Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 28
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 9:59:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
GD is gonna GD, don't care who you are or where you live!

Being from CA, I just laugh when the ant burners get started.

You've always had to have thick skin here, don't take it personally and move on.

When the next disaster hits somewhere, it'll start all over again. Don't ask for more rules here, you'll just be pissed when you catch a ban for violating them.
View Quote

I got a PM from a mod and my post edited when I didn’t give a shit about some police dogs dying.  I know people like their dogs and I was being a dick about it but it’s still amusing that it warranted an edit and a message and some guys in this thread are basically like “fuck those dead people.”

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:00:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Such a terrible loss. My wife and I are in a multi-year process of moving to Kailua on Oahu.  We both grew up on Oahu, so Hawaii is where both think of as home.  My family used to vacation in Lahaina.  I can still sing the silly Lahaina Centipede song all these years later.  I remember a hole in the wall Italian joint where we ate every trip.  

I’m glad to see @brodoggie here. Any other Maui members we should be looking for?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:02:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow, some of you really need to think before you post.  

The first reply ITT.   WTF is wrong with you.  A lot of people died, probably some kids.    
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Did the fire start yesterday? The damage is unbelievable since the first post. I pray most people got out of harms way.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Geezus, that's horrible.
Was there two yrs ago, it was a beautiful area.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:06:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You've always had to have thick skin here, don't take it personally and move on.

When the next disaster hits somewhere, it'll start all over again. Don't ask for more rules here, you'll just be pissed when you catch a ban for violating them.
View Quote
Correct. No more rules. Just enforce the ones you have. Thank you mods, it appears a clean up crew came in and spread a little love.
Fucktards are going to fucktard until you punch them in the mouth. If you don't call them out on their shit, they wont stop.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Reminds me of as a kid reading in history books about whole cities burning down and thinking that was something that only happened in the olden days.  It's not!
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:09:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone know if the famous smokestack and small locomotive were in the burnt area?

The town was pretty proud they had saved them from demolition.

Haven't seen any pictures showing that way. It's only a few blocks away from the port.

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:09:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What's driving Maui's devastating fires, and how climate change is fueling those conditions

https://apnews.com/article/hawaii-wildfires-climate-change-92c0930be7c28ec9ac71392a83c87582

They can't help themselves.
Never let a crisis...
View Quote

Of course they won’t mention the history of agriculture o. That side of the island, Lahaina was surrounded by sugar cane crops that were irrigated, they replaced natural brush to grow the crops and when they stopped growing the crops they didn’t manage the land and just let grass grow wild.
Major fire hazard and it hit Lahaina hard, if the sugar Cain was still growing this probbably would not have happened.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:10:47 AM EDT
[#11]
My wife was living on the Big Island when we met, so I've spent a lot of time there, and we did makes trips to Maui and took our honeymoon there.  So crazy to see these pictures.  So awful.

The rebuild is going to be something, but I wonder what the hell will happen until then and how many people need shelter.  I'm sure the big military presence in Hawaii will be super helpful in the near-term.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Were those vehicles trying to evac?
View Quote

Yup, front st ends about 3 miles down, fire reached the coast around 4 miles down that road. They ended up in a traffic jam trying to flee the area and they all had to likely bail into the ocean to flee the fire

That pic is taken in front of the old Hard Rock Cafe, not sure what it’s called now, that’s about the center of the area of destruction, a flat out bad place to be at the time it happened.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Damn that is some terrible, scary stuff.  My sympathies and prayers for those affected.  

With the far left pushing their agenda into overdrive, I am extremely suspicious of all wildfires now.  I believe they are being intentionally started to push the climate change agenda.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:14:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's telling I hear all this yapping about how long you have or haven't lived in a particular spot but not a single fucking rebuttal for the asinine land and property rights policies of the island that have contributed to the aftermath of the disaster.  When someone appeals to authority you know they have a weak case.  The boneheads in charge of the island yapped on and on about muh neigborhood "character" and the dangers of airbnb properties all so they could fuck their residents into not having the housing they needed in this disaster.  Again the residents deserve all the help they can get, but any rebuilding of government and public facilities should be contingent on the restoring of property rights and constitutional rights instead of using the public institutions for evil as has been done in Maui.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully the membership will not be renewed for the leadership of Maui either.  Those dumbasses placed all kind of restrictions on short term rentals that paid for ADUs.  Now the dumbasses are begging for people to open up their rental and ADU properties to shelter the dispossessed, after they went out of their way to make it hell for people to have such accommodations in the first place.  It is very low IQ thinking to hamstring the housing you need to provide for your people during catastrophe, but the imbeciles in their government managed to do it.  "Must preserve the character of muh community, regulate the airbnbs!  Wait wait nevermind all our shit burned down, open up the rentals that we tried to fuck you over on!"  Fucking clowns should refund all the permitting and taxing fees they extorted out of the locals and apologize.

