BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Asking because I typically don't do it and I've shot several 50-100y pistol offhand in 3-gun, as have others.
View Quote
Such an odd statement.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

And hit 8/10

View Quote

Damn 8/10!  So much for the wild spray of boolits hitting bystanders.  This story just keeps getting better.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And hit 8/10

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look like the "Good Samaritan" was 40 yards away from the active shooter when he fired 10 rounds. I hadn't seen that detail posted before. Good shooting.

Link

And hit 8/10

That kid should never have to buy a beer again. Stud.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:15:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Good guy screwed up their agenda, which has nothing to do with saving lives. High body counts are useful to their messaging.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:16:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Back in the olden days - our course of fire started at the 25 yard line. You had to hit at least 3 of your 6 shots from the 25 yard line, or you failed the qualification. We had a barricade for ‘cover’ and were allowed to brace against it with the handgun.

Of course nowadays, so many tards are hired that they start from the 1-3 yard line and work their way back to the 25 yard line. If you have at least 50-100 vision in one eye and don’t have turret’s, you don’t need to make any hits from the 25 yard line to qualify.

I sure do miss the old days of being an FDLE Certified Firearms Instructor and Range Master - the humor was aplenty I tell ‘ya.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look like the "Good Samaritan" was 40 yards away from the active shooter when he fired 10 rounds. I hadn't seen that detail posted before. Good shooting.

Link

How do you steady yourself against a pole with a pistol?

Back in the olden days - our course of fire started at the 25 yard line. You had to hit at least 3 of your 6 shots from the 25 yard line, or you failed the qualification. We had a barricade for ‘cover’ and were allowed to brace against it with the handgun.

Of course nowadays, so many tards are hired that they start from the 1-3 yard line and work their way back to the 25 yard line. If you have at least 50-100 vision in one eye and don’t have turret’s, you don’t need to make any hits from the 25 yard line to qualify.

I sure do miss the old days of being an FDLE Certified Firearms Instructor and Range Master - the humor was aplenty I tell ‘ya.

Back in the olden days, 1980's, here in NJ, cops qualified with duty and off duty weapons on a 50 round/50 yard course using the standard FBI Q silhouette target. At the 50 yard line there was a 5 foot high 6x6 you could steady your hand against (no part of gun touching the wood and only against the side not on the top). I think you were required to shot 5 from the 50 OFFHAND if memory serves.

Guys who carried .38 snubs would have a hard time but even if you threw all 5 at the fifty and you could still pass as long as you got the remaining 45 rounds in from the 25 in to the final 1 yard gun retention position.  I distinctly remember once getting 3 out of 5 in the Q target at the 50 with my S&W 442. Pure luck, I am sure, but it felt good anyway.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:22:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Would you mind PM'ing the link?

Edit:  Nevermind, found it.  Given the pics we've seen, how he's geared up.. that would seem to be him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
/pol on the chan's have posted what appears to be a photo of the perp after the Good Sam took him out.  Looks like a crime scene photo - weapon used has been removed but shell casings are still on the floor.

Edit:  Nevermind, found it.  Given the pics we've seen, how he's geared up.. that would seem to be him.

Could you PM me the link?
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:26:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
/pol on the chan's have posted what appears to be a photo of the perp after the Good Sam took him out.  Looks like a crime scene photo - weapon used has been removed but shell casings are still on the floor.

Could I get a link to this as well?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:27:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Asking because I typically don't do it and I've shot several 50-100y pistol offhand in 3-gun, as have others.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are kidding, right?

Since this is a genuine question, it's literally as simple as putting your hand(s) in contact with ANY stationary object.

Try it with just a finger gun and ANYTHING stationary (including the corner of a wall).

There's ALWAYS some measure of tremor/movement when free holding. Look at your movement freeholding, then look at the movement again when simply putting the back of your hand/forearm/knuckles of the support hand against a stationary object.

