Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 6:09:40 AM EDT
[#1]
BSA

From Lee-Speed sporters, Bren Guns, and target rifles to cheap airguns and shitty optics
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 6:27:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bushmaster
View Quote

They’re still relevant. I actually just had my Form 4 approved and picked up my Bushmaster manufactured silencer last week.

Link Posted: 11/11/2023 6:53:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Olympic Arms.  Was a sad day when they turned the lights off.

Marlin.  The original company that made so many wonderful waffle top lever guns with deep bluing and walnut.

H&R/NEF.  Those single shot guns with the extra barrel program they offered was great.

View Quote

Fuck Oly. They couldn’t die fast enough. They fucked us all with their stupid OA-93 pistol which as soon as they sent a sample to ATF and got it approved for sale immediately made cheap steel core 5.56, 7.62x39, and 5.45 “handgun ammunition” and thus illegal to import. Oly did that. They did that to us. Years ago a member here wrote the ATF asking why the ammunition was banned and they specified it was because of the OA-93.

How many could they possibly have sold to make it worth screwing everyone?
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 7:07:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Is Savage Arms still around?

They were a quality, more than adequate value for the working man once….my Dad couldn’t afford Weatherbys & every Remington he bought new in the 1970s went back to the factory for months, only to be returned fucked up & not used….

My dad never sold guns—he would keep a broken POS & not shoot it vs “losing money” on selling a POS to recoup partial money.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 7:21:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow…page 4 & nobody said “Interarms?”

You whippersnappers know there was a company that once imported surplus steel core pistol ammo & made gun copies under the brand “Interarms?”

I had a POS Walther PPk copy from Interarms that S&W actually reimbursed me to remove from the market to destroy, because they couldn’t fix it….that was when Interarms failed/was bought by S&W to take the US made PP pistols….it would lock up with a live round in the chamber.  Actuating the safety made it fire.

Ah, the 1960s cheap, surplus European 9mm steel core, “cop-killing,” through a S&W 39 or Browning HP….and Kevlar vests weren’t even a “thing…”

You kids don’t know what you missed….
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 7:32:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not a manufacturer, but the NRA.  Calling them useless would be an upgrade for them.  The only purpose they serve now is as the big boogeyman for the left.  That takes the heat off the groups actually getting work done so that is something but on their own?  Useless.
View Quote

Good call.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 7:42:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Colt, RRA, bushmaster, USFA.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 7:46:56 AM EDT
[#8]
A.R.M.S.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 7:47:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ithaca. I actually had to double check to see if they were still in business, although it seems like they are really only trying to cater to hunting market now.
View Quote

They're made in Ohio now. They were making home defense versions of the 37 last I looked.
I transferred some of the Ohio made Ithaca's and I think they're asking too much for what they're making, but then so is everyone these days
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 7:52:42 AM EDT
[#10]
My Bushmaster 24" Varminter is still good to go 20+ years later.  A fantastic rifle.

1:9 stabilizes 77gr fine if the barrel is long enough...
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 8:18:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Deutsche Waffen und Munitionsfabriken.

Mauser.

I just want modern versions of the P-08, the C96 and the 712.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 10:53:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A.R.M.S.
View Quote

Man, I was just reading through to the end of the thread to post this. I’ve still got an ARMS #40 on one of my rifles. Back in the day I wanted the SIR system so bad but couldn’t afford it. Once I could afford one there were better options out there.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:11:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Rock River Arms

I remember when I first got into AR’s they were considered upper tier quality.  

Don’t hear anything about them anymore.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Colt is still putting out great revolvers, 1911s, and ARs
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Winchester. Classic American rifles sold by tradition and nostalgia, made in Japan by people who can never own one.
View Quote
troof....
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Name ONE "Winchester" branded firearm that is made in China.  I bet you cannot.

