BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 54
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Investigations keep the hoipoli entertained while they continue their BS behind the scenes.

Fuck investigations that do nothing and have no teeth. Control the $$ for once to get shit done.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude. You are too emotionally invested in this to be rational about it.  McCarthy already gave the shrills the ability to cast a new vote for speaker if they are not satisfied as the session progresses.  This is nothing more than grand standing by a few and it’s fucking up the abaility of the Republicans to start on investigations and etc.

Investigations keep the hoipoli entertained while they continue their BS behind the scenes.

Fuck investigations that do nothing and have no teeth. Control the $$ for once to get shit done.

I want the names of everyone who spoke or provided information anonymously to the J6 committee. Identify all of them.  Thats a start. But we cant get that because of a few butthurt congresspeople.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
McCarthy should step back and endorse Jordan.
View Quote

Unless one of the Jordan voters announces they will vote for Jefferies if he doesn't stand down, he won't consider it.

Jay
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:12:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What were the demands?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Besides McCarthy being a Rino .. the "freedom caucus" has made untenable demands.

We are watching our republic self destruct in real time.
Narcissists doing narcissist things.

And they are ALL narcissists.
What were the demands?

Partial:
1) At least 72 hours to read a bill before voting on it.
2) Any one person can make a motion to recall the Speaker.
3) In general, more power to Committees to write legislation and appropriations, and less in the Speaker's Office.
4) Committee Chairs decided by Committees, not the Speaker.
5) More discretion in Committee's hand to pursue oversight and investigations.
6) McCarthy (and Leadership) stops meddling in Republican primaries trying to pick winners and losers.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Untenable? Returning to the rules the House operated under for over 100 years until Nancy took over?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Besides McCarthy being a Rino….. the “freedom caucus” has made untenable demands.

Untenable? Returning to the rules the House operated under for over 100 years until Nancy took over?

What specific rules are those ?
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Dude. You are too emotionally invested in this to be rational about it.  McCarthy already gave the shrills the ability to cast a new vote for speaker if they are not satisfied as the session progresses.  This is nothing more than grand standing by a few and it's fucking up the ability of the Republicans to start on investigations and etc. I truly hope McCarthy goes scorched search on these guys - no committee memberships and primary them.
View Quote

You were a big John McCain supporter weren't you
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#6]
It’s like watching a writhing pile of maggots fight over the back strap within the rotting carcass of the diseased cash cow.

Disgusting.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wonder how many votes it will take to elect someone.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
I wonder how many votes it will take to elect someone.

What happens if nobody gets a majority of votes in the House of Representatives to be speaker? What happens if Kevin McCarthy cannot get the 218 votes, does the House go without a speaker?

Richard Dykema
Former Chief of Staff/Legislative Director, et. al. at U.S. House of Representatives (1977–2019)

If nobody gets a majority of those Representatives “present and voting” (which could be slightly less than 218, depending on vacancies, absences and abstentions), then the House of Representatives will vote again, and again, as many times as it takes for a candidate for Speaker to get the required majority. The House of Representatives will not be able to proceed with other business such as adopting the rules (which establish committees, among other things), until a Speaker is elected.

I’d be okay with them never going into session. Can’t fuck America up if we don’t give them the pen.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:16:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Lmao! What a fucking joke. Barely win an election and apparently cannot reconcile the let’s make a deal team and the NFW team.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude. You are too emotionally invested in this to be rational about it.  McCarthy already gave the shrills the ability to cast a new vote for speaker if they are not satisfied as the session progresses.  This is nothing more than grand standing by a few and it's fucking up the ability of the Republicans to start on investigations and etc. I truly hope McCarthy goes scorched search on these guys - no committee memberships and primary them.

Nope. I was solidly against him - even when i lived in Arizona.  First class shitbird.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:18:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. McCarty can bring the party together by stepping aside and nominating Jim Jordan.  

A Republican will win the speakership.  The key word is "win" it is not an entitlement no matter what McCarthy's supports seem to think.  

