BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So was this a false flag op to push the good guy with gun narrative or does false flag only go one way?
Asking for a friend…
View Quote

No one cares if you go both ways.  Pick one.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

He should be given a reserved parking spot close to the entrance of his choice and a first responder discount on anything he buys.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Provided he didn't hit anyone else and knew what was behind his target, then:

https://c.tenor.com/e7558N5BHEMAAAAM/clap-slowclap.gif
View Quote

I am guessing the backstop was a bathroom door.  Well played Eli!
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Girlfriend of armed citizen says he pushed her to safety before engaging mall shooter
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
https://heavy.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/elisjsha-dicken.jpg?quality=15&strip=all&w=1100

Elisjsha Dicken

He also shared a post that read, “Arms are the only true badge of liberty.”

https://heavy.com/news/elisjsha-dicken/
View Quote

Based zoomer
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Democrats didn't want to give that kid any credit for saving the day.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 7:42:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Good to see he's being represented by Guy Relford.  Guy is a regular on the radio here and I listen to him a lot (he's also frequently a guest host on a  popular morning radio show).  A little wordy on his radio show, but always has sound info.

https://www.wibc.com/show/gun-guy/
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So, I get that what I'm about to say is kind of tin foil, but .

Remember how all the riots seemed to just kind of stop after Rittenhouse did the thing?

We've had four high profile mass shooting events in how many weeks? Wonder if they stop?

Ok, putting down the Reynolds Wrap
View Quote

I’ve already thought of the same thing.  It will stop for a while or will be a major change in tactics.  Historically malls have not worked out well for AS that weren’t actually gang fights.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There is this weird movement to infantilize anyone under 30 these days.  Spelling out  "22-year-old", like that matters or that's some kind of low threshold on how old one should be to own a firearm, use a firearm, protect people, eliminate threats, what???

Why the stress on the age of the ccw?  Like 22 years old is a child or something?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

There is this weird movement to infantilize anyone under 30 these days.  Spelling out  "22-year-old", like that matters or that's some kind of low threshold on how old one should be to own a firearm, use a firearm, protect people, eliminate threats, what???

Why the stress on the age of the ccw?  Like 22 years old is a child or something?

When I was 22 I was on my second OIF deployment and a married home-owning cop in my civilian life. This trend of infantalizing adults is ludicrous.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 7:59:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not everything is about White Supremacy. It could have been about abortion. It could be that he is just nuts. I am leaning towards he is a violent person who takes drugs and wanted to get his 5 minutes of fame.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does White Supremacy fit into it?

That's the angle. Everything is political. EVERYTHING.

I think you are wrong. The shooter was there because his girlfriend could not get an abortion in Indiana.

How is that not political? it's a statement about the Scotus decision. Of course it is a political statement. What rational person would kill others because he can't kill the unborn? Because of a lack of services? It's directly related to the SCOTUS decision to let states decide based on the mores and norms of those living in their states. He took up violence because he was not happy with the state's decision.

Not everything is about White Supremacy. It could have been about abortion. It could be that he is just nuts. I am leaning towards he is a violent person who takes drugs and wanted to get his 5 minutes of fame.

The whole thing is always sold as White Euro Male Patriarchy supremacy. Very distinctive and well-defined lines. Everyday in the media. In education. Out of the WH. IT is literally a political fight between "the old and new". 'White Supremancy' is a catchall used by the Left for everything they don't like (it's code for MAGA hat conservatism). It's not a coincidence if it was about 'abortion' and the current ruling now is it? Way too coincidental. The indoctrination and conditioning in schools is absurd. Leftist cultural Marxism BS. It was absurd. 30 years ago. More now so.

Abortion issue is about feminism vs. traditional family values. It's about religious/ moral conviction vs. radicalized feminism.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:01:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder if malls will start pulling down signs.  

Limiting a person's right to self defense when it is lawful for that person to carry seems like a huge lawsuit waiting to happen.

"87 people got shot by a nut case outside Game Stop and 3 CWP permitted people were killed.  Family of the dead CWP people sue the mall because their rules prevented lawfully armed people from being armed in their establishment and the the establishment failed to ensure their safety."

