BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 7:04:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your wish has been granted.

It rides on a modified Focus platform. AWD is an option.

Built in Hermosillo!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

would be nice if it was front wheel drive.
Your wish has been granted.

It rides on a modified Focus platform. AWD is an option.

Built in Hermosillo!
I am officially flaccid at this bit of information.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 7:05:34 AM EDT
[#2]
This the result of the democrat's messy wet dream of 50mpg corporate average fuel standards.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 7:18:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You got your brodozers.  Now we get homodozers.
View Quote
Brodozers.  Goddamn cant wait for that trend to die.

I'm just sick of these new trucks that have a bed height so high and inaccessible that you can't use it until you climb inside it like a goddamn ninja.  My knees are not getting any better.

The Chads love brodozers for looking cool, but for all intents and purposes that's the only thing they excel at.  High bed height is like your lady having titties you can't reach.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 7:18:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It will not sell.

People say they want to buy it, but they won't.
View Quote
This.

People on the internet say they want a small, basic truck the size of 90's pickups, with manual everything.  They then go out and buy a crew cab Tacoma, or complain that mid size are the same as old full size, so may as well buy a new full size gargantuan truck like a King Ranch.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 7:24:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I like it!
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 7:26:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I’ll probably end up with at least a half dozen if priced properly.

I buy used f150s for all the things now.  Because they’re cheap.

Edit

I also have probably 30 sprinters now.
View Quote
For my business, I would switch over to something like this over the full sized f150 XL's and Dodge Ram Tradesmans I run now.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 8:27:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It will not sell.

View Quote
I will buy it, but then I’m not people.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Fleet managers don't sell trucks.

They buy trucks.

All the above companies you listed, don't do real well in fleet sales. The exception being dodge as of recently (we'll say post bankruptcy for sake of argument.)

VW and Subaru as a fleet vehicle? Lol. They've never had strong fleet sales period.  Let alone inside tracks to major fleets.  Let alone great service networks.

VW is trying at it again with their acquisition of Navistar.  So we'll see how that goes in the long term.
View Quote
because they build shit, the Transit Connect is a cheap van but it is very well designed with the load being reachable from multiple doors ans a 1700lb payload. I've beat the piss out of ours.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 8:58:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Two of the men in my family had Couriers in the 70s. Unremarkable in every way.
View Quote
Couriers were junk but the butterfly they morphed into in 85=90 Ranger was simply one of the best vehicles ever made. I loved the 2.9 Cologne V6, XLT 4x4 with locking hubs and low range, mine was the Supercab model and even had twin fuel tanks. I had a top end of 130 plus and with studded snow tires was the best winter and ice rig ever. I could drive mine on black ice at 100mph in 2Hi.

However the STX model which had suspension mods sucked to drive compared to the regular model. Only mod was coil over rear shocks to help with the heavy loads and it cost less than $10k
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Would be nice if it was made in the USA.

Fuck ford and their mexican shit
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck the uaw and $15 minimum wage jerkoffs.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 10:12:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Agreed but still fuck American companies, manufacturing there, and selling them into the US
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#15]
If they lease them for $150-175/mo they will move.  I remember when S-10's leased at $99/mo before they ended them.  That's where these need to be.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 11:27:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Inexpensive small hauler?  I don’t see why not.  I don’t know why they killed the ranger to begin with.

Parts trucks, yard trucks, landscapers, etc. might not need a 50K uberteuck.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 11:33:50 AM EDT
[#17]
showed to dealers?
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

In 1990, I bought an early release '91 S10 work truck.

4 cylinder, 5 speed, 6 foot bed, standard cab, no radio. 2 wheel drive.

$6995.

I used to haul a ton of coal.

2 dirt bikes or 1 quad.

Pulled my 16ft. fishing boat.

I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

There IS a market.
View Quote
in a 4 cylinder S-10?  WOW... that had to be a miserable experience
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 11:37:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hell no, why do you want an inferior vehicle?
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I think it makes sense. I see a ton of Ford Transit vans and whatever the Nissan and Chevy versions are called. Very popular around here with self employed tradesmen. So it only makes sense that a pickup version of that vehicle would sell for the guys who don't want the van.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
How much should an US auto worker make?....
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever the market dictates, not what a bunch of thugs demand.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 11:58:24 AM EDT
[#23]
The money is in $100k F350s to haul a weeks groceries and occasionally pull off onto a gravel road with. Hell, people only buy the  compact lines after they get upsized quite a bit and they'll happily pay the same as full size for it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 12:48:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This.

People on the internet say they want a small, basic truck the size of 90's pickups, with manual everything.  They then go out and buy a crew cab Tacoma, or complain that mid size are the same as old full size, so may as well buy a new full size gargantuan truck like a King Ranch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It will not sell.

This.

This is not for people who need a truck. I see this as something for someone who wants a car with occasional truck ability. If you need a truck don't buy this.

Someone like me will never buy a full size truck. I have been looking at something like a connect, Baja, or the like for a reasonable price. I like a normal sedan but every now and then I need space for furniture or an unusually large errand run.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 1:03:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This is not for people who need a truck. I see this as something for someone who wants a car with occasional truck ability. If you need a truck don't buy this.

Someone like me will never buy a full size truck. I have been looking at something like a connect, Baja, or the like for a reasonable price. I like a normal sedan but every now and then I need space for furniture or an unusually large errand run.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It will not sell.

This.

