Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Never been one to let a woman run roughshod over me like that.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a CCW.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:45:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I would ask why she is telling me what I can and cant do and take another sip of my drink.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#4]
his first mistake, asking permission.
second mistake, marrying a leftist cunt
third mistake, see mistake #2
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, as frequently happens” I’m looking at this thread from the other side of the gender divide. But …

I can’t recall my husband ever telling me I couldn’t do something.  But if he did, I suppose I’d do what I’ve done once or twice in previous relationships, to wit, I’d say, “I love you, Precious. But if you intend to continue taking your comfort between these chubby little thighs, you’ll back away from this one.”
View Quote

And I'd laugh. My fiancee learned long ago that I don't really give a shit. I'm more motivated by lasagna and blowing shit up.

Not everyone is the same.

Come to think of it there is not a single thing she can threaten me with outside of real physical harm or ending the relationship that would make me hesitate on something I am firm on. This is also a big reason why we need to communicate instead of just make threats and throw tantrums. I am agreeing to no CCW for the wedding because it doesn't fit in my suit. Carbine and plates will be less than 25 feet away and my groomsmen will be armed. I'll be stuck with a lowly push dagger.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Women (and friends) don't get into my life without knowing the guns will be with me after those same women and friends are gone.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:53:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd go get it any way.

My now wife then fiance told me I couldn't own a handgun so I got in my car, drove to the gun store and over paid for a handgun.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:27:40 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife knew about my interest in firearms and shooting before we got married.  Anything like that would have been a deal breaker.  The same thing went for her pets, they were non negotiable.  14 years married.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:31:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Told?...

...lol
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I love my wife to death, and she’s amazing.

That said, I’d divorce her if she suddenly took an antigun attitude and tried to control what I do / cut out shit I enjoy.
View Quote

I don't get mindset. That CCW isn't gonna love you back. All other things being equal, this is a dumb reason to leave your wife.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:37:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't get mindset. That CCW isn't gonna love you back. All other things being equal, this is a dumb reason to leave your wife.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love my wife to death, and she's amazing.

That said, I'd divorce her if she suddenly took an antigun attitude and tried to control what I do / cut out shit I enjoy.

It's not about the gun, it's about being with a woman who doesn't trust you.

That said, I wouldn't leave her, but we'd have to assume this would be a change of heart as I wouldn't marry someone that didn't trust me. So we'd sit down and have a discussion about how I'm not giving up means to self defense just because she all of the sudden has a problem with guns.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#12]
lol
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I got mine decades ago. I'd not marry a woman like that. Nor would I ask permission
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#14]
My wife has her own CCW and has in the past three states that we’ve lived.  It’s something that we do together.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I would look her in the eyes, unblinking, say "ok dear", and while still looking her in the eyes load up a piece, and tuck it in my waistband. The just walk away.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd call the neutered male p*ssywhip.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#18]
What's that chirping sound?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:45:28 PM EDT
[#19]
My stance on guns and CCW would've been made clear to her long before I said "I do."

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:47:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd call her doctor and request an emergency visit because I think she may have had a stroke.
No way she would say anything like that normally.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I heard this today. Guy knows I'm a shooter. He owns guns and shoots. Says he doesn't carry a gun cause his wife doesn't want him to so he never got a permit.

I'm not married so I can't comment. If a GF told me that I'd laugh and tell her that's cute.
View Quote

Grounds for divorce.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:53:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Not a CCW but......

Some 30 years ago I was on a date with a new GF of about a month. We were on the bike, out for burgers and Bloodys. I invited her to come to Sturgis a couple weeks earlier, and she accepted.

As we were enjoying the aforementioned Burgers and Bloodys, she said "I have a question for you"

I said "I probably have an answer"

She said "What would you say if I asked you to choose between me or the motorcycle?"

I said "Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to"

She said, after a pause, "Fair enough"

We've been married 27 years, and yes, she shoots, as well as rides her own 98 Road King.

She has never told me there's something I can't do.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:59:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Me? I'd do it anyway because I'm defiant as fuck. Put the ball in her court.

Once again I'm glad I don't have some other people's problems.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:03:50 PM EDT
[#24]
I know a guy who had his grandfather's Colt 1911 from WW1, it was the only gun he had.
When grandkids came his wife said it had to go.......I like it.......
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Eject.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I wouldn't have married a woman who has a problem with it
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#27]
My buddy says “it’s his funeral”
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Back in 2009-2011, I was dating this woman and she kept insisting I had too many guns.  I probably had 6 at the time.

