BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 10:35:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That or maybe the kids actually taken some legit classes. I've taken a few Scott Jedlinski classes and one of the things each covered was quickly closing distance while still getting your hits.
View Quote
Or if he grew up in rural Seymour, he probably has "trained" for almost 20 years.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
This kid makes me proud. I’m somewhat local to him so maybe one day I can meet him and shake his hand. Makes me want to keep teaching my kid how to shoot as he had an absolute blast last weekend when he got to shoot several different calibers.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 10:48:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Buying a red dot won't help you hit at 50 yards.  Practicing with whatever setup you have will help you hit at 50 yards.
View Quote

Not if you need bi-focal glasses. I’m very accurate up to ten yards with front sight. With a red dot distance does not matter as far as aiming. Grip and trigger pull matter.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 10:55:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Cheers Eli

If you're reading this, thank you for being a man, and a model American.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 10:59:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 11:21:28 PM EDT
[#6]
From Twitter:

"You can't have civilians with guns out there. If there's a mass shooter, the civilians don't have the proper training to stand around for an hour hoping the situation resolves itself."
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 11:35:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

From what little I’ve heard about this situation, I’d guess a parent/guardian/mentor with LEO experience taught this young man well.
View Quote

This.

all it takes is one Parent/Guardian/Mentor with street skills and a gun hobby.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 11:35:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Saw a couple of comments from Yahoo.

Commenter 1 - They should give mall security video footage to the Uvalde Police department for training.
Commenter 2 - Why?  They would just wait outside the room until the video was over.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 12:08:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
From Twitter:

"You can't have civilians with guns out there. If there's a mass shooter, the civilians don't have the proper training to stand around for an hour hoping the situation resolves itself."
View Quote
BURN
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 12:41:45 AM EDT
[#10]
As for someone suing the hero who stopped the carnage, man, if that happens Indiana and other states should look into indemnifying CCW holders who legally defend themselves and others.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 1:35:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As for someone suing the hero who stopped the carnage, man, if that happens Indiana and other states should look into indemnifying CCW holders who legally defend themselves and others.
View Quote

Already done.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 1:48:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Imagine he would have stopped the shooter with a plastic straw rammed into his eye ball.
The left would have lost their mind because straws are killing the planet and civilians shouldn't have access to straws.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 1:50:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I’m just kinda shocked about all this.I’m a Indianapolis native currently residing in Florida and have frequented Greenwood Mall and that food court since the mid 90’s.I used to live right down the street from there on County Line Rd.Pre Dick’s getting political I’d bought 1000’s of rounds of ammo from the Dick’s sporting goods just outside that food court.Greenwood is the mall where all the surrounding rural communities come and shop.People travel from as far away as Bedford,IN to shop there…I’d say most men and some women in that mall at any given time are armed.Indiana good ol’ boys don’t fuck around.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 1:56:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Already done here... Indiana passed a "Gun Owners Bill of Rights", that basically protects them from civil liability in what a court rules is a lawful use of deadly force.  He didn't even have a CCW, he was carrying under the new constitutional carry law.

https://www.in.gov/attorneygeneral/files/Gun-Owners-Bill-of-Rights_Web.pdf

Q: Could I be sued if I use my gun to defend myself, my home, or a
third person?

A: While it is very easy to file a lawsuit against anyone, Indiana law
provides complete civil immunity to a person who uses force (including
deadly force) if that force is justified under Indiana’s self-defense statute.
Ind. Code § 35-41-3-2. If a court determines a person who files a
lawsuit was committing a forcible felony or attempting to cause unlawful
serious bodily injury or death at the time justified force was used against
them in self-defense, the case will be dismissed. The original attacker
will be required to cover additional costs, including attorneys’ fees. This
law also applies to the family or estate of a person who is killed through
the justified use of force. Ind. Code § 34-30-31-1.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 1:59:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I’m just kinda shocked about all this.I’m a Indianapolis native currently residing in Florida and have frequented Greenwood Mall and that food court since the mid 90’s.I used to live right down the street from there on County Line Rd.Pre Dick’s getting political I’d bought 1000’s of rounds of ammo from the Dick’s sporting goods just outside that food court.Greenwood is the mall where all the surrounding rural communities come and shop.People travel from as far away as Bedford,IN to shop there…I’d say most men and some women in that mall at any given time are armed.Indiana good ol’ boys don’t fuck around.
View Quote

That's the problem

The miscreants have destroyed Washington Sq and Lafayette Sq.. they've turned about turned Castleton Sq into a cesspool.. now they are moving to Greenwood.

