BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How is the bore axis higher... It looks lower than the P30 and from that overlap pic, looks very close to the axis of the glocks.
View Quote

It's higher because the grip tang is lower compared to the P30.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Ugly as hammered dogshit.  Looks like it was designed by Tapco/Mako group.    
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:05:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ugly as hammered dogshit.  Looks like it was designed by Tapco/Mako group.    
View Quote

Because the P30 is the sexiest HK pistol ever, right?

HK hasn't made a sexy pistol since the P7.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There's so much hate for this thing, it's actually quite funny.
View Quote

No doubt...

When I stumble on a thread about something I don't like I move on to something I do - not stick around to break down and critique something I've never even held, let alone shot. Now we're down to bore axis problems!?  Holy shit folks, have a beer and relax.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:14:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No doubt...

When I stumble on a thread about something I don't like I move on to something I do - not stick around to break down and critique something I've never even held, let alone shot. Now we're down to bore axis problems!?  Holy shit folks, have a beer and relax.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No doubt...

They can't handle us liking what they don't like. Not sure why, they aren't losing money in any way, shape, or form.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll probably end up buying one this summer.  I love the way the P30 grip feels, but I hate HK's DA/SA system. This should take the best of the P30 grip coupled with a Glock style trigger system that I'm used to.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:29:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I want one. I just can't afford to buy one right now.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Still looking for a vendor that's taking pre-orders.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I ordered mine through http://Impactguns.com for $599. It is showing backorder, but you can still place an order so you can get in the queue.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

Dude, just keep watching GD.  It is hilarious.  I don't know how long you lurked before joining, but you should've seen the IAR (M27) threads.  Shit, the 416 threads were always fun to watch.

Whenever HK is in the title, you'll get the same posters popping in disparaging whatever uber weapon has been released/discussed.  The "you suck and we hate you" line will be posted at least once, usually with the accompanying link.  The backwards rounds in the mag will usually make an appearance, with someone always asking/pointing out the problem.  

I love how wrapped up in brands people get on here.  Shit is hilarious.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Dude, just keep watching GD.  It is hilarious.  I don't know how long you lurked before joining, but you should've seen the IAR (M27) threads.  Shit, the 416 threads were always fun to watch.

Whenever HK is in the title, you'll get the same posters popping in disparaging whatever uber weapon has been released/discussed.  The "you suck and we hate you" line will be posted at least once, usually with the accompanying link.  The backwards rounds in the mag will usually make an appearance, with someone always asking/pointing out the problem.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol - good stuff
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
They can't handle us liking what they don't like. Not sure why, they aren't losing money in any way, shape, or form.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No doubt...

It's just like the console wars. People see competitors as existential threats to their favorite game system/handgun company. It scares them to see something good in the market that they secretly know is just as good as their chosen thing, if not better. It irks them and bothers them and they go into butthurt tirades and enter trollmode to help make themselves feel better about the purchase and investment they are now doubting (but would never admit that).

TLDR: they're scared. Especially Walther fanboys since their gun never got market control and deep down they're scared the VP9 will steal away Walther's business, ultimately ending their beloved PPQ's short life.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 9:27:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's just like the console wars. People see competitors as existential threats to their favorite game system/handgun company. It scares them to see something good in the market that they secretly know is just as good as their chosen thing, if not better. It irks them and bothers them and they go into butthurt tirades and enter trollmode to help make themselves feel better about the purchase and investment they are now doubting (but would never admit that).

TLDR: they're scared. Especially Walther fanboys since their gun never got market control and deep down they're scared the VP9 will steal away Walther's business, ultimately ending their beloved PPQ's short life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No doubt...

The Glock guys have no reason to be pissy. Those things aren't going anywhere.

The PPQ guys are watching their hopes for their favorite plastic wonder-pistol's superiority flush down the drain.

Funny though, I haven't seen the M&P or XD guys throwing hissy fits.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 9:55:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I doubt this will cut into the PPQ's market (such as it is) very much.  Brand loyalty is probably a bigger factor in driving a particular handgun purchase than features are.   How else did HK sell so many USPs and P30s?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The PPQ guys are watching their hopes for their favorite plastic wonder-pistol's superiority flush down the drain.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, the Glock guys' hate is confusng, especially when they complain about ergonomics. Glock isn't going anywhere, so the butthurt is definitely perplexing. Maybe because even though Glock isn't going anywhere, Glock owners are scared it might be unseated from its throne? And maybe that's why XD and M&P guys don't care, because while they know their guns are popular enough that they aren't going anywhere either,  they were never #1, and so they don't have to get into dickmeasuring contests with every competitor that comes along to still feel like #1 (since they never were)?

