BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:00:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Love my 2020 Mustang GT Premium 5.0….well worth the money so far

Bronco? Fuck no, ugly AF and dumb

Let’s face it, Ford makes two vehicles worth buying……a Ford F- Series truck and the Ford Mustang GT, that’s it. If you buy any Ford besides those two you’re fucked
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:04:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Let’s face it, Ford makes two vehicles worth buying……a Ford F- Series truck and the Ford Mustang GT, that’s it. If you buy any Ford besides those two you’re fucked
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:06:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It looks small, I thought it would be bigger.
View Quote

Chick car
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:07:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Bronco: high drama vehicle for the high drama Queen lifestyle
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:08:06 AM EDT
[#5]
OP, Its clear you have no recollection how Toyota and Honda were regarded when they first got here in the 50s and 60s.

Kia and Hyundai make a good vehicle backed by an incredible warranty.

But dont let that distract you from your Bronco envy.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:10:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Their biggest mistake was releasing the Bronco sport, every moron confuses it with the Bronco.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:15:13 AM EDT
[#7]
24k miles on my Bronco Sport with no issues or complaints, absolutely love it. I'm short so it's the perfect height for me to throw a kayak on top by myself. I think the 2dr Bronco looks great but for the size and cost, I'm happy with my Bronco Sport.

Haters gonna hate.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:16:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:17:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By :
Quite a few bronco owners at my place of work. Not one complaint. All of them are happy with their purchase.
View Quote

Lots of trails in Indiana? Genuinely asking.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:35:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
24k miles on my Bronco Sport with no issues or complaints, absolutely love it. I'm short so it's the perfect height for me to throw a kayak on top by myself. I think the 2dr Bronco looks great but for the size and cost, I'm happy with my Bronco Sport.

Haters gonna hate.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/326493/IMG_20210820_180100743_HDR_jpg-2432339.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/326493/IMG_20210529_121337280_HDR_jpg-2432341.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/326493/IMG_20210903_163120246_HDR_jpg-2432340.JPG

View Quote

I don’t hate it, just the stupid name, it should have been called the Ford Explorer sport
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:37:12 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/CxRwfck.gif

^^^^^This dude gets it
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 1:35:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Over on the 6th gen Bronco forum, there are countless posts of the vehicle being a total POS.

Would you buy a first year vehicle from any manufacturer, especially a US car company?
View Quote

Meh I bought a first year of it's generation 27 years ago. Still my daily driver. Just routine maintenance.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 1:41:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Post a picture of your Jeep without posting a picture of your Jeep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Over on the 6th gen Bronco forum, there are countless posts of the vehicle being a total POS.

Would you buy a first year vehicle from any manufacturer, especially a US car company?
Post a picture of your Jeep without posting a picture of your Jeep.
No kidding.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 3:12:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

By now you should realize what the  Bronco Sport is. Yes, it was stupid of Ford, but it's not even a truck chasis.
View Quote
STUPID? Think about it for a second, these are selling like pancakes, all 3 sizes. Ford is laughing all the way to the bank.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 4:03:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Lol should have bout a defender

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 4:43:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Bought a first year vehicle once, Xterra. Never again.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 5:50:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 6:36:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

My daily drive is a 2012 Pathfinder. It was the last year Nissan built it on a truck frame. The following years were crossover vehicles.

The new 2022 Pathfinder is once again on a truck frame.

I'll wait until reviews and feedback is in, but I may consider a 2023.
View Quote

Uh, no it isn't. The Mallfinder is still a unibody FWD turd.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 6:48:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This makes me happy. I love the look of the new Pathfinder and the owner of an early build one said the 8-speed transmission was awesome. I was afraid they kept the old structure.

