(Bronco is not made by Chrysler)
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#2]
lol ford. I made that mistake once.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Your response is beyond stupid. Keep wishing that only 64 motors have blown...
View Quote

64 to date on JUST THE BRONCO forum. Apparently the valve issue leading to a grenaded motors only affected forum members to that smooth brain.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

(Bronco is not made by Chrysler)
View Quote

UAW is gonna UAW...
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

LOL.  So you think, you as a non-owner, who has no interest in owning one, has spent more time browsing a site dedicated to Bronco owners, than someone who has owned one for 8 mo?
View Quote

Apparently yes, that’s exactly what is happening.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 2:47:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Don’t know if it’s been covered.

*laughs in new Lincoln aviator*

I’ve been with ford over twenty years, and the aviator is the worst launch I’ve seen.
View Quote

I almost forgot about that. 2019 seems like a distant memory at this point.

Ford was building Explorers/Aviators at Chicago Assembly and then immediately shipping them to Flat Rock Assembly in Michigan to repair the QC screwups.

I'm going to say that was worse than the Bronco, and before considering the Bronco launched during the chaos of covidocalypse and the 6th gen Explorer did not.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Compare the types of complaints LC owners have vs. Bronco owners... LC owners don't have a running tally of blown motors and basic QC issues...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can pull individual complaints from ANY car website, absolutely including Land Cruiser.  Are you new to the internet?

Compare the types of complaints LC owners have vs. Bronco owners... LC owners don't have a running tally of blown motors and basic QC issues...

Trick question.

In order for there to be a meaningful number of LC owner complaints, there would need to be a meaningful number of LC owners.

Ford sold more Broncos from January to May of this year (46,161) than Toyota sold LCs from 2007 to 2022 (45,076).

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

64 to date on JUST THE BRONCO forum. Apparently the valve issue leading to a grenaded motors only affected forum members to that smooth brain.
View Quote

You apparently have a hard time reading.  There are 55 on the 6g forum and 32 listed by NTSB.  Where are your numbers coming from?  We can only know what we know.  You deciding there are thousands doesn't mean anything to anyone.  Until we have any other numbers, those are the only ones that actually have any weight.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Bought my GMC Canyon first year. No qualms and still love the truck.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Trick question.

In order for there to be a meaningful number of LC owner complaints, there would need to be a meaningful number of LC owners.

Ford sold more Broncos from January to May of this year (46,161) than Toyota sold LCs from 2007 to 2022 (45,076).

View Quote

Trick answer.  The Lexus LX and GX are generally considered Land Cruisers too.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A buddy just picked up his 2 door

its a 2 adults, + 2 oompaloompas ride

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3097/4503B543-727C-423E-B8E8-801D0DC9F8DD-2431871.jpg
View Quote

Change out the tan stripping and black top with white and that would look awesome.

As far as consumer satisfaction goes, everyone that I've talked to had only one complaint and that was the wait time to get it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trick question.

I'll give you the LX, but it's not exactly a hot seller either. They only sold 68,356 units from 2007 to 2021 averaging out to 4,557 per year.

The GX is much more closely related to the 4Runner.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'll give you the LX, but it's not exactly a hot seller either. They only sold 68,356 units from 2007 to 2021 averaging out to 4,557 per year.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trick question.

No no no. It’s a 120 series land cruiser prado. The GX and 4Runner (and the FJ Cruiser) are all based on that same LC.

If a prado is a land cruiser then there are all kinds of problems over the years. For example, the turbo V6 8” rear diffs grenading at highway speed.

Toyota makes great stuff but they are not immune to problems.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You're jealous because we're American.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 4:23:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Trick question.

