BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 358
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 10:45:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Man, Jaime just can't catch a break!  Every time he tries to do something noble, like show up to fight without an army, he gets boned.  Previews show him being tried by Sansa, wonder how that's gonna turn out???
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn, now THAT'S a cliff hanger
I forgot for a second that he was the one who crippled Bran.
When he said "Old Friend", I didnt realize who till Jaime showed up.
Man, Jaime just can't catch a break!  Every time he tries to do something noble, like show up to fight without an army, he gets boned.  Previews show him being tried by Sansa, wonder how that's gonna turn out???
I didn't see a trial and if there was it probably wouldn't be led by Sansa.

Sansa isn't in charge and even if she was she's too busy worrying about less important stuff like everyone not starving to death.  Wasting time on a trial for a man over something he did over a decade ago (even though you know he was in the right) when there is an army of the dead with an undead dragon hours away seems more like something "I AM THE QUEEN!!! BEND THE KNEE!!!" would do.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Inside S8E1 with dumb and dumber.
Click To View Spoiler
Click To View Spoiler

Several characters “rode” Drogo in season 7 when Danny rescued them
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I love the new intro. Did you notice that the sun rings only show the houses left?
View Quote
Which house has a figure holding a severed head?
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Except these books haven't been written yet.
The show is beyond the books. Yes the series will end the same way as the books. But as to how each gets there remains a mystery until they are both finished.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Book readers should already know who will kill Cersei.  And it ain't Bronn.  
The show is beyond the books. Yes the series will end the same way as the books. But as to how each gets there remains a mystery until they are both finished.
Have you read the books?  There was a prophesy that got left out of the show.  From Book 4, I think.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Have you read the books?  There was a prophesy that got left out of the show.  From Book 4, I think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but we don't "know" who is going to kill Cersei based on it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:01:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I hope Tyrion has two wagons of gold....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whatever happens I'm thinking we can rule out being killed simply because that would be what happened to Littlefinger when he was accused and quickly tried. Can't see having a repeat.
I'm thinking he's still around when Bronn shows up with the crossbow.
"Whatever the price, I'll beat it! I like living"

Tyrion said that to Bronn in one of the first scenes we ever saw with the two of them once they left The Erie.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:08:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone else still skeptical with Arya?

Is it possible its a faceless man wearing her face?

They have so much to tie up in so little time, I can't believe we won't see the faceless men in this war somehow.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They have so much to tie up in so little time, I can't believe we won't see the faceless men in this war somehow.
View Quote
To what end? Every person Arya could kill a faceless man could kill wearing some random person's face.

Not to mention why would a faceless man care that much about what the Freys did to the Starks at the Red Wedding?
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
True, but it's a very short list, and I think I know who with 87% certainty.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:23:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Tyrion said that to Bronn in one of the first scenes we ever saw with the two of them once they left The Erie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whatever happens I'm thinking we can rule out being killed simply because that would be what happened to Littlefinger when he was accused and quickly tried. Can't see having a repeat.
I'm thinking he's still around when Bronn shows up with the crossbow.
He also reminded Bronn of it when they met in the last season finale.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
No.  She knows things that only Arya would know.  Might happen later, who knows.  I fully expect Jaqen to make another appearance, possibly to (try to) kill Arya.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#12]
When Jon is standing right next to his “father’s” statue in the crypt is when Sam drops the bomb.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I really hope they don't do that, it's already been done and is played out now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Euron bangs Cersi and tells her he going to put a baby in her belly.   She already had a baby in her belly from Jamie.    Does this sound familiar to any one else?

Euron will claim the bay as his when it actually Jamie's.  Just like with King Robert .
I really hope they don't do that, it's already been done and is played out now.
My wife and I were under the impression that was a bluff, and she wasn't actually pregnant to fool Tyrion into trusting her...  Made a little more apparent that was the case after Sansa's remark to him in last nights episode.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:33:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Whoever it was asking about the symbol the Walkers left at Last Hearth:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:34:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

My wife and I were under the impression that was a bluff, and she wasn't actually pregnant to fool Tyrion into trusting her...  Made a little more apparent that was the case after Sansa's remark to him in last nights episode.
View Quote
Must be a long con then because she also told Jaime she was pregnant just before he took off for Winterfell at the end of season 7.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I didn't see a trial and if there was it probably wouldn't be led by Sansa.

