User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not sure why everyone keeps saying this.  They look pretty huge to me

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/75325/Screenshot_20220419-155155_Facebook-2431805.jpg

View Quote

Which is you?
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:03:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a dodge ram in 1994 when they came out with the new body style.

I learned my lesson.

Never again will I buy a new vehicle the first year it's released.

But I do really really want a bronco.  I'll probably get one in a year or two.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Ehhh I have one. No problems. It’s so weird to see people get so spicy over what other people buy.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:16:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ehhh I have one. No problems. It’s so weird to see people get so spicy over what other people buy.
View Quote

So many people seem to want it to suck.  I'm just over here driving the shit out of mine.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:29:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Which is you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure why everyone keeps saying this.  They look pretty huge to me

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/75325/Screenshot_20220419-155155_Facebook-2431805.jpg

Which is you?

If you’re the blonde on the left, slide into my DMs
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:39:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So many people seem to want it to suck.  I'm just over here driving the shit out of mine.
View Quote

Bitches be jealous.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:45:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Bitches be jealous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bitches be jealous.
We love ours.  Haven't had any issues at all.  

I think my only complaint is the stereo sucks, but that can be easily remedied.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I live in the sticks. I see loads of Jeeps and Chevy pickups. Never seen a Bronco out here.

Yesterday I had to travel to Royal Oak Michigan, aka Karen Land. Seems like every other vehicle was a tricked out Bronco. That is probably where they should stay, on the pavement.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Bitches be jealous.
View Quote

Yeah, everyone's jealous of someone driving a Ford...
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:03:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I think the Suzuki Samurai is a little bigger than the Bronco.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:06:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

The contrary- I wanted one. Bad.

I’ll probably wait for the next 4Runner now.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:13:54 AM EDT
[#12]
So does OP have a bronco? or is he just upset that others are upset over a vehicle he doesn't have?

It is the big bronco, or the small bronco OP has?
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:14:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Bought a first year vehicle once, Xterra. Never again.
View Quote

A neighbor of mine called his the "Xterrible".
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Over on the 6th gen Bronco forum, there are countless posts of the vehicle being a total POS.

Would you buy a first year vehicle from any manufacturer, especially a US car company?
View Quote

You would come to that conclusion after spending time on any car model specific forum. People generally don’t take to the forum to make a post saying  “all is well, no issues here”
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:40:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/427921/IMG_20220315_123757387_jpg-2432635.JPG

Raptor! I saw one recently. It looks beastly.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm a Jeep Rubicon owner.

However, unlike the weirdos that feel it necessary to shit on every vehicle that is different than their own I think that Ford has done a lot of great things with the Bronco.  However, first year vehicles are always an issue and the launch of this one came at a time of the pandemic with a laundry list of issues contributing to the problems that vehicle is currently reported to have.

If Ford does the right thing and sticks with the Bronco I bet in five years or so that it will be a great vehicle.  Right now though, I wouldn't recommend it as a buy even though I like a lot of the stats on paper that it has.  

Never be the beta tester and that's what you are if you buy any new vehicle or anything that is brand new and hasn't been produced for a few years.

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:45:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm a Jeep Rubicon owner.

However, unlike the weirdos that feel it necessary to shit on every vehicle that is different than their own I think that Ford has done a lot of great things with the Bronco.  However, first year vehicles are always an issue and the launch of this one came at a time of the pandemic with a laundry list of issues contributing to the problems that vehicle is currently reported to have.

If Ford does the right thing and sticks with the Bronco I bet in five years or so that it will be a great vehicle.  Right now though, I wouldn't recommend it as a buy even though I like a lot of the stats on paper that it has.  

Never be the beta tester and that's what you are if you buy any new vehicle or anything that is brand new and hasn't been produced for a few years.

View Quote

Agree 100% … and as a multiple Jeep owner, I appreciate that someone is keeping Jeep honest by creating competition.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The sport model is the hood rat version. Just like polo sport, hilfiger sport, anything sport.

It’s for the poors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In this thread 87% of the people bitching about the new Bronco don't know the difference between the bronco sport and the bronco.

Isn’t the sport model the non-sporty one!

The sport model is the hood rat version. Just like polo sport, hilfiger sport, anything sport.

It’s for the poors.

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:51:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Entirely new platform from scratch with a new factory and a Union workforce?

What could possibly go wrong?
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quite a few bronco owners at my place of work. Not one complaint. All of them are happy with their purchase.
View Quote

There aren't "countless posts saying it's a POS" on Bronco 6g.  There are plenty of posts where people are mad they are still waiting.  I have one and love it.  It is my favorite vehicle I have ever purchased.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:07:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That doesn't even scratch the surface... 2.3 turbo issues, roof leaks, roof cracks, soft top seams splitting, hood misalignments, cowlings not allowing hood to open, transmission issues, rust upon delivery, various fluids not filled to required levels, air and water leaks around windows...

This thing is a complete POS. NHTSA is investigating.
View Quote

I'm on there a lot, you know, as an owner.  I have not seen 90% of what you are talking about.  It seems you are spending a lot of time trying to compile this.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Do the new Bronco owners go off-roading with them? Curious what's the problem with the new Bronco, other than it being a new model.
View Quote

I did see two on the Alpine loop and one on Hell's Revenge in Moab.  I didn't take mine because I am still waiting on bumpers and real armor.  Wait time on aftermarket parts is still pretty high.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yep.  Up to 25,000 Broncos with defective valves leading to engine failure.  Tiny issue really.  

