BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Doesn't state it's Volume 2, but sounds like what you were referring.

https://nsarchive2.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB370/docs/Document%205.pdf

"This short book provides an up-to-date introduction to the·tactics employed by insurgents in southern Afghanistan during the years 2005-2008. It includes vignettes and maps on 19 different tactically significant engagements. The book covers three types of attacks: ambushes, attacks on fixed positions, and defensive engagements. The intended audience is Marines and soldiers going into theatre."

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do believe that's Volume 1. Volume 2 is all vignettes and lessons from recent GWOT operations.

Doesn't state it's Volume 2, but sounds like what you were referring.

https://nsarchive2.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB370/docs/Document%205.pdf

"This short book provides an up-to-date introduction to the·tactics employed by insurgents in southern Afghanistan during the years 2005-2008. It includes vignettes and maps on 19 different tactically significant engagements. The book covers three types of attacks: ambushes, attacks on fixed positions, and defensive engagements. The intended audience is Marines and soldiers going into theatre."

Damn, you're good! That's the one.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 1:54:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 1:58:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 1:59:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 2:17:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you mean this

If you can access? As far as I know it's open source. You just need to know where to look.

Thank you. That's a lot of info and some dam good reading. Oh GPS I didn't think about that one... Back to map and compass and watch. I have become so spoiled with my GPS.

I can see how GPS could spoil a guy. I am a hard core map and compass type. Did freestyle land nav racing,  adventure races, etc. When the wife is in the car and we're going someplace new or difficult, she always boots up google maps and that thing puts you right on the money 99%of the time. Way too convenient.

No, a GPS is purely a radio receiver.  It does not contain a transmitter. I don't think the EMI they emit is powerful enough to be tracked. I used to be responsible for passing EMI tests with computer equipment, and the energy budget just isn't there: if a GPS emitted a strong signal inadvertently, it would significantly shorten its useful battery life.

IMO the GPS should only be started intermittently anyway. To verify a position plotted on a map, or to sort out position if nav has gone sideways. If it's hanging there running continuously it's just using battery power. Start it up, get a fix, plot on the map, shut it off.

I've got a pretty good handle on GPS operations, having used them to locate ships and seabed features all over the world, and I know a lot of folks are not clear on their operating principles. Would anyone be interested in a thread discussing how they work?

I still use my maps because it is good for me.

I understand the need for map/compass land nav. But is there a problem with using a regular GPS (not a cell phone)from a EM standpoint? They don't transmit anything. GT is wearing one in the video.

I don't know.

They would emit RFI at the cpu clock frequency (and harmonics), not sure at what strength or the ability for modern equipment to pick it up though. Same for any device with a cpu from where the battery is not removed - if keyed off something will still be getting clocked waiting for a button press to bring it out of sleep.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 1:34:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Great thread, particularly the links posted on the last two pages.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Do you mean this

If you can access? As far as I know it's open source. You just need to know where to look.
View Quote

Can you find any open source RSLC materials besides FMs?
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you mean this

I'll add a link if I find any. Anything in particular you're looking for?
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you mean this

I have a bunch, its all awesome, but I dont know how available it is.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 7:32:09 AM EDT
[#11]
This video and this channel seem to have some interesting tidbits. They are analyzing open source military capabilities and SOPs to help civilians understand some of the stuff that's out on the battlefield.

This video, for example, is about small drones like we see in Syria/Armenia, etc. Obviously there's a lot of this stuff that doesn't apply if for some reason a large government is looking for you, but if shtf, other people/groups with small drones could be a valid threat. Plus it's just stuff to think about.

Also while a lot of the .mil programs and capabilities are probably old news to a lot of those who have been in the military recently, for a lot of civilians, it's completely news. Like when they mention Gorgon Stare tech, etc. Seems like even if that's the open source stuff it's good to at least know about.

How to Hide From Drones: Lessons Learned in Modern War

Link Posted: 12/24/2021 9:18:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This video and this channel seem to have some interesting tidbits. They are analyzing open source military capabilities and SOPs to help civilians understand some of the stuff that's out on the battlefield.

This video, for example, is about small drones like we see in Syria/Armenia, etc. Obviously there's a lot of this stuff that doesn't apply if for some reason a large government is looking for you, but if shtf, other people/groups with small drones could be a valid threat. Plus it's just stuff to think about.