Sansa isn't in charge and even if she was she's too busy worrying about less important stuff like everyone not starving to death.  Wasting time on a trial for a man over something he did over a decade ago (even though you know he was in the right) when there is an army of the dead with an undead dragon hours away seems more like something "I AM THE QUEEN!!! BEND THE KNEE!!!" would do.
View Quote
I am saying the deal with Jamie is going to be the catalyst for Jon figuring out what to do about Dany possibly being Mad King 2.0.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Must be a long con then because she also told Jaime she was pregnant just before he took off for Winterfell at the end of season 7.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Before that even.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:44:14 AM EDT
[#18]
I thought it was a good episode 1 to set up the season and reunite a ton of main players.

The Sam/Bran scene was stupid.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#19]
I wonder if Arya could put a wight face on and smoke the NK?
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ain't no way no how its gonna happen this way. I agree 100% that they can't co-exist but I don't see a Dany noble sacrifice for John ending at all

ETA: I mentioned earlier about alot of foreshadowing in this episode, I think it was one of those moments when Sam questions John's actions about whether he'd have cooked his family or give up his crown for the good of the people
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm convinced that Dany will die saving John (Aegon) and putting John (Aegon) on the Iron Throne.    That is the only way this plays out.   The two cannot co-exist together so one must die.  She will sacrifice herself for him thereby allowing her followers to follow him.

John (Aegon) will be the more just ruler of the two.
Ain't no way no how its gonna happen this way. I agree 100% that they can't co-exist but I don't see a Dany noble sacrifice for John ending at all

ETA: I mentioned earlier about alot of foreshadowing in this episode, I think it was one of those moments when Sam questions John's actions about whether he'd have cooked his family or give up his crown for the good of the people
Legend of Lightbringer

Darkness lay over the world and a hero, Azor Ahai, was chosen to fight against it. To fight the darkness, Azor Ahai needed to forge a hero's sword. He labored for thirty days and thirty nights until it was done. However, when he went to temper it in water, the sword broke. He was not one to give up easily, so he started over.

The second time he took fifty days and fifty nights to make the sword, even better than the first. To temper it this time, he captured a lion and drove the sword into its heart, but once more the steel shattered.

The third time, with a heavy heart, for he knew beforehand what he must do to finish the blade, he worked for a hundred days and nights until it was finished. This time, he called for his wife, Nissa Nissa, and asked her to bare her breast. He drove his sword into her living heart, her soul combining with the steel of the sword, creating Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes.
It is very possible.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:55:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Figure out what the "person" is in Valyrian and there is your answer.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Same here. Thought that was one of the better moments in the episode.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Piss on Dumb and Dumber for squeezing what should have been 10 seasons with 10 full episodes into only 8.

They are rushing things and it shows.

Maybe it is for the best because they are too stupid to write decent dialogue.  The joke Tyrion made to Varys about not having balls?  Not funny and not really in character.  D&D just figured.... herp derp... ball joke... derp.

I think that the revelation and significance given to what she did to the Tarleys is going to play a big role in the ultimate fate of Danaerys.  She may or may not try to go all "Fire and Blood" on Jaimie next episode.  But I think the seed of doubt has been planted in Jon's mind.

I don't see any way that Bronn is going to betray both Jaimie and Tyrion.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:57:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty sure it's Arya
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:02:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Piss on Dumb and Dumber for squeezing what should have been 10 seasons with 10 full episodes into only 8.

Maybe it is for the best because they are too stupid to write decent dialogue.  The joke Tyrion made to Varys about not having balls?  Not funny and not really in character.  D&D just figured.... herp derp... ball joke... derp.

I think that the revelation and significance given to what she did to the Tarleys is going to play a big role in the ultimate fate of Danaerys.  She may or may not try to go all "Fire and Blood" on Jaimie next episode.  But I think the seed of doubt has been planted in Jon's mind.

