2006 was the last year for Jeep.

At last, all things Bronco!!!
View Quote

Y U no like minivan engine?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:15:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tj owner. Not Crying,  if it had solid axle I would consider a Wildtrak .

Guarantee I will NOT see one where I wheel .

Guarantee I WILL see one when I take my girls to town for Ice Cream .

ETA : What the Hell are " Beadlock Capable Wheels " ?
View Quote
I was wondering the same thing. Last I installed beadlocks you didn't have an option, no ring=not holding 1psi lol.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:32:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Im amazed they are going to offer factory 35's with 4.70 gears. Thats pretty amazing.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:45:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Honestly the thing looks pretty good and it sounds like they will have a bunch of options from the factory. Locking diffs and a manual as an option is nice too.

I don't plan on getting rid of my 18 jk anytime soon but if it got totaled or something I'd look at the ford along with new jl's.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:29:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Can’t give up that death wobble huh?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No front solid axles no care

Can’t give up that death wobble huh?

Can’t give up not losing ground clearance when the suspension flexes.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:37:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does it have vinyl seats and floors I can wash out with a garden hose?
View Quote

Yep.  With drain plugs in the floor.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:41:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Can’t give up not losing ground clearance when the suspension flexes.
View Quote

Those curbs at the mall that big?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:52:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nothing to cry about, there is lots too like about the bronco, ford did their homework. But no solid axle and no mechanical t case linkage are big let downs imo. People want and expect that rugged mechanical durability from Jeep.
View Quote

Solid front axle are way over hyped. The IFS let it do 95% of what the wrangler can do and have a better ride, better off road at speed. 99% of the people who buy vehicles to go off roading don’t do any significant rock crawling to the point they are limited by the IFS.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:09:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Solid front axle are way over hyped. The IFS let it do 95% of what the wrangler can do and have a better ride, better off road at speed. 99% of the people who buy vehicles to go off roading don’t do any significant rock crawling to the point they are limited by the IFS.
View Quote

No truer words have ever been spoken. Just prepare for the reeeeeeeee of the Jeep crowd, most of whom couldn’t post a picture of their Jeep doing something a 4Runner, the new Bronco, or most 4x4 pickup trucks couldn’t do as well.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:10:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't get the hate. Both are going to be primarily driven by people who have never once gone off a paved road in their lives.

Ironically I have a funny story about the rich people mentality of buying off road vehicles that have never seen mud before. About a month ago we were surveying, and had gotten in the work truck and were creeping down the shoulder, looking for a peice of flagging we had tied off in the woods several hundred feet. The boss is getting up there in age, and frankly his lack of awareness scares the shit out of me when I'm in the truck as a passenger. But we are creeping down the shoulder with about half the truck in the road and the other half on the grassy shoulder, and  were looking, and I see it and yell to stop about a second too late. Boss drove the front right of the truck right into this sudden ditch that was about 3 feet in incline. We drive a Dodge Dakota and this poor truck is sitting there with the rear lopsided in the air, the front side tilted to the right like 45 degrees and I'm just facepalming. This bitch is stuck good, and to the passerby it looks like we had missed the curve some and basically careened off into a ditch.

I have to climb out my window dukes of hazard style, and the bossman gets out and has a 2 foot drop to the ground. We are sitting there not even 45 seconds before this brand new looking Wrangler pulls in behind us, and this rich guy pops out salivating at the possibility of actually using his Jeep to pull someone else out of a ditch. This baby is loaded, I mean he has the full package, and there was so much chrome it would make the WarBoys pop a chubby. And thankfully part of his package included a front hitch. But he had absolutely no clue how to use it. It took him a while to figure out how to release the winch, and then after we had hooked it to our rear hitch he couldn't figure out how to retract it. Once he had figured that out, it was on to the towing action. I thankfully managed to stop him before he floored it in reverse, and had to explain that you have to go slowly or it might break the cable or rip the hitch off or something.

Nice guy, and I'm not dragging him it was just funny to me. All in all it took about 5-10 minutes from the time we pulled a James Yeager, until the time we were drug back out of that ditch.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:24:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Waste of site resources.
View Quote

5mb close to the end of the internet!!!! Attachment Attached File

Delete this thread to save space
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:28:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't get the hate. Both are going to be primarily driven by people who have never once gone off a paved road in their lives.

Ironically I have a funny story about the rich people mentality of buying off road vehicles that have never seen mud before. About a month ago we were surveying, and had gotten in the work truck and were creeping down the shoulder, looking for a peice of flagging we had tied off in the woods several hundred feet. The boss is getting up there in age, and frankly his lack of awareness scares the shit out of me when I'm in the truck as a passenger. But we are creeping down the shoulder with about half the truck in the road and the other half on the grassy shoulder, and  were looking, and I see it and yell to stop about a second too late. Boss drove the front right of the truck right into this sudden ditch that was about 3 feet in incline. We drive a Dodge Dakota and this poor truck is sitting there with the rear lopsided in the air, the front side tilted to the right like 45 degrees and I'm just facepalming. This bitch is stuck good, and to the passerby it looks like we had missed the curve some and basically careened off into a ditch.