I think they'll find a lot different type of people in Greenwood.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 2:11:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Shooter and his guns posing for the gram.  https://imgur.com/a/nsdgv0Q
Don't appear to be daniel defense roll marks, so maybe the FBI handlers were running low on funds.

https://twitter.com/JURYR00M/status/1549127583014453249?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
View Quote

JESUS double points for the GS for hitting that string bean at 40 yards! if he turned sideways he'd disappear!
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 2:12:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Fuck I hate leftists.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 2:16:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That's the problem

The miscreants have destroyed Washington Sq and Lafayette Sq.. they've turned about turned Castleton Sq into a cesspool.. now they are moving to Greenwood.

View Quote

Lol…The only mall Bay Bay,Pookie and Lil’ Man Man ain’t destroyed is Greenwood…I said in a previous post it was an unwritten rule amongst black folks to stay outta Johnson County…Lol…I didn’t listen but got damn I couldn’t even get my family to come over my house when I lived in Greenwood.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 2:22:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Lol…The only mall Bay Bay,Pookie and Lil’ Man Man ain’t destroyed is Greenwood…I said in a previous post it was an unwritten rule amongst black folks to stay outta Johnson County…Lol…I didn’t listen but got damn I couldn’t even get my family to come over my house when I lived in Greenwood.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the problem

Greenwood itself, it's still pretty nice.  I wouldn't hesitate to live there.

The issue is it's only about a 25min commute for the hoodrats from Indy to get to the mall.  I've noticed a lot of "diversity" there over the last year or so.

GPD has a history of being racist or overbearing, I've never had an issue with them.  I'm white, and more importantly I'm not an idiot.  I choose not to challenge every single thing they, or any other police officer, says and I don't have a probem.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 2:35:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Greenwood itself, it's still pretty nice.  I wouldn't hesitate to live there.

The issue is it's only about a 25min commute for the hoodrats from Indy to get to the mall.  I've noticed a lot of "diversity" there over the last year or so.

GPD has a history of being racist or overbearing, I've never had an issue with them.  I'm white, and more importantly I'm not an idiot.  I choose not to challenge every single thing they, or any other police officer, says and I don't have a probem.
View Quote

I lived in or around Greenwood off and on since the late 90’s.I never personally had any negative experiences there as a black man as far as the police are concerned.I keep to myself and am pretty low key.I generally go wherever I want…I left the Indianapolis area about 10 years ago but do go back frequently.The city is definitely changing.There’s an influx of people moving to Indy from Chicago and Detroit.Those people apparently didn’t get the memo about the south side of Indy…lol…They’re just looking for affordable housing…In an area where the locals ain’t too terribly welcome to diversity…Lol…Notice I said I never had a problem with POLICE…The residents…I could write a book about that.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:00:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
From Twitter:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 6:29:04 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Outstanding.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 9:24:05 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm shocked this thread is only 12 pages. Armed samaritan ends mass shooting. This is the story the left needs to hear. Eli is a hero.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 9:52:11 AM EDT
[#24]
I moved to Tampa from greenwood area about a year ago. I figured it might be worse here for shooting.

Nope. Indy still owns that.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:01:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I guess they think it would have been better for the shooter to continue for 77 minutes.
View Quote

They're basically telling their children that if they had been at the food court it would have been better if the dude hadn't stopped him and waited for the police to get there and maybe go in and stop him.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:07:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I think thats them in the photos then.  The sig is the one with the red dot and no irons and the 40rd extendo mag.  The S&W has the front sight post and magpul real sight.  The glock is pictured with them.  I cant make out what that is in his front wasteband.  Looks like it could be an IWB holster or maybe a folding knife?  

I bet he was wishing he's gotten a plate carrier instead of just a mag carrier as he laid there on the floor dying.

https://i.imgur.com/loXbH8g.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/T3Bclil.jpeg
View Quote

Another guy built like a girl.

Hmmm
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:10:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
From Twitter:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:11:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm shocked this thread is only 12 pages. Armed samaritan ends mass shooting. This is the story the left needs to hear. Eli is a hero.
View Quote

Threads get huge with speculation and recriminations.

There is little need for speculation and no recriminations necessary for this incident.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:16:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

When I was 22 I was on my second OIF deployment and a married home-owning cop in my civilian life. This trend of infantalizing adults is ludicrous.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#30]
This young man did what the system won't do , prosecute, and did it very well
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Buying a red dot won't help you hit at 50 yards.  Practicing with whatever setup you have will help you hit at 50 yards.
View Quote

How to say you don’t have any substantial experience with an RDS pistol without actually saying it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote
Indiana doesn't have CCW permits. We have handgun permits, which former Governor Mitch Daniels (Bush's numbers guy) created a lifetime handgun permit circa 2006.