That said, ever since the plant in New Haven closed down, the Winchester branded products are made by FN in S. Carolina, or by contract in Japan.   NOTHING firearm related with the Winchester name is make in China.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
“Winchester” is just a trademarked name that is whored out by Olin Corp. to whomever wants to market guns or Chinese junk under that once prestigious name.

Name ONE "Winchester" branded firearm that is made in China.  I bet you cannot.

That said, ever since the plant in New Haven closed down, the Winchester branded products are made by FN in S. Carolina, or by contract in Japan.   NOTHING firearm related with the Winchester name is make in China.

This is the third or fourth post by someone that doesn't know what OR means
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:22:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Fuck Oly. They couldn’t die fast enough. They fucked us all with their stupid OA-93 pistol which as soon as they sent a sample to ATF and got it approved for sale immediately made cheap steel core 5.56, 7.62x39, and 5.45 “handgun ammunition” and thus illegal to import. Oly did that. They did that to us. Years ago a member here wrote the ATF asking why the ammunition was banned and they specified it was because of the OA-93.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Olympic Arms.  Was a sad day when they turned the lights off.

Marlin.  The original company that made so many wonderful waffle top lever guns with deep bluing and walnut.

H&R/NEF.  Those single shot guns with the extra barrel program they offered was great.

What's done is done.

Now can PSA pleeeeeease make an OA-93 clone for us???

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Red Jacket Firearms
View Quote

Damn chomo.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Rock River Arms

I remember when I first got into AR’s they were considered upper tier quality.  

Don’t hear anything about them anymore.
View Quote

Their 1911's were to kill for, always in demand, very good quality, always had customers waiting on shipments and they shot themselves in the foot by getting away from them and getting heavy into AR's that, even then, was over saturated and they didn't have enough of a ''name premium'' to really shine.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:28:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL, you're retarded.  You have all your facts wrong.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Noveske
View Quote

This is a big one.

They're a lifestyle brand at best now.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Vickers
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:38:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Thompson Center
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:40:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Thompson Center
View Quote

Owned by Smith, last I checked.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#25]
I bought a winchester m70 featherweight.  It was my grail hunting rifle.  I think FN had got involved. Shoots like a laser and is a work of art.  I couldnt be happier.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:43:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Dead Air .

Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:48:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Made by PSA, marked as H&R?
View Quote

JJE Capital Holdings purchased Harrington & Richardson Arms. They hired the NodakSpuds guy to start up production of M16A1 lowers and other retro ARs branded with H&R logo. They sell them thru the PSA website.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:53:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:53:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

JJE Capital Holdings purchased Harrington & Richardson Arms. They hired the NodakSpuds guy to start up production of M16A1 lowers and other retro ARs branded with H&R logo. They sell them thru the PSA website.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

JJE is PSA.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Remington
Hudson firearms
Loki weapons systems
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thompson Center

Doesn't look like they make firearms anymore since Smith shut down the NH plant.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

JJE is PSA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

JJE is PSA.
JJE is the parent company of PSA. PSA is not H&R. H&R is not PSA.

Link Posted: 11/11/2023 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Model 1
Sherluk
JT distributors
Oly arms
Pro ordnance
View Quote
Ahh JT and Model 1  , used to buy their cheap uppers and flip um on eBay back when you could sell uppers on there .
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Doesn't look like they make firearms anymore since Smith shut down the NH plant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thompson Center

The NH plant has been bulldozed for at least a decade now. No more traditional muzzloaders. I think the in-lines are still made elsewhere. The Rochester site is a car dealership now.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#36]
I joined late to post the following, and I see that they have already been mentioned:

• Iver Johnson
  • Ithaca
  • Husqvarna
  • Parker Hale
It is a fickle world, when a manufacturer straddles the line between weapon and sporting good.

