Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Support your local independent game store, or Gamestop if you don’t have one.

Link Posted: 5/14/2023 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Dear freaking lord, I started the Zora main quest with 5 hearts. Most of the enemies 1-2 shot me. It’s back to doing shrines for a while.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I’ve completed every single thing in BoTW except beating calamity Gannon.  I just couldn’t bring myself to close the game.

I’m going to pick this one up next week so I can play it on vacation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tis a bitter sweet day. Put all my BOTW stuff (including my WiiU) away.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394169/IMG_8495_jpeg-2813885.JPG

I’ve completed every single thing in BoTW except beating calamity Gannon.  I just couldn’t bring myself to close the game.

I’m going to pick this one up next week so I can play it on vacation.

You can defeat him and then go back to a point before you heated him and do whatever.

Beating Canon doesn’t end the game.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I think my family is still only about 3 hours into BoTW.  We get distracted easily.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#5]

It's like the BOTW developers were given free reign to do whatever they wanted. So they added skydiving, spelunking, pirate fleets, and the ability to create mechas and killdozers.  

13.7/10

Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:25:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's like the BOTW developers were given free reign to do whatever they wanted. So they added skydiving, spelunking, pirate fleets, and the ability to create mechas and killdozers.  

13.7/10

View Quote

Here I am trying to figure out how to make a hovercraft from a glider and some parts, and the internet makes this…

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#7]
The last Zelda game I played was on the Wii. I forget what it was called.

Picked this up last night and started playing it. I’m a bit overwhelmed. I’m still on the starting sky section. Are there any cool armors or weapons to pickup in the starting area. I’m spending a lot of time just wandering around trying to find stuff of interest. I don’t want to rush through in case I miss anything cool.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Picked this up last night and started playing it. I’m a bit overwhelmed. I’m still on the starting sky section. Are there any cool armors or weapons to pickup in the starting area. I’m spending a lot of time just wandering around trying to find stuff of interest. I don’t want to rush through in case I miss anything cool.
View Quote

They say you don’t “have” to play BOTW first, but it definitely gives you a better foundation to utilize and appreciate the new features in TOTK.  There’s a lot of backstory as well.  Would highly recommend playing BOTW first.  

On a side note…
BOTW was great, but TOTK has made so many enhancements, it would be hard to go back.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Honestly I'd recommend you play botw first. Botw was really great but totk is excellent. Both are the same idea fundamentally and play similarly but the tools you are given are different. Totk is much more evolved but the story and feeling of BotW was different. In TotK a lot of people know you and the characters are familiar with you (with Link, rather). In BotW you had been sealed away in a shrine for a hundred years after nearly dying so your body could be repaired and you're just a hero of legend along with the others who presumably died in the calamity. The shifting vibe is cool.

It would be hard to go back to botw after totk but you're almost cheating yourself out of the botw experience. If nothing else, the world is the same and totk takes place a couple years after botw- its very cool to see how Hyrule is "picking up the pieces".

Don't worry about missing anything on thr starter island. You can come back whenever you want.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 12:54:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They say you don’t “have” to play BOTW first, but it definitely gives you a better foundation to utilize and appreciate the new features in TOTK.  There’s a lot of backstory as well.  Would highly recommend playing BOTW first.  

On a side note…
BOTW was great, but TOTK has made so many enhancements, it would be hard to go back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On a side note…

I thought about picking it up but I’ve got a short attention span. I still haven’t beaten Pokémon Arceus or Pokémon Scarlet & Red, Octopath Traveler 1 or 2. So I’d never beat BOTW. Even though I was kind of confused about the Calamity conversation earlier in the game.

I never beat Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 4 or Skyrim either on PC either despite having hundreds of hours into them.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:00:55 PM EDT
[#11]
My horses from BOTW transferred over to TOTK.

Cool touch there.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are some cold weather pants right after you do the shrine that let’s you go thru solid objects above you…use the ability at the tree you see after you exit the shrine..it’s in a chest
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:10:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I am so fucking overwhelmed lol.

At this point I'm just exploring, unlocking all the towers, and trying to find as many shrines as possible.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

At this point I'm just exploring, unlocking all the towers, and trying to find as many shrines as possible.
View Quote

It really is nuts the feeling of just wanting to explore.

Again, while many games just focus on wowza graphics, this game pulls off the feelings of engagement/exploration with a lot less on almost over half a decade hardware.

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Keep at. It'll click.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Ordered an OLED and TOTK last night. Patiently awaiting delivery....
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I never beat Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 4 or Skyrim either on PC either despite having hundreds of hours into them.
View Quote

I too know this feeling...  Something about having ultimate freedom and being sad to have the story end keeps me from wanting to finish games like this.  
I was like 200 hours into Skyrim without even touching the main questline besides the required intro areas.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 5:27:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I too know this feeling...  Something about having ultimate freedom and being sad to have the story end keeps me from wanting to finish games like this.  
I was like 200 hours into Skyrim without even touching the main questline besides the required intro areas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a round 600 hours into Skyrim, got real close to finishing it but never committed. Same with Fallout 4.

