BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#1]
TROLL THREAD
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:02:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm far from a "blind advocate". I've got a loved one who I brought home from the street earlier today. Took him to the emergency room first to deal with severe infections. He was just released by the Psychiatric Hospital a few days ago to wonder the streets. Have you ever tried to find a shelter for a homeless person that is mentally ill, hooked on opiods, and prescribed ten different medications to deal with his psychiatric issues?

There are very few shelters. Most of them fill up quickly every day and many people are turned away for lack of space. It's a serious problem and getting worse. I don't know the cause. I don't know the cure. But I do know what I would do if you shot my loved one because he was annoying you.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My uncle is a paranoid schizophrenic that refuses to take meds and would be homeless without his siblings. Tears my mother to pieces and he put my grandmother in an early grave. He starts shit far too often and I won’t blame anyone who gets sick of his shit. I will celebrate the day he dies.

People like you that are blind advocates without knowing the situation suck. Many of these people are pieces of shit that continue to cause strife despite having good resources. Just look at how many beg for help near a fast food joint that is hiring
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
TROLL THREAD
View Quote

???
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Movement controlled audio speaker that plays some annoying song when he is nearby
View Quote

Opera.  

But I like opera.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm far from a "blind advocate". I've got a loved one who I brought home from the street earlier today. Took him to the emergency room first to deal with severe infections. He was just released by the Psychiatric Hospital a few days ago to wonder the streets. Have you ever tried to find a shelter for a homeless person that is mentally ill, hooked on opiods, and prescribed ten different medications to deal with his psychiatric issues?

There are very few shelters. Most of them fill up quickly every day and many people are turned away for lack of space. It's a serious problem and getting worse. I don't know the cause. I don't know the cure. But I do know what I would do if you shot my loved one because he was annoying you.

View Quote

have you ever worked so much OT that the only days you took off were the annual 6 paid mandatory holidays, all to save and scratch together the money you needed to come up with a down payment so that you and your wife could move out of an apartment and start a family? have you ever done this and purchased your first house and before you had been there 6 months had your wife in tears as a mentally ill, hooked on opioids, and prescribed ten different medications to deal with his psychiatric issues vagrant chased her from the driveway into the house?
when you've had your neighborhood torn apart and everything not welded down stolen at night, come out to leave for work in the morning only to find broken side windows and the glove box open, and a needle on the sidewalk.................
its an absolute tragedy what has happened to so many people that find themselves on the streets but regular people that worked hard and didn't give into the temptation of getting high and hanging out all day shouldn't have to pay the cost of this shit beyond what they already do. perhaps if these bums hadn't ruined all of the family relationships they once had, a loved one might be there to help them from shitting on OP's fence
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:22:24 PM EDT
[#6]
So what is your solution? Kill all the mentally ill people so they don't create problems for the good, decent, hard working people who aren't mentally ill? Ok, I'm game. Let's kill all the disabled and the fat people while we're at it. Fat, lazy, obese people annoy the fuck out of me. So put them on the list too. Who else should go on our list of sub-human vermin that should be destroyed so hard working people like you and I are not inconvenienced?  

You call them bums. I call them mentally ill. That affects our outlook on the situation.

Quoted:

have you ever worked so much OT that the only days you took off were the annual 6 paid mandatory holidays, all to save and scratch together the money you needed to come up with a down payment so that you and your wife could move out of an apartment and start a family? have you ever done this and purchased your first house and before you had been there 6 months had your wife in tears as a mentally ill, hooked on opioids, and prescribed ten different medications to deal with his psychiatric issues vagrant chased her from the driveway into the house?
when you've had your neighborhood torn apart and everything not welded down stolen at night, come out to leave for work in the morning only to find broken side windows and the glove box open, and a needle on the sidewalk.................
its an absolute tragedy what has happened to so many people that find themselves on the streets but regular people that worked hard and didn't give into the temptation of getting high and hanging out all day shouldn't have to pay the cost of this shit beyond what they already do. perhaps if these bums hadn't ruined all of the family relationships they once had, a loved one might be there to help them from shitting on OP's fence
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to Freedom without Responsibility. This is what half of the conservatives on this site want. Think I’m wrong? Suggest a government action that would stop or prevent this kind of thing from starting. You’ll be branded a statist tyrant.