100% agree.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 1:17:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Only ARF says they want this truck. I dont know one person who is interested in a mini truck.
ARF also said they needed a mid engine Corvette....but now that's its here all they do is criticize and complain about this and that.
View Quote
I'm interested in it.  I could use a replacement for my 1998 Frontier with manual everything(even steering), and no A/C.

@Wolfpack
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 1:22:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

In 1990, I bought an early release '91 S10 work truck.

4 cylinder, 5 speed, 6 foot bed, standard cab, no radio. 2 wheel drive.

$6995.

I used to haul a ton of coal.

2 dirt bikes or 1 quad.

Pulled my 16ft. fishing boat.

I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

There IS a market.
View Quote
Yeah, but what kind of COAL?
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I loved my S-10 w/ a V6.

I see old Couriers and Rangers, and S-10s, and wish I could by any one of them as a new mini truck today for less than $20K.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 1:46:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 1:49:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Fuck storing a space taking eysesore like that.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Fuck storing a space taking eysesore like that.
View Quote
Some fold up flat against a wall.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#32]
It will look good next to the Smart FourTwo in the driveway.

Link Posted: 3/10/2020 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Not sure what's so difficult about this. Japan has mini trucks down just fine. Use what works.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 2:16:08 PM EDT
[#34]
I had a 79 Plymouth Arrow (Dodge D50 later) back in college. 77 HP It got horrible gas mileage for what it was, but it was still a pretty useful little pickup for a kid in college. Getting off and on the highway fucking sucked, but for just tooling around town, hauling lumber, moving shit in and out of your college dorm, it was cool. I even pulled an 8ft trailer with a riding lawnmower with it to mow grass for people.

Would I pull anything over 2k with it? FUCK NO.

Fleet vehicle for maintenance guys with a fuel efficient I4? Hell yeah.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 2:17:15 PM EDT
[#35]
if its 4x4 i'll by the fuck out of one
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Some fold up flat against a wall.
View Quote
I ain't bringing one into my apartment.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 2:24:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Put me down for being slightly interested in a used one for < $10,000 in a few years.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Actually it is for people who need a truck to do what a typical person needs to do from their home. I need to haul trash or brush or maybe some mulch from Lowes. I want to take a mountain bike to the trails or throw a kayak in the back. That is as much as 90% of the trucks on the road ever do.

Instead I see tons of people who claim to "need a truck" driving around in a huge vehicle with a crew cab and a 5' bed.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I ain't bringing one into my apartment.
View Quote
Ahh, that's the issue

Carry on
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 2:39:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What they are worth.

The same scum who want $15 minimum wage are the same who suck the union dick to get $30hr to get drunk at lunch and fuck off most of the day.

Building this in mexico is the only way they'll be able to sell for under $20k.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 2:41:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Not sure what's so difficult about this. Japan has mini trucks down just fine. Use what works.
View Quote
They don't sell mini trucks in the U.S.  they sell mid size trucks with shitty gas mileage.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
... but you have apparently forgotten how many rangers and s-10 trucks were on the road back then.
View Quote
My Mom is still rocking a 20-30 year old S10. I've love something like this to show up so in a year or three I can pick one up on the used market for her.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Back that into  a tight parking space or parallel park it on a city street a few times a day.   As ugly as these small trucks are, they have a place in fleets that do small deliveries or maintenance in cities.

Edit:

I thought I had quoted the picture posted of the small trailer above.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Instead I see tons of people who claim to "need a truck" driving around in a huge vehicle with a crew cab and a 5' bed.
View Quote
It’s getting hard to find any truck that isn’t 4dr any more... the market has spoken, and apparently 2 door trucks are on the endangered list. I have too many troops to transport for a 2dr anyway.

If you have 4 doors and an 8 foot bed, you’re driving a freaking Amtrak train that needs a football field to turn around in (been there done that).  Hell, it’s sometimes hard to find non-compact parking spots. If you have big mirrors (as in, maybe you use your truck for truck stuff like pulling a trailer), you might have them sticking into adjacent spots, regardless of bed length.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Its cool but ill probably end up with another Ridgeline in a few years.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
"Muh 8' plywood"

As somebody who actually does work with their truck and has owned everything from regular cab long beds, extended cabs with 6.5' beds, crew cabs with 8' beds and my current crew cab with a 5.5' bed I know what I need and what works best for me better than you.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 11:26:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Should be front wheel drive with a dropped beam axle on the rear so the bed floor can be low....not high like a normal pickup truck!  Been long overdue.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 12:36:11 AM EDT
[#48]
For years the goal of US auto market is to sell you the largest most expensive vehicle you don't need.   So now it's culturally integrated.  Case in point, AMC.  Probably would have lasted longer had they followed their euro counter parts (Land Rover), MB, Toyota and Nissan and focused to make utilitarian use vehicles for international market instead of following all other US auto makers making "big powerful pussy magnets". All they had to do is put a diesel in a Jeep CJ back when they had that window to do so.  I guarantee they would have snagged US gov contracts here and there and other gov.  This is what saved Land Rover, a notorious piece of shit vehicle that spent 15 years working it out.  US auto industry, afraid to try something different.

Simple economical fleet vehicles has been long over due.  And note, you can buy a new bare bones 1/2 ton for around $20K
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 1:10:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

For under 20k? Not a chance.

If so, I would buy one the moment it hit the lot to run around my properties on. It would be the same price as a Kawasaki Mule but more flexible.
View Quote
This.

And I bet it will also be a standard.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 1:12:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It will not sell.

View Quote
And that is what GD said about the new Samson Ruger mini-14 folding stock, which is now back-ordered 2-3 months or longer...
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top