Hmmm?
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The crazy thing is.. I don't think Indiana has passed any laws on abortion yet, so she could have.

Gonna probably call BS on that one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somebody said he was mad his girlfriend couldn't get an abortion in Indiana. Guess it could have been his girlfriend's boyfriend who knocked her up.

The crazy thing is.. I don't think Indiana has passed any laws on abortion yet, so she could have.

Gonna probably call BS on that one.

I was going off the presumption the poster I quoted was being truthful.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Elisjsha Dicken did what 400 cops couldn't do.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Well how about that shit!  Defender engaged the AS AND pressed home his counter attack.  Fucking bad ass!

"I will say his actions were nothing short of heroic," Ison said. "He engaged the gunman from quite a distance with a handgun, was very proficient in that, very tactically sound, and as he moved to close in on the suspect he was also motioning for people to exit behind him."
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Elijah was 40 yards away when he shot the murderer
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Between this guy and jumping out of burning building guy, I’m feeling pretty damn good about you non-first responder Hoosier hero guys. Job well done.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:11:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

So he used a pole as a rest according to that story.

Has the RDS or not, and which particular Glock been disclosed?
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well how about that shit!  Defender engaged the AS AND pressed home his counter attack.  Fucking bad ass!

"I will say his actions were nothing short of heroic," Ison said. "He engaged the gunman from quite a distance with a handgun, was very proficient in that, very tactically sound, and as he moved to close in on the suspect he was also motioning for people to exit behind him."
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Liberal media: HE WASN'T A COP, HE WASN'T MILITARY THEREFORE HE COULDN'T POSSIBLY GOOD AT ANYTHING NO TRAINING SHOOTING REEEEEEE

Meanwhile NY wants 2 solid hours of target shooting proficiency for new pistol permits. I'm sure the media will still it as "uNtRaiNed" shooters on our streets, BLOOD IN THE STREETS, THEY'LL BE SHOOTING BYSTANDERS!!!

Because they're constantly bitching that every armed citizen will plaster the bystanders 360 degrees in a self defense shooting, and kill a baby in bed 2 miles down the road

The liberals bullshit is slowly closing up and they really don't have much more to go on that they'll have to come up with new ideas
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

odds are good - USPSA shooter or similar
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#24]
He and Kyle can share a beer together.  I hope Kyle is already having his people quietly reach out to Eli.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Between this guy and jumping out of burning building guy, I’m feeling pretty damn good about you non-first responder Hoosier hero guys. Job well done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

For those who don't know what you're talking about:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Man-saves-children-from-house-fire-/5-2569384/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11017417/Dramatic-moment-hero-Indiana-man-rescues-4-children-18-year-old-sister-house-fire.html#readerCommentsCommand-message-field

His GoFundme is up to 71k.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:19:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If I had a dollar for every time people ask me why I shoot (at) sporting clays on the 135 yard berm with my CC, I could buy a tank of gas.

I don’t hit them every time, but never miss by more than a foot. Why practice point shooting under 7 yards? Why do I shoot targets at 25 and 50 yards? Why practice double taps at 1-7 yards? lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I had a dollar for every time people ask me why I shoot (at) sporting clays on the 135 yard berm with my CC, I could buy a tank of gas.

I don’t hit them every time, but never miss by more than a foot. Why practice point shooting under 7 yards? Why do I shoot targets at 25 and 50 yards? Why practice double taps at 1-7 yards? lol

I don't go quite that extreme with distance and target size, but I like shooting at small things a long ways away with a handgun, and I like to practice with DA a lot since I do carry DA/SAs sometimes. It's pretty satisfying knowing you're hitting within minute of man at those distances.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Shooter and his guns posing for the gram.  https://imgur.com/a/nsdgv0Q
Don't appear to be daniel defense roll marks, so maybe the FBI handlers were running low on funds.

https://twitter.com/JURYR00M/status/1549127583014453249?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Liberal media: HE WASN'T A COP, HE WASN'T MILITARY THEREFORE HE COULDN'T POSSIBLY GOOD AT ANYTHING NO TRAINING SHOOTING REEEEEEE

Meanwhile NY wants 2 solid hours of target shooting proficiency for new pistol permits. I'm sure the media will still it as "uNtRaiNed" shooters on our streets, BLOOD IN THE STREETS, THEY'LL BE SHOOTING BYSTANDERS!!!

