BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:05:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I feel like I'm back in high school reading this thread.
View Quote

If that were the case this thing would have a 5.0L engine option.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:05:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Manual transmission ?
View Quote

7 speed with a crawler gear
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:06:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Solid front axle are way over hyped. The IFS let it do 95% of what the wrangler can do and have a better ride, better off road at speed. 99% of the people who buy vehicles to go off roading don't do any significant rock crawling to the point they are limited by the IFS.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing to cry about, there is lots too like about the bronco, ford did their homework. But no solid axle and no mechanical t case linkage are big let downs imo. People want and expect that rugged mechanical durability from Jeep.

Solid front axle are way over hyped. The IFS let it do 95% of what the wrangler can do and have a better ride, better off road at speed. 99% of the people who buy vehicles to go off roading don't do any significant rock crawling to the point they are limited by the IFS.
Don't forget that the IFS won't result in loss of control and possibly death when you hit an expansion joint on the highway.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:07:01 AM EDT
[#4]

My 98 TJ was a log ot fun,...but UNRELIABLE

My 88 Suzuki was reliable but dinky

I always wanted an original Toyota FJ

At a glace, I think the new Bronco looks wonderful.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:11:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was wondering the same thing. Last I installed beadlocks you didn't have an option, no ring=not holding 1psi lol.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/148098/A3BEBA25-AEEE-4556-B564-9CB30116204F-1503094.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tj owner. Not Crying,  if it had solid axle I would consider a Wildtrak .

Guarantee I will NOT see one where I wheel .

Guarantee I WILL see one when I take my girls to town for Ice Cream .

ETA : What the Hell are " Beadlock Capable Wheels " ?
I was wondering the same thing. Last I installed beadlocks you didn't have an option, no ring=not holding 1psi lol.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/148098/A3BEBA25-AEEE-4556-B564-9CB30116204F-1503094.png

Bead lock capable wheels are being used on Raptors and Jeeps as a way to skirt DOT issues.
You can use them as beadlocks or standard mounted.

Places like discount tire will not touch a beadlocker.

I have them on my JLU.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:20:29 AM EDT
[#6]
What does the OP drive?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:23:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Ain't got nothing on the Rover owners crying room
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:25:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Crying, hell.

I drive a TJ, and am at least interested in a new Bronco. If it’s as Spartan as the pics make it look, I’ll probably get one.
View Quote

My exact thoughts as well and I love my TJ but have always been fond of the Bronco
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No front solid axles no care
View Quote

Omg! My solid front axle! IFS isn’t durable! It’s not tough enough! Can’t handle off road!

... yeah even tractors use ifs now.

https://youtu.be/610l4tP7b1U

King of the hammers trucks do.  Baja trucks do.  IFS is literally arfcom. Get both. The ability to off road decently and a good ride.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep, gonna stick with my Rubicon.
View Quote

Wife likes these better than 4-runner TRD she’s been wanting.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:29:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Im with him. Just another rig on ifs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No front solid axles no care

Im with him. Just another rig on ifs.

This vehicle was built not just for slow crawls but speed on more open terrain. You are not running fast on rough terrain with solid front axles. Death wobble would take you out.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:36:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's complete BS.  The pending merger is with PSA (a French company not Chinese).  Think Peugeot...

Or you could back your fake news up with a real source.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FYI, Chicoms bought a controlling interest in Fiat, and so actually have a controlling interest in FCA.

That's complete BS.  The pending merger is with PSA (a French company not Chinese).  Think Peugeot...

Or you could back your fake news up with a real source.

With Carlos Tavares at the helm (what he's done with PSA is damn near miraculous) - prolly the best thing for FCA since Marchionne.

or GM's continued missteps - but at least this round they didn't hafta pony up $2Bil.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:36:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Omg! My solid front axle! IFS isn’t durable! It’s not tough enough! Can’t handle off road!

King of the hammers trucks do.  Baja trucks do.  IFS is literally arfcom. Get both. The ability to off road decently and a good ride.
View Quote

KOH/Baja/large trucks/military/etc...are highly modified and/or one-off custom designs designed for the specific application.  You can't fairly compare them to a mass-produced production vehicle marketed to soccer moms.  

My last 4 DD's have been 3/4-1 ton trucks with a SFA, and I won't have it any other way.  The strength, simplicity, and the suspension options in the future appeal to me.  