View Quote

LC's are 100k but that is still pretty surprising.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 4:25:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

The GX is sold around the world as a Toyota land cruiser Prado (150 series). It is only in the US that it wears a Lexus badge, and the only thing it shares with the 4Runner is the suspension on some models. It uses the Tundra drivetrain.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would think the GX is a closer comparison to the Bronco though, but neither is really comparable.  Seems silly.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah, everyone's jealous of someone driving a Ford...
View Quote

Speaking of things no ones jealous of. Look a Canadian.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're jealous because we're American.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/8ACBA971-8E93-4D47-86B2-743996C1F155-178-646.gif

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#20]
It's funny to see someone hate a vehicle so much that they get on a gun forum to complain. I also assume OP doesn't own one.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Kia Soul is better and cheaper. If you’re gonna get a chick car might as well get a cheap one.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The Bronco just looked like a cheaply made tin can.
View Quote

This is exactly what I think about it too
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#23]
The difference between the "sport" bronco and the real bronco is apples and oranges.  That is another reason I sold mine.  My real bronco.  To a dealer.  Today.  For $12,000 over window sticker.  Which I paid window sticker back in april.  Figured this market was going to go to shit so I had better get it sold now.  3 hours on market place.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 6:36:16 PM EDT
[#24]
If they would give me an option for a 5.0 and a manual I'd be interested. But I don't want a small cubic inch motor with shit slapped all over it. All this ecoboost shit is getting ridiculous.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Trick question.

View Quote

Most people can't afford a Land Cruiser. Go be poor in your Bronco.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Everyone on the gun forum has a more powerful, more valuable, and more reliable vehicle than everyone else on the gun forum.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 7:28:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trick question.

Most people who are willing to spend $100k on a vehicle aren't in the market for a bland SUV with dated tech. This is a major reason why the LC is dead in the US.

They'd rather buy a Tahoe/Suburban for just over half the price, take advantage of the newer tech, and trade in at 3 years.

Also, I drive a 4Runner. I just don't partake in the cultish brand loyalty that is so prevalent here.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:23:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Over on the 6th gen Bronco forum, there are countless posts of the vehicle being a total POS.

Would you buy a first year vehicle from any manufacturer, especially a US car company?
View Quote

Google 2021 Silverado or Jeep Gladiator reviews.

Alternatively, if you want an example from another product group (that is presumably close to heart being that this is ARFCOM) pull up a thread on Rock River, Springfield, Sig Sauer, or any other quality firearms manufacturer that has had "controversy" in the past... there's probably a good chance that someone doesn't like one of the models that you like for whatever reason.

Ordered a Mav. back in January, so of course my opinion is completely unbiased ... but it is my understanding that the Bronco can't be built and delivered fast enough.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:44:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It's funny to see someone hate a vehicle so much that they get on a gun forum to complain. I also assume OP doesn't own one.
View Quote

He doesn't, he's admitted to it. Seems to be trolling for the sake of talking shit based on some reading on a car forum that is dedicated to the car he dislikes.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, it doesn't have the graceful symmetry of a HMMWV, but then what does?
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Holy shit, you can't go a half mile without seeing one around here. I think they look good. actually saw a Raptor version yesterday. Meh, I wouldn't buy one but wife wants to upgrade her sport version to the full size.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Anyone using the term master race in 2022, should be forced into slavery.... because they're gay.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Entirely new platform from scratch with a new factory and a Union workforce?

What could possibly go wrong?
View Quote

MAP is not a new factory...
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:09:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Feel free to post a point by point comparison listing the non-subjective ways the Bronco is superior.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's only trying to be a Jeep.

nah, it's actually superior in nearly every way.

Feel free to post a point by point comparison listing the non-subjective ways the Bronco is superior.

-more hp/torque with similar mpg
-better on road manners and smoother ride due to ifs.
-better tech such as 360 degree cameras, 12 inch screen, trail turn assist, electronic sta bar disc.
-Sasquatch package with 35s, improved suspension and gearing available for ALL trim levels.

good enough so far?
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:14:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

For the NTSB, 32 blown motors was enough for them to start the investigation. Ford already admitted that many thousands are at risk of exploding at any moment... Living up the name "EcoBomb".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the tally?  It's actually 55 people.  I just looked.  The only number we know is what is posted on 6g.  I am sure there are other people that are not on that site, but we obviously can't know that and there have been no other numbers listed.  The NTSB only shows 32.  So before you call someone out as stupid, maybe you should look.

