[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Solid piece of work.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I believe this is a pic of the Food Court.  Entrance to Restrooms dead center.  If I am correct, one of the columns would be where Good Samaritan steadied himself and made his stand.

https://a.mktgcdn.com/p/JRqkIlUW_heJmoNF3vbTFti3zKQMud-BPZeZsZRe3FA/1100x773.jpg

https://www.chamberofcommerce.com/united-states/indiana/greenwood/shopping-mall/9041141-greenwood-park-mall

View Quote

I think that's it.. been there several times.

If you look at the layout... There was probably some luck involved for Eli... According to the chief, him and his gf had went to Subway, which if you look is way off to the right.  Assuming they sat near the Subway, the POS he came out and was just shooting straight ahead at what was in front of him... it's possible he never saw Eli until he was putting rounds on him.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Damn, shot the fuck out of that lanky faggot.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

He was a skinny little fuck.  Not a lot to shoot at and not a lot to hit.  Good on the Samaritan.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:46:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I was going to ask if he even lifts, bro, but he ain't gonna lift no more.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#7]
By the way, for the dipshit (in this thread or the ohter, not sure) saying the Simon's had already banned Eli from Greenwood Park Mall for violating the no guns policy..

https://www.simon.com/mall/greenwood-park-mall

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:49:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes.  Yes he did.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd like to see some confirmation on the 40 yards factoid.  That is an incredible distance and quite frankly unless the kid is a professional shooter, I don't believe it, and in looking at the pictures of the food court I don't think that distance adds up.

Good shooting for sure, but there's no reason to exaggerate the claims either.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:50:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm really looking forward to the release of the video for this one.  John Correia must just be chomping at the bit.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#12]

The chief has really impressed me through all this... but Damn... 15 seconds.. 3 innocent people dead, several wounded and the POS dead.  15sec, I'm guessing 911 was just picking up the first 911 calls, let alone dispatching officers.  The more I read about this, the more impressed I am at Eli's performance.

As for those saying he had training, etc.. It's possible (chief mentioned to their knowledge he had no military/police training).  Where he's from, Seymour.. that's a pretty small, rural community.  He may well have had some formal training, but it's very possible he grew up around guns as well.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm really looking forward to the release of the video for this one.  John Correia must just be chomping at the bit.
View Quote

Chief said it would not be released as it was "way to graphic".  I'm not sure if it's required it be released since it's footage from a private business.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Did they mention what model he used? I assume it was a 19.
View Quote

It was a 3d printed Glock.  (I don't know, but I say we start that rumor as it will make liberal heads explode)
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:01:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Chief said it would not be released as it was "way to graphic".  I'm not sure if it's required it be released since it's footage from a private business.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that is not surprising.  Let's see what happens.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'd like to see some confirmation on the 40 yards factoid.  That is an incredible distance and quite frankly unless the kid is a professional shooter, I don't believe it, and in looking at the pictures of the food court I don't think that distance adds up.

View Quote

There’s no way that’s 40 yards from the column to the bathroom hallway.

I’m not taking anything away from the good guy at all but I’ve questioned the distance since the beginning and the shot percentage.

40-50 FEET is believable looking at that photo.  Yards, no way.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Unlike non-gun guy LEOs that hold their dick longer when they pee than they hold a gun all year most CCW practitioners that actually carry usually have some level of proficiency.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

I hope it hurt.

Really really really fucking badly.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I believe this is a pic of the Food Court.  Entrance to Restrooms dead center.  If I am correct, one of the columns would be where Good Samaritan steadied himself and made his stand.

https://a.mktgcdn.com/p/JRqkIlUW_heJmoNF3vbTFti3zKQMud-BPZeZsZRe3FA/1100x773.jpg

https://www.chamberofcommerce.com/united-states/indiana/greenwood/shopping-mall/9041141-greenwood-park-mall

View Quote

If it was near what I’m hearing is the cookie place from where he took the shot there is a column off screen to the right and almost even with this fish eye picture. The cookie place would be to the right and behind this photo. I’ve been there 100s of times.

Edited to add as I looked at this photo again the column would almost be behind just to the left of this photo.
Fish eye photo looks weird and trying to line it up. Regardless if it was the column that’s near the cookie place it would be about the distance of this picture that was taken.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:26:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There’s no way that’s 40 yards from the column to the bathroom hallway.

I’m not taking anything away from the good guy at all but I’ve questioned the distance since the beginning and the shot percentage.

40-50 FEET is believable looking at that photo.  Yards, no way.
View Quote

I've got about 80' from that furthest column in the eating area with the good line of sight to the rough spot where scumbag died, which is further back in that vestibule.  If first engagement was at the vestibule opening then it's about 60'.  If Eli was braced at the column nearest the Subway then it looks to be about 36' to the restroom vestibule opening.  120' is still plausible from within the dining area, but not much that jives with the report that he braced against a "post".  Guess we'll just have to wait for an official report, a reenactment, or a video leak.

