Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I do the UPS drill.

You empty every magazine near you into a huge target without caring what you strike.

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Holy fuck, I've never seen so much revolver hate from the small wiener community.

We need more people to carry, more people to support the 2nd amendment, more people out there ready to shoot back. And the community keep taking a giant shit on anyone who carries a revolver.

Have you ever even fired a revolver?

Keep going. Keep sowing hate in the community and then wonder why high cap bans and shit get enacted.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Something like 10 shots at 40yrds in 15 seconds against a man size silhouette, gotta make 8 of the shots hits. However, as far as I can tell that's just not how things happened. From what I gather (and this could be completely wrong because I don't watch the news and I don't really care very much) he was walking toward the BG while engaging and using his non-firing hand to usher people dafuq out.

For the last 15 years I haven't practiced defensive handgun shooting in any way other than while moving except for a few drills at training classes. The training classes stressed mastering shooting in motion unless using solid cover so just standing there in one spot driving shots at a target wasn't something they spent much time on. In my opinion, if I'm not able to keep the X in motion while making reliable center mass hits then I'm training to have a duel, not a gunfight. If you want to train with some drill, train with it. Train with all the drills you can google up. If you only train one way then you're rehearsing, not training.

In any event, as far as I can tell, the Dicken drill is pretty much gunnie larping + mental masturbation meant to make people feel better about themselves while others pat them on the back for pretending to be as badass as Mr. Dicken apparently is. It is kinda neat though that we've got just unbelievable performances by 2 defensive shooters who are (apparently) essentially untrained. Mr. Rittenhouse, who's performance was nothing less than stunning given the dynamic situation & close range & the trigger control he executed. Mr. Dicken who seems to have dove into action with zero hesitation or fucks given and also seems to have not only behaved as a heroic keeper of his fellow man but also as a truly competent pistol driver in a dynamic long range situation where he displayed obviously fantastic scene control, communications, trigger control and sight picture.
View Quote

Lol i read sn as ball tickler
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Some douchenozzle here told me that training with my carry gun is just LARPing.

Guess I should stop carrying since I don’t want to be a poseur in the eyes of this wise soul.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:14:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I punched it up a bit. But the results in this thread speak for themselves. Am I wrong?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The thread title doesn't match the article.

I punched it up a bit. But the results in this thread speak for themselves. Am I wrong?

Sensationalism in headers is always wrong as it's fake news cringe to it. It also enables dupes, because others sensationalize too and some actually use the correct headers.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ah, the Fudds OP was talking about are here
View Quote

Holy Shit

Nailed it
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:15:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Guess I should stop carrying since I don't want to be a poseur in the eyes of this wise soul.
View Quote
YOU THINK UR A COP OR SOMETHING
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:16:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Go back to sleep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about what the fuck is a Dickens drill and why should I care?
Go back to sleep.

Golden opportunity to educate but you chose to scoff at him instead.

This is why we are losing the 2A long game.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:17:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The Charles Dickens drill.  
Using 3 different ghost guns shoot the Christmas goose as many times as you can before the clock strikes one.  Extra points for shooting one handed while holing a crutch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Charles Dickens drill.  
Using 3 different ghost guns shoot the Christmas goose as many times as you can before the clock strikes one.  Extra points for shooting one handed while holing a crutch.

Glorious.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sensationalism in headers is always wrong as it's fake news cringe to it. It also enables dupes, because others sensationalize too and some actually use the correct headers.
View Quote

Firstly, it's not fake news, I included the portion of the article that was Fuddy. The amount of Fudd replies bear this out. Second, this is about the post count.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:18:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Dickens ok’ed law enforcement to release his name.
I’m sure he’s fine with the drill.

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#12]
With my model 29 I know I can get six on target.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Holy fuck, I've never seen so much revolver hate from the small wiener community.

We need more people to carry, more people to support the 2nd amendment, more people out there ready to shoot back. And the community keep taking a giant shit on anyone who carries a revolver.

Have you ever even fired a revolver?

Keep going. Keep sowing hate in the community and then wonder why high cap bans and shit get enacted.

View Quote

They sow hate on a lot.

I carry a Glock. But to them it's not the rIgHt gLoCk.

I don't use red dots on carry guns. Eli did it with irons. But both not rIgHt gLoCk and irons will still get shitted on.

We are losing and will continue to lose with the hate people have here for things that isn't according to their narrow minds.

