Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 706
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#1]
If Ziminski was put on the witness stand, and the defense asked him a question like “Did you start any fires on the night of August 25th?"

If he gave any answer other than “I wish to assert my 5th amendment rights,” then that could later be used against him at his arson trial, right?

Or if he said during the current Rittenhouse trial something like “The sky was red during the day of August 25th.”  Then later during his arson trial if he was stupid enough to take the stand and said something like “The sky was blue on August 25th, “ then a good prosecutor would say “During the Rittenhouse trial, you said the sky was red.  Now you are saying it was blue.  Were you lying to us then or are you lying to us now?"

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know how anyone could watch this trial and not hate the ADA.

This guy is so unethical, dishonest, etc. He's literally seeking injustice.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kyle's mother about to appear on Hannity. The witness Hernandez was on Tucker earlier tonight. He was talking about getting harassed already online due to his testimony.
View Quote

The comments posted here from twitter saying she was 'faking it' were apalling.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The technician's workflow [stabilization, levels, enlargement via an unstated method, etc] resulted in a presumably clear image of what was on the sign.  How does that compare to what the sign looks like in real life?
View Quote
That is a big fucking sign based on that picture..
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:06:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Imagine that!  ^^^^^

A hyphenated last name.

That’s a shocker.

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:07:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ladies and Gentlemen!!!

Start your engines!!!!

Prepare to get your blood.........  BOILING!!!!!

https://i.postimg.cc/Kvfp0dkv/256448740-4844127372299277-7422056600198957225-n.png
View Quote
Expel that cunt from Congress for being too stupid even for them.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:07:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:09:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This reminds me of the Brady Bunch episode where Greg kept blowing up a picture he took of a football game, where a completed pass was said to be out of bounds. Remember that one?

They kept enlarging it and enlarging it and, in the finished pic, you could see the fucking blades of grass and every detail of the player's foot! That's how absurd this whole thing is!

And, as unbelievable.
View Quote

@Former11BRAVO Well was he out??
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:12:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Allowing the persecution to add new charges this far into the case when the defense hasn't had any chance to prepare arguments or call witnesses to refute the charges is absolute bullshit.

Of course the judge has allowed the prosecution to get away with everything short of taking a shit on his bench so I can't see him stopping it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

ASU has had an online Bachalor's program for a few years now, since well before the COVID BS.  100% online for multiple majors.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What happened with the Grayslake police & the ballistic vest & AZ university enrollment? Heard it brought up but couldn't watch whole trial or read all of this thread to find out.

I'm guessing Kyle meant University of Phoenix, a well known online school, and mistakenly called it AZ U or U of AZ (don't remember what he said).

ASU has had an online Bachalor's program for a few years now, since well before the COVID BS.  100% online for multiple majors.

Correct. I considered them for my Master's degree but end up staying local
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:12:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What’s worse in this thread? Doomers or “fbi strobe on everyone” posters?
View Quote

The worst are the "he shouldn't have been there" crowd.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:12:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What happened with the Grayslake police & the ballistic vest & AZ university enrollment? Heard it brought up but couldn't watch whole trial or read all of this thread to find out.

I'm guessing Kyle meant University of Phoenix, a well known online school, and mistakenly called it AZ U or U of AZ (don't remember what he said).

AZCENTRAL…

Kyle Rittenhouse, who is on trial for shooting three men, two of whom died, during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, last summer, revealed an Arizona connection on Wednesday during his testimony.

Rittenhouse, 18, said on the stand that he is a college student at Arizona State University studying nursing.

ASU confirmed that Rittenhouse enrolled as a non-degree-seeking online student for the session that started in mid-October of this year.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not an expert, but it should be telling they did not call Ziminski to testify that Kyle pointed an AR15 at him
View Quote

I didn’t follow the pre-trial rulings to know whether there was a reason they couldn’t call them and don’t know Wisconsin’s law on making absent witness arguments, but if it’s permitted if I were Kyle’s lawyers I would be making the argument that the jurors should assume that the reason the State is relying on this blurry picture instead of calling Joshua Ziminski as a witness is because Ziminski’s testimony would not support the prosecution’s theory.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I don’t suppose the defense attorney took a still photograph of the Jump Kick guy and showed it to GG while he was on the witness stand and asked :

1.  Do you know who this person is?

2.  Had you ever talked with this person, before, during, or after Mr. Rittenhouse turned your arm into hamburger?

3.  Had you ever texted with this person or received texts from this person?

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:13:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The technician's workflow [stabilization, levels, enlargement via an unstated method, etc] resulted in a presumably clear image of what was on the sign.  How does that compare to what the sign looks like in real life?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uploading another video. I cannot match this still frame to anything close in the video. This submitted picture shows a pretty clear left handed weaver style stance, and I just don't see it anywhere.