By the time I met the woman who I am married to, I was working at a LGS and probably had 8 at that time.  This would've been 11 years ago.

By the time she and I got married, I told her I had built a rifle specifically for her and that it was comprised of the best components I could put on a gun.

She only gave me one qualifier about buying guns, or guitars, or cars, etc.

Don't go into debt to do it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#29]
My wife knows not to bark orders at me
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#30]
My wife was rather liberal when we met 16 years ago. She was shocked to discover I was carrying on our first date.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:26:24 PM EDT
[#31]
My wife as well as just about all my former girlfriends found out i carried the first time we had sex; when I took my pants off with a iwb holstered handgun.

Some might have asked a question or two, but none minded it.       A couple of them confessed later that it was a turn on to them at the time.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Lol my wife doesn't have a choice in my gun endeavors.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Mine and my wife’s license numbers are consecutive.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#34]
I asked my wife this question, and she said (with an attitude that conveyed that the question is retarded), "go get the permit anyway you're the man of the house." Lol
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#35]
..might say..
Hush woman, I don't hearken to your voice.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I heard this today. Guy knows I'm a shooter. He owns guns and shoots. Says he doesn't carry a gun cause his wife doesn't want him to so he never got a permit.

I'm not married so I can't comment. If a GF told me that I'd laugh and tell her that's cute.
View Quote

My wife knows better and she is Canadian. I would have done it overnight and helped pack her bags if she made a stink. My rights are non-negotiable. 44 years later she likes the idea but AR is Constitutional carry so it is a moot point.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
And I'd laugh. My fiancee learned long ago that I don't really give a shit. I'm more motivated by lasagna and blowing shit up.

Not everyone is the same.

Come to think of it there is not a single thing she can threaten me with outside of real physical harm or ending the relationship that would make me hesitate on something I am firm on. This is also a big reason why we need to communicate instead of just make threats and throw tantrums. I am agreeing to no CCW for the wedding because it doesn't fit in my suit. Carbine and plates will be less than 25 feet away and my groomsmen will be armed. I'll be stuck with a lowly push dagger.
View Quote

No, guy.  See, you were so intent on doing your Mr. BigDick act that you completely overlooked the context of my post.  That being, what would I do if I was getting push back from my spouse about carrying. And the answer is basically like yours, I wouldn’t tolerate it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#38]
My Australian ex wife was smart enough not to ever tell me what to do, at least in regards to firearms.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Over the course of my marriage my wife has told me that she didn't want me to carry a gun or ride a motorcycle. I do both.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am not married either. It's doubtful I ever will be at this point. Especially to a woman that has issues with such things.

However, if that happened I would just laugh and say "too late". I have had one for over 20 years.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
we get to pick out what each other puts on their body from now on?

Sweet, I have a list I would like to go over with you
View Quote

This is the correct response.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#42]
You're not a 5 year old, you're a grown fucking adult (supposedly). You don't need anyone's permission to do adult things. You think if your broad wanted to have 10 dudes pull a train on her, she will give a shit what you think?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Mine told me she didn't want me to. She also previously told me she didn't want me to buy my first gun. Later she told me she didn't want guns in the house once we had children. I didn't abide by any of it. She didn't press any of it.

She's been carrying for years since.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:15:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Get one anyways. Ball's in her court
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:06:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Take her to the Doctor to get an MRI or CT scan, she must have a brain tumor.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Disregard her.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#47]
eject
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:40:21 PM EDT
[#48]
I love Briskette.

She drove us to the courthouse to get our first permits because earlier that day I'd had an upper GI endoscopy and was still loopy from the sedation.

I was actually high in my first CCW picture.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

You know not of what you speak.  In reality, the gun issue is just the tip of the iceberg.  It simply shows that there is a whole lot more going on.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:06:10 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm trudging through the process here.  One thing my county does, and not sure if it's their policy or tied to recent state changes, is one of the references is to be your "cohabitant."  They want spouse info, too.  I don't see anything odd there, it's not impossible that people don't live with their spouses, perhaps, one at a job, school, military, split but not divorced, etc.  Or has a roommate or significant but un-married other.  Different states, different laws, etc., but strikes me that if one is in this sort of state/county, it's probably not ideal he background investigator and the "other" re-open your discussion.  I don't know how the permit process would go with that but pretty sure the "discussion" at homewould kick up a notch or two.  FWIW, my wife thinks I have enough guns.  she's thought for the last several, and in some sense of things, she's probably right.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top