We as a community need to make a choice. Do we want uniformed my way or the highway, same model, same sighting preferences, same caliber gun, or do we want to an undivided community playing the long game for our rights while encouraging us to get out and shoot/train more?

We cannot do both.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Lol.

That’s about 85% of this place. The median age here has to be around 55-60 ish years old.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ah, the Fudds OP was talking about are here

Lol.

That’s about 85% of this place. The median age here has to be around 55-60 ish years old.

Fudd is a mindset, not an age.

I'm in my 50s. I hate Fudd mindset.

I think carrying a revolver for personal defense or combat in this age is pants-on-head stupid.

I have and love my revolvers but they are not the best modern fighting weapons. Haven't been for 100 years.

People who say a revolver is "just as good" are forcing it with convoluted justifications. Just stop. IC is better than steam, cars are better than horses, and auto-loaders are better than revolvers unless you need a hunting cartridge with more energy than 10mm.

That said I'd rather have a competent well practiced revolver expert by my side than someone with the best modern gear who can't use it effectively.

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:28:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I did it with a Buckmark and a red dot, weaver stanced, at a torso sized steel 50 yards out last week. I was ringing 7 or 8 out of 10 regularly, but it was impossible to tell where, exactly, the rounds were landing. Most of my misses were high(ish) and right (dirt bank immediately behind the target), so I guess at least most of the on-targets would be good hits.

22 lr is pretty easy. Today I'm going back with a 9mm P229 compact and irons to see if how close to that I can come. From what I've read, he may have braced off a pillar to take the first 40 yard shots. I'm betting braced I can kill it...it's a long target vertically, you just have to stay on azimuth. Our overhead shelter at the range has forward braces, but they're just beyond the firing line...not sure if the RSOs will let me use one unless the range is empty, which would be odd for a Friday.

One of the RSOs sat down on a rifle table after I told him what I was doing, and started slow fire with a full sized 45 at the same set of steels. He did really well with irons, and he was older than I am...and I'm in my sixth decade.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

10 rounds at 40 yards in 15 seconds.

You know, the 22 year old that stopped a mass shooter from across the food court with a concealed carry gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

10 rounds at 40 yards in 15 seconds.

You know, the 22 year old that stopped a mass shooter from across the food court with a concealed carry gun.

That’s not difficult on a range, shit, I can do that easy. 150 yards with my g40 is pretty easy too. I shoot at weird distances with handguns, point blank out to 200 yards, with iron sights. I’m also pretty sure the distance the guy shot the bad guy at was probably less, but he’ll, could be 40 yards, as like I said, 40 yards is not far on a torso sized target.

Under stress little more difficult.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Point shoot

No one looks at their sights in a self defense shooting

All self defense shootings are 3-5 yards max

Pocket draw is just as fast
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That’s because old folks actually have money to buy guns. We didn’t spend it all on avocado toast and video games. We believed in firm handshakes, hair on a pussy, and pistol malfunctions.

View Quote

So if that were to be even remotely close to being true, then that includes the 1st generation of Glocks then, do the math when the first Glocks reached our shores for civilian sales and what age those old folk were at the time
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We going for a Fudd trigger hat trick?
View Quote

You don't know what a fudd is, and it shows.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So does anyone know what type/model/caliber pistol he made his fame with?

That kind of shooting would be impossible I think with a small .380 pocket pistol. Probably impossible for me overall with his results at that distance.
View Quote

G19 with a weapon light and stock iron sights.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#21]
People don't like having their pocket carry, two shots at "breathing distance" is all I need, comfort zone disrupted.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:38:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RgQk93VrJ0

here's a revolver with a reload
View Quote

Isn't that the dude who tried to build his rep by shitting on Paul Harrell?  New tacti-beard a disguise?

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:38:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Firstly, it's not fake news, I included the portion of the article that was Fuddy. The amount of Fudd replies bear this out. Second, this is about the post count.
View Quote

You don't know what a fudd is, please stop using it out of context.

And second, you sensationalized, meaning your explanation still doesn't count.

And post count is lame. Ask for all of mine, you can have it as it's meaningless to me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't know what a fudd is, please stop using it out of context.

And second, you sensationalized, meaning your explanation still doesn't count.

And post count is lame. Ask for all of mine, you can have it as it's meaningless to me.

Enlighten us with your wisdom, then.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#25]
I hope the guy does an interview, and it goes something like this:

Reported:

"What was going through your mind as you were about to shoot the bad guy?"