So I want to get a bunch of Amiibo cards for Zelda, what ones to buy?
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. The Gloom underworld is f’ing huge. Hearts are mo bettah.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Came up against my first set of gloom hands this afternoon with only five hearts. I was like, “What the fuck is that? Oh I’m dead.”
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Came up against my first set of gloom hands this afternoon with only five hearts. I was like, “What the fuck is that? Oh I’m dead.”
View Quote

That happened last night for me, I started running and they turned into stuff that chased and killed me. Wtf
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:33:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:34:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Fantastic interactive map for finding stuff

https://www.zeldadungeon.net/tears-of-the-kingdom-interactive-map
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:57:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Digital or physical when buying the game(s)?
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:07:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Always physical.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:09:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Tag. Might try to rent it somehow. Single player games aren't worth $60-$70 in my opinion

BOTW was amazing
View Quote

I know it's just your opinion, but how do you figure?

Some single player games can take 100+ hours to complete. You liked BOTW and that takes 40-50 hours just to get through the main stuff, sometimes well over 200 to get 100%.

Sure I wish games were cheaper (I wish everything was cheaper) but $70 for 50-100+ HOURS of entertainment is a bargain.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 7:53:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Fantastic interactive map for finding stuff

https://www.zeldadungeon.net/tears-of-the-kingdom-interactive-map
View Quote

Thank you! The maps are frickin’ huge and a bit overwhelming.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like physical.   Sure you can possibly lose it, but you don't need internet connection any you can sell it later if you want to.

Can't sell digital copies.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Easy duplication glitch that is sure to get patched ASAP.

How to Duplicate Weapons, Shields, & Bows (V1.0 - V1.1.1 ONLY) in Tears of the Kingdom

Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im64NgGSQd4
View Quote

This is a game I won’t cheat/walkthrough unless I’m absolutely stuck. Most of the fun is exploring and discovering.

I do use the map posted above to find koroks though after searching the area myself. Finding those guys is so cute and so damn rewarding.

find as many of those guys as you can.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Not available on the wii U im guessing?
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:04:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I went digital. I know I’m never going to sell it and always having it on system is handy.

Also the gliding armor set is mondo helpful.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:08:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Lol every company on that list provides fake ratings that are bought and paid for
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yup. They're cheaper with inflation in mind than they were +20 years ago.

Super Mario 64 and other major titles were $59 back then. They'd be over $100 today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tag. Might try to rent it somehow. Single player games aren't worth $60-$70 in my opinion

BOTW was amazing

If you do the math on the hours of gameplay compared to the cost, you come out way ahead compared to something like going to a movie.

I think it's amazing that games haven't really increased much in price in the last 10 years or so.
Yup. They're cheaper with inflation in mind than they were +20 years ago.

Super Mario 64 and other major titles were $59 back then. They'd be over $100 today.

Some N64 titles were up to $85 at launch.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Can't wait to give this to my kid for his birthday. He absolutely destroyed BOTW and he's only 7!
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Not available on the wii U im guessing?
View Quote

If you have a Wii U get Zelda the wind waker (remake) if you’re a Zelda fan. It’s deep, long and tons of fun.

Heck, get it if you’re not a Zelda fan. 100s of hours.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:35:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Can't wait to give this to my kid for his birthday. He absolutely destroyed BOTW and he's only 7!
View Quote

That’s impressive. Some of the puzzles/beasts/battle were very difficult.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If you have a Wii U get Zelda the wind waker (remake) if you’re a Zelda fan. It’s deep, long and tons of fun.

View Quote

Wind waker was excellent. I probably 100%ed that game.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It you enjoyed that then getting a switch and BotW is worth the price of the console alone. Finish that, then get the new tears of kingdom.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It you enjoyed that then getting a switch and BotW is worth the price of the console alone. Finish that, then get the new tears of kingdom.
View Quote

I have BotW on the wii. It was awesome.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well then ToK is worth the price of a switch. I play on big screen with the hand held controller.

Playing on little switch screen and controls just doesn’t do it justice. Especially the sound.

Sorry for the hijack. But if you liked those 2, then a switch and the game are worth it. 100s of hours.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#43]
I keep telling myself I won't cheat but then get stuck on a shine for 30 minutes and have to research ridiculous solutions like purposely getting hit by lasers
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:05:23 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Peak emergent gameplay.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I keep telling myself I won't cheat but then get stuck on a shine for 30 minutes and have to research ridiculous solutions like purposely getting hit by lasers
View Quote

If I spend more than 2 hours in a shrine, then yeah I’m cheating.

I hate to do it.  But time to move on.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:10:59 PM EDT
[#46]
If you're a grown up watching a youtube playthrough of a puzzle or whatever isn't cheating. It's just getting through the game.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Tis a bitter sweet day. Put all my BOTW stuff (including my WiiU) away.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394169/IMG_8495_jpeg-2813885.JPG
View Quote

RIGHT IN THE FEELZ.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im64NgGSQd4
View Quote

I'm still using wooden shields and tree branches for weapons. By the time I get out of the clouds this will be patched out.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've listened to experts in the game industry say it is perfectly ethical to cheat when your stuck in an area. Games are supposed to be fun.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 7:04:12 PM EDT
[#50]
My son got it yesterday & loves it.

I just got an high definition tv in my office for meetings & the kid plugged his switch into it and wont leave my office.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top