Still very good shooting to draw, steady, and fire within 15 seconds and hit 8 out of 10.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:36:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I've got about 80' from that furthest column in the eating area with the good line of sight to the rough spot where scumbag died, which is further back in that vestibule.  If first engagement was at the vestibule opening then it's about 60'.  If Eli was braced at the column nearest the Subway then it looks to be about 36' to the restroom vestibule opening.  120' is still plausible from within the dining area, but not much that jives with the report that he braced against a "post".  Guess we'll just have to wait for an official report, a reenactment, or a video leak.

Still very good shooting to draw, steady, and fire within 15 seconds and hit 8 out of 10.
View Quote

I can agree it was great shooting regardless of the actual range.  No doubt he was under considerable stress.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Good thing they put a tag on his foot saying "DEAD".  Otherwise we wouldn't have been able to tell.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Operator: "911, what is your emergency?"

Caller: "Hello? Yeah, there's some psycho here shooting everyone in the..."

Operator: "In the what? Hello?  Hello?"

Caller: "Yeah, nevermind. Not anymore he's not."

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#24]
What a fucking legend. I'm curious if it was a G43x or 26 or he didn't finish the mag.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What a fucking legend. I'm curious if it was a G43x or 26 or he didn't finish the mag.
View Quote

I mean it doesn't matter he America'd the fuck out of that situation.

This is bad
I have gun.
Time to send a lot of lead down range lol
Oh awesome got 18 hits
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tell me you don't train without telling me you don't train.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 9:24:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Jesus, some of you really need to shoot more.

A torso-sized target at 40 yards is not a difficult shot, especially when you're braced.  Add in adrenaline/likelihood of death and it becomes tougher but it is most certainly doable.  

I shoot at 45 yards regularly off my deck with all my pistols.  I ring headshots on the steel silhouette without a problem.  If you're the type to stand in one spot on the firing line and shoot at 10 yards, yeah you probably think 40 yards is really fucking hard with a pistol.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It was a 3d printed Glock.  (I don't know, but I say we start that rumor as it will make liberal heads explode)
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

it's possible he never saw Eli until he was putting rounds on him.
View Quote

perfect...
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 9:37:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought in the press conference with the police chief the good samaritan closed in on the shooter? So could have been 40 yard for the first shot and then closer as he walked up.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 9:44:49 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Another skinny incel looking type. What the heck is it about the type?
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

A torso-sized target at 40 yards is not a difficult shot, especially when you're braced.  Add in adrenaline/likelihood of death and it becomes tougher but it is most certainly doable.  

I shoot at 45 yards regularly off my deck with all my pistols.  I ring headshots on the steel silhouette without a problem.  If you're the type to stand in one spot on the firing line and shoot at 10 yards, yeah you probably think 40 yards is really fucking hard with a pistol.
View Quote

No shit. The first time I went to shoot my P80, the outdoor unmanned range was kinda full so my only option was the 25 yard range. Had all my shots on a 6" target with no problem.

Hell I've hit a basketball size target at 200 yards with my friggin keltec PF9.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The chief has really impressed me through all this... but Damn... 15 seconds.. 3 innocent people dead, several wounded and the POS dead.  15sec, I'm guessing 911 was just picking up the first 911 calls, let alone dispatching officers.  The more I read about this, the more impressed I am at Eli's performance.

As for those saying he had training, etc.. It's possible (chief mentioned to their knowledge he had no military/police training).  Where he's from, Seymour.. that's a pretty small, rural community.  He may well have had some formal training, but it's very possible he grew up around guns as well.
View Quote

Anti-gun John Cougar Melloncamp is from Seymour.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'd like to see some confirmation on the 40 yards factoid.  That is an incredible distance and quite frankly unless the kid is a professional shooter
View Quote

It's not an "incredible" distance. It is an unusual distance.

I'm not sure where the idea that you have to be near superhuman to make a hit a distance with a pistol comes from, but it's not true. Hitting a man(let) sized target at 40 yards is not supremely difficult if you have good command of the fundamentals. Useful practice helps you recall those under stress. Hunting and competition help you build familiarity with delivering on the fundamentals under stress.

It seems like this young man came up in a family that took the use of firearms seriously and invested some time and effort learning how to do it correctly.

Everyone doesn't just spazz out and start acting like an idiot when presented with the need to make a shot under stress. Distance and not being directly under assault can actually make it easier to think more clearly in the moment than if you are the one directly taking bullets.

Having the drop on the bad guy...which was almost certainly the case here...is an enormous asset.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of members of my club can't hit an 8" Plate at 11 yards consistently, especially if there's a timer involved. I don't think you've been around enough average shooters if you think that's an easy shot. Of the pistol shooters at my club, I would bet less than 10% could get 8/10 hits at 40 yards.

