Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:10:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm waiting for package deal that it comes with a Glock bayonet and hand grenade.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wanna see their take on an AR15 mag
View Quote

PeeMag versus GeeMag
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

PMag style with metal reinforced lips might be a game changer.  Then again, if PMags are the "best", why  not just use them?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:10:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

PMag style with metal reinforced lips might be a game changer.  Then again, if PMags are the "best", why  not just use them?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Using perfected magazines in a perfected AR could be like dividing by zero.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:17:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Thanks for sharing OP
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks for sharing OP
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks for sharing OP

You're welcome.  I always appreciate that your videos are short and get right to the point.  Keep rocking.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Will this be the porcelain models?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:23:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're going to plasti dip steel E-Landers.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why would anyone want that though? The AR-15 is great but it’s not exactly new. Glock making a copy wouldn’t be anything special.

We need a Glock blowback PCC.
View Quote

They have a prototype of one, but have never really bothered to release it
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:27:17 PM EDT
[#10]

How many ARs do you know that do brass to face?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:43:44 PM EDT
[#11]

The kabooms will be epic.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:45:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I would buy OEM Glock AR mags.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

The AR-7 is kind of a neat little rifle.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:47:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Driving down the prices for quality AR's. Not a Glock! Waste of space!
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#15]
My bottom line on a Glock AR is that it's totally unnecessary and wastes manufacturing capacity best suited to something else UNLESS:

The rocket scientists at Glock put pen to paper and re-engineer some things "the Glock way."

1.  Redesign bolt to minimize breakage, especially at the cam pin hole and bolt lugs
2.  Make a genuine, drop-in free float handguard by re-engineering the delta ring and front end cap
3.  Produce a high quality, bullet proof back up iron sight
4.  Make the barrel/flash hider suppressor ready moreso than a standard A2 hider/barrel combo.
5.  Engineer a high quality lightweight barrel less prone to barrel whip and loss of accuracy when heated up (I know this ain't a big thing as per
    an older MrGunsngear video but we're talking fine tuning  here).
6.  Maybe at long last, a durable polymer upper and lower with steel inserts where appropriate that can stand up to the pounding of a rilfle cartridge.

Anything else less than genuine innovations is "just another AR" that we don't need.

If I think of anything else I'll edit this post.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Because apparently they're making it to compete in British Army trials.

If they bring an AR style 5.56 rifle to the market it'll sell. I'd buy one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would anyone want that though? The AR-15 is great but it’s not exactly new. Glock making a copy wouldn’t be anything special.

Because apparently they're making it to compete in British Army trials.

If they bring an AR style 5.56 rifle to the market it'll sell. I'd buy one.

As I understand it, the UK already has an AR15 for its spec ops ?

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If Glock made an AR15, it'd be a direct blowback open bolt 5.56 that likes to blow up with a square handguard and "PERFECTION" stamped everywhere.
View Quote

...and will kick brass into your face and have plastic sights.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:17:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Why would Glock make a product for an already saturated market?
View Quote

Bundling ARs with replacement pistols for every Agency that already uses their pistols.

If the agency doesn't use Glock pistols there is a decent chance they will in the future, having AR platform rifles give Glock another tool in their sales tool box.
Lost leaders, replace the agency whole armor in one purchase, I'm sure there's more.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I was really worried there weren’t enough manufacturers making an AR15 of some sort.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Not a single “does it take Glock mags?” joke?

Y’all are starting to slip.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:35:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I give them credit for what they accomplished originally. They went balls deep into securing every law enforcement contract they could as well. But at some point time catches up. Adapt or die. Plenty of other companies adapted and took a bite out of glock sales. If the ar15 is glock I just don’t see the excitement. If they gave it a side folder and some cosmetic change to stand out from the ten million other ar15 rifles being sold by everyone and their mother it could be something. I’m more curious if this is an actual announcement from glock or are they working on something else?
View Quote

They continue to do one very smart thing: they sell mags at (in some cases) 1/2 the price of their competitors. A Sig P320 may cost the same as a G19, but kit them both out with 6 spare mags and the Glock wins the bid every time. And the G17 or G19 mag is likely one of the top 10 barter items around for gun people.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Not a single Glock made has “PERFECTION” stamped on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By runningunz87:
If Glock made an AR15, it'd be a direct blowback open bolt 5.56 that likes to blow up with a square handguard and "PERFECTION" stamped everywhere.

Not a single Glock made has “PERFECTION” stamped on it.

Sure is all over their website:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I want to see the BCG and see what they may have done differently.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If Glock is making an AR, they’re a few years too late.
View Quote

Isn't that their business model?

People have been asking them for a PCC for decades with no response.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not a single “does it take Glock mags?” joke?

Y’all are starting to slip.
View Quote

Does the other thread count?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Supposedly-a-Glock-AR-15-style-rifle-in-British-service-rifle-trials/118-776260/&page=1&anc=8479222#i8479222
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:59:19 PM EDT
[#26]
It is April 1st already?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#27]
PERFEKTION
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

As I understand it, the UK already has an AR15 for its spec ops ?