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a40187943/nhtsa-investigating-ford-bronco-engine-failure/
View Quote

How many are affected to date?  64.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:11:28 PM EDT
[#26]
OP got fired from the Lima Engine Plant
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#27]

I can pull individual complaints from ANY car website, absolutely including Land Cruiser.  Are you new to the internet?
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:15:12 PM EDT
[#28]
But it has GOAT mode guys

Seriously mom has a 2022 sport and she loves the thing. I have driven it a lot and I don’t understand the hate. Rear seating is pretty small other than that I liked it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:15:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Don’t know if it’s been covered.

*laughs in new Lincoln aviator*

I’ve been with ford over twenty years, and the aviator is the worst launch I’ve seen.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Do you have a Bronco Sport?

My 2021 Bronco averages about 16.6mpg.  No issues and no complaints.
View Quote

This. Everyone at work "I have a Bronco" "I have a Jeep"
Attachment Attached File

You have a car with Bronco written on it or Jeep written on it, save for the 5 Wranglers in the lot. No new real Broncos yet at my work yet.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:21:17 PM EDT
[#31]
You're always going to get a lot of complaints online because more people who buy a vehicle never get on a forum about that vehicle. That said, there are some obviously problems with the rollout that Ford will have to address.

I did buy my Ranger during "first year" production in 2019. Yes it was already a widely used platform at that point internationally, but the NA Ranger has some significant differences in body paneling, suspension, and drivetrain. That said, it was using an already well-established drivetrain from other Ford models and an effectively de-tuned 2.3L from products like the Mustang.

I like the looks and the options of the Bronco. But I am honestly glad I have the Ranger...
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That's gonna look great when you chop the rear fenders so you can run some Super Swampers.
View Quote

@NightFlyer

How can I say this and still stay friends with you....NO FUCKING WAY  

Getting ready to start a second one for my wife, as long as she can pick the color, I can do what I want, so we are going with a 72 half cab with factory cut rear fenders and 35" tires
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

40+ years as the most reliable vehicle ever made, serving people around the globe and the UN’s official vehicle and he’s worse than a Jeep?

Tell us you’re poor, without telling us you’re poor.
View Quote

Owning a Land Cruiser is an understated display of wealth.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:29:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
He can just buy a hard top with the sound deadening. It's a factory option.
View Quote

The one that leaks, cracks and delaminates...
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

nah, it's actually superior in nearly every way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's only trying to be a Jeep.

nah, it's actually superior in nearly every way.

Feel free to post a point by point comparison listing the non-subjective ways the Bronco is superior.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/427921/IMG_20220315_123757387_jpg-2432635.JPG

Yep, sure does.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:37:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The new Bronco is one big disappointment!
They were supposed to build it on a shortened F-150 chassis, instead they cheapened out.
The smaller Sport model is nice but the Toy 4Runner has it beat.
I'm a big Ford fan, but they need to quit fucking up their proven designs.
PS-The Eco-Boost engine is an accident waiting to happen.
View Quote

True, but the 4R and the Sport are in completely different categories.  The Bronco on an F150 would not work and I am glad that they didn't do it.  The old one is WAY to wide for trails.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:42:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Entirely new platform from scratch with a new factory and a Union workforce?

What could possibly go wrong?
View Quote

Auto workers caught drinking and smoking marijuana while building cars.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:43:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

There aren't "countless posts saying it's a POS" on Bronco 6g.  There are plenty of posts where people are mad they are still waiting.  I have one and love it.  It is my favorite vehicle I have ever purchased.
View Quote

You are wrong.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:45:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yeah, everyone's jealous of someone driving a Ford...
View Quote

You're jealous because we're American.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm on there a lot, you know, as an owner.  I have not seen 90% of what you are talking about.  It seems you are spending a lot of time trying to compile this.
View Quote

I don't have to compile anything. The Bronco's numerous faults speak for themselves.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your response is beyond stupid. Keep wishing that only 64 motors have blown...
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I can pull individual complaints from ANY car website, absolutely including Land Cruiser.  Are you new to the internet?
View Quote

Compare the types of complaints LC owners have vs. Bronco owners... LC owners don't have a running tally of blown motors and basic QC issues...
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You are wrong.
View Quote

LOL.  So you think, you as a non-owner, who has no interest in owning one, has spent more time browsing a site dedicated to Bronco owners, than someone who has owned one for 8 mo?
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

@NightFlyer

Getting ready to start a second one for my wife, as long as she can pick the color, I can do what I want, so we are going with a 72 half cab with factory cut rear fenders and 35" tires
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's gonna look great when you chop the rear fenders so you can run some Super Swampers.

@NightFlyer

You didn't get my sarcasm. I'm glad you are not going to chop the rear fender well. You have a great looking vehicle.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Ill buy a Bronco when i can get it for below MSRP
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the tally?  It's actually 55 people.  I just looked.  The only number we know is what is posted on 6g.  I am sure there are other people that are not on that site, but we obviously can't know that and there have been no other numbers listed.  The NTSB only shows 32.  So before you call someone out as stupid, maybe you should look.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 1:00:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

LOL.  So you think, you as a non-owner, who has no interest in owning one, has spent more time browsing a site dedicated to Bronco owners, than someone who has owned one for 8 mo?
View Quote

I am right. You are wrong.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 1:05:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What's the tally?  It's actually 55 people.  I just looked.  The only number we know is what is posted on 6g.  I am sure there are other people that are not on that site, but we obviously can't know that and there have been no other numbers listed.  The NTSB only shows 32.  So before you call someone out as stupid, maybe you should look.
View Quote

For the NTSB, 32 blown motors was enough for them to start the investigation. Ford already admitted that many thousands are at risk of exploding at any moment... Living up the name "EcoBomb".
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Don't know why they made it a lesbian jeep alternative. Why not more like a two door expedition?  Like the originals....
View Quote

They patterned the new full-sized model after the originals from the 70's. The 2 door 80's-90's Expedition-style Bronco isn't the original.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top