Hopefully this is a lesson to places with wildfire issues in general.  The sorry ass "character" of your community doesn't mean dick if your residents have nowhere to go when half the county burns down.  Y'all were so busy fucking over your fellow man you forgot him having an extra rental property on the side meant the senior citizen who's house was engulfed in flames may have a roof to sleep under and doesn't just mean you have to suffer the intolerable effect of gasp some haole taking a rest in your neighbor's ADU.

Just how long have you been living here in Hawaii?

It's telling I hear all this yapping about how long you have or haven't lived in a particular spot but not a single fucking rebuttal for the asinine land and property rights policies of the island that have contributed to the aftermath of the disaster.  When someone appeals to authority you know they have a weak case.  The boneheads in charge of the island yapped on and on about muh neigborhood "character" and the dangers of airbnb properties all so they could fuck their residents into not having the housing they needed in this disaster.  Again the residents deserve all the help they can get, but any rebuilding of government and public facilities should be contingent on the restoring of property rights and constitutional rights instead of using the public institutions for evil as has been done in Maui.

Meh.... I live in a resort town. Short term rentals are the bane of our existence. A bunch of people who cannot truly afford second homes have gone and made a business of them. I'm a capitalist and have owned several businesses and rentals, but I cannot come up with a solution short of taxing the hell out of and restricting permits for STR's. In order for there to be a functioning town here we need locals and affordable housing. Sadly tourists bring very little to our table outside of an infusion of cash. A ton of them have little respect for the place they are visiting and leave this place trashed. This is a widespread problem for tourist destinations. Try living in one of these places before getting back onto your high horse.

Terrible seeing the pics of Lahaina. Hawaii has never been my jam, but it's a terrifying reminder of the power of fire. We've had our own scares the past few years. It's terrible thinking you may lose everything you have worked for.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:15:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Anyone know if the famous smokestack and small locomotive were in the burnt area?

Haven't seen any pictures showing that way. It's only a few blocks away from the port.

https://i.imgur.com/d6dRHnk.jpg
View Quote

In the first flyover video posted on page 5, you can see that smoke stack still standing in the sea of rubble
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:15:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Damn that is some terrible, scary stuff.  My sympathies and prayers for those affected.  

With the far left pushing their agenda into overdrive, I am extremely suspicious of all wildfires now.  I believe they are being intentionally started to push the climate change agenda.
View Quote

C'mon man. Is it that hard to believe fire start when the globe is experiencing its hottest summer in recorded history?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:15:49 AM EDT
[#18]
The real "cause" of these huge fires is poor land management.   Every time, every State Red or Blue.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:16:35 AM EDT
[#19]
We had our honeymoon on Maui. We stayed in Kaanapali, but were in Lahaina every night for a week. This is sad news.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:29:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Wildfires on the Big Island as well.

There's apparently a wildfire near where we are moving in a few years.  Because we own the land, we are on the mailing list for the community, and there were some panicked emails yesterday.  The fire jumped across the highway, which freaked out a lot of people.  Apparently a building was lost further south, and in the community across the street a roof caught fire - but the house was saved.
View Quote

Not trying to derail thread, but do you sort of wish it had burned over since it's empty? No idea of the trees / plants there but a good clean burn depending on your time line might be a thing to start afresh with.

My brother had a lot in CA they were wanting to build on that got burned over to ashes and solved his permitting issues about disturbing "plant life". He also figured he was good to go for years until he'd have to worry about fire again.

ETA: Terrible loss of life, I've been burned out before and the loss of possession while it can be a pain, the loss of life is irreplaceable.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#21]
A friend of mine here in Michigan just heard from his daughter that she and her neighbors were okay, not so sure about their houses.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:30:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/d6dRHnk.jpg
View Quote

Go back to pg 6 the before and after pics, looks to be still standing but everything around it is gone.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

C'mon man. Is it that hard to believe fire start when the globe is experiencing its hottest summer in recorded history?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, the hottest summer in the couple hundred years of accurately recorded temps across the billions of years of actual geological history.