The Freedom caucus at the very least need to get some public commitments from McCarthy for certain legislative actions, so he can't easily crawfish like Paul Ryan did.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Final count for the 2nd round

McCarthy (R): 203
Jeffries (D): 212
Jordan (R): 19
Others: 0
Present: 0

There is 1 vacancy, so the vote total is 434 as opposed to 435.
No majority won. 3rd round pending.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
McCarthy will get it, he will reach across the isle more often than not.

Republicans will stay home in 2 years, the left will get the house back and more.

View Quote

If he reaches across the ISLE, he'll find only Gilligan, the Skipper, a millionaire and his wife, a movie star, the professor and Marry Ann.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#14]
KM really moved the needle in that round.

I'llfuckingdoitagain.jpg
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#15]
My local man Andy Ogles voted for Jordan second round. I fully support this.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:21:12 PM EDT
[#16]
let it burn.  or we could actually have McCarthy be an adult, put the country first, and let Jordan have it.  Will never happen though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Same amount of Republican votes against McCarthy in the second round.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
let it burn.  or we could actually have McCarthy be an adult, put the country first, and let Jordan have it.  Will never happen though.
View Quote

I'd love Jordan to have it, but he doesn't appear to want it.

He wants to chair the Judiciary Committee, which would be a pretty solid place for him. He can't do that if he's Speaker.

ETA They're gonna have to recess and either Kevin wrangles the votes, or another candidate takes it. They just have to do it before enough RINOs sell their votes to the Dems, who will be making their own promises too.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Swamp would kill McCarthy before they killed Jordan if that happened.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Same amount of Republican votes against McCarthy in the second round.
View Quote

They voted for Jordan. There isnt an option to vote "no" for a person; you just vote for whoever you want.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Would be great, but the establishment isn't going to relinquish power willingly.

Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:26:03 PM EDT
[#22]
This is how 3% of a body can assert some control over the governance of that body.

It is not the Westminster plan. It is not the Weimar plan.

But it works if the large factions do not have a plurality.  And this is how it works.

I'm not seeing a problem.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They voted for Jordan. There isnt an option to vote "no" for a person; you just vote for whoever you want.
View Quote

They can abstain from voting, but that potentially will help the democrats.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:26:59 PM EDT
[#26]
What exactly happened here? There seemed to be a tentative deal worked out, then it fell apart at the last second.

Did they agree on terms, and then McCarthy came at the last minute with the proposed House rules, and it didn't reflect negotiations?

Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#27]
fix is in. dont have to be in congress to be elected speaker.

they will compromise on mooshell obama. gets her exposure so can run on the dem ticket in 2024
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:32:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What exactly happened here? There seemed to be a tentative deal worked out, then it fell apart at the last second.

Did they agree on terms, and then McCarthy came at the last minute with the proposed House rules, and it didn't reflect negotiations?

View Quote

There was never a deal. KM just thought they would fold. This morning, he told them he would punish them if they didn't support him. That worked out well.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This is how 3% of a body can assert some control over the governance of that body.

It is not the Westminster plan. It is not the Weimar plan.

But it works if the large factions do not have a plurality.  And this is how it works.

I'm not seeing a problem.
View Quote

Outstanding statement sir !! Outstanding !!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I truly hope McCarthy goes scorched search on these guys - no committee memberships and primary them.
View Quote

And therein lies the problem... congressmen and senators are elected by the STATES to be THEIR representatives in this grand experiment called a Constitutional REPRESENTATIVE Republic, some folks however seem to feel DC should dictate what states can and cannot do... you are apparently one of that number.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed individuals can change the world. In fact, it's the only thing that ever has.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

A) you can only vote if you're present
B) votes are live, verbal and recorded on TV
View Quote

Pssst... Hughes Amendment!
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:36:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Besides McCarthy being a Rino….. the “freedom caucus” has made untenable demands.

I’m not saying they were bad ideas…. I’m saying that there is NO WAY that McCarthy is going to give up that kind of power. He won’t.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

DJT will not be the president in 2024 or even the republican nominee.

Anyone who can't see that at this point is lying to themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't believe  the made up BS from the mainstream media, those folks are trying all they can to prevent DJT from running for PotUS in 2024. Just take everything in stride.

DJT will not be the president in 2024 or even the republican nominee.

Anyone who can't see that at this point is lying to themselves.