Also while a lot of the .mil programs and capabilities are probably old news to a lot of those who have been in the military recently, for a lot of civilians, it's completely news. Like when they mention Gorgon Stare tech, etc. Seems like even if that's the open source stuff it's good to at least know about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYVpvXNiYi8
View Quote

The camouflage manual they discuss in the video can be found at one of the previously shared links:

http://www.2ndbn5thmar.com/camouflage/Camouflage%20SOP.pdf

Link Posted: 12/24/2021 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Cool.

We got all the field manuals we could ever want.

Now who the hell teaches this shit?
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 1:14:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Cool.

We got all the field manuals we could ever want.

Now who the hell teaches this shit?
View Quote

Get out and apply whats in the field manuals? Trial and error are great teachers. Take pictures, share what you learn here and we all benefit.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 1:57:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Get out and apply whats in the field manuals? Trial and error are great teachers. Take pictures, share what you learn here and we all benefit.
View Quote

Texas doesn't have much public land you can safely do any of this on. You got Bubba and Bubba junior out on the public land we do have blasting like Yosemite Sam at anything that moves.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 2:34:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#17]
]
Quoted:

Texas doesn't have much public land you can safely do any of this on. You got Bubba and Bubba junior out on the public land we do have blasting like Yosemite Sam at anything that moves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just think of that as extra motivation to get your cammo, movement, and observation shit wired tight.

Archer is right that trial and error with partners who are critical and honest and smart goes a long way.

Professional instruction can get you more, faster, and sometimes better. There are facilities that teach this stuff to civilians  with Cadre who aren't Bubba and his self taught buddies. Storm Mountain had some good courses. I don't know  their current status.

For the actual bushcraft side of things, there are better resources, methods and teachers than military stuff, imo.

Some of what I grew up with. (Pay no attention to the Ayoob stuff. It was good for the era but is...lacking)
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 4:36:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
]
Just think of that as extra motivation to get your cammo, movement, and observation shit wired tight.

Archer is right that trial and error with partners who are critical and honest and smart goes a long way.

Professional instruction can get you more, faster, and sometimes better. There are facilities that teach this stuff to civilians  with Cadre who aren't Bubba and his self taught buddies. Storm Mountain had some good courses. I don't know  their current status.

For the actual bushcraft side of things, there are better resources, methods and teachers than military stuff, imo.

Some of what I grew up with. (Pay no attention to the Ayoob stuff. It was good for the era but is...lacking)
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/206831/20211220_182805_jpg-2215453.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/206831/20211220_182942_jpg-2215455.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/206831/20211220_182956_jpg-2215456.JPG
View Quote

Trial by fire!

I am a hands on learner and I can read all the books I want but not understand a thing.

Just like the ham radio bullshit. I got the piece of paper saying I can, just don't know how.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Years ago I found the Air Force survival manual in a book store. It's a big, comprehensive document that goes into detail on a broad set of topics. I highly recommend it.

PDF version: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwBVZQFLg8OfcHdnNHpTUmdMRjg/edit?resourcekey=0-Ry086HxatUoXSn-CBQ2vRA

How to get started? As others have said, go out and practice. To expand on that, build skills incrementally. It's a learning process, and someone who's never spent time outdoors needs to learn foundational skills, and continually add to their skill set. You probably won't go straight out and through-hike the PCT.

Start off with the basics for survival. Water, shelter, fire.  Camp out in the back yard. Find the flaws in your gear and training. Gradually expand your outings. Spend a night 100 yards from the car with only what's in your pockets. Build a shelter and spend a few days in it.

Backcountry hunting is a great way to train. Now you're not only occupying a place, you're actively pursuing game and camping out is a means to that end. All this takes time and commitment. I've been playing in the woods since the mid 70's and I'm still learning.
View Quote

I would like to second this. I don't know much. But trying to learn. To me the best learning I have had is. when I was hunting back away from rds on foot. It's got it all. One thing I have found is, it's hard to find people that "get it". Most people I have gone with make WAY to much noise in the woods, they are WAY obvious with there movements and it's harder than you would think conveying info with hand signals to some people. So I normally go alone, I do better hunting alone. BUT that's counter to trying to learn and how things should be, plus there's more danger heading into the backcountry alone. Hmmm maybe we should start some group hunting trips in the backcountry. Plus more hands to help pack meat out. Tons of education and a hunting trip. I LOVE the idea. I am game.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 8:40:29 PM EDT
[#20]
One of the best threads I have seen on here in a long time.

