Page / 19
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 6:34:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems we got a new DanTSX, definitely not as entertaining though
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They're doing it for the same reason Sig did. To recapture some of that lost LEO contracts, because right now many of them are only looking at striker fired guns. Same reason you can get an M&P with a thumb safety and a magazine disconnect.
View Quote

No agency I can think of issues a pistol with an external safety.

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They're doing it for the same reason Sig did. To recapture some of that lost LEO contracts, because right now many of them are only looking at striker fired guns. Same reason you can get an M&P with a thumb safety and a magazine disconnect.

Berrettas and third generation smiths.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Might check one out, but I could really do without the funky-looking slide tabs. I had the same magazine release problem with my P30 which was corrected with a slightly modified grip.

That being said, I will probably stick with my P30. That gun is like crack.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 6:59:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Again, I can't think of an agency off the top of my head that issues those.

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 9:15:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I bet there is a lot of MIM, stampings, and plastic
View Quote

And what, exactly, do you think Glocks are made of? Do you think the extractor, ejector, and FCG on new Glocks are forged?

Bonus question: Name a handgun currently in production and available under $1k that has no MIM parts.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dan=Matt
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

And what, exactly, do you think Glocks are made of? Do you think the extractor, ejector, and FCG on new Glocks are forged?

Bonus question: Name a handgun currently in production and available under $1k that has no MIM parts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi-Point.

It's not injected into the mold, it's poured
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 9:42:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Dan=Matt
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dan=Matt

Nah, they just take turns at the keyboard while doin' the ole Dutch rudder.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 9:58:04 PM EDT
[#10]
It looks like a fancy Taurus 24/7

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Hi-Point.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi-Point.

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 11:14:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The biggest one in the country issues Smiths.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 11:44:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, we issue HK P2000s.

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 11:45:14 PM EDT
[#14]
US Customs here has P2000s.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Slide release is in the wrong place. Too big, and too far back.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 11:48:19 PM EDT
[#16]

does the grip snap when you fall?

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 1:10:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

does the grip snap when you fall off of an ATV at speed?

http://www.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/loadoutroom-p2000-2-660x3931.jpg

View Quote

Fixed.  And here's a link to the "article" about it:  http://loadoutroom.com/3817/when-polymer-guns-fail-hk-p2000/

And yes, it probably does.  Because it's plastic.  Kinda like other plastic guns out there.  Are you going to offer up the capital to do destructive tests on other polymer service pistols under similar conditions to prove that somehow these guns are weak?  Or are you just here to troll, too?
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:00:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No, we issue HK P2000s.

View Quote

Ok. The largest non-federal agency in the country issues Gen 3 smiths.

Kind of funny that it barely takes more people to protect the border than it takes to secure NYC. But then, machine politics has always required significant manpower.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 6:36:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Dan=Matt
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dan=Matt

No way. Matt tries way too hard and is no where near as smart as Dan. He is a wanna be. Kind of sad actually
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No way. Matt tries way too hard and is no where near as smart as Dan. He is a wanna be. Kind of sad actually
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dan=Matt

'As smart as Dan'?

Link Posted: 7/5/2014 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll provide a little VP9 report.  Picked up one of the "LE"  guns (Mepro night sights, three mags) at the gun show today.  I paid about $50 over what I could have ordered one for, but that is about what my FFL transfer fee+fuel there and back would have been, so it's all good.  And I already have over a dozen P30 magazines.

I Have not had a chance to shoot it yet, so just a quick "first look".  Fit and finish is typical HK, grip is just like the P30, feels great.  Initially, I'm liking the cocking nubs, or whatever you want to call them.  The trigger feels better than a stock Glock or M&P.  Based on limited dry firing, right now, my PPQ M1 has the better trigger.  But the PPQ has a few hundred rounds thru it already, so we will have to see after the VP9 is broken in.  The G19 with a ghost 5lb tactical connector still  feels better than either of them.

Hopefully the boy and I get out to the range tomorrow for some real side by side comparison.

Link Posted: 7/5/2014 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I'll provide a little VP9 report.  Picked up one of the "LE"  guns (Mepro night sights, three mags) at the gun show today.  I paid about $50 over what I could have ordered one for, but that is about what my FFL transfer fee+fuel there and back would have been, so it's all good.  And I already have over a dozen P30 magazines.

I Have not had a chance to shoot it yet, so just a quick "first look".  Fit and finish is typical HK, grip is just like the P30, feels great.  Initially, I'm liking the cocking nubs, or whatever you want to call them.  The trigger feels better than a stock Glock or M&P.  Based on limited dry firing, right now, my PPQ M1 has the better trigger.  But the PPQ has a few hundred rounds thru it already, so we will have to see after the VP9 is broken in.  The G19 with a ghost 5lb tactical connector still  feels better than either of them.

Hopefully the boy and I get out to the range tomorrow for some real side by side comparison.

View Quote

How does the trigger reset feel?  Glock-like or what?

Link Posted: 7/5/2014 8:11:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate to say, before I've had the chance to get a few hundred rounds through the gun.  But based on a bunch of side by side dry firing tonight, the reset is at least twice as long, as the G19 with the ghost connector.  Right now, the trigger feels pretty "gritty",  It's not that smooth.  It breaks clean, but has noticeable take up, a positive reset, but it's long compared to the other two. Again, my Glock and PPQ have been shot some (the Glock has been shot a lot ).  Right now, if I was going to rate the triggers, it would be #1 Glock/ghost, #2 PPQ, #3 VP9.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I hate to say, before I've had the chance to get a few hundred rounds through the gun.  But based on a bunch of side by side dry firing tonight, the reset is at least twice as long, as the G19 with the ghost connector.  Right now, the trigger feels pretty "gritty",  It's not that smooth.  It breaks clean, but has noticeable take up, a positive reset, but it's long compared to the other two. Again, my Glock and PPQ have been shot some (the Glock has been shot a lot ).  Right now, if I was going to rate the triggers, it would be #1 Glock/ghost, #2 PPQ, #3 VP9.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool, thanks for the info.