Quoted:
I doubt this will cut into the PPQ's market (such as it is) very much.  Brand loyalty is probably a bigger factor in driving a particular handgun purchase than features are.   How else did HK sell so many USPs and P30s?

I don't know man, I think it will. I was attracted to the PPQ and recommended PPQs to many of my friends because we were seeking a reliable, striker-fired gun that worked out of the box unlike modern Glocks. It really had nothing to do with the Walther brand, and I think a lot of other people felt that way too when they shifted to PPQs after being beat in the face by Glock brass (shitstorm commence). In fact, I've always preferred HK amongst hammer guns for that reason: they work out of the box and I don't have to tinker with them. I'm pretty sure people in my scenario who haven't jumped to Walther yet will be jumping to HK instead now, which will definitely hurt Walther sales (and which is also why Walther fans are the ones most butthurt by the VP9's arrival, because they see the writing on the wall as well).
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm an M&P guy, and I'm still getting the VP9. I'm also not getting ride of my M&P's either, they work. However, if a compact M&P9c sized VP9 comes along, that will be the only M&P I'd consider selling to fund for the compact version if it comes out with this new striker line from HK.

What gets me in all this is the intellectual dishonesty with the folks here determined to put as much "dirt" on HK; I don't cater to just one brand, and when I introduce new shooters looking for a pistol, I have friends bring their's too just so the user can get what they want and brand names or what I like be damned.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Here's my review of the gun....

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 12:05:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/EaVDW7EzW8o
View Quote

Excellent, thank you. I'm sure you've been asked this before regarding the VP9 but have you had any issues with the slide lock and your grip? Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

There are a couple of vendors on hkpro that are taking preorders.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Which ones? The only one I saw stopped taking them.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:03:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll buy a longslide model just to test it out.

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

http://youtu.be/EaVDW7EzW8o
View Quote

great vid, thank ya sir

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#24]
RCM is making threaded barrels in both 1/2 X 28 and 13.5 X 1 for $240 (includes thread protector)
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#25]
I guess beauty is in they eyes of the beholder. Through my eyes, or my camera lens anyway, I like what I see.

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Needs a shorter grip to take a P2000 mag and a long slide with the same short grip.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 5:39:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Lol
The HK for those that cannot afford won't pay nearly $900 for a polymer HK
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#28]
From the video, It looks like the reset is far longer than the PPQ?  Is that correct?  The PPQ's reset is part of its appeal.

I believe Im going to buy one of these if I can get a threaded barrel.  Havent been able to find the RCM barrel yet.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#29]
If the armchair commando fatties of GD hate it, that's proof positive it's a good thing.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If the armchair commando fatties of GD hate it, that's proof positive it's a good thing.
View Quote
This post above nailed it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 7:32:48 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Needs a shorter grip to take a P2000 mag and a long slide with the same short grip.
View Quote
I hope when they make an SK version, it will take P2000SK mags. Then X-grip can make some adapters for P2000/USPc mags and P30 mags.

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 7:40:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Has there been any documented cases of HK-leg yet?
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Larry Vickers - HK VP9 Range report - initial impressions

I had a chance today with several of my students to put some ammo down range thru the HK VP9 - we all came away very impressed with the pistol after shooting it; in all honesty I was more favorably impressed than I even expected to be - in fact one of the students is immediately putting his P30 up for sale to fund a purchase of a VP9

Okay let me give you a run down and answer some the questions asked before;

A) the pistol is very accurate - to get the same level of accuracy out of a Glock an aftermarket barrel would be mandatory

B) the trigger is very good for a striker fired handgun and seemed to lighten up slightly after putting some rounds thru the pistol; on slow fire you could feel just a bit of creep before it broke - this was not noticeable in rapid fire

C) the groove inside the trigger guard did not bother me as it does on a stock P30 or full size HK45 - if that's an issue for you then my guess is there is a good chance it won't bother you either

D) a couple shooters had failures to lock the slide to the rear on an empty mag - in all cases traced back to grip placement. You will need to be aware of how you grip the VP9 as it seems the slightest interference with the slide stop and the slide will not lock back

E) as I suspected the slidestop is somewhat difficult to release using the support hand thumb due to the fact it is very low profile - several shooters commented on this; I would prefer more of a shelf to make manipulation easier

F) the VP9 comes with the medium backstrap and side inserts installed. It is usable but if you have small hands like me the gun really shines with the small inserts and small backstrap installed - BIG difference

