User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From Twitter:

"You can't have civilians with guns out there. If there's a mass shooter, the civilians don't have the proper training to stand around for an hour hoping the situation resolves itself."
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That's the problem

The miscreants have destroyed Washington Sq and Lafayette Sq.. they've turned about turned Castleton Sq into a cesspool.. now they are moving to Greenwood.

I think they'll find a lot different type of people in Greenwood.
View Quote

Neg on that. It's been a shithole for about 5 years. Grew up across from Sahm park (15-20 years ago) and was ideal as a 'burb. Parents had home invasion and multiple thefts starting 7 years ago and pulled eject handle immediately. Won't allow wife or daughters down there (as much for their vehicle's safety as their own) unless I'm with.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Great job, young Indiana man!
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Are we likely to see security video?
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Neg on that. It's been a shithole for about 5 years. Grew up across from Sahm park (15-20 years ago) and was ideal as a 'burb. Parents had home invasion and multiple thefts starting 7 years ago and pulled eject handle immediately. Won't allow wife or daughters down there (as much for their vehicle's safety as their own) unless I'm with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the problem

The miscreants have destroyed Washington Sq and Lafayette Sq.. they've turned about turned Castleton Sq into a cesspool.. now they are moving to Greenwood.

I think they'll find a lot different type of people in Greenwood.

Exactly. Lots of homeless and beggars around. Houses bought up and turned into rentals. I was born in 81 and have always been in the general area and currently live in Greenwood. Its not just people coming down to hang though thats some of it. Its turning into another shithole. Period. Cant wait to move further out. To the member that doesnt live here but seems to be an expert on the area. Move down and you will see. Its still better than Indy and Beech Grove but not by much.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:41:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Someone mentioned his lawyer in another post. Mark Davis in Dallas talked to his lawyer and ask him to do an interview. His reply was "this is still an active police investigation and we will give no interviews or statements until it is settled."
Sounds like Eli has some wise counsel.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You don't need a permit to buy a handgun. ??
View Quote

No. Been that way here for as long as I can remember.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't need a permit to buy a handgun. ??

sparkyfender2 was in agreement with you, but his statement reads a little funny because of the question marks.

As a side note, feeling good about my fellow statesmen as of recent.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

sparkyfender2 was in agreement with you, but his statement reads a little funny because of the question marks.

As a side note, feeling good about my fellow statesmen as of recent.
View Quote

Ah. Thanks for the clarification, and me too.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 12:15:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Constitutional carry passed July 7.... no permit required.

The transport issue, was people over reacting.  The law was clear you could transport from a place of purchase.  The gun just had to be unloaded, etc.

To my knowledge (pre Constitutional Carry) a permit was still required to carry loaded in a vehicle, but transporting was from point of sale, to the range, for repair, etc. was not an issue.

View Quote

Wasn't the original code a bit ambiguous about transporting a handgun? I swear I remember it being a big deal on INGO around the 2013 timeframe when the wording changed to clarify it was ok to transport to the range or gunsmith w/o a LTCH.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 12:41:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Wasn't the original code a bit ambiguous about transporting a handgun? I swear I remember it being a big deal on INGO around the 2013 timeframe when the wording changed to clarify it was ok to transport to the range or gunsmith w/o a LTCH.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The transport issue, was people over reacting.  The law was clear you could transport from a place of purchase.  The gun just had to be unloaded, etc.

To my knowledge (pre Constitutional Carry) a permit was still required to carry loaded in a vehicle, but transporting was from point of sale, to the range, for repair, etc. was not an issue.

That's what I'm saying was over reacting.... but yes, you're correct (although I didn't think it was as late as '13).  The law said you could transport it unloaded to/from a place of purchase or place of repair without an LTCH.. but did not specify a shooting range.  So everyone took this to mean you needed an LTCH to go to the range.  Most failed to consider virtually every range offers some form of gunsmithing/parts... Adding sights, cleaning, new magazines, etc. so it would have been impossible for the police to enforce.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

How to say you don’t have any substantial experience with an RDS pistol without actually saying it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buying a red dot won't help you hit at 50 yards.  Practicing with whatever setup you have will help you hit at 50 yards.

How to say you don’t have any substantial experience with an RDS pistol without actually saying it.

My point is that treating a piece of gear like a skill talisman is foolish.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 12:46:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Someone mentioned his lawyer in another post. Mark Davis in Dallas talked to his lawyer and ask him to do an interview. His reply was "this is still an active police investigation and we will give no interviews or statements until it is settled."
View Quote

He has retained Guy Relford.  Guy is an excellent asset to the Indiana firearms community.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The wording was ambiguous if I recall correctly.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#17]

the adults grand parents are in charge now?
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Indiana doesn't have CCW permits. We have handgun permits, which former Governor Mitch Daniels (Bush's numbers guy) created a lifetime handgun permit circa 2006.