Target competition shooters work specifically on minimizing these small movements freeholding while shooting offhand, but being in contact with ANY stationary object makes it MUCH easier.

If you have a pistol with a red dot, it's even easier to see, as the dot's movements relative to a small (or distant) target are even easier to notice.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And hit 8/10

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

And hit 8/10

Damn fine job! Especially for a 22 y/o!.

I know folks who've been carrying for as long as this young man has been alive, and they can't hit shit at half the distance even without the adrenaline dump.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You don't need a permit to buy a handgun. ??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Indiana doesn't have CCW permits. We have handgun permits, which former Governor Mitch Daniels (Bush's numbers guy) created a lifetime handgun permit circa 2006.

Basically, you need a permit to buy a handgun (all LEO heads sign them without question) , but there are no CCW or other restrictions on how you carry.

I've been out of the country and that handgun permit might have been ammended into our constitution, I believe I heard a few years ago.

Nope but you gotta wait 7 days
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:34:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Puts him like double NYPD’s hit %.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

And hit 8/10

Puts him like double NYPD’s hit %.

Must be kidding. NYPD hitting 4 out of 10 at 40 yards?
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Tile at the mall is like that. Looks narrow like that when you enter the restrooms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tile at the mall is like that. Looks narrow like that when you enter the restrooms.

Agree... It does appear to be accurate.

It's not that graphic but I'm not trying to get a timeout.  I've certainly seen way way worse here.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:36:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

And hit 8/10

View Quote

If legit that is amazing and orders of magnitude better than most shootings involving cops.

I think Rittenhouse was pretty effective also.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Indiana doesn't have CCW permits. We have handgun permits, which former Governor Mitch Daniels (Bush's numbers guy) created a lifetime handgun permit circa 2006.

Basically, you need a permit to buy a handgun (all LEO heads sign them without question) , but there are no CCW or other restrictions on how you carry.

I've been out of the country and that handgun permit might have been ammended into our constitution, I believe I heard a few years ago.

I'm not sure if you guys are liberal trolls, or just really don't have a clue.

Indiana does not have a waiting period.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:38:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm not sure if you guys are liberal trolls, or just really don't have a clue.

Indiana does not have a waiting period.
View Quote
Obviously, not a clue...  
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And hit 8/10

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

And hit 8/10

At 80 yds? Holey moley!
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

At 80 yds? Holey moley!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

And hit 8/10

At 80 yds? Holey moley!

40 but that’s still incredible
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Win1300 Please IM me the link as well, brother. Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:45:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Must be kidding. NYPD hitting 4 out of 10 at 40 yards?
View Quote

I have to say, it isn't reasonable to expect that kind of accuracy in most gunfights. But also that level of shooting is beyond what I'd expect from NYPD in the same situation.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would also appreciate being pointed to the link. I tried to find it but I get lost in that place and find nothing that I really want to see.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also looking for the link if possible.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Back in the olden days, 1980's, here in NJ, cops qualified with duty and off duty weapons on a 50 round/50 yard course using the standard FBI Q silhouette target. At the 50 yard line there was a 5 foot high 6x6 you could steady your hand against (no part of gun touching the wood and only against the side not on the top). I think you were required to shot 5 from the 50 OFFHAND if memory serves.

Guys who carried .38 snubs would have a hard time but even if you threw all 5 at the fifty and you could still pass as long as you got the remaining 45 rounds in from the 25 in to the final 1 yard gun retention position.  I distinctly remember once getting 3 out of 5 in the Q target at the 50 with my S&W 442. Pure luck, I am sure, but it felt good anyway.

View Quote

What agency?  You can answer via IM if you don't want to post it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:52:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I would also appreciate being pointed to the link. I tried to find it but I get lost in that place and find nothing that I really want to see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

4chan must move faster than ARF.. I found it just before he sent it to me on page 2 of /pol... when I just went back and looked it was on like page 16.