Thank you to everyone contributing.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 9:40:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I would like to second this. I don't know much. But trying to learn. To me the best learning I have had is. when I was hunting back away from rds on foot. It's got it all. One thing I have found is, it's hard to find people that "get it". Most people I have gone with make WAY to much noise in the woods, they are WAY obvious with there movements and it's harder than you would think conveying info with hand signals to some people. So I normally go alone, I do better hunting alone. BUT that's counter to trying to learn and how things should be, plus there's more danger heading into the backcountry alone. Hmmm maybe we should start some group hunting trips in the backcountry. Plus more hands to help pack meat out. Tons of education and a hunting trip. I LOVE the idea. I am game.
View Quote

This is a great idea.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:58:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Trial by fire!

I am a hands on learner and I can read all the books I want but not understand a thing.

Just like the ham radio bullshit. I got the piece of paper saying I can, just don't know how.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/206831/20211220_182805_jpg-2215453.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/206831/20211220_182942_jpg-2215455.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/206831/20211220_182956_jpg-2215456.JPG

Trial by fire!

I tend toward that too. Took me some time to figure out these stupid baofeng deals.

My way: Pick 2 or 3 things. Read them. Write them out in your words. Do them until you understand them. Continue to do them until you can teach them to someone else.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Trial by fire!

View Quote

That’s because ham bs is goofy the way it is set up. An exam full of information most will never use and very little info you actually will. It’s meant to exclude not train in my opinion. But that is another subject all together and will derail this thread so I will stop there.

But practical application is everything. I had a fancy charging handle that was all high speed. Then I took one hike with a plate carrier and that damn latch caught on everything. The rifle hung up, the charging handle unlatched, it was awful. One small item that was terrible in actual use, but cool on the range.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suggest breaking things down into smaller training blocks that work within what you have available. Look into things like geocaching, birdwatching, hunting, etc. to provide an excuse to get yourself outside.

IMO professional training will get you in shape faster since you're paying for someone else's experience and will provide much needed context that is lacking in a FM. You don't train people by having them read an FM, it's a supplemental aide. A good example of this is establishing an objective rally point. An FM will say something like "the ORP should be 1 terrain feature away or out of small arms range of the objective area." That's nice, but w/o context one may be lead to believe a drainage ditch is a terrain feature when actually referring to cliffs, mountains, or major rivers. Context is important.  

Fortunately, fieldcraft is fairly objective in nature. You will or will not develop hypothermia in your shelter. You will land nav your way to where you needed to be by the time you needed to be there or not. You will be seen or unseen.

I really like Poole's The Last Hundred Yards since he includes a few competitive free-play exercises that focus on concurrent training. One man walks point up a trail learning how to see, everyone else is camouflaged along the trail trying to be unseen, and there's a review at the end over what did/didn't work and then it repeats with a different person walking point.

This is probably the best intro to SUT that I've seen. Hopefully someone finds it useful.
IMO Lt. Col. Wolcoff did an excellent job with Special Reconnaissance & Advanced Small Unit Patrolling and should be in everyone's PDF library.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#25]
He mispronounces his YouTube name and therefore isn’t to be trusted.

I watched his “Is 9mm lethal” video an hour ago,his is one of the very,very few YT channels I can watch.

Link Posted: 12/26/2021 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I suggest breaking things down into smaller training blocks that work within what you have available. Look into things like geocaching, birdwatching, hunting, etc. to provide an excuse to get yourself outside.

IMO professional training will get you in shape faster since you're paying for someone else's experience and will provide much needed context that is lacking in a FM. You don't train people by having them read an FM, it's a supplemental aide. A good example of this is establishing an objective rally point. An FM will say something like "the ORP should be 1 terrain feature away or out of small arms range of the objective area." That's nice, but w/o context one may be lead to believe a drainage ditch is a terrain feature when actually referring to cliffs, mountains, or major rivers. Context is important.  

Fortunately, fieldcraft is fairly objective in nature. You will or will not develop hypothermia in your shelter. You will land nav your way to where you needed to be by the time you needed to be there or not. You will be seen or unseen.