Link Posted: 11/11/2023 12:48:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Savage/Steens, Abercromby and Fitch?
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I've been thinking about some of the manufacturers that were big in the AR market that have faded into relative obscurity. People like DPMS, RRA, etc. Those guys are still around, and they have nice stuff as I saw at the recent Gunstock expo. Here's what I think a lot of you are failing to consider: The AR market was TINY around that time. ARs were somewhat "exotic" and the small-ish market simply didn't support that many players. The popularity of the AR exploded and a ton of people got in on the action with good quality stuff, diluting - but not eliminating - some of the older guys. That doesn't just apply to gun makers, but accessory makers. There were a few casualties along the way for sure, but it's just a different playground now than it was 20 years ago.
View Quote

Homogenized and commoditized.

The AR market is now like selling socks or hammers.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#39]
AMT (Terminator 1 "45 Longslide with laser sighting")
Franchi (Terminator 1 "12 Gauge Autoloader")

The Terminator 1984 Gun Shop Scene HD Clip 5 23

NAA (their pocket guns were popular enough they started spinning off new calibers)
Rohrbaugh (their pocket guns were highly sought after)

Link Posted: 11/11/2023 12:53:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I've been thinking about some of the manufacturers that were big in the AR market that have faded into relative obscurity. People like DPMS, RRA, etc. Those guys are still around, and they have nice stuff as I saw at the recent Gunstock expo. Here's what I think a lot of you are failing to consider: The AR market was TINY around that time. ARs were somewhat "exotic" and the small-ish market simply didn't support that many players. The popularity of the AR exploded and a ton of people got in on the action with good quality stuff, diluting - but not eliminating - some of the older guys. That doesn't just apply to gun makers, but accessory makers. There were a few casualties along the way for sure, but it's just a different playground now than it was 20 years ago.
View Quote

I was a "gun guy" for decades before I ever wanted or knew anything about an AR.  It wasn't until the early 2010s that I became interested.  In my AO before that time, they were definitely seen as a "niche" gun.  And to be honest, most gun people I knew looked upon them with disdain.  I think 9/11 and FBHO REALLY helped start turning them mainstream.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

JJE is PSA.

Is AAC PSA? Is Marlin Ruger?
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Ithaca
View Quote

Ithaca’s newest owners make a very fine product. The Ithaca NY factory is long gone but they’re now made in Ohio. They probably make the best slug gun available with the Deerslayer iii
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

They kept producing shotguns until the late 80s. The Ehrenpreuss series in 89 was the last.
View Quote

There were "Husqvarna" firearms that were actually rebranded. Krico made some rifles that were sold under the Husqvarna name.

Were Ehrebpreuss shotguns actually made by Husqvarna?
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 12:57:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Cobray
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 12:59:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Oh this is a Glock thread!
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The NH plant has been bulldozed for at least a decade now. No more traditional muzzloaders. I think the in-lines are still made elsewhere. The Rochester site is a car dealership now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thompson Center

I believe that T/C is pretty much gone now. I looked into it last year and as far as I can tell, the only thing still made is some T/c labeled muzzleloading products like ram rods, bore butter, quick loaders etc. They’re likely just contract made and the T/C trademark applied. I think the only thing surviving is the T/C name.

It’s a terrible shame that T/c disappeared. S&W ran that company into the ground in about a decades time.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Savage/Steens, Abercromby and Fitch?
View Quote
A&F didn't make guns. They were an outfitter that sold rebranded guns.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 1:15:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Speaking of S&W, I haven't heard much about Gemtech lately.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Deutsche Waffen und Munitionsfabriken.

Mauser.

I just want modern versions of the P-08, the C96 and the 712.  
View Quote

Mauser is still around but the company was split and the military manufacturing sold to rheinmetall.

Mauser M98’s for sale:

https://www.eurooptic.com/mauser-rifles-m98.aspx

I would add to the list of defunct gun companies:

Sig Sauer GmbH: the sig that everyone knows (USA Sig) today is not at all the same company as sig sauer Germany.

There is still Swiss sig (aka sig sauer AG) but they don’t make handguns anymore. The German company is gone as of a few years ago.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Heckler and Koch were once the standard of comparison for tactical style firearms at least, and it seems like they are now rapidly approaching the point of insignificance on the civilian market.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top