My ex had a 4-dr Bronco and is ambivalent. There’s a reason she’s my ex…

TC
View Quote

Except he's wrong, they did keep the old unibody FWD layout. They just changed styling cues to make it look slightly less like a bloated blob, apparently that was enough to confuse people into thinking they'd actually made a somewhat worthwhile product.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 7:04:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well, it’s a ford sooooooooo………
View Quote

Fucked
Over
Rebuilt
Dodge
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 7:30:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Opinions vary.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 7:32:35 AM EDT
[#22]
It was always a piece of shit
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:25:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Broncos were originally sort of small. They grew them in size in the later years. My first car was a 71 Bronco. It was a bit more than most. It was made for a logging company but then it got rolled with 5,000 on the odo. My pops (auto body/mechanic) picked it up in 72 and it went back on the road in 74. Because it was meant to be in the woods, it had dual gas tanks and batteries, decent little small block 302 V8, lock-out hubs, swing out spare, three on the tree, rear seat and during the resto we added the ranger pack, winch, trailer hitch and off road lights. They were top heavy and more power then speed.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:42:49 AM EDT
[#24]
The new Bronco is one big disappointment!
They were supposed to build it on a shortened F-150 chassis, instead they cheapened out.
The smaller Sport model is nice but the Toy 4Runner has it beat.
I'm a big Ford fan, but they need to quit fucking up their proven designs.
PS-The Eco-Boost engine is an accident waiting to happen.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Its a good thing that there are a lot of repair shops around most malls in the US.

Should be a short tow.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:50:45 AM EDT
[#26]
They seem to handle a winch line okay.

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:54:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Their biggest mistake was releasing the Bronco sport, every moron confuses it with the Bronco.
View Quote
Ford sold twice as many Bronco Sports in 2021 then they did Mustangs. I wouldn't call it a mistake. It's actually a nice step up from the Escape it's based on and not too terrible offroad for what it is (not that most owners would really utilize that).

Maybe calling it something other than Bronco Sport, yes, as it seems to cause a lot of confusion. The person responsible for that was probably the same person that named their EV SUV the Mustang Mach-e.

Maybe call it the Ford Fjord?
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Don't know why they made it a lesbian jeep alternative. Why not more like a two door expedition?  Like the originals....
View Quote

We’re a cucked society
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
ALL CAR FORUMS are full of complaints/problems/issues about XXXXXX vehicle.
View Quote

While that’s mostly true…

*Laughs in Lexus GX*

Don’t hear many complaints, just enthusiast forums full of people that realize they won the lottery with those SUVs
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:59:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Do you have a Bronco Sport?

My 2021 Bronco averages about 16.6mpg.  No issues and no complaints.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been renting a '21 model from Avis for the past few days.  It's the bare bones model but I like it.  I drive 60-100 miles/day.  Been getting 28-29mpg.

It's a small jeep-size vehicle that looks cool.  Wouldn't mind it for a commuter car.  Miss my F150 though.  

Do you have a Bronco Sport?

My 2021 Bronco averages about 16.6mpg.  No issues and no complaints.

Really? 16.6? My RAM 2500 averages about the same and I live in the mountains. Heck, my 2008 Range Rover Sport with a V8 will average close to 16. 16.6 is pretty barbaric for a current small SUV, but then again, it's probably about the same as a Wrangler....

I like the full size. It's on my radar along with the Wrangler.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:01:39 AM EDT
[#31]
lol Ford
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

We're a cucked society
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't know why they made it a lesbian jeep alternative. Why not more like a two door expedition?  Like the originals....

We're a cucked society
I find it amusing when people display their ignorance of the vehicle's history by apparently thinking it came out in '78, not '67.

Nick
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I saw one on the highway yesterday. Beside it was a new Nissan Pathfinder. The Bronco made the Pathfinder look like a Range Rover by comparison. The Bronco just looked like a cheaply made tin can.
View Quote

Based off what, exactly?

Comparing a shit Ford suv driving down the road next to a shittier Nissan at 70, I’d love to know the reasons for your conclusions outside of increasing post count
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:04:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:05:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Don't own a Jeep. 200 series Land Cruiser master race member.
View Quote

You might as well have just dropped the loudest mic in the world lol
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:06:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

no, no there isn't...

I've been posting on the same board for 2 years and following Bronco since before it's release and outside of the bad batch of 2.7s and early MIC top problems the issues are pretty isolated cases.