Or are you saying right now is the literal hottest the earth has ever been since it was created?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Native Hawaiians are literally the most racist people I’ve ever heard of in my life. My brothers 13 year old daughter
went to school on the big island, and all of the Hawaiian girls teased her as being white and ugly and too skinny.   Not a joke.

View Quote

A friend of mine is a hot Hawaiian girl in the islands. Smoking body, but gets teased for not being a big boned Polynesian type. They like them fat there.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yup. It would be interesting to see the response from this board if 9/11 would have happened today. I bet you'd get a lot of the same responses we've seen in this thread.  FFS there's even a guy from NY, of all fucking places, happy about it because Hawai'i is a blue state.
View Quote

NYC can burn for all I care.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The first reply was posted in response to a news article that, at the time, stated there was no loss of life.  Things have obviously gotten worse since then, but we aren't issuing a warning to someone over future crime.
View Quote

No worries bro, I’m sure arf won’t make national news over our ZFG posts.

I do feel bad for our members directly affected by this fire having to put up with that. Hell I feel bad for anyone affected.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:08:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

A friend of mine is a hot Hawaiian girl in the islands. Smoking body, but gets teased for not being a big boned Polynesian type. They like them fat there.
View Quote

My wife is native Hawaiian and ALL of her friends and family tell her she is too skinny whenever they see her. Diabetes is a way of life there.

ETA: they also make fun of her for not using pidgin to talk.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. It would be interesting to see the response from this board if 9/11 would have happened today. I bet you'd get a lot of the same responses we've seen in this thread.  FFS there's even a guy from NY, of all fucking places, happy about it because Hawai'i is a blue state.

I can't imagine how impotent you must feel about your current situation, when all you can do is say angry, frustrated things on the internet. When I was a small child, I liked it when people took notice of my tantrums too. Feels good, right?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:10:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
This!

Anonymity gives people tourettes and they say dumb shit.  Part of it is being a douche, but a part of it is also simply being angry at clown world and lashing out without thinking.

There is no need to deploy upworthy grade cancel culture and end up with a fake bubble.

Remember that 500+ of our fellow countrymen were killed by Tornadoes in 2011.  There were plenty of comments like: "Yer dum fo living their!"
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Man, that's horrible.

Old town Lahaina was a cool little place with some neat history.

Visited there a million years ago and stayed at the Westin. Went to the Hardrock, Cheeseburgers in Paradise, a place called Kimo's, a pretty nice French restaurant, and got breakfast a few times at a place in the old town that put coconut syrup on the pancakes and waffles.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:20:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Terrible what is happening.

On another note. Threads like this always do a good job of reinforcing the fact that half the gun owners and supposed “like minded people” here are in fact trash humans.

Half of you are scumbags. Right up there with the Bidens.
View Quote

I would bet most are not gun owners, just trolls.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:27:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Noticeably absent in all the pics and videos I've seen is a single fire truck, flashing set of lights, fireman, policeman or anything of the sort. Just a reminder that when tragedy strikes, you're on your own.
View Quote

They cant do a thing in a firestorm. I have a friend who is a Lafayette CO fire Captain- the only thing they could do in the Marshall fire was protect life, you have no chance fighting the active fire in those conditions.

RIP to those lost, Godspeed and healing to those injured and sincerest thoughts are with those affected by this incident. Material things can be replaced.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't know about referring to her as "hot" and "smoking" given the subject of this thread.

Am willing to accept pics to make up for this faux pas.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Meh.... I live in a resort town. Short term rentals are the bane of our existence. A bunch of people who cannot truly afford second homes have gone and made a business of them. I'm a capitalist and have owned several businesses and rentals, but I cannot come up with a solution short of taxing the hell out of and restricting permits for STR's. In order for there to be a functioning town here we need locals and affordable housing. Sadly tourists bring very little to our table outside of an infusion of cash. A ton of them have little respect for the place they are visiting and leave this place trashed. This is a widespread problem for tourist destinations. Try living in one of these places before getting back onto your high horse.