Oh, and well...:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:37:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I've dove into the 4R world and I'm happy.

Main reason for doing so over a Rubicon JKU is the safety is better than the Wrangler.

Front and rear live axles will mean Jeep is King for the future.

That said the options Ford is releasing these with is awesome and should put pressure on others for new updates/models.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Im amazed they are going to offer factory 35's with 4.70 gears. Thats pretty amazing.
View Quote

word is Ford performance OEM lift to come to clear 37's, as if it was anticipated...
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:39:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Stronger simpler parts are way overhyped? No. How about when your trying to go over a rock stuff a tire into the fender on ifs,  now your front diff Could be dragging the ground since you lose clearance as it articulated, no thanks. And if ifs was so good why didn't  they use it on the Broncos rear axle too?

It's ok if you don't like jeeps, it's really ok. But some of us do. And some of us actually use them. The bronco is nice, probably going to sell a lot of them too. But that last "5%" they leave in the table is quite a bit in my book.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing to cry about, there is lots too like about the bronco, ford did their homework. But no solid axle and no mechanical t case linkage are big let downs imo. People want and expect that rugged mechanical durability from Jeep.

Stronger simpler parts are way overhyped? No. How about when your trying to go over a rock stuff a tire into the fender on ifs,  now your front diff Could be dragging the ground since you lose clearance as it articulated, no thanks. And if ifs was so good why didn't  they use it on the Broncos rear axle too?

It's ok if you don't like jeeps, it's really ok. But some of us do. And some of us actually use them. The bronco is nice, probably going to sell a lot of them too. But that last "5%" they leave in the table is quite a bit in my book.

Pretty fair. Even the G-Class has gone IFS now. But there may be a contender soon.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:43:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My bet on production model...

They will neuter it, the off road suspension will be
Lowered, made Highway swerve Super safe, there
Will be a 19 speed auto that Karen doesn’t have to think about availability of manual Will be only on base engine(which will be a 3 cylinder 1.0 eco boost at 130 Hp/torque) or the top top tier which costs 50k, and has leather , satalite radio, onboard cray computer, and 19 rims, neither axel will be solid Or truly locking,  (CAFE).
View Quote

Are you retarded?     That WAS the production models in the release video.  Ford gave the specs and options.  It is official.  This isn't some teaser "concept" vehicle anymore (like the 6.4L Hemi Wrangler that Jeep teased us with...that IS a concept vehicle)
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:45:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Make sure you make plenty of the first in girls sizes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Business opportunity: I’m going to market “Bronco Recovery Team” shirts to Wrangler owners and “Rubicon Recovery Team” shirts to Bronco owners.

$$$PROFIT$$$

Make sure you make plenty of the first in girls sizes.

So true.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:48:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not a jeep owner but still. That thing is a useless piece of shit
View Quote

Explain.  Better approach angles then Wrangler.  Lower crawl ratio.  Front and rear lockers.  Disconnecting sway bar.  35s from the factory. Removable doors and top.  Available 2.7 with 400 ft lbs or 7 speed manual.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm not just shitposting based on speculation. I really have experienced the constant flow of Ford recall letters.

More than any other brand I've dealt with. I get the sense that they aren't really concerned with getting it right the first time.
View Quote

You've never owned a Ram have you?

I had a 2016 Ram 3500 for 2 years.   I think I received a few letters during that time...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I feel like I'm back in high school reading this thread.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:54:15 AM EDT
[#22]

My 02 TJ never had an issue, owned it for 14 years - 160,000 miles or so before I sold it. Always, always lusted after a Toyota FJ though. Passed on pretty decent deal on one when I still owned my TJ- still kick myself, damn!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:54:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Pretty fair. Even the G-Class has gone IFS now. But there may be a contender soon.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14291/7E7C677A-54E9-48F9-A012-5BA07924F4B7_jpe-1503237.JPG

View Quote

That’s the new defender thing right? Looks pretty good to me. Stout rugged vehicle for everything but extreme stuff. I really hope it makes it to the USA and is affordable.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14291/7E7C677A-54E9-48F9-A012-5BA07924F4B7_jpe-1503237.JPG

View Quote

details

@alacrity
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:04:28 AM EDT
[#25]
I'd probably be out less cash in the long run to just SAS the 4R

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:04:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Title says it all, a place for you angry face grill, jeep waving, fiat owners to cry about the new bronco shitting on your beloved mall crawler. Aaaaaaaand go!
View Quote

I don't care for Ford and I don't care for jeep

But quite frankly Op, Ford is not going to put a over 700 horsepower v8 In such a thing

But it looks like Jeep will

@proheromk1
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:04:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Oh those Broncos will take a shit alright. About 40 feet from the dealership.
View Quote

So further than a Jeep?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:06:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Ford made a better wrangler.  It's better than a wrangler in nearly every aspect except (and it's a big one), IFS.