G) the rear charging assists work as advertised

H) the real surprise was the lack of muzzle flip and the ability to shoot the pistol very fast. Due to the bore line being higher I fully expected noticeably more muzzle flip than a Glock 17 being used for comparison but they were nearly identical with a very slight edge to the Glock - my gut is this is due to the fact the slide on the HK travels to the rear farther before the barrel drops out of battery vs. the Glock. This makes a real difference in felt recoil and muzzle flip and one of the major reasons why HK pistols function so well suppressed

As I said I was impressed with the VP9 and would highly recommend anyone in the market for a new polymer framed pistol take a hard look at one. When you factor in everything this pistol brings to the table out of the box at a price that is very reasonable my guess is you are looking at a new top dog in the striker fired pistol world

HK VP9 - check it out for yourself

- Larry Vickers
View Quote

https://www.facebook.com/AliasTrainingLLC/photos/a.203205676472294.43053.197061490420046/527948967331295/?type=1

Yup, this will so be mine. Ordering tomorrow
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#34]
LARRY VICKERS HAS SMALL HANDS LIKE ME.

I hope a longslide version comes out.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:10:59 PM EDT
[#36]
This may be my first HK pistol
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:13:00 PM EDT
[#37]
...and just when I thought German polymer guns could not get any more ugly.  Well, it does not look as bad as those Walther monstrosities.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Meh. I've owned plenty of HK's they had their chance to wow me. Couldn't get passed the shitty triggers with the non-existent reset. Glock owns my striker fired market.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:16:45 PM EDT
[#39]
I'll be buying it as soon as my grubby little mitts touch one.

I loved the ergos of the p30 and the Hk45 so much i was willing to forgive the mediocre trigger and the fact it was hammer fired. They just feel so great in hand.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:20:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A tad ironic since that is why most people can't wait to get one as well.  Seems to work both ways.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:31:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Larry Vickers - HK VP9 Range report - initial impressions

*snip*

D) a couple shooters had failures to lock the slide to the rear on an empty mag - in all cases traced back to grip placement. You will need to be aware of how you grip the VP9 as it seems the slightest interference with the slide stop and the slide will not lock back

E) as I suspected the slidestop is somewhat difficult to release using the support hand thumb due to the fact it is very low profile - several shooters commented on this; I would prefer more of a shelf to make manipulation easier

*snip*

- Larry Vickers

Boo! Is it that damn hard to get the slide stop right?

The slide stop on the Beretta 92 is perfect. The slides stop on the full size M&P and G17 are really good. The slide stops on the 1911, CZ 75, and 3rd Gen S&Ws are acceptable. The slide stop on the Sig P22X series is full of fail and AIDs.

It's starting to sound like the slide stop on this HK is less like the M&P and more like the Sig.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Vickers is an HK shill...

Except when he's shilling for Wilson Combat.

At any given time [insert HK product here] is the best, except when [insert 1911 WC product] is better.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 2:35:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

At any given time [insert HK product here] is the best, except when [insert 1911 WC product] is better.
View Quote

I thought Vickers was a Glock guy...
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 2:40:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's whatever he's being paid to be.

He did co-design the HK45, has some WC models named after him, was part of the Ken Hackathorn "1911 is an enthusiast pistol" interview debacle (Hackathorn has a 1911 WC named after him), and is being pressured to endorse the TEAM GLOCK party line because most of his customers are LEO's who are issued Glocks and don't want to hear that they should be shooting a 1911.

Every time the guy is on a web interview, lately, he's preaching the benefits of whatever platform he's being paid to endorse.

He may have forgotten more about what it means to be a badass than I will ever learn in my life, but I pay about as much attention to his gun endorsements as what kind of deodorant Michael Jordan uses.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#46]
I didn't see this if it was posted but are the sights made out of metal?

I have Glocks and a Walther PPQ and I am getting really tired of plastic sights (ETA plastic sights I have to upgrade to metal, that is).
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 3:24:33 PM EDT
[#47]
I would really like a VP9. I dunno if it would replace my M&P 9mm for concealed carry since it holds 15 vs 17 rounds and my M&P trigger is pretty good with the Apex upgrades.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I have Glocks and a Walther PPQ and I am getting really tired of plastic sights (ETA plastic sights I have to upgrade to metal, that is).
View Quote

The sights are steel.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 3:33:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The sights are steel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The sights are steel.

GOOD.

It is like a "sight tax" from other makers.  Sheesh!

The day you draw your Glock and realize you have managed to sheer off the front sight (or knock the rear sight in the dovetail over) is a bad one.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The sights are steel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The sights are steel.

Night sights were a relatively inexpensive upgrade, very sure those will be steel.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top