I don't want to say it's a fake doctored photo, but I'm not seeing it in the video.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FD8qOFQXIAUHEF9?format=jpg&name=medium

Uh,

The first unaltered picture sure looks like a random person who could have a black rifle slung across his chest, maybe.  The photoshopped abomination doesn't even show that.  I can't believe that is admissible as any form of evidence.  The defense is going to rip that crap to shreds.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:15:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Man this thread keeps making me want to buy more Cardano though.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
I believe this is it

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:15:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The fact there is any doubt about the case or it even got brought to trial means we're truly fucked.  The state is completely corrupt and out of control.  If they'll do this to a 17 year old kid, imagine what they'll do to you.  They'll do this to anyone.  

If they come back with guilty, God help us.
View Quote

all they are doing with the Rittenhouse and J6 crowd is purely for intimidation for the future.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:16:34 PM EDT
[#23]
So closing arguments are Monday, what is happening tomorrow?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:18:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:18:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think it's just the judge and the lawyers going over motions and the jury instructions.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:18:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ladies and Gentlemen!!!

Start your engines!!!!

https://i.postimg.cc/Kvfp0dkv/256448740-4844127372299277-7422056600198957225-n.png

LOL. She said "He shot and killed 2 people who had assembled to affirm the value, dignity, and worth of black lives".
I guess she hasn't seen the video of the half-pint pedo yelling "shoot me, n*gger" over & over.
I guess she isn't aware that while peaceful protestors were trying to have their message heard, he was undermining their efforts just to burn and break shit.
Does she really think this guy was there to support their cause? Does she really think he did anything but hurt it?
Meanwhile Kyle was providing medical aid to protestors, cleaning obscene graffiti from public buildings, and protecting businesses owned by people of color.

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:18:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attorneys and the judge are working out charges and jury instructions.

ETA:  And I think the Asian food will arrive by then.  They didn’t order enough for all 18 jurors.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:20:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Not Everyone Understands Why Judge Schroeder Is So Mad
Not Everyone Understands Why Judge Schroeder Is So Mad

ETA: May have posted this earlier.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:21:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

<---expired Red Cross CPR/AED Basic First Aid Instructor....I keep med bags around. It's easier in an emergency situation to say "EMT" or "medic" than all that other stuff.
View Quote

American Heart Association Heart Saver/AED, First Aid Practitioner on scene
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:21:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

So is the mob. They're begging to have basic human rights stripped away to affirm a false political narrative.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:22:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I am not saying Kyle was a soldier, but look how many times one would looking through an optic at noises
or movements. As a hunter I would do that often. It is no different than looking through mirrors when you
are driving. It is a non issue for those that have the ability to be rational/logical
View Quote
which is exactly how people get shot by other hunters, never look thru the scope until you are ready to fire, use your fucking binos
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:22:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ladies and Gentlemen!!!

Start your engines!!!!

After he's acquitted, he should sue her for libel.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:22:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Will the closing arguments be held tomorrow?
View Quote

Monday morning they have an hour of jury instruction then each side gets 2.5 hours of closing much to the judge's displeasure.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That would also explain why the Photog received visits from the FBI and the ATF at both his home and at work.

The Feds want to know if the Photog’s pics happen to capture any people, especially the never identified Jump Kick guy, wearing infrared strobes.

View Quote

Antifa use Software Defined Radio on battery powered raspberry pi sbc’s. Probably linked right into their handlers, whoever they are *cough*.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm failing to understand how the supposed video of pointing with the rifle earlier has any impact on the self defense determination.

WI 939.48

(2) Provocation affects the privilege of self-defense as follows:
(a) A person who engages in unlawful conduct of a type likely to provoke others to attack him or her and thereby does provoke an attack is not entitled to claim the privilege of self-defense against such attack, except when the attack which ensues is of a type causing the person engaging in the unlawful conduct to reasonably believe that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm. In such a case, the person engaging in the unlawful conduct is privileged to act in self-defense, but the person is not privileged to resort to the use of force intended or likely to cause death to the person's assailant unless the person reasonably believes he or she has exhausted every other reasonable means to escape from or otherwise avoid death or great bodily harm at the hands of his or her assailant.
(b) The privilege lost by provocation may be regained if the actor in good faith withdraws from the fight and gives adequate notice thereof to his or her assailant.
(c) A person who provokes an attack, whether by lawful or unlawful conduct, with intent to use such an attack as an excuse to cause death or great bodily harm to his or her assailant is not entitled to claim the privilege of self-defense.

If provoking, he would not be entitled to claim self defense - at that time - per part 'a'.

But part 'b' says he can regain that privilege by withdrawing / retreating - which he clearly did.