Your move, Jeep.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:14:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Explain.  Better approach angles then Wrangler.  Lower crawl ratio.  Front and rear lockers.  Disconnecting sway bar.  35s from the factory. Removable doors and top.  Available 2.7 with 400 ft lbs or 7 speed manual.
View Quote

Better approach? The bronco has the better break over angle but it also has a slightly shorter wheelbase. And the rubicon only has 33” tires.

Better crawl ratio? Only with the manual trans in the bronco, the jeeps auto gets a better crawl ratio than the bronco auto. Disconnecting sway bar? Welcome to 2007
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:14:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Does it have vinyl seats and floors I can wash out with a garden hose?
View Quote

Yes.  And marine seats with water resistant dash
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:20:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Manual transmission ?
View Quote

not with an engine thats worth a shit.  and everyone is bitching about IFS,  lol.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:20:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
LOL, Ford Fanboys are excited about a redesigned IH Scout.  It looks nothing like a 66 Bronco, but like the 66 Bronco it has shitty IFS that never could compete with Jeep.   At least the original Scout had a front solid axle.
View Quote

Broncos had solid axles until 1980 when they moved to the TTB.  The old Broncos are quite capable and I have seen some really awesome ones.  I don't think you know what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Not me. I'm happy with what I got. Especially for what I paid.

https://i.ibb.co/p2PhCS3/20200409-135022.jpg
View Quote

Looks like a nice Jeep. But I don't get it. You can put a tire up on a rock? The rest of that trail looks like my wifes Mazda CX5 can ride on it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:24:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You've never owned a Ram have you?

I had a 2016 Ram 3500 for 2 years.   I think I received a few letters during that time...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/174533/recall_JPG-1503242.JPG
View Quote

Nissan Titan looks pretty solid there.

They get a bad rap here, but it's a solid truck.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:25:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

KOH/Baja/large trucks/military/etc...are highly modified and/or one-off custom designs designed for the specific application.  You can't fairly compare them to a mass-produced production vehicle marketed to soccer moms.  

My last 4 DD's have been 3/4-1 ton trucks with a SFA, and I won't have it any other way.  The strength, simplicity, and the suspension options in the future appeal to me.  

Oh, and well...:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/174533/Flex_jpg-1503230.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/174533/Flex1_jpg-1503231.JPG

https://www.hotrod.com/uploads/sites/21/2016/04/001-1916-Model-T.jpg?fit=around%7C875:492
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, and well...:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/174533/Flex_jpg-1503230.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/174533/Flex1_jpg-1503231.JPG

https://www.hotrod.com/uploads/sites/21/2016/04/001-1916-Model-T.jpg?fit=around%7C875:492

Wow,  so practical.  Bet its so fun to drive above 35mph.  IFS can be purpose built too-  but usually do more fun things than “flex”.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:25:17 AM EDT
[#36]

@orjeepguy I actually did the same.  Trading my 4runner in I think and keeping my Tacoma.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I think this will eat jeeps lunch honestly. Competition is good and this thing will certainly drive jeep prices down. Assuming covid/unrest doesn’t completely unravel the country I expect to see a ton of these on the road by the end of 2021.
View Quote

Didn’t they say that about the FJ Cruiser?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
REAL Jeep owner checking in. Why are the Mall Crawlers crying this time? It looks like it could be a nice little Susie Soccer Mom mobile.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/476019/IMG_20200404_075642_jpg-1502925.JPG
1982 CJ 7 getting a diesel stuck in it
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/476019/IMG_20200707_141020_jpg-1502927.JPG
1951 M38 that I just brought back from central Iowa

And, just to snub the f*ck out of them, my Avatar was BUILT by Kaiser Jeep in Feb of 1970
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/476019/IMG_20190902_102630_jpg-1502933.JPG
View Quote

LOL, are any of your Jeeps road-worthy?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I like it,  factory 35s with front and rear lockers available on any package is awesome.  Jeep might have to make lockers available on anything other than the rubicon.  Jeep teasing the 426 hemi on a Jeep was a nice touch,  that might be enough for me to buy one.
View Quote

That would be bad ass for sure.  Maybe 70k bud would be awesome.  I do like turbos at altitude though.  Much less power loss, but at the expense of always running premium.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:30:45 AM EDT
[#41]
For the 99% of the people that buy these IFS is more than adequate. Ford built it with disconnectable sway bars. I'm sure the aftermarket will respond with more options later.