View Quote
The preview for next week showed her talking about all the things her and Viserys discussed doing it they caught the Kingslayer.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The preview for next week showed her talking about all the things her and Viserys discussed doing it they caught the Kingslayer.
View Quote
I saw that.  But she is unpredictable.  She was quick to forgive the onion knight and the red woman after she had her conversation with Varys at Dragonstone when he basically told her to step off and that he would undermine any leader if they deserved it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#27]
I think Bran will be the one to save Jaime from Mad Queen when he taps into his visions.exe and confirms Brienne's inevitable defense of Jaime
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
She may or may not try to go all "Fire and Blood" on Jaimie next episode.
View Quote
Jaime was seen in the trailer fighting in an upcoming battle.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I think Bran will be the one to save Jaime from Mad Queen when he taps into his visions.exe and confirms Brienne's inevitable defense of Jaime
View Quote
No need. Dany already knows what Jaime told Brienne about why he killed her father.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same.  I thought Bran was referring to Sam, since they had met before at the Wall.
Then when I saw him staring at Jaime, the lightbulb went off.  "Ooooooh....shit..."
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Huh? It's always been one season per book, until they got to the last book. That got split into 13 episodes over 2 seasons
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I think she is planning on taking out the night king or his leaders.
View Quote
With her Faceless skills, could she impersonate a White Walker to get close? Funky / disassemblable weapon intended for concealment?
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm betting she takes her army to the causeway and blocks off any ability for Jon/Dany to retreat from the north, hoping they all kill each other enough that she can come in afterwards and mop up whoever survives.
View Quote
I doubt it, they say repeatedly that Moat Cailin is extremely vulnerable from the North and there no nowhere to camp an army south of it until you hit the riverlands.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Huh? It's always been one season per book, until they got to the last book. That got split into 13 episodes over 2 seasons
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Book 3 got two seasons.  There was barely enough in book 5 for one season, much less two. There is no book out that covers what is happening now.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Did anyone recognize the actor that played Dickon (Tom Hopper) as Luther Hargreeves (the big hairy guy) from Umbrella Academy?

Cersei sleeping with Euron accomplishes a lot for Cersei, including some CYA with regard to the incestuous origins of the unborn child.

Who will Arya kill while wearing Littlefinger's face? Cersei seems a good candidate for that as she would not expect a physical threat from Peter Baelish.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:37:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Did anyone recognize the actor that played Dickon (Tom Hopper) as Luther Hargreeves (the big hairy guy) from Umbrella Academy?

Cersei sleeping with Euron accomplishes a lot for Cersei, including some CYA with regard to the incestuous origins of the unborn child.

Who will Arya kill while wearing Littlefinger's face? Cersei seems a good candidate for that as she would not expect a physical threat from Peter Baelish.
View Quote
Never saw Umbrella Academy, I recognized him as 'Billy Bones' from 'Black Sails'... fucking guy 6' 5" and jacked. I wouldn't
want to mess with him.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Book 3 got two seasons.  There was barely enough in book 5 for one season, much less two. There is no book out that covers what is happening now.
View Quote
I should have said "unreleased book"
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#39]
FINGERS CROSSED

Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No.  She knows things that only Arya would know.  Might happen later, who knows.  I fully expect Jaqen to make another appearance, possibly to (try to) kill Arya.
View Quote
I don't know why this would happen. Seems that arc has ran its course. When Arya told Jaqen she was Arya Stark and was going home, he had a look of approval on his face. Despite the mysterious nature of Arya's time in the House of Black and White, I think people read too much into it and that it was really nothing more than her being trained to be a badass.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Well then you must think John will die ... again.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well then you must think John will die ... again.  
Not at all. I've zero issues with Dany dying to clean up the throne. I just don't necessarily see her character as the dying to save Jon type. It is too...clean and pretty and made for TV and cliche at best. I'd much rather see her get murdered by Arya or Sansa or some other death.

Theres alot of potential for happily ever afters. I just don't see it happening
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:49:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even that would still be incorrect.

There are 8 seasons and will be at least 7 books.   Book 3 was the one that got split into 2 seasons. Not "the last book."
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#43]
I guess the Sand Snake Mother/Daughter story just ended off camera.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:51:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It will be epic if he kills Cerci.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good episode

Hope Bronn doesnt do it.
It will be epic if he kills Cerci.
Word!
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I guess the Sand Snake Mother/Daughter story just ended off camera.  
View Quote
Maybe, but Ellaria (mama Sand Snake) is, presumably, still alive.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 12:58:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No need. Dany already knows what Jaime told Brienne about why he killed her father.
View Quote
When did she learn that stuff?
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Who does Arya kill while wearing Littlefinger's face?!?!

You know it's coming.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 1:03:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tyrion told her when she wanted to burn down cities in Essos killing thousands of innocent people.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Tyrion told her when she wanted to burn down cities in Essos killing thousands of innocent people.
View Quote
That sounds familiar. Do you know which episode or have a link to the scene?

I think the Ep2 preview was just a diversion. She'll probably say all that stuff shown in the preview and then admit her dad was a piece of shit.
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top