My loaded Badlands went into production a couple days ago and should be shipping out in about a week.
View Quote

Umm as of 2 weeks ago there were over 70 members out of just a few thousand total members that had blown 2.7 motors in new Broncos.

That’s a small % of actual owners on the road.

Good luck with your claymore
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:07:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yep.  Up to 25,000 Broncos with defective valves leading to engine failure.  Tiny issue really.  

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a40187943/nhtsa-investigating-ford-bronco-engine-failure/
View Quote

There are only like 100k of them on the road….so a 1/4 of them might blow up and that’s a tiny issue?

Your head is in the sand ombrè
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:10:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So actually worse than a Jeep owner.
View Quote

40+ years as the most reliable vehicle ever made, serving people around the globe and the UN’s official vehicle and he’s worse than a Jeep?

Tell us you’re poor, without telling us you’re poor.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I sure hope you didnt opt for the Hydraulic suspension.... And hey, you like big bitches thats cool. I just wouldnt brag about it...

Sincerely

A former Lexus master technician.
View Quote

The same hydraulic suspension that was/is functioning fine in my 16 year old 100 series?

Can you imagine that kind of engineering working 16 years later on a Chevrolet or anything domestic?

Me either
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:13:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Ah, into mall crawlers I see. Tally ho.
View Quote

What do you drive?
This is comical fyi
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#41]
A co worker of mine was a total Bronco fanboi, T-shirts, hats, etc and had one on order.  Regular bronco, not sport, Black Diamond edition with the removal-able top.  He'll never leave pavement with it but I have to admit it's a nice looking vehicle with the dark greyish blue and black steel wheels.  His only complaint is that the canvas top is too loud on the highway and wants to trade it for a '22 solid top.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:29:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This, i only buy quality Mopar products.
View Quote
Now THAT'S an oxymoron if I've ever heard one.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:30:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
A co worker of mine was a total Bronco fanboi, T-shirts, hats, etc and had one on order.  Regular bronco, not sport, Black Diamond edition with the removal-able top.  He'll never leave pavement with it but I have to admit it's a nice looking vehicle with the dark greyish blue and black steel wheels.  His only complaint is that the canvas top is too loud on the highway and wants to trade it for a '22 solid top.
View Quote
He can just buy a hard top with the sound deadening. It's a factory option.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

My daily drive is a 2012 Pathfinder. It was the last year Nissan built it on a truck frame. The following years were crossover vehicles.

The new 2022 Pathfinder is once again on a truck frame.

I'll wait until reviews and feedback is in, but I may consider a 2023.
View Quote

I’d rather have a Ford than a Nissan
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't know his exact line of thinking or financial situation but I think he's well above water on the financing and would get a good deal, not sure though.  I'd probably do the same, get a year newer vehicle with the options I want with little to no impact on my payment instead of dropping a couple thousand cash on a new top.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Only if you happen to have gotten one of 2.7's with defective valves.  They are breaking a valve stem and dropping valves which completely toasts the engine.

It appears to be limited to a certain production date range so far.

Quite unlike GM were every 5.3 and 6.2 engine will drop a valve and grenade...  this is why I drive a Toyota.

Oh yeah and stop taking about the re-badged Escape, this only pertains to the actual Bronco... this one...

Not this econo-shit-box

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:41:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I don't know his exact line of thinking or financial situation but I think he's well above water on the financing and would get a good deal, not sure though.  I'd probably do the same, get a year newer vehicle with the options I want with little to no impact on my payment instead of dropping a couple thousand cash on a new top.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol good luck to him with that.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/wait-times-for-2023-bronco-builds.46213/
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2023-my-bronco-order-bank-opens-8-15.45215/page-20
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:41:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Lol, I’ve heard that the new jeeps and the new LR Defenders are lemons too.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:45:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Sales say it is a hit.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Lol, I’ve heard that the new jeeps and the new LR Defenders are lemons too.
View Quote

Defenders yeah, I heard that too, but “new Jeeps” is an awfully broad category. I have a “new Jeep” and it’s awesome.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top