(Link sent in case he didn't)
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:55:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

4chan must move faster than ARF.. I found it just before he sent it to me on page 2 of /pol... when I just went back and looked it was on like page 16.

(Link sent in case he didn't)
View Quote

Send it this way too, please
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Spiritus bank robber rig.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Look for me too please.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Look for me too please.
View Quote

No need unless a mod remves it
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

The tag made me laugh. I was like... yup.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Kid was a narrow target too.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

8 hits at 40 yards was impressive.

8 hits at 40 yards on a target that’s about as big around as my thigh? Damn fine job.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 6:03:58 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Piece of shit should have pulled the trigger in the first photo.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 6:09:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Glock needs to get in on this and introduce an Elisjsha Dicken signature model...
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Glock needs to get in on this and introduce an Elisjsha Dicken signature model...
View Quote

Did they mention what model he used? I assume it was a 19.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, a standard 26 magazine holds 10.. so it could be a 26 and he had 1rd left (assuming +1) or he went to slide lock with 9+1 and that's why he stopped shooting..

Or it could have been a 19.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

And hit 8/10

View Quote

Can't find a link to back it up yet but read elsewhere from the time the shooter exited the bathroom and started firing till he was dropped was less than 20 sec.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 6:23:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well, a standard 26 magazine holds 10.. so it could be a 26 and he had 1rd left (assuming +1) or he went to slide lock with 9+1 and that's why he stopped shooting..

Or it could have been a 19.
View Quote

43x and 48 are much more common now and hold 10.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#38]
I love the 'Dead' tag on that dickhead!
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

That foot tag says "DEAD", I bet.
Looks as if there is some leakage from the head, good.  I hope he saw that shot coming.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 6:42:37 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Lots of 5.56 casings on the ground. I wonder if the GS caught him during a reload.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That foot tag says "DEAD", I bet.
Looks as if there is some leakage from the head, good.  I hope he saw that shot coming.
View Quote

Pic isn't the best but looks like right arm, right side of chest, maybe another one behind the chest rig.  Appears to be bleeding from the mouth so the blood stain on the neckline could be from that or another entry/exit wound.  That's 4 - coroners report says 8.  Saw another article that said his grandfather taught him to shoot and it was a springfield hellcat but I can't find the article now.  Not sure it matters 8/10 from 40 yards is impressive.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

I hope it hurt.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:03:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also wrong.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Pic isn't the best but looks like right arm, right side of chest, maybe another one behind the chest rig.  Appears to be bleeding from the mouth so the blood stain on the neckline could be from that or another entry/exit wound.  That's 4 - coroners report says 8.  Saw another article that said his grandfather taught him to shoot and it was a springfield hellcat but I can't find the article now.  Not sure it matters 8/10 from 40 yards is impressive.
View Quote

yeah I noticed his arm.

Made me think of old Gage from the Rittenhouse trial..lol.

The chief said in the presser it was a 9mm Glock.  I guess if you're not really a gun guy it might be easy to confuse the two.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#46]
A video from a guy who was there. Video not from mall.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRhvA3qp/?k=1
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:14:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Also wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also wrong.

Most of the folks saying this nonsense about our gun laws are low post count, so I'm not sure if they are trolls, or just misinformed.  I'm starting to think the former since they get dumber every time they post.

If folks actually took the time to look... we have some of the best gun laws in the country here in Indiana.  Even before constitutional carry.. there were very very few restrictions on carrying a firearm here.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Got what he really wanted. Fucking little shit.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#49]
What’s with the fudds and their gun shop gun law bullshit in this thread?

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#50]
I believe this is a pic of the Food Court.  Entrance to Restrooms dead center.  If I am correct, one of the columns would be where Good Samaritan steadied himself and made his stand.

https://www.chamberofcommerce.com/united-states/indiana/greenwood/shopping-mall/9041141-greenwood-park-mall

Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top