You have to allow homeless drug addicts to shit along your property line, or you hate freedom. Why do you hate freedom, OP?
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Just remember that if he wants to retaliate, the bum/homeless guy has a lot less to lose than the homeowner does and can pick his time to do so.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah I'd move.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Motion activated lights, sprinkler
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
TROLL THREAD
View Quote

Sent you pics of said turds in ally by my gate
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm looking for a less retaliatory method .

I think I'll try the skunk smell .
View Quote

For something different, try trapping lure. It usually includes skunk plus a bunch of other odors and is absolutely foul. If it can draw critters from a long ways away it will deter a pooper.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So what is your solution? Kill all the mentally ill people so they don't create problems for the good, decent, hard working people who aren't mentally ill? Ok, I'm game. Let's kill all the disabled and the fat people while we're at it. Fat, lazy, obese people annoy the fuck out of me. So put them on the list too. Who else should go on our list of sub-human vermin that should be destroyed so hard working people like you and I are not inconvenienced?  

You call them bums. I call them mentally ill. That affects are outlook on the situation.

View Quote

mentally ill people should be locked up in facilities that can address their illnesses adequately. i'm not in charge of the world, only my tiny little slice of it. in that slice i will not tolerate bums, mentally ill, whatever you want to call them. you are free to do as you please. maybe the loved ones that know the bum hanging outside OP's house can stop by and clean the shit off his house? or is that OP's problem because the poor guy is mentally ill and because OP was lucky enough to not be mentally ill, its only fair he suffers a little too?
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
TROLL THREAD

People will pay for those, don't do it for free.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:39:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
mentally ill people should be locked up in facilities that can address their illnesses adequately.
View Quote

We agree on this. But unfortunately it is not happening.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#16]
You should water your alley with sprinklers. It helps the flowers bloom and makes a nicer aesthetic.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Spray the area with pepper spray.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I also think a flood light would be good
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I would definitely do the light first.  Bright light and a camera.

If possible, I would leave the gate unlocked/unlatched and hook up a loud alarm.  The idea being, if someone tried to lean against it, the gate will open and sound the alarm.

If that still doesn't solve it, I would try automatic sprinklers or maybe pepper spray to deter animals attracted to feces.

If all of that fails:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:19:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Mine and my neighbors gates are in an alcove with a dumpster and cable box in it .the people that live nextdoor are really old .I don't want to do anything that may harm them .I just want whoever is doing to to stop shitting in front of my gate
View Quote
The. Tell your old neighbors that you've electrified your fence.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:34:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Is OP near Austin, or is it a different liberal Utopia?

I like thorny bushes near the gate.  If ants just happen to set up a colony in front of the gate, "Oh Well"
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:36:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Leave some TP out for them, but first coat it in something that might burn a persons butthole.

Maybe some poison Ivy or pepper juice.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#24]
A for sale sign out front.  The issue isn't the bum out back, it's the rehab center down the street.  Your neighborhood is going to turn into a slum within a year or so, esp when the center starts buying houses close by for treatment housing.  

Get out now while you still have some home value.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:58:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Welcome to Freedom without Responsibility. This is what half of the conservatives on this site want. Think I’m wrong? Suggest a government action that would stop or prevent this kind of thing from starting. You’ll be branded a statist tyrant.

You have to allow homeless drug addicts to shit along your property line, or you hate freedom. Why do you hate freedom, OP?
View Quote

If you have children, have them read this, then make sure they understand what happens if they don't get an education.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:59:50 PM EDT
[#26]
COC prevents me telling you how I would handle the problem.  If it was only a problem in Minecraft.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:30:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Try remembering you’re a Texan.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:43:29 PM EDT
[#28]
I saw one of these on Craigslist, free but you must pick it up.

Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:47:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
A for sale sign out front.  The issue isn't the bum out back, it's the rehab center down the street.  Your neighborhood is going to turn into a slum within a year or so, esp when the center starts buying houses close by for treatment housing.  

Get out now while you still have some home value.
View Quote
Yep. People overestimate how much junkies care about anything with these home alone schemes they're cooking up. Anybody depraved enough to shit on the side walk won't be deterred by music speakers or skunk spray.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 7:42:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Some of these mentally ill homeless people have University degrees.
Some of them even have valuable STEM degrees. But being severely
depressed, psychotic, paranoid, severe anxiety combined with self-medicating
using street drugs while not taking the prescription medications they should
be taking make it very difficult to find and keep a good job.