They're also wasting their and others' resources that could be better spent on the better candidate at a later date in '24 - you know around Labor Day and afterwards.   I'm just the messenger.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Feel free to have someone else read our posts and assess.  The only emotional person here is you.  I'm just reporting the facts, so I'm sorry you're so invested in your perspective.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Freedom caucus is fucking this all up. Dems are laughing all the way back into power.

ITT, we reveal those who understand how the vote works, and those who do not.  

This is public theater to leverage McCarthy into being less of a RINO douche.

No it’s not.  It’s nothing more than a temper tantrum by a few self described “ principled conservatives “.

Factually incorrect.  McCarthy has already conceded a bit.

Just calling it something does not make it so.  Sorry.

Dude. You are too emotionally invested in this to be rational about it.  McCarthy already gave the shrills the ability to cast a new vote for speaker if they are not satisfied as the session progresses.  This is nothing more than grand standing by a few and it’s fucking up the ability of the Republicans to start on investigations and etc. I truly hope McCarthy goes scorched search on these guys - no committee memberships and primary them.

Feel free to have someone else read our posts and assess.  The only emotional person here is you.  I'm just reporting the facts, so I'm sorry you're so invested in your perspective.

I’m completely detached from all of this.  Just calling out what i‘m seeing as i observe and analyze it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
fix is in. dont have to be in congress to be elected speaker.

they will compromise on mooshell obama. gets her exposure so can run on the dem ticket in 2024
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

And therein lies the problem... congressmen and senators are elected by the STATES to be THEIR representatives in this grand experiment called a Constitutional REPRESENTATIVE Republic, some folks however seem to feel DC should dictate what states can and cannot do... you are apparently one of that number.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I truly hope McCarthy goes scorched search on these guys - no committee memberships and primary them.

There are politics everywhere - school, sports teams, workplaces , the military - you name it. It’s very Pollyanna to think that a group of people in an environment like that would act like it’s Mayberry and not like its Byzantium.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#38]
I pray this is the purge of the swamp.  Unlikely, but one can hope and pray.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:42:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

There was never a deal. KM just thought they would fold. This morning, he told them he would punish them if they didn't support him. That worked out well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That alone should reflect why he shouldn't be speaker.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
exactly.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My local man Andy Ogles voted for Jordan second round. I fully support this.
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:46:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Real leaders should know when to use the stick, and when to use the carrot. If whats said is true, then it sounds like he prefers the stick on his own side instead of offering carrots and saving the stick for the other side of the aisle
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do they count as "present and voting" for purposes of determining the majority if they vote "present"?
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
There are politics everywhere - school, sports teams, workplaces , the military - you name it. It’s very Pollyanna to think that a group of people in an environment like that would act like it’s Mayberry and not like its Byzantium.
View Quote

Once upon a time some folks met in an ale house... specifically to overcome the problem you seem to feel is okay.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Final count for the 2nd round

McCarthy (R): 203
Jeffries (D): 212
Jordan (R): 19
Others: 0
Present: 0

There is 1 vacancy, so the vote total is 434 as opposed to 435.
No majority won. 3rd round pending.
View Quote

I can make the daily commute. Vote for me!

My platform: "You think I'm a dick now? Just wait."
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Real leaders should know when to use the stick, and when to use the carrot. If whats said is true, then it sounds like he prefers the stick on his own side instead of offering carrots and saving the stick for the other side of the aisle
View Quote

It's the Whip who has that job not the speaker candidate...
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Once upon a time some folks met in an ale house... specifically to overcome the problem you seem to feel is okay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And they quickly divided into the Federalists and the Anti-Federalists.  Yet somehow the Republic was established…..  no charge for the lesson.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
And they quickly divided into the Federalists and the Anti-Federalists.  Yet somehow the Republic was established…..
View Quote

And now we've devolved into the uniparty and you sing its praises (you hope McCarthy goes scorched earth on them) while decrying the rights of those who stand up for the foundational principles they were elected to uphold.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If you voted for an R that is voting for mccarthy, you are part of the problem.
View Quote

List of R's voting for mccarthy to determine guilt?...
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This is the best America can hope for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
just don't elect anyone. congress will never move forward for the session and america wins

This is the best America can hope for.

Agreed, unfortunately...
Page / 54
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top