Dicken:

"Slack out, sight picture, 1lb 2lb 3lb......"
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#26]
But…. But… but…

YOU WON’T SEE YOUR SIGHTS IN A GUNFIGHT BAD BREATH DISTANCE POINT SHOOTING IF YOU NEED TO USE SIGHTS YOU CAN’T SHOOT 99.9999% OF GUNFIGHTS HAPPEN AT 3 YARDS OR LESS YOU’LL GO TO JAIL IF YOU HAVE TO SHOOT SOMEONE PAST 21 FEET YOU SHOULD USE A RIFLE AT THAT DISTANCE.

::flails arms::

::makes armpit fart noises::
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hopefully in just a couple of years the fudds will have gone the way of the dodo
View Quote

Then the real retardation will start.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:48:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Enlighten us with your wisdom, then.
View Quote
You mean enlighten you? Because it is YOU and not "us" right now. This is not the time be be divisive as we are on the same team here.

First, it's not someone of a certain age. It's a mindset, meaning it's timeless because a fudd is a gun-owner who supports traditional hunting guns but favors gun control for other guns such as handguns or tactical rifles.

A revolver is also a handgun. This cannot be taken away or re-termed. The revolver while obsolete for modern police and modern militaries, is just obsolescent because it has been surpassed in handgun technology. But still, owning and carrying one doesn't make them a fudd, fudds the real ones want revolvers taken away too.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Won't need 8 or 8+1 shots with a proper gov't 5 inch 1911, 1-2 tops.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I do the UPS drill.

You empty every magazine near you into a huge target without caring what you strike.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/001/666/439/088.jpg
View Quote

Fuck yeah…
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Can we define “fudd”?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
But…. But… but…

YOU WON’T SEE YOUR SIGHTS IN A GUNFIGHT BAD BREATH DISTANCE POINT SHOOTING IF YOU NEED TO USE SIGHTS YOU CAN’T SHOOT 99.9999% OF GUNFIGHTS HAPPEN AT 3 YARDS OR LESS YOU’LL GO TO JAIL IF YOU HAVE TO SHOOT SOMEONE PAST 21 FEET YOU SHOULD USE A RIFLE AT THAT DISTANCE.

::flails arms::

::makes armpit fart noises::
View Quote

You can't point shoot at 40 yards.....your funeral
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:56:13 PM EDT
[#33]
It took me 30 seconds to make all 10 shots hit, my accuracy at 10 rounds at 12 seconds was eye opening
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:59:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If (and likely when) somebody gets a confirmed self defense kill at say 100 yards+ with a pistol, are people going to create the "100 yard dash drill"  and proclaim its necessity?  

I think you train for what you are able to effectively do.

Most of these people doing "drills" on youtube knows "Dicken" is currently "IN" and gets clicks and views (see MONEY)

*Cryptobro who understands how fads work in relation to making money off of them*
View Quote

Already happened. Old dude with .357 Mag pistol shot a shitbag trying to kill a cop.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#35]
for Pete's sake. Get a fricken Ivan target, measure off 40yards, shoot the piss out of it. There, you're qualified on the "Dicken Drill"

Minute of Man all day long or go home.

I guess I'm qualified to teach a 3 day "Dicken" course now, gimme my $3k dammit.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#36]
The Fudds can go ingest a backpack of Dickens!
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Gets on the internet, asked a question easily answered by the internet.....
View Quote

But mah post count bro.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Something like 10 shots at 40yrds in 15 seconds against a man size silhouette, gotta make 8 of the shots hits. However, as far as I can tell that's just not how things happened. From what I gather (and this could be completely wrong because I don't watch the news and I don't really care very much) he was walking toward the BG while engaging and using his non-firing hand to usher people dafuq out.

For the last 15 years I haven't practiced defensive handgun shooting in any way other than while moving except for a few drills at training classes. The training classes stressed mastering shooting in motion unless using solid cover so just standing there in one spot driving shots at a target wasn't something they spent much time on. In my opinion, if I'm not able to keep the X in motion while making reliable center mass hits then I'm training to have a duel, not a gunfight. If you want to train with some drill, train with it. Train with all the drills you can google up. If you only train one way then you're rehearsing, not training.