ETA: Just to clarify, I'm not saying that's a hard shot for someone competent with a pistol but I think those of us who can are a bit jaded with what should be possible.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 9:59:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Unlike non-gun guy LEOs that hold their dick longer when they pee than they hold a gun all year most CCW practitioners that actually carry usually have some level of proficiency.
View Quote

Definitely
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:02:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I thought in the press conference with the police chief the good samaritan closed in on the shooter? So could have been 40 yard for the first shot and then closer as he walked up.
View Quote

Given how many early statements turned out to be wrong after Uvalde, it's possible that some facts may later turn out to be wrong here too
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Lots of members of my club can't hit an 8" Plate at 11 yards consistently, especially if there's a timer involved. I don't think you've been around enough average shooters if you think that's an easy shot. Of the pistol shooters at my club, I would bet less than 10% could get 8/10 hits at 40 yards.

ETA: Just to clarify, I'm not saying that's a hard shot for someone competent with a pistol but I think those of us who can are a bit jaded with what should be possible.
View Quote

Average shooters aren't practicing much I bet
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:06:53 PM EDT
[#39]
15 seconds, 80% on target at 40 yards, and zero bystanders injured by good guy fire are the stats to beat future heroes.

Not to make light, but that is simply unreal performance.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:07:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:10:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The average person is a terrible pistol shot.

Recently I did some shooting with a buddy of mine, he's a gun guy and a former LEO. I handed him my 10mm P220, we were shooting at soda cans at like 7 yards and his shots were all over the place, he was pulling shots multiple feet off the targets. I dunno if it was just recoil he wasn't used to or what, but it was a good reminder at how bad most people are at shooting handguns.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:11:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah he did. Good fucking shooting too. 8 out of 10 hit that twig. Definitely want to see the video.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:14:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Recently I did some shooting with a buddy of mine, he's a gun guy and a former LEO. I handed him my 10mm P220, we were shooting at soda cans at like 7 yards and his shots were all over the place, he was pulling shots multiple feet off the targets. I dunno if it was just recoil he wasn't used to or what, but it was a good reminder at how bad most people are at shooting handguns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my experience, sight picture is the primary culprit.

Hand someone a rifle with notch and post irons, they're fine.  Give them a pistol and the concept of "make sure the front sight post is centered in the rear sight notch" goes right out the fucking window.  Throw in a funky grip and poor trigger control... they can't hit shit.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:16:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Average shooters suck.

The average target at any range I have visited looked like it was hit by a blunderbuss.

Now, the top 15% or better than average shooter, the field narrows a lot.

I used to almost always shoot pistol at 50 yards when I was at the rifle range.  Bullet drop is a couple of inches.  Sight picture doesn't really change.  Now if you are jerking the trigger or flinching, forget it.

Now to hit the waifu looking bitch, I might have to get some different targets.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:17:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I have been reading the entire thread.

Did the good guy have a RDS?
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm not sure where the idea that you have to be near superhuman to make a hit a distance with a pistol comes from, but it's not true. Hitting a man(let) sized target at 40 yards is not supremely difficult if you have good command of the fundamentals. Useful practice helps you recall those under stress. Hunting and competition help you build familiarity with delivering on the fundamentals under stress.

It seems like this young man came up in a family that took the use of firearms seriously and invested some time and effort learning how to do it correctly.

Everyone doesn't just spazz out and start acting like an idiot when presented with the need to make a shot under stress. Distance and not being directly under assault can actually make it easier to think more clearly in the moment than if you are the one directly taking bullets.

Having the drop on the bad guy...which was almost certainly the case here...is an enormous asset.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd like to see some confirmation on the 40 yards factoid.  That is an incredible distance and quite frankly unless the kid is a professional shooter

This.

The black on a standard 50 yard pistol bull target is about 6-7 inches. It's a pretty standard pistol competition range.

This was closer and supported.

Impressive, yes. Especially under stress. But hardly difficult to believe.

But. Shitloads of "gun guys" couldn't hit paper at that distance and would blame the trigger, the ammo, the sights, or pretty much anything except accepting they need to learn to shoot.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have been reading the entire thread.

Did the good guy have a RDS?
View Quote
I hope not.

The RDS cult is already pretty insufferable.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:24:20 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/laugh-29.gif

Actually, it was this one.......

that punk pulled a glock 7 on me (die hard 2)

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:29:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This.

The black on a standard 50 yard pistol bull target is about 6-7 inches. It's a pretty standard pistol competition range.

This was closer and supported.

Impressive, yes. Especially under stress. But hardly difficult to believe.

But. Shitloads of "gun guys" couldn't hit paper at that distance and would blame the trigger, the ammo, the sights, or pretty much anything except accepting they need to learn to shoot.
View Quote
True that.  I'll sit there with my P10C and ding a 12" plate at 50 yards all day, and people look at me like I'm gun Jesus.... it's not that hard people.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:39:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Someone needs to start one of those fed.gov petitions to pressure B!den to give him a presidential medal of freedom, I'm sure Ellen DeGeneres really was a "hero", but this guy actually deserves it
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top