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#26]
My VP9 arrives today. I'll be posting photos and a short review here tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 9:56:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quick review for now:

300 rounds fired, zero malfunctions. Grip feels awesome and accuracy was at par or better than my Glock 19. Magazine release is quicker and easier and I've never used a paddle release prior to today.

I like this handgun so much that it is replacing my Glock 19 as my EDC and primary training handgun.

As a side note, it carries better than a Glock 17 but prints ever so slightly more than a Glock 19 for appendix carry.

Get the VP9! Its awesome
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:25:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz358/thearizonacowboy/Mobile%20Uploads/1404870174_zpsbcbf9203.jpg

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz358/thearizonacowboy/Mobile%20Uploads/1404870201_zpsc21167f3.jpg

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz358/thearizonacowboy/Mobile%20Uploads/1404870217_zpsbbbfadf7.jpg

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz358/thearizonacowboy/Mobile%20Uploads/1404870205_zps45fc0199.jpg

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz358/thearizonacowboy/Mobile%20Uploads/1404870225_zps5ae446a4.jpg

Quick review for now:

300 rounds fired, zero malfunctions. Grip feels awesome and accuracy was at par or better than my Glock 19. Magazine release is quicker and easier and I've never used a paddle release prior to today.

I like this handgun so much that it is replacing my Glock 19 as my EDC and primary training handgun.

As a side note, it carries better than a Glock 17 but prints ever so slightly more than a Glock 19 for appendix carry.

Get the VP9! Its awesome
View Quote
If I wasn't already sold, I so am now. Going to put up my M&P9 VTAC up for sale to fund this.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz358/thearizonacowboy/Mobile%20Uploads/1404870174_zpsbcbf9203.jpg

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz358/thearizonacowboy/Mobile%20Uploads/1404870201_zpsc21167f3.jpg

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz358/thearizonacowboy/Mobile%20Uploads/1404870217_zpsbbbfadf7.jpg

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz358/thearizonacowboy/Mobile%20Uploads/1404870205_zps45fc0199.jpg

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz358/thearizonacowboy/Mobile%20Uploads/1404870225_zps5ae446a4.jpg

Quick review for now:

Get the VP9! Its awesome
View Quote

How was the trigger?
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

How was the trigger?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quick review for now:

Get the VP9! Its awesome

How was the trigger?

How could I have forgotten the trigger... compared to my Glock 19 trigger with the minus connector and competition trigger spring, way more defined. I felt more in control of each shot. I knew exactly when it was going to go bang.

I have not had much time with a PPQ trigger but from what I remember, the PPQ felt lighter.

The VP9 is definitely am excellent trigger and I feel 100% confident about AIWB carry.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 11:17:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 1:04:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

In a somewhat ironic twist, I've got to say that's one sweet lookin' Glock.
View All Quotes

Haha thank you very much. I've spent quite a bit of money and effort to make it as efficient as possible (for me at least). It was quite an interesting experience picking up a brand new gun out of the box and it feeling better, shooting better, and just being an all around better handgun for me.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 1:07:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

In a somewhat ironic twist, I've got to say that's one sweet lookin' Glock.
View All Quotes

for me, the glock looks like crap compared to HK
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 1:10:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

for me, the glock looks like crap compared to HK
View All Quotes

Yeah, when they're side by side, the HK wins in my book as well.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 1:18:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yeah, when they're side by side, the HK wins in my book as well.
View All Quotes

HK looks like a product designed by professional artist, glock looks like made by 3 years old
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 1:19:23 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm not a huge fan of HK's, but the VP9 looks great.

The 15 round mags are even legal for Colorado faggotry.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 1:28:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Meh, I like my Sig P320 more
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for the pics and comparison. Anxious for mine to come in - which could be months from now for all I know
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 7:00:05 PM EDT
[#41]
MAC VP9 Review:

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#42]
I might pick one up. I love my HK45 and P7.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

'As smart as Dan'?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dan=Matt

'As smart as Dan'?

Eh, its all relative man
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 7:11:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Striker fired....perfection.

I wonder if HK is going to hear from Gaston's lawyer.
View Quote

First thing that I thought of as well.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Hmmmm, I have $1k in cash burning a hole in my wallet.  4 days off, and
Florida Gun Exchange a couple of hours away (a nice long motorcycle
ride)...decisions decisions

I was saving this for a P7, but I really am taking a liking to this pistol
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
MAC VP9 Review:
http://youtu.be/CReqwUsjHLw
View Quote

Another shooter holds down the slide stop (at 4:44).  Why do manufacturers do this.  Facepalm.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Another shooter holds down the slide stop (at 4:44).  Why do manufacturers do this.  Facepalm.
View Quote

Because that's where the slide stop belongs.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where it doesn't function because it's in the way of a normal grip?  No.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 8:01:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's normal, the way someone who regularly shoots a Glock and expects all others to be the same? My USP has the biggest slide stop of them all, and I shoot it the same way as I've done with my M&P's. It's the shooter, not the gun.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nothing normal about an improper grip.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top