I have to climb out my window dukes of hazard style, and the bossman gets out and has a 2 foot drop to the ground. We are sitting there not even 45 seconds before this brand new looking Wrangler pulls in behind us, and this rich guy pops out salivating at the possibility of actually using his Jeep to pull someone else out of a ditch. This baby is loaded, I mean he has the full package, and there was so much chrome it would make the WarBoys pop a chubby. And thankfully part of his package included a front hitch. But he had absolutely no clue how to use it. It took him a while to figure out how to release the winch, and then after we had hooked it to our rear hitch he couldn't figure out how to retract it. Once he had figured that out, it was on to the towing action. I thankfully managed to stop him before he floored it in reverse, and had to explain that you have to go slowly or it might break the cable or rip the hitch off or something.

Nice guy, and I'm not dragging him it was just funny to me. All in all it took about 5-10 minutes from the time we pulled a James Yeager, until the time we were drug back out of that ditch.
View Quote
You also should not pull somebody out in reverse from what I understand. It's really hard on the transmission.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:10:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Mine just turned 40.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My Jeep is 38 years old, come back here in 38 more and well see if that POS Ford is still around

LOL at IFS

Mine just turned 40.

My CJ5 is 53 years old
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:14:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ford and Jeep owners, swinging purses.

But each still owns a Jeep or a Ford.......who wins? lol
View Quote

This is actually an underrated comment.

And I own a jeep product. Fucking oil filter is completely stuck and now has holes in it. Transmission needed solenoids replaced..twice. Leaks like a son of a bitch. Has some kind of electrical demon that saps the battery when I shut it down.

It's a nightmare and I love it. (It's fucking old. Late 90's.)
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:28:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't plan on getting rid of my 18 jk anytime soon but if it got totaled or something I'd look at the ford along with new jl's.
View Quote

Mine's a 17 JK, but I'm in the same boat. If this proves to be any form of competition to Jeep, that's a good thing for the consumer

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:32:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You also should not pull somebody out in reverse from what I understand. It's really hard on the transmission.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was always told that it was hard on the gears in the diffs, because they are being strained the opposite way for which they were designed.

But hooking up a winch to then pull somebody using the vehicle itself? That's....not good for the winch
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:35:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Best of luck to everyone lining up to buy the first year of a new production vehicle loaded with electrical options!

At least make sure you get the extended factory warranty... if you have any money left after paying whatever premium you have to in order to beat out all the other overly-enthusiastic masochists.

But maybe I'm wrong and you won't wind up with a mailbox full of those recall letters this time.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:47:00 AM EDT
[#18]
I want it to succeed  but I don't see it happening..
At least not on the scale many on here think it will

Aside from maybe OJ most younger people  this day and age barely know what a bronco is, if at all. They have zero emotional attachment to it like the boomers.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:47:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I was wondering the same thing. Last I installed beadlocks you didn't have an option, no ring=not holding 1psi lol.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/148098/A3BEBA25-AEEE-4556-B564-9CB30116204F-1503094.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tj owner. Not Crying,  if it had solid axle I would consider a Wildtrak .

Guarantee I will NOT see one where I wheel .

Guarantee I WILL see one when I take my girls to town for Ice Cream .

ETA : What the Hell are " Beadlock Capable Wheels " ?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/148098/A3BEBA25-AEEE-4556-B564-9CB30116204F-1503094.png

Pretty simple; bead locks are not road legal. Ford sells you a wheel what comes woth a removable faux BL ring that you can replace with a real bead lock. AEV makes similar wheels for jeeps etc now
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:48:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Best of luck to everyone lining up to buy the first year of a new production vehicle loaded with electrical options!

At least make sure you get the extended factory warranty... if you have any money left after paying whatever premium you have to in order to beat out all the other overly-enthusiastic masochists.

But maybe I'm wrong and you won't wind up with a mailbox full of those recall letters this time.
View Quote

Well... I did order a first year Wrangler JL in 2018. Broke down three weeks later. In the shop over a month.
Could the Bronco be just as troublesome? We will see.
Wrangler has been dead reliable since then.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:48:39 AM EDT
[#21]
This week in TJ wrenching....
(6)12 point hub/bearing mounting bolts and 17 years of road salt have me cursing at my TJ.
That’s only the start. But, I still enjoy the Jeep I just hate rust.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:49:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Looking forward to my new Bronco. Have owned 3 new wranglers and they were and have always been the same gutless bastards.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:50:29 AM EDT
[#23]

True story bro!

You can believe everything you see on the internet.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:52:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Aside from maybe OJ most younger people  this day and age barely know what a bronco is, if at all. They have zero emotional attachment to it like the boomers.
View Quote

I think this will eat jeeps lunch honestly. Competition is good and this thing will certainly drive jeep prices down. Assuming covid/unrest doesn’t completely unravel the country I expect to see a ton of these on the road by the end of 2021.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:57:10 AM EDT
[#25]
I see all the BuT mUh SoLiD aXlEz! Crowd is out in full force.