Because they're constantly bitching that every armed citizen will plaster the bystanders 360 degrees in a self defense shooting, and kill a baby in bed 2 miles down the road

The liberals bullshit is slowly closing up and they really don't have much more to go on that they'll have to come up with new ideas
View Quote

I’ve debated this to the point I know it’s willful cognitive dissonance to the leftist cult members:  

Narrative- There is no way that a trained officer can take down an active shooter armed with a rifle with just a pistol, much less an untrained civilian.

Fact -  The vast majority of AS are untrained civilians.  The Uvalde shooter had never shot a gun in his life.  The mere act of being an active shooter does not automatically bestow on them tactical competence and expert marksmanship.  Most ANYONE that voluntarily carries a firearm for self defense has more training than the typical AS.

In spite of the demonstrable incidents available where rifle armed attackers were taken down with pistols, untrained criminals being taken down by barely trained citizens, they WILL NOT let logic kill that sacred cow narrative.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:36:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

An unfortunate acquaintance of mine who somehow passed the bar, suggested on social media today that the 22yo violated the rights of the perp by killing him and ending the massacre.

He's a moron.  Morons with law licenses are dangerous to a free society.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't see what damages he would liable for unless one of his bullets hit an innocent.

It will likely cost 5-10k+ in lawyer fees to clear him from the civil suits.  Fees that he will never be able to recover most likely.

An unfortunate acquaintance of mine who somehow passed the bar, suggested on social media today that the 22yo violated the rights of the perp by killing him and ending the massacre.

He's a moron.  Morons with law licenses are dangerous to a free society.
A righteous shoot in Indiana is immune from civil liability
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:39:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I’ve debated this to the point I know it’s willful cognitive dissonance to the leftist cult members:  

Narrative- There is no way that a trained officer can take down an active shooter armed with a rifle with just a pistol, much less an untrained civilian.

Fact -  The vast majority of AS are untrained civilians.  The Uvalde shooter had never shot a gun in his life.  The mere act of being an active shooter does not automatically bestow on them tactical competence and expert marksmanship.  Most ANYONE that voluntarily carries a firearm for self defense has more training than the typical AS.

In spite of the demonstrable incidents available where rifle armed attackers were taken down with pistols, untrained criminals being taken down by barely trained citizens, they WILL NOT let logic kill that sacred cow narrative.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most cops are not shooters.  Many "former military" have  even less training and trigger time.  

Most people that are dedicated to conceal carry have budgets to shoot that would make most police departments jealous.

However, the anti-gun and defund-the-police people don't give a squat about that.  They are just anti-anything thwarts evil.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Has it been mentioned the mall that thanked the defender had a no firearms policy that the defender violated?

Lesson there
View Quote
It's Indiana, the sign doesn't mean shit, and if a business wants to throw me out, that's fine, but every individual in the building will know how pissed I am, and I will irritate the fuck out of the owner until I get a public apology.  There are too many of us that carry in this wonderful state for them to get away with that shit.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Google maps has a good picture of the food court (earlier in this thread) that shows the poles are somewhat good cover/appear to be structural and have a pedestal at a nice height to serve as a rest.

Given Elisjsha's savvy/skills, I would not be surprised if he picked a seat next to one on purpose.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Shooter and his guns posing for the gram.  https://imgur.com/a/nsdgv0Q
Don't appear to be daniel defense roll marks, so maybe the FBI handlers were running low on funds.

https://twitter.com/JURYR00M/status/1549127583014453249?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
View Quote

The police chief during the press conference identified the weapon used as a Sig M400.  In the bathroom they found a S&W MP15 and a Glock chambered in .357 Sig.