I'm impressed Ford is offering 35s from the factory. That's got to hurt gas mileage.

Hopefully 35 inch tires will get more affordable now.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:33:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

details

@alacrity
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

details

@alacrity

EF4LIfe hit it - Ineos Grenadier.

2nd richest guy in UK pissed Defender gets canceled, tries to buy It. Rebuffed harshly (JLR destroys tooling) he rage builds a car company. So it gets tagged new Defender - but it's more Graz than Solihull.  But yea, spiritually, it's the successor.

BMW motives, solid ag/commercial axles from Carraro, good management and eng teams, overall top effort - and it may still suck.

I'm hopeful, but scratch efforts are fraught with peril.  Rage gets shit done tho.

Attachment Attached File

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/New-BMW-Landrover-anyone-/5-2344301/

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:33:41 AM EDT
[#43]
My 1970 Ford sez "Eat me!"  
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:34:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Pretty simple; bead locks are not road legal. Ford sells you a wheel what comes woth a removable faux BL ring that you can replace with a real bead lock. AEV makes similar wheels for jeeps etc now
View Quote

I've heard that too but no one has ever been able to produce any backup showing an actual law so I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
For the 99% of the people that buy these IFS is more than adequate. Ford built it with disconnectable sway bars. I'm sure the aftermarket will respond with more options later.

I'm impressed Ford is offering 35s from the factory. That's got to hurt gas mileage.

Hopefully 35 inch tires will get more affordable now.
View Quote

35s are cheap when you have 15” rims
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Oh those Broncos will take a shit alright. About 40 feet from the dealership.
View Quote
Right next to the broken down jeep. I can't wait for the first Instagram video of the 2 hispter drivers fighting over which POS gets town back to the dealership first.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:37:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
2006 was the last year for Jeep.

At last, all things Bronco!!!
View Quote

You wrote 1986 wrong.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:37:33 AM EDT
[#48]
I like Jeeps and Ram trucks, not quite a fanboy but close.

I'm thrilled at the new Bronco, its a sign and momentum towards production of fun, interesting, and capable vehicles. Anything to fight back against the trend towards boring econoboxes.

I like the Bronco's styling a lot, and also like the drivetrain options. Jeep desperately needs to start slapping turbos on their smaller vehicles that won't fit a V8.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:38:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Stronger simpler parts are way overhyped? No. How about when your trying to go over a rock stuff a tire into the fender on ifs,  now your front diff Could be dragging the ground since you lose clearance as it articulated, no thanks. And if ifs was so good why didn’t  they use it on the Broncos rear axle too?

It’s ok if you don’t like jeeps, it’s really ok. But some of us do. And some of us actually use them. The bronco is nice, probably going to sell a lot of them too. But that last “5%” they leave in the table is quite a bit in my book.
View Quote

IFS has better ground clearance to start with.  Also look at RZRs.  Independent at all 4 corners and more capable than almost anything on the trail.  That's said, I would have taken the solid front if it was an option on the bronco.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

2nd richest guy in UK pissed Defender gets canceled, tries to buy It. Rebuffed harshly (JLR destroys tooling) he rage builds a car company. So it gets tagged new Defender - but it's more Graz than Solihull.  But yea, spiritually, it's the successor.

BMW motives, solid ag/commercial axles from Carraro, good management and eng teams, overall top effort - and it may still suck.

I'm hopeful, but scratch efforts are fraught with peril.  Rage gets shit done tho.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14291/D6ECECF1-0FFF-46DF-85BE-03D6812B1A5A_jpe-1503272.JPG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

details

@alacrity

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14291/D6ECECF1-0FFF-46DF-85BE-03D6812B1A5A_jpe-1503272.JPG

I was hoping it would have to do with comments like this....

With the "more affordable landcruiser" rumors abound just about the only thing that may get me to sell the 4runner earlier than planned is if Toyota can deliver something like a modern FZJ80 but under $50K.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top