For the NTSB, 32 blown motors was enough for them to start the investigation. Ford already admitted that many thousands are at risk of exploding at any moment... Living up the name "EcoBomb".

bullshit...the bad valves were narrowed down to a specific time frame of engine builds.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:26:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Except he's wrong, they did keep the old unibody FWD layout. They just changed styling cues to make it look slightly less like a bloated blob, apparently that was enough to confuse people into thinking they'd actually made a somewhat worthwhile product.
View Quote

Damnit!

TC
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:35:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

bullshit...the bad valves were narrowed down to a specific time frame of engine builds.
View Quote

Last number I have seen is that Ford noted up to 25,538 Broncos with the 2.7 may be affected. Unless that has changed and been narrowed down further in the last couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#38]

"Told ya so fan boys" doesn't begin to sum it up.

I can't wait until the 3-year results are in to see just how these things held up ... or rather didn't
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:22:46 PM EDT
[#40]
I had an 89 with a 302 and a five speed.  I had friends with EB's. Wish I loved it.  It's not awful, we shall see.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:16:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In this thread 87% of the people bitching about the new Bronco don't know the difference between the bronco sport and the bronco.

Isn’t the sport model the non-sporty one!

The sport model is the hood rat version. Just like polo sport, hilfiger sport, anything sport.

It’s for the poors.

So you think the bronco sport is the good one?

I would quit while you’re ahead. You are already looking pretty dumb right now.

The bronco sport is the neutered, Ford Escape based mini Ute.

I’d hate to be a “man” who can’t tell the difference.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:23:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Everyone on the gun forum has a more powerful, more valuable, and more reliable vehicle than everyone else on the gun forum.
View Quote

Lol you noticed that too?
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:36:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

-better tech such as 360 degree cameras, 12 inch screen, trail turn assist, electronic sta bar disc.
-Sasquatch package with 35s, improved suspension and gearing available for ALL trim levels.

good enough so far?
View Quote

I'm not a hater, but that's a bug, not a feature.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:38:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Biggest fail is the ifs suspension.
Go spent 40 or 50k on someones restomod 66-77
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:47:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In this thread 87% of the people bitching about the new Bronco don't know the difference between the bronco sport and the bronco.

Isn’t the sport model the non-sporty one!

The sport model is the hood rat version. Just like polo sport, hilfiger sport, anything sport.

It’s for the poors.

The primary target market for the Bronco Sport is the granola munching active lifestyle crowd. Next in line is rural people who need a vehicle that's somewhat capable without having all the compromises of a 15 MPG BOF 4x4.

The ghetto crowd isn't lining up for a $30k+ crossover with no street cred.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:51:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Saw a nice Bronco in the dealership the other day.

With a $20k markup
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:58:16 PM EDT
[#47]
The Bronco looks both kinda cool and kinda weird.

I can see why some don’t care for the looks.

I like the 2 Door with the Sasquatch.

I would consider one in the future only… once they are somewhat debugged.

Link Posted: 6/28/2022 2:39:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many are affected to date?  64.

So tell us exactly how many claims are in the Ford warranty system that tracks every single claim that might be related to the valve supplier quality issue.  

I guarantee there are daily conference calls with ~25 Ford employees from engineering, service, Lima engine plant, Bronco assy plant and a whole bunch of people from the supplier. I suspect the supplier CEO has been on the phone with multiple Ford Senior VPs.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 2:51:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

good enough so far?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's only trying to be a Jeep.

nah, it's actually superior in nearly every way.

good enough so far?

Not really.

SFA vs IFS is like 9mm vs 45
Boosted engine is nice for power but adds complexity
Cameras and screens…..
I do like that you can do a bit more pick & choose with the Bronco
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 6:13:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not really.

SFA vs IFS is like 9mm vs 45
View Quote

Came to post this. The IFS vs SFA is purely subjective. Even IF ifs is superior one way, SFA beats it another so its a wash.

Far as the other things he's list, Jeep finally stepped up to the plate on those offerings. The main reason I was excited for the Bronco was the competition jeep has gone so long without.

Jeep turbo engine seems a tad anemic compared to the fords turbo though.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top