IFS is better for what 99% of these things will do 99% of the time, and thats drive on roads.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:58:47 AM EDT
[#26]
No deathwobble, no sale
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:59:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Lol

This is awesome
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:00:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

IFS is better for what 99% of these things will do 99% of the time, and thats drive on roads.
View Quote

But muh jeep is 49 years old!

You got to remember, a lot of these guys hate anything that doesnt have hand cranked windows and bench seats. They probably use WebTV to post here.

New tech is tha debil!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:01:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Business opportunity: I’m going to market “Bronco Recovery Team” shirts to Wrangler owners and “Rubicon Recovery Team” shirts to Bronco owners.

$$$PROFIT$$$
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:02:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Business opportunity: I’m going to market “Bronco Recovery Team” shirts to Wrangler owners and “Rubicon Recovery Team” shirts to Bronco owners.

$$$PROFIT$$$
View Quote

Make sure you make plenty of the first in girls sizes.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:02:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I think this will eat jeeps lunch honestly. Competition is good and this thing will certainly drive jeep prices down. Assuming covid/unrest doesn’t completely unravel the country I expect to see a ton of these on the road by the end of 2021.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gonna save this post and laugh in a year
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:07:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Business opportunity: I'm going to market "Bronco Recovery Team" shirts to Wrangler owners and "Rubicon Recovery Team" shirts to Bronco owners.

$$$PROFIT$$$
View Quote

A guy in my Jeep group owns a graphics store. I'm gonna swing by and let him in on this idea. He'll be a millionaire by the end of the month.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:08:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Well... I did order a first year Wrangler JL in 2018. Broke down three weeks later. In the shop over a month.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not just shitposting based on speculation. I really have experienced the constant flow of Ford recall letters.

More than any other brand I've dealt with. I get the sense that they aren't really concerned with getting it right the first time.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:09:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

A guy in my Jeep group owns a graphics store. I'm gonna swing by and let him in on this idea. He'll be a millionaire by the end of the month.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Business opportunity: I'm going to market "Bronco Recovery Team" shirts to Wrangler owners and "Rubicon Recovery Team" shirts to Bronco owners.

$$$PROFIT$$$

Lemme know if he wants any design help.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:11:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing to cry about, there is lots too like about the bronco, ford did their homework. But no solid axle and no mechanical t case linkage are big let downs imo. People want and expect that rugged mechanical durability from Jeep.

Stronger simpler parts are way overhyped? No. How about when your trying to go over a rock stuff a tire into the fender on ifs,  now your front diff Could be dragging the ground since you lose clearance as it articulated, no thanks. And if ifs was so good why didn’t  they use it on the Broncos rear axle too?

It’s ok if you don’t like jeeps, it’s really ok. But some of us do. And some of us actually use them. The bronco is nice, probably going to sell a lot of them too. But that last “5%” they leave in the table is quite a bit in my book.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:13:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$$$PROFIT$$$

I'm not kidding. You're a fucking genius for this one.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:18:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please do
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:19:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
LOL, Ford Fanboys are excited about a redesigned IH Scout.  It looks nothing like a 66 Bronco, but like the 66 Bronco it has shitty IFS that never could compete with Jeep.   At least the original Scout had a front solid axle.
View Quote

LOL Muppets are so blind with rage they just spout inaccurate drivel, HUUUR DUUUURRP
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:35:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Lol

This is awesome
View Quote

I thought so too. So far it is paying off
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:39:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ford and Jeep owners, swinging purses.

But each still owns a Jeep or a Ford.......who wins? lol
View Quote

lol so true
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:41:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

And if one mods [read that as lifts] their ride, a SFA is way easier and cheaper to do right then lifting a IFS. And even if you lift a IFS correctly, the articulation is still far less then one can accomplish [unless you spend a ton of money on some wild system] with a off the shelf SFA lift.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:43:19 AM EDT
[#42]
I won’t sell my Rubicon ( well, maybe I’ll sell it and get the V8 version) but I’ll definitely check out the new Bronco. For now, I’ll just wait and see. Who knows a year from now the Bronco could be plagued with recalls.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:46:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I won’t sell my Rubicon ( well, maybe I’ll sell it and get the V8 version) but I’ll definitely check out the new Bronco. For now, I’ll just wait and see. Who knows a year from now the Bronco could be plagued with recalls.
View Quote

I’ve learned, never get a first model year. Lease it if you have to get one!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:50:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even Toyota can't get 1st year model runs right. [or the second year......] Expecting Ford to do it.....well, sometimes optimism is misplaced.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:55:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Manual transmission ?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:58:00 AM EDT
[#46]
I feel like I'm back in high school reading this thread.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:58:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Manual transmission ?
View Quote
Available with the 4cyl 2.3L only, but yes.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:59:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Long time Jeep owner here - and I say the more the merrier. Choice is always a good thing. Hopefully they sell a ton of 'em, as that will only make Jeeps better. Competition, and all that.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:02:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Knowing Ford, never buy a new platform build... wait until all the recalls, flaws and failures are squeezed out in the next batch.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top