Does part 'c' negate part 'b'? I don't know, but I think its moot. Why? The prosecution has absolutely nothing that shows a shred of intent on Kyle's part that his objective was to cause harm, let alone being able to conclusively prove it.
View Quote

I had the same question. I believe they said he can't claim self defense if he started it. Or maybe it damages his self defense if he started it. But that's what's going on.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hell, even the judge said so himself.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:26:32 PM EDT
[#39]
I made the mistake of reading the MSNBC article on Kyle’s testimony.  I typically stay off of the propaganda sites but was curious how things were being portrayed.

They are actively attempting to incite violence.   It’s utterly mind boggling the complete disconnect with reality.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:26:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Antifa use Software Defined Radio on battery powered raspberry pi sbc’s. Probably linked right into their handlers, whoever they are *cough*.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would also explain why the Photog received visits from the FBI and the ATF at both his home and at work.

The Feds want to know if the Photog’s pics happen to capture any people, especially the never identified Jump Kick guy, wearing infrared strobes.

Interesting. Got a link discussing that? That would take decently significant coordination.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:27:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Allowing the persecution to add new charges this far into the case when the defense hasn't had any chance to prepare arguments or call witnesses to refute the charges is absolute bullshit.

Of course the judge has allowed the prosecution to get away with everything short of taking a shit on his bench so I can't see him stopping it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think the judge has been pretty good so far but yeah I agree it is bullshit to introduce new charges late in the game.  Didn’t a lawyer here post that that’s pretty normal though. Especially when the DA thinks he’s going to lose the case.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:27:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
He's gonna need personal security for at least a decade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

some kinda gun charge time served probation can't have guns...that's my optimistic guess
He's gonna need personal security for at least a decade.
Three people have gone after him already. Two are in the dirt and one spanks it with his off-hand for life. They might run out of commies if they keep going after Kyle.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:27:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:28:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

<---expired Red Cross CPR/AED Basic First Aid Instructor....I keep med bags around. It's easier in an emergency situation to say "EMT" or "medic" than all that other stuff.
View Quote

No kidding. In a sane world that would be obvious.

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:28:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I made the mistake of reading the MSNBC article on Kyle’s testimony.  I typically stay off of the propaganda sites but was curious how things were being portrayed.

They are actively attempting to incite violence.   It’s utterly mind boggling the complete disconnect with reality.
View Quote

They don't benefit from a quiet acquittal and people walking away from the story. To boot, they probably see this as their big chance to get the message off of the President's incompetence for a minute.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:28:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Imagine that!  ^^^^^

A hyphenated last name.

That’s a shocker.

View Quote

Dude, if you hit “Quote” instead of “Reply”, your responses will make more sense if they aren’t directly under the post you are referencing.

Edited for clarity
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

A free American citizen has a right to be anywhere they want to be on a public right of way.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:28:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Every single image zoom methodology is adding pixels. All of them. There are no exceptions.

If you count the pixels in this text and then zoom in, you will find there are, in fact, more pixels. Where did they come from?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
wtf not all cases do you "add pixels" when expanding - it all depends on the resolution of the base picture compared to the resolution of the display device.
wtf is wrong, they should be able to get this idiot tossed immediately for missing this glaring detail

Every single image zoom methodology is adding pixels. All of them. There are no exceptions.

If you count the pixels in this text and then zoom in, you will find there are, in fact, more pixels. Where did they come from?

Typical courtroom enlargements are made so the jury can see the image from afar.  Not so the state can argue that estimated data based on originally compressed data that threw out full values for the sake of file size constitutes proof beyond reasonable doubt over someone's countenance and demeanor.

Think about the pedantic questioning that followed Huber's aunt submitting the photo of her nephew:
State's Attorney: Is this a true and accurate image of Mr Huber?

Let's remember ... this all started with the state's witness saying that he was viewing this on his iPhone and he zoomed in on the video to see what Kyle was doing.
His iPhone most likely already had a screen resolution that was greater than the native resolution of the drone video.

So, he's zooming in on something the evidence tech had already stabilized and did a 200%+ enlargement on?  And he is making a judgement based on that?

The defense will get to address this in closing, if they choose.  Though, it would have been more powerful to have the detective pull out his phone and demonstrate how he did this.  

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are right, however when you zoom and don’t change pixel colors you get a square of pixels that are the same color as the original pixel. The enhancement algorithms try to adjust to maintain original lines or edge of colors.

The problem with the analysts work is he did not show multiple types of enhancements to see if you get similar results. The other issue is enhancement does not clearly show what is being enhanced is at Kyle or something else in front or behind.

The whole we saw from way down the street he pointed a gun at someone is bullshit. He could have been lifting the rifle to adjust his sling or any other reason to hold the rifle up. There is no close good evidence and they are grasping on interpolation of pixels. All while there is obvious evidence the perv was willing to provoke arm groups of people.
Page / 706
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top