Basically, you need a permit to buy a handgun (all LEO heads sign them without question) , but there are no CCW or other restrictions on how you carry.

I've been out of the country and that handgun permit might have been ammended into our constitution, I believe I heard a few years ago.
View Quote
Indiana doesn't have "permits" at all.  It's always been call the LTCH.  License to carry handgun.  We have never needed a permit to buy anything.  I'm thinking you are confusing carry.  Until July 1, 2022 we did need a LTCH.  That did not specify on concealed or not.  Now we have constitutional carry and don't need any license at all.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Look like the "Good Samaritan" was 40 yards away from the active shooter when he fired 10 rounds. I hadn't seen that detail posted before. Good shooting.

Link

They tell 13News the 22-year-old pulled out the pistol he was carrying under the "Constitutional Carry" law, steadied himself against a pole and fired ten rounds at the gunman from about 40 yards away.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You still don't get it.  The permit had nothing to do with purchasing or obtaining a firearm.  Only carrying them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are you getting this information?  A permit has NEVER been required to purchase a firearm (or at least it wasn't in 2001 when I got my first gun).  A permit (back before the lifetime's came around) used to be a NICS alternative to purchase... when the Lifetime came along, that went away... but it absolutely was not required.

Thank you for the clarification.

The point I was trying to address is we've not had CCW permits. The permit only affected the means you obtained a handgun... As most other states focus on carry.

You still don't get it.  The permit had nothing to do with purchasing or obtaining a firearm.  Only carrying them
I don't recall the LTCH replacing NICS here either.  Bought my fist pistol in 2000, second in 2001 and I had an LTCH at the time, still had to do NICS.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 2:22:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They're basically telling their children that if they had been at the food court it would have been better if the dude hadn't stopped him and waited for the police to get there and maybe go in and stop him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess they think it would have been better for the shooter to continue for 77 minutes.

They're basically telling their children that if they had been at the food court it would have been better if the dude hadn't stopped him and waited for the police to get there and maybe go in and stop him.

This is the worst I've seen CNN since the beginning of Trump TDS and Rittenhouse combined.....They're foaming at the mouth spinning up reasons and defending the terrorist

And suddenly!! Just like that CNN libs resurrected police worship after 2 years of hate and Uvalde. Suddenly the police are good guys again when theres a citizen defending himself

CNN's is drunk on liberalism telling us how even tho he took the terrorist out, he still would have shot bystanders if it wasn't for luck......Because ya know,, everyone runs towards gun fire of course. Liberalism is a mental illness. Everyone in their mind is infantilized and nobody can do anything for themselves

Quoted:
Quoted:
I want to see the surveilance camera footage asap. Sounds like a great scenario to watch.

Greenwood PD chief said it would not be released as it was "way to graphic".

Reading another story today, apparently the first person shot, was also armed.  He was standing right by the restroom and was the first person shot.  Just dumb luck, he probably never had a chance as he was shot as soon as the suspect exited.

Well then blur the out everything except the fuck head and the other guy. We wanna see this POS gunned down like he gunned down everyone else

Also CNN : SEE SEE THEY HAD A GUN AND DIDN'T HELP THEM! SEE SEE SEE1
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

A while ago you could buy without a NICS check if you had a permit. I think that is what he meant.
View Quote

I remember those days.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 2:38:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

A while ago you could buy without a NICS check if you had a permit. I think that is what he meant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you for the clarification.

The point I was trying to address is we've not had CCW permits. The permit only affected the means you obtained a handgun... As most other states focus on carry.

Indiana license is/was a permit to carry. Nothing to do with buying or ownership.

Sorry! I should have been clearer, no question marks.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 2:40:47 PM EDT
[#24]
/pol on the chan's have posted what appears to be a photo of the perp after the Good Sam took him out.  Looks like a crime scene photo - weapon used has been removed but shell casings are still on the floor.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 2:47:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This is the worst I've seen CNN since the beginning of Trump TDS and Rittenhouse combined.....They're foaming at the mouth spinning up reasons and defending the terrorist

And suddenly!! Just like that CNN libs resurrected police worship after 2 years of hate and Uvalde. Suddenly the police are good guys again when theres a citizen defending himself

CNN's is drunk on liberalism telling us how even tho he took the terrorist out, he still would have shot bystanders if it wasn't for luck......Because ya know,, everyone runs towards gun fire of course. Liberalism is a mental illness. Everyone in their mind is infantilized and nobody can do anything for themselves

Well then blur the out everything except the fuck head and the other guy. We wanna see this POS gunned down like he gunned down everyone else

View Quote

Where are you getting that from?  The main headline when I pull up CNN is this article that is calling him a Hero and even includes quotes from his girlfriend's grandmother who is praising him!