I really like Poole's The Last Hundred Yards since he includes a few competitive free-play exercises that focus on concurrent training. One man walks point up a trail learning how to see, everyone else is camouflaged along the trail trying to be unseen, and there's a review at the end over what did/didn't work and then it repeats with a different person walking point.

This is probably the best intro to SUT that I've seen. Hopefully someone finds it useful.
IMO Lt. Col. Wolcoff did an excellent job with Special Reconnaissance & Advanced Small Unit Patrolling and should be in everyone's PDF library.
View Quote

Very good post.

I was getting into geocaching before I had kids. Now they are old enough I can start doing it with them!

We go camping but it's not what I'd consider roughing it. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#27]
These threads have been great.

I'm going back to re-watch part2 later tonight.

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sometimes you just have to go on a road trip

Quoted:

That's what I always thought and felt. Like it's passive, it should be good to go. BUT in reading the link the the USMC manual on EMCON. When it went over the different EMCON levels. One of the things listed was, "GPS units, off and batteries removed". I was like oh shit, that little bastard must not be totally passive.... Gulp, good to know.

At a minimum, a lot of electronic stuff can give off RF noise even if it's not supposed to transmit anything
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Sometimes you just have to go on a road trip

At a minimum, a lot of electronic stuff can give off RF noise even if it's not supposed to transmit anything
View Quote

Recommend me a place. I ain't scared of a road trip.

I have a feeling, Vietnam recon style tactics is going to be the new topic of discussion for the foreseeable future.

Again, I wish someone would teach this stuff.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 11:55:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I have a feeling, Vietnam recon style tactics is going to be the new topic of discussion for the foreseeable future.

View Quote

Who you guys reconing? Is there a bunch of NVA running around the mountains of the USA or what? Do some recon work then calling in air strikes or large infantry units?
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 1:27:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Who you guys reconing? Is there a bunch of NVA running around the mountains of the USA or what? Do some recon work then calling in air strikes or large infantry units?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/3/2022 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Explain than? I run around the hills all the time but I have no illusions I’m doing recon patrols unless I’m scouting I guess. People saying they are going to be doing lots of LRRP is some wtf.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 2:49:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Explain than? I run around the hills all the time but I have no illusions I’m doing recon patrols unless I’m scouting I guess. People saying they are going to be doing lots of LRRP is some wtf.
View Quote

Tell me you didn't watch the video without telling me you didn't watch the video.

Link Posted: 1/3/2022 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Tell me you didn't watch the video without telling me you didn't watch the video.

View Quote

Squad of dudes with a belt fed, long range rifle and 10 mags a piece. I watched it. If I gets a fraction of his viewers under a ruck and shatters their illusions of being ready for anything I think it was a great video.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

They would emit RFI at the cpu clock frequency (and harmonics), not sure at what strength or the ability for modern equipment to pick it up though. Same for any device with a cpu from where the battery is not removed - if keyed off something will still be getting clocked waiting for a button press to bring it out of sleep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you mean this

Thank you. That's a lot of info and some dam good reading. Oh GPS I didn't think about that one... Back to map and compass and watch. I have become so spoiled with my GPS.

I can see how GPS could spoil a guy. I am a hard core map and compass type. Did freestyle land nav racing,  adventure races, etc. When the wife is in the car and we're going someplace new or difficult, she always boots up google maps and that thing puts you right on the money 99%of the time. Way too convenient.

No, a GPS is purely a radio receiver.  It does not contain a transmitter. I don't think the EMI they emit is powerful enough to be tracked. I used to be responsible for passing EMI tests with computer equipment, and the energy budget just isn't there: if a GPS emitted a strong signal inadvertently, it would significantly shorten its useful battery life.

IMO the GPS should only be started intermittently anyway. To verify a position plotted on a map, or to sort out position if nav has gone sideways. If it's hanging there running continuously it's just using battery power. Start it up, get a fix, plot on the map, shut it off.

I've got a pretty good handle on GPS operations, having used them to locate ships and seabed features all over the world, and I know a lot of folks are not clear on their operating principles. Would anyone be interested in a thread discussing how they work?

I still use my maps because it is good for me.

I understand the need for map/compass land nav. But is there a problem with using a regular GPS (not a cell phone)from a EM standpoint? They don't transmit anything. GT is wearing one in the video.

I don't know.