In any event, as far as I can tell, the Dicken drill is pretty much gunnie larping + mental masturbation meant to make people feel better about themselves while others pat them on the back for pretending to be as badass as Mr. Dicken apparently is. It is kinda neat though that we've got just unbelievable performances by 2 defensive shooters who are (apparently) essentially untrained. Mr. Rittenhouse, who's performance was nothing less than stunning given the dynamic situation & close range & the trigger control he executed. Mr. Dicken who seems to have dove into action with zero hesitation or fucks given and also seems to have not only behaved as a heroic keeper of his fellow man but also as a truly competent pistol driver in a dynamic long range situation where he displayed obviously fantastic scene control, communications, trigger control and sight picture.
View Quote

You forgot the 15yd head shot in the church defensive shooting.
https://fwtx.com/news/remembering-the-west-freeway-church-of-christ-shooting/

Deadly shooting at Texas church

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:12:27 PM EDT
[#39]
my body is ready.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:15:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Already happened. Old dude with .357 Mag pistol shot a shitbag trying to kill a cop.
View Quote

Anyone have a link to this event? I lost the details years ago.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:16:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Guess I should stop carrying since I don’t want to be a poseur in the eyes of this wise soul.
View Quote

The 'muh profussunial!' crowd has had a rough patch lately.

Kitted out SWAT team lets whole classrooms bleed to death.

Regular Joe with a carry permit smokes active shooter in mere seconds.

Lots of narratives busted.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The thread title doesn't match the article.
View Quote

He's talking about the comments under the article.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

They sow hate on a lot.

I carry a Glock. But to them it's not the rIgHt gLoCk.

I don't use red dots on carry guns. Eli did it with irons. But both not rIgHt gLoCk and irons will still get shitted on.

We are losing and will continue to lose with the hate people have here for things that isn't according to their narrow minds.

We as a community need to make a choice. Do we want uniformed my way or the highway, same model, same sighting preferences, same caliber gun, or do we want to an undivided community playing the long game for our rights while encouraging us to get out and shoot/train more?

We cannot do both.
View Quote

I see this attitude much more from the muh Jframe crowd.  I don't care what people carry.  

But I will state my opinion that revolvers are antiquated for carry without feeling bad about it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#44]
People on arfcom don't practice shooting anyway.

Now Hoosiers are a different story.

They can kill a skinny shooter quicker than a cat can lick its ass.

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If (and likely when) somebody gets a confirmed self defense kill at say 100 yards+ with a pistol, are people going to create the "100 yard dash drill"  and proclaim its necessity?  

I think you train for what you are able to effectively do.

Most of these people doing "drills" on youtube knows "Dicken" is currently "IN" and gets clicks and views (see MONEY)

*Cryptobro who understands how fads work in relation to making money off of them*
View Quote

One handed, from atop a horse while holding the reins of two horses:

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/cops-deadeye-aim-took-down-austin-gunman-at-100-yards-its-true-849b68c60583

Best step up your game if you want to keep up.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You mean enlighten you? Because it is YOU and not "us" right now. This is not the time be be divisive as we are on the same team here.

First, it's not someone of a certain age. It's a mindset, meaning it's timeless because a fudd is a gun-owner who supports traditional hunting guns but favors gun control for other guns such as handguns or tactical rifles.

A revolver is also a handgun. This cannot be taken away or re-termed. The revolver while obsolete for modern police and modern militaries, is just obsolescent because it has been surpassed in handgun technology. But still, owning and carrying one doesn't make them a fudd, fudds the real ones want revolvers taken away too.
View Quote

The article and I clearly posted the 333 mindset. The Dicken is well outside that. And while yes revolvers are merely tools they are largely favored by the people of the Fudd mindset (that and the 1911). The Dicken drill requires speed. Which goes against the Fudd one round per second mentality. Preferred Fudd guns would require even more speed since a reload is required. Again, goes against Fudd mentality. So, no I clearly understand what a Fudd is, you were just triggered.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:34:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shoulda searched for "trailer park"

https://www.police1.com/officer-safety/articles/citizen-shoots-trailer-park-gunman-saves-texas-officer-STLy7HQgxkb4h2um/
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:37:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I get my news here and the twitter.
View Quote
That's not helping your case the way you think it will.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:44:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Drills are important to build and test fundamentals but I've found that the real test of your actual on-demand performance is your 1st stage of the day.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Drills are important to build and test fundamentals but I've found that the real test of your actual on-demand performance is your 1st stage of the day.
View Quote

I agree.  Cold start, more adrenaline than you want.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top