The people living on the street are not the ones who chose to study English Literature rather than Electrical Engineering.

On a lighter note, as an Aggie I used to joke with my kids about tripping over UT Professors when walking down 6th Street.  Unfortunately it is no longer a laughing matter.

Quoted:
If you have children, have them read this, then make sure they understand what happens if they don't get an education.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 7:59:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Love the advice about telling the homeless druggie that they're going to get arrested. That'll fix em!
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:11:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Have bolts .no screws in the gate
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't you accidentally use screws that were half an inch too long when assembling that fence and gate? Measurement mistakes happen.

Have bolts .no screws in the gate

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:20:26 AM EDT
[#33]
This is arfcom right? Buy a painball gun (spelling intended). Stalk the area at night preferably with nods. Have fun once the shiny buttocks are exposed.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:29:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Do you live in a big metro area with a homeless population? Could it possibly be an angry neighbor? And have you thought about putting up security cameras to see if you can catch the perpetrator? That might get the attention of the police if you can establish a pattern so they know when to stake out your home to watch for the criminal.
View Quote

Suburban area i grew up outside Houston now has a big homeless problem. That's what happens when Democrats are in power at the city for 40 years and Republicans fuck things up running the county so badly that they give it all to the democrats.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:33:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Motion detector with a rattlesnake sound.  Its Texas so that should be a well known noise.  I bet they leave the minute it goes off
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:40:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You have an "I live in a shit hole" problem, not a homeless problem.  

View Quote

I concur,  O_P needs to move out of said shit-hole
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:44:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just remember that if he wants to retaliate, the bum/homeless guy has a lot less to lose than the homeowner does and can pick his time to do so.
View Quote

Yup.

As for moving him on, I would suggest the water sprinkler on a motion detector. Fairly harmless.

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:06:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yeah I'd move.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:06:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ad hominem. Nice.

The fact that nobody - including you - has offered a serious solution to this issue proves my point. The bum is living his best life next to (not on) OP's property. What happened to "freedom is scary?" Or does that only apply when YOU are doing the behavior that someone ELSE doesn't like?

Government-enforced restrictions on property use, travel, public decency and addictive substances used to deter this sort of thing. Which one of those are you going to be advocating for?

Or are you suggesting that OP has the right to enforce his OWN moral code on other people's behavior off his property?

"Nasty, brutish and short" seems to be the kind of life we're headed back towards. There's a difference between that and liberty, but not many people recognize that anymore.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:08:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Try remembering you’re a Texan.
View Quote

I don't think giving blow jobs to the homeless is going to work?
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:10:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

My neighborhood is nice .

About a half mile away a outpatient drug rehab opened last year and the problems started
View Quote

I could make a suggestion. But it is a crime heavily frowned upon in the firefighting community.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:43:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Stake out the gate and catch him in the act. Spray his cornhole liberally with bear spray.
View Quote

I don’t know why, but this made me spit coffee ??
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Motion detector triggered sprinklers.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:15:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Ad hominem. Nice.

The fact that nobody - including you - has offered a serious solution to this issue proves my point. The bum is living his best life next to (not on) OP's property. What happened to "freedom is scary?" Or does that only apply when YOU are doing the behavior that someone ELSE doesn't like?

Government-enforced restrictions on property use, travel, public decency and addictive substances used to deter this sort of thing. Which one of those are you going to be advocating for?

Or are you suggesting that OP has the right to enforce his OWN moral code on other people's behavior off his property?

"Nasty, brutish and short" seems to be the kind of life we're headed back towards. There's a difference between that and liberty, but not many people recognize that anymore.
View Quote

He's actually just doing drive bys
I've never seen this guy just know he's been by my gate because he's left turds as a calling card
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:20:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Just put up a sign on your gate that says "NOT POTTY", LOL..
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:37:09 AM EDT
[#46]
motion detector, let you know when they are there, then set off a glitter bomb. :)
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You call them bums. I call them mentally ill. That affects our outlook on the situation.

View Quote

Op would be equally happy if your loved one pooped on your fence instead of his.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:41:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

He's actually just doing drive bys
I've never seen this guy just know he's been by my gate because he's left turds as a calling card
View Quote

Could it be a fitness runner who found a convenient break on his route?
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:41:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Pics of alcove and gate?

Any way to close off the alcove at night?
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Could it be a fitness runner who found a convenient break on his route?
View Quote

Happens late at night
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top