Correct.  Similar to how a "radar detector detector" works.  It listens for the oscillator that the detector uses.  It can be picked up using modern equipment, even older equipment, but generally gear that sensitive is costly enough that it is reserved for those who can afford to pay  a grand for a toilet seat.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Double tap.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 4:03:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Squad of dudes with a belt fed, long range rifle and 10 mags a piece. I watched it. If I gets a fraction of his viewers under a ruck and shatters their illusions of being ready for anything I think it was a great video.
View Quote

Can you do that with any of your local dudes? I'm guessing no...

And when I said Vietnam style, I meant doing it without the use of modern electronics and associated equipment. Or did you not hear that part of the video?
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 5:26:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Can you do that with any of your local dudes? I'm guessing no...

And when I said Vietnam style, I meant doing it without the use of modern electronics and associated equipment. Or did you not hear that part of the video?
View Quote

You would guess wrong sweetheart. If I couldn’t do it with friends close by what would be the point. I didn’t say that did I. I said who are you going to doing LRRP missions with and for. I think him telling people to run around with a full ruck, ammo etc will be great to crush a lot of fantasies.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You would guess wrong sweetheart. If I couldn’t do it with friends close by what would be the point. I didn’t say that did I. I said who are you going to doing LRRP missions with and for. I think him telling people to run around with a full ruck, ammo etc will be great to crush a lot of fantasies.
View Quote

Or a motivator to get better and train more.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't know about your property,  but we have a couple hundred acres in eastern KY. Odds of running into a dope grow or meth heads is enough and getting worse that I don't go traipsing around the woods like Gomer. I'm well armed and move like I don't want to be seen before I see you.

I've scared the holy hell out of people more than  once. Also set up perimeter when I sleep.

So, make fun all you want. Its kind of silly to do so..The skills are useful.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 5:41:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Don't know about your property,  but we have a couple hundred acres in eastern KY. Odds of running into a dope grow or meth heads is enough and getting worse that I don't go traipsing around the woods like Gomer. I'm well armed and move like I don't want to be seen before I see you.

I've scared the holy hell out of people more than  once. Also set up perimeter when I sleep.

So, make fun all you want. Its kind of silly to do so..The skills are useful.
View Quote

Same here honestly. It's the reason I was asking about thermal today.

Link Posted: 1/3/2022 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Or a motivator to get better and train more.
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you can or can't? I can't tell by your incoherent rambling....
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 7:57:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/3/2022 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#45]
For those looking for training in what’s covered in this video and more:

Brushbeater Training is good people- the Scout course is what you’re looking for.  Brushbeater

Badlands Fieldcraft is also good if you’re West Coast area.   Badlands Fieldcraft
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#46]

Recce'ing is to 2022 what zombie hunting was to 2006.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 12:02:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Recce'ing is to 2022 what zombie hunting was to 2006.
View Quote

That’s hilarious and true.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 3:36:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/117780/ED805722-8061-41A7-A271-41177796D858-2227451.jpg

Looks like a meme someone who has done a lot of R&S would make

Link Posted: 1/4/2022 4:08:19 AM EDT
[#49]

I am with you on this. I fail to see the point other than, good skills to know, and a great way to get in shape. That's why I suggested it as guys doing it as hunting trips, so you put some meat in the freezer while you learn some new skills and sharpen them and improve your physical shape. But sorta what is the point. Just like was said. Where would I go to test the RF output of a GPS. Into the hills. You go into the hills you are putting your self sorta right out in the open, any RF or heat is going to stick out like a sore thumb. I would think people are harder to find in there native habitat. aka the cities and burbs. Besides you are out in the woods, now what? It's NOT easy to live on the land, it's A LOT of dam work, or it can be. Sure some times of the year one can be fat and happy, but there's a reason the natives called the spring time the "hungry season".

Not knocking it, good to know, but to me it screams back country hunting trip. Nothing real world, for a civilian with no military back up. BUT I am sure you guys know far more than me, enlighten me. Now having said that, the info provided, I can see that being a gold mine to anyone that is in opposition to our military, and I am a little shocked it's out there. Mixed feelings on that one. I like knowing how things work, and capabilities, but I don't like our enemies knowing them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Mixed feelings on that one. I like knowing how things work, and capabilities, but I don't like our enemies knowing them.
View Quote

After having a discussion with an alphabet agency guy about foreign intelligence networks, I no longer worry about such things.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top