View Quote

Yes, various types from Diemaco, HK, LMT, and possibly a few others.

The British military had some in limited service prior to it being adopted by the U.S military. I think they bought them for jungle warfare during the Malaysian Emergency.

The Royal Marines pushed hard to adopt the M16 in the 1980s, during the early introduction of the SA80. They ended up with compact HK33 variants for special troops.

My money is on LMT or Diemaco winning new contracts. British mil and police are very fond of LMT products and have bought various models in various calibres.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My bottom line on a Glock AR is that it's totally unnecessary and wastes manufacturing capacity best suited to something else UNLESS:

The rocket scientists at Glock put pen to paper and re-engineer some things "the Glock way."

1.  Redesign bolt to minimize breakage, especially at the cam pin hole and bolt lugs
2.  Make a genuine, drop-in free float handguard by re-engineering the delta ring and front end cap
4.  Make the barrel/flash hider suppressor ready moreso than a standard A2 hider/barrel combo.
5.  Engineer a high quality lightweight barrel less prone to barrel whip and loss of accuracy when heated up (I know this ain't a big thing as per
6.  Maybe at long last, a durable polymer upper and lower with steel inserts where appropriate that can stand up to the pounding of a rilfle cartridge.

Anything else less than genuine innovations is "just another AR" that we don't need.

View Quote
Someone posted a bunch of patents Glock had filed for.  I believe at least some were an AR15 bolt design but can't remember the rest.

Either way, they'll sell if they ever bring them to market.  People said Springfield was late to the party also, but they still sold a bazillion Saints.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:24:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Because .gov monies.
View Quote

They are losing contracts to other vendors and want more of the sweet .gov contract money.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Still less gay than the MCX

Piston guns confirmed gay
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#32]
If true, I'll probably buy one. Either that or that new Sig SPEAR.

GD sure hates AR15s which is ironic considering...
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Talk about being late to the party. Really, what can Glock offer that every other swinging dick hasn't already done? I'm a Glock fanboy, but I'll pass. I'd really prefer they listen to their customer base that has been asking for a PCC for decades.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Why would Glock make a product for an already saturated market?
View Quote

Safe money. Proven platform, Glock fan base, Glock reputation. It’s easy money for them.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
How many threads do we need on this?
View Quote

220, 221 whatever it takes.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Doubt it’s anything special compared to the current selection of rifles available but I would probably buy one if it’s reasonable.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 4:08:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Hopefully the video is more accurate than his Stag Arms charging handle reports from back in the day.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Doubt it’s anything special compared to the current selection of rifles available but I would probably buy one if it’s reasonable.
View Quote

Many of the current selection of rifles are no longer reasonable though. $1500 - $2k AR15s seem to be the norm now.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#39]
The suspense is killing me. I want one. I really believe that if Glock is involved, it will be a great weapon.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Especially when the lowers were machined so poorly that and you could see daylight coming through some of the roll stamps.

Ahh, the good ole days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yay.  Another roll mark design to pick from.  Someone needs to bring back the Olympic Arms lion, it was my favorite roll mark.

Especially when the lowers were machined so poorly that and you could see daylight coming through some of the roll stamps.

Ahh, the good ole days.

Today you'll pay 10x the price for those fancy "lightening" cuts to save .01 oz on your blaster.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, that would be the AR-7 model and it costs more than you make in a month.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 4:24:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Word is they went to Anderson to obtain the basic parts along with some special 'glock features' machined into the upper/lower. Word is Gaston's wife likes the pony.

I'm telling you heads will explode. Literally.

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yes, various types from Diemaco, HK, LMT, and possibly a few others.

The British military had some in limited service prior to it being adopted by the U.S military. I think they bought them for jungle warfare during the Malaysian Emergency.

The Royal Marines pushed hard to adopt the M16 in the 1980s, during the early introduction of the SA80. They ended up with compact HK33 variants for special troops.

My money is on LMT or Diemaco winning new contracts. British mil and police are very fond of LMT products and have bought various models in various calibres.
View Quote

So a glock branded AR that they will only grudingly bring to the consumer market or LMT British Ranger overrun LMT rifles for big bucks? I know which massively overpriced option I hope they choose!
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:35:53 PM EDT
[#45]
In for SA 80 parts kits
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm done with the AR-15.  Why not make a rifle in a more powerful cartridge that actually addresses some of the issues of the platform?  I have enough AR, I want something in a larger caliber, not .308, that isn't an AR-15.  Glock as usual didn't do what I want and they should be ashamed of that.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:22:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
You missed one.

#7 Make money for glock.  That is why they are in business.  If this is successful it gives them the ability be a one stop shopping for PD and small/medium military contracts.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#48]

I'm surprised they didn't try to create a shitty new grip angle for this as well
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Model name, Perfection-15
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 11:20:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

A Glock PCC is a good idea. If the price is reasonable, I think it would be a successful venture for them.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top