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The police chief during the press conference identified the weapon used as a Sig M400.  In the bathroom they found a S&W MP15 and a Glock chambered in .357 Sig.

View Quote

I think thats them in the photos then.  The sig is the one with the red dot and no irons and the 40rd extendo mag.  The S&W has the front sight post and magpul real sight.  The glock is pictured with them.  I cant make out what that is in his front wasteband.  Looks like it could be an IWB holster or maybe a folding knife?  

I bet he was wishing he's gotten a plate carrier instead of just a mag carrier as he laid there on the floor dying.

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Has it been mentioned the mall that thanked the defender had a no firearms policy that the defender violated?

Lesson there
View Quote

The lesson is that it's easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

we shoot our pistols on the rifle range at the medium and large 100 yard gongs for good reasons.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 9:10:34 PM EDT
[#38]

40 yards away. Fuck yeah! Hope the good guy received some uhmm . . . extra attention from his girlfriend after the incident.

Maybe Uvalde PD can hire him as a consultant to help them find their balls.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 9:14:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn…That’s impressive under pressure with a moving target. Perp had no idea he was about to receive extra holes and leak, good! Biden should give him the Presidential Medal or Freedom and make him chief of police in Uvalde.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Guy spent the last 2 years popping with them at the range. Little doubt it could have gone much worse. Imagine what the folks working at the range are thinking.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Limiting a person's right to self defense when it is lawful for that person to carry seems like a huge lawsuit waiting to happen.

"87 people got shot by a nut case outside Game Stop and 3 CWP permitted people were killed.  Family of the dead CWP people sue the mall because their rules prevented to lawfully armed people from being armed in their establishment and the the establishment failed to ensure their safety."

Hmmm?
View Quote

Time to push liability for premisis open go the public that ban firearms
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Local to me.  Good job Eli.  If you are a member I'd love to buy you a beer once everything is settled.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 10:14:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Seymour. Southern Indiana just north of the Louisville area. As another Hoosier from "God's Country" we still by and large are self sufficient and want to be left alone.

Hero!
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

"87 people got shot by a nut case outside Game Stop and 3 CWP permitted people were killed.  Family of the dead CWP people sue the mall because their rules prevented lawfully armed people from being armed in their establishment and the the establishment failed to ensure their safety."

Hmmm?
View Quote
In northern Iraq, Kurdistan for those who have been overseas, all malls have metal detectors and guards with AKs or ARs depending on the city.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 10:23:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Kid probably had 18 years of deer seasons and shot a 22lr at squirrels since he was a kid. Yes, transitioning to a pistol is different, but I'd bet the farm he had amazing trigger discipline and peripheral aim.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 10:26:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The lesson is that it's easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission.
View Quote
Exactly. Judged by 12 rather than carried by 6 and all that.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I don't like to dehumanize people, but these communists are not humans...

ROCK6
View Quote

Where is the like button ??
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 10:27:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I'm really curious if he was an airsofter or anything like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm really curious if he was an airsofter or anything like that.

That or maybe the kids actually taken some legit classes. I’ve taken a few Scott Jedlinski classes and one of the things each covered was quickly closing distance while still getting your hits.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 10:29:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

ROCK6
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are deranged hyperventaliating fools that do not think for themselves.

ROCK6
  1. Communists were never people to begin with.
  2. You can't dehumanize what's not human.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 10:31:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It's a shame that people died but an excellent example of how the "good guy with a gun" is 100% a damage limiting factor.  Of course, the media will never accurately report on DGU.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shooter armed with rifle/multiple magazines. Good Guy With a Gun takes them down before the first mag was empty. That won't make MSNBC.

It's a shame that people died but an excellent example of how the "good guy with a gun" is 100% a damage limiting factor.  Of course, the media will never accurately report on DGU.
The stark difference between Police response vs Joe Citizen Constitutionally armed is fucking night and day. Waiting around for the cops who may or may not act on public behalf is a poor choice when a brave competent man or woman is on scene and able to act effectively. Sure I understand this isn't some 100% deal but it is what I would choose and one reason I carry. If I died trying at least I went out on my feet.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top