just sitting, along with a fat stash of Amox 500 mg ..
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Kratom this stuff works great for tooth pain
View Quote

NO, IB 800 Mg is the 50 BMG of tooth pain..

I just popped 8G of some White Vein Borneo
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:38:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My dentist goes out of his way to make sure I leave with #20 10 mg Percocet every visit, I have like 5 bottles of them now just sitting, along with a fat stash of Amox 500 mg ..
View Quote

Every Florida Man in the state is making a beeline towards your place.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

When I had my wisdom teeth out I used Toradol (I had seen back patients using it at the hospital I worked at).  Very impressed, did great for my mouth pain.

Isn't Toradol a non-narcotic anti-inflammatory?

View Quote

Toradol works great for me. Seems like once every year or so my shoulder will act up. Can hardly lift my arm when it flares. I’ll get a Toradol shot in the butt and next day I’m good as new.

Yes, Toradol is a non-narcotic anti-inflammatory.

Something else you might try OP is two Tylenol and two Ibuprofen. I’m not a doctor but I stayed in a Holiday Inn once.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#38]
thank the fucking Junkies and the bureaucrats
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You usually won't need a 30 round magazine, and 10 rounds is sufficient. Until it's not. I remember, briefly, when the medical field had compassion for their fellow man. Now they drink the kool aid for fear of lawsuit. My wife had dry socket and some proper medication would have done her good. Sucks to see a loved one suffer like that due to virtue signaling.
View Quote

Too bad we are talking about pain medications and not magazine capacity. They aren't exactly the same
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:59:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I feel your pain OP. I have to suffer every time because none of that shit does anything for me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Call your congressman.   I don’t write narcotics for any tooth treatments anymore.  As a pt you just get to deal with it.    It’s not right but I didn’t change the law.   They didn’t make it illegal they just made it to big a pain in the but for me to write them.
View Quote

Lawyers playing doctor.
You, as a doctor, should repeal the NFA. If they can’t stay in their lane neither should you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:01:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

OFFS it’s the only schedule IV opiate for a reason.
View Quote

I sympathize, as the government is cracking down on a problem they’re largely responsible for between patient satisfaction scores and pain as the 5th vital sign bs, but tramadol is an opiate, it is abused, and it can lead to addiction issues.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:20:42 AM EDT
[#43]
It seems like people will start figuring out where to score heroin.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#44]
You can thank the Sackler family, Perdue Pharma and the Doctors for giving them out like candy
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#45]
4/10

only because feel sorry for the pain.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:44:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Yes, prescribing Doctors are monitored but in this case I'd say your dentist either has over precribed in the past, felt you don't need pain meds or had a suspicion that you have a drug problem.  I had a root canal 6 months ago and was given percocet.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:44:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You can thank the Sackler family, Perdue Pharma and the Doctors for giving them out like candy
View Quote

And the pill mills that popped up on every corner a while back....

Anyone who has said just pop some advil and tylenol has never had a dremel taken to their shoulder or screws put through bone.....fortunately my ortho believes pain is not something his patients should suffer through.  But i suspect most docs know who is a problem and who isn't.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:45:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Plain old Aspirin is good for dental pain.  Honest.   I agree with your rant otherwise though.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:52:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Extractions = specialist
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:06:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The funny thing is that the cartels are bringing tons of cheap fentanyl across the border on all their drug mules.  You could probably get opiates easier at your local street pharmacy.
View Quote

This is the sad part of all this.  The underground drug trade has gotten 87 times worse in the past 20+ years.  I was in the hospital I was on oxy for about a week.  It did numb the pain but made me feel queasy and then blocked me up worse than than ATL traffic in an ice storm....

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top