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/19/us/eli-dicken-indiana-mall-shooting-bystander/index.html
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
/pol on the chan's have posted what appears to be a photo of the perp after the Good Sam took him out.  Looks like a crime scene photo - weapon used has been removed but shell casings are still on the floor.
View Quote

Would you mind PM'ing the link?

Edit:  Nevermind, found it.  Given the pics we've seen, how he's geared up.. that would seem to be him.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:11:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

He has retained Guy Relford.  Guy is an excellent asset to the Indiana firearms community.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree.  Although I doubt the kid is going to have any issues, I'm glad to see he got Guy.  He can be a little "wordy" but I love his radio show and he clearly knows his way around Indiana gun laws.

I'm wondering if he contacted Guy, or if Guy contacted him and told him if he felt he needed help, let him know.. and he called him.  It wouldn't surprise me if Guy reached out to him.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Good tactics and goddamned fine shooting by the GS. Makes me think I don't spend near enough time and practice at the 25 yard line...
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:24:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't know the law in Indiana but in Virginia those signs are meaningless "feel good" gestures to appease soccer moms.  They don't carry the force of law.  A representative of the business must ask a person carrying to leave and if they fail to do so they can be arrested for trespassing.
View Quote

I carry semi concealed basically owb with a t-shirt, not a fan of iwb and have been addressed by other shoppers asking is that a gun, what of  gun, and store employee at Target other than that
no big deal.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I carry semi concealed basically owb with a t-shirt, not a fan of iwb and have been addressed by other shoppers asking is that a gun, what of  gun, and store employee at Target other than that
no big deal.
View Quote

In SC signage has become less stringent. You are supposed to abide by just about any sign now.

Concealed or open carry
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Look like the "Good Samaritan" was 40 yards away from the active shooter when he fired 10 rounds. I hadn't seen that detail posted before. Good shooting.

Link

View Quote

How do you steady yourself against a pole with a pistol?
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are kidding, right?
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:38:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Really?

Your arms, brace over or around. If you haven’t practiced odd shooting situations you should.

Last year I did a DMR that included a pistol shot on steel at 100. There was a blue plastic barrel there. I tipped it over and shot over it and hit steel with second round.

If your range doesn’t allow situational shooting, travel some to one that will.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

I guess we should be glad you were not in the mall when this happened.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Choke yourself.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You are kidding, right?
View Quote

Asking because I typically don't do it and I've shot several 50-100y pistol offhand in 3-gun, as have others.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:55:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Where are you getting that from?  The main headline when I pull up CNN is this article that is calling him a Hero and even includes quotes from his girlfriend's grandmother who is praising him!

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/19/us/eli-dicken-indiana-mall-shooting-bystander/index.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like he was hit a few times.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:02:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

If real kinda looks like he took one to the upper chest and if the angle was right could have hit him in the heart. Makes sense that he didn’t make it all the way back inside the bathroom
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:13:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not the site itself, the bleeding liberal talking head commentary scumbags who are saying this in of itself is not a case for carrying a gun, it COULD have been worse and this doesn't mean anything. They're really that delusional and if CNN wants to distance themselves with their new CEO they should really purge these people, they are too extreme but cnn lets these extremists have air time
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:20:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Link
View Quote

And hit 8/10

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#41]
I haven't seen any coverage of this in the MSM... must have been ended quickly by a white guy with a gun...  I'm not reading 13 pages to find out... there was a series of gas station robberies in the St Charles Mo area ended by a concealed carrier... at least 2 news channels in the shithole of st louis have expressed their concern, but haven't provided any information on the robber... the president of police "union" (not f.o.p.) said that concealed carriers
Shouldn't confront robbers...  I'll just cease commenting here, other than go fuck yourself  "police union president "... fucking cunt.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

And hit 8/10

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And hit 8/10

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/1zvslystz4-7.gif

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/The_Rock_Applause-169.gif
That's pretty good if accurate
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

And hit 8/10

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

And hit 8/10

Puts him like double NYPD’s hit %.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:53:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Do you own gun?
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

And hit 8/10

View Quote

So higher hit ratio than NYPD by a whole bunch.

So much for the narrative that only police should handle such.  Suck it, CNN.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Edit:  Nevermind, found it.  Given the pics we've seen, how he's geared up.. that would seem to be him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tile at the mall is like that. Looks narrow like that when you enter the restrooms.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And hit 8/10

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/1zvslystz4-7.gif

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/The_Rock_Applause-169.gif

Article says he learned to shoot from his grandfather.  I'm sure that will draw more Liberal hate....

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:01:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

My point is that treating a piece of gear like a skill talisman is foolish.

View Quote
Good point!  Although dry fire practice with a red dot will definitely let you see how bad your grip and trigger control are. I had to practically relearn how to shoot a pistol after watching the dot move all over the place.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top