Basically, you need a permit to buy a handgun (all LEO heads sign them without question) , but there are no CCW or other restrictions on how you carry.

I've been out of the country and that handgun permit might have been ammended into our constitution, I believe I heard a few years ago.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Basically, you need a permit to buy a handgun (all LEO heads sign them without question) , but there are no CCW or other restrictions on how you carry.
View Quote

First part is not true.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That's the problem

View Quote
Yep. I carry lighter in suburbs like Carmel or Westfield, but in the city I carry a double stack at about the 10:30 position sometimes only with a shirt or jacket for concealment.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:30:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Indiana doesn't have CCW permits. We have handgun permits, which former Governor Mitch Daniels (Bush's numbers guy) created a lifetime handgun permit circa 200

I've been out of the country and that handgun permit might have been ammended into our constitution, I believe I heard a few years ago.
View Quote

You don't need a permit to buy a handgun in Indiana.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:32:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Some big founding fathers missing from that last... Some Washington guy was important.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#37]
I want to see the surveilance camera footage asap. Sounds like a great scenario to watch.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

First part is not true.
View Quote
What part?
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From Twitter:

Attachment Attached File

LOL ain't that the truth!  I was like, "WTF is this libtard bullshit???"  Then I got to the end and I was like all, "Tamam, sidi, tamam!"
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:37:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What part?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First part is not true.
What part?

No permit is required to buy a handgun.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:47:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

OK to transport unless something has changed since the Daniels lifetime handgun permits.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

OK to transport unless something has changed since the Daniels lifetime handgun permits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Constitutional carry passed July 7.... no permit required.

The transport issue, was people over reacting.  The law was clear you could transport from a place of purchase.  The gun just had to be unloaded, etc.

To my knowledge (pre Constitutional Carry) a permit was still required to carry loaded in a vehicle, but transporting was from point of sale, to the range, for repair, etc. was not an issue.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:59:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Indiana doesn't have CCW permits. We have handgun permits, which former Governor Mitch Daniels (Bush's numbers guy) created a lifetime handgun permit circa 2006.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Where are you getting this information?  A permit has NEVER been required to purchase a firearm (or at least it wasn't in 2001 when I got my first gun).  A permit (back before the lifetime's came around) used to be a NICS alternative to purchase... when the Lifetime came along, that went away... but it absolutely was not required.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:01:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I want to see the surveilance camera footage asap. Sounds like a great scenario to watch.
View Quote

Greenwood PD chief said it would not be released as it was "way to graphic".

Reading another story today, apparently the first person shot, was also armed.  He was standing right by the restroom and was the first person shot.  Just dumb luck, he probably never had a chance as he was shot as soon as the suspect exited.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Where are you getting this information?  A permit has NEVER been required to purchase a firearm (or at least it wasn't in 2001 when I got my first gun).  A permit (back before the lifetime's came around) used to be a NICS alternative to purchase... when the Lifetime came along, that went away... but it absolutely was not required.

View Quote
Thank you for the clarification.

The point I was trying to address is we've not had CCW permits. The permit only affected the means you obtained a handgun... As most other states focus on carry.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's the problem

View Quote

lol. Washington square died in the late 80’s, Lafayette square was dead in the 90’s, and Castleton turned to shit in the early 00’s.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:12:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The point I was trying to address is we've not had CCW permits. The permit only affected the means you obtained a handgun... As most other states focus on carry.
View Quote

Indiana license is/was a permit to carry. Nothing to do with buying or ownership.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This young man did what the system won't do , prosecute, and did it very well
View Quote

Which is what happened in Ulvade.

Public sensitized to police action.
Bureaucracy says no one acts without being given authority- by upper echelon management- under threat of severe penalty or action (to be determined later).
Upper echelon management is not going to make a decision to act because if it goes sideways or is perceived wrongly (as it will be by someone) then they are held responsible.

So wait for it to resolve. THen fuck it with 'official' paperwork, determined by the proper sme/ authorities/ directors/ other agencies/ etc., to direct any form of blame away from anyone of authority (those that 'count') who can be held to any semblance of responsibility for the bad outcomes. Protecting "the team".

the bureaucratic state protects itself foremost.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:21:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You still don't get it.  The permit had nothing to do with purchasing or obtaining a firearm.  Only carrying them
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top