Terrible seeing the pics of Lahaina. Hawaii has never been my jam, but it's a terrifying reminder of the power of fire. We've had our own scares the past few years. It's terrible thinking you may lose everything you have worked for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully the membership will not be renewed for the leadership of Maui either.  Those dumbasses placed all kind of restrictions on short term rentals that paid for ADUs.  Now the dumbasses are begging for people to open up their rental and ADU properties to shelter the dispossessed, after they went out of their way to make it hell for people to have such accommodations in the first place.  It is very low IQ thinking to hamstring the housing you need to provide for your people during catastrophe, but the imbeciles in their government managed to do it.  "Must preserve the character of muh community, regulate the airbnbs!  Wait wait nevermind all our shit burned down, open up the rentals that we tried to fuck you over on!"  Fucking clowns should refund all the permitting and taxing fees they extorted out of the locals and apologize.

Hopefully this is a lesson to places with wildfire issues in general.  The sorry ass "character" of your community doesn't mean dick if your residents have nowhere to go when half the county burns down.  Y'all were so busy fucking over your fellow man you forgot him having an extra rental property on the side meant the senior citizen who's house was engulfed in flames may have a roof to sleep under and doesn't just mean you have to suffer the intolerable effect of gasp some haole taking a rest in your neighbor's ADU.

Just how long have you been living here in Hawaii?

Getting on a high horse nowadays is believing those affected by disaster ought not be left without housing due to idiotic policies.  The people actually on their high horse is the people restricting STRs and thus destroying the backup housing of people affected by wildfires.  Without STRs the funding for this backup housing simply doesn't even exist; FEMA ain't gonna go around buying a bunch of aunties ADUs.

Maui government knew about the 1919 Lahaina fire.  They knew about the previous wildfires.  They knew by "preserving the character" of the community and fucking over their resident landowners they would mean fucking over their residents in the next disaster.  They were so busy fucking over everyone, they didn't care.  To see them begging these STR owners to help out now is needed, but with any examination of the backstory you can see they played a cruel and sick joke on their constituents.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The people in this thread cheering this on are beyond crass. Dozens of people dead, Americans burned alive, generational homes gone, and the heart of Hawaiian culture destroyed and all you have to say is, "hurr durr blue state fuck 'em".

Today you, tomorrow me.
View Quote
I have literally never agreed with you about anything that I can recall, but this thing I agree with.  100%

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:50:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:52:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The real "cause" of these huge fires is poor land management.   Every time, every State Red or Blue.
View Quote

Short of turning everything into an asphalt parking lot, there's sometimes very little that can be done to keep these things from blowing up when conditions are right.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

My wife is native Hawaiian and ALL of her friends and family tell her she is too skinny whenever they see her. Diabetes is a way of life there.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The absolute most gorgeous woman I ever saw was of Hawaiian heritage. She was stunning. Beautiful face, awesome figure.

After she got married, she fulfilled her ancestry and gained quite a bit of weight. Still had a beautiful face though, so I guess she still got that going on.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:58:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This.  There are large blazes in Kula and Kihei going on right now.  I'm currently on the island of Kahoolawe and we can smell the smoke from here.  The winds have come down a lot since yesterday but it is still breezy with strong gusts.
View Quote

I hope you and yours stay safe man, ignore the haters.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:02:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I am going with the lady on the ground was DOA.

There is no way I am judging their action or inactions.  It is a fight or flight type situation where you are looking your own death right in the eyes.   We can sit here and say what if what if all day long.  
View Quote

They "can't do nothing" for her. She is not their problem. They are not their brother's keeper.

Filming her and putting it online was a nice touch for her family though.

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:02:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Man, that's horrible.

Old town Lahaina was a cool little place with some neat history.

Visited there a million years ago and stayed at the Westin. Went to the Hardrock, Cheeseburgers in Paradise, a place called Kimo's, a pretty nice French restaurant, and got breakfast a few times at a place in the old town that put coconut syrup on the pancakes and waffles.
View Quote

Kimo's! Home of the Hula Pie! Jake's Del Mar is one of their restaurants, owned by cool as shit surfer dude types.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Short of turning everything into an asphalt parking lot, there's sometimes very little that can be done to keep these things from blowing up when conditions are right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are plenty of measures such as doing burns to keep it in check via natural like.  Also make more firebreaks like roads and rocks and such.   Also trimming trees more....

I used to have a red card and have worked more grass/wildfires over the years than I can count.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
There are plenty of measures such as doing burns to keep it in check via natural like.  Also make more firebreaks like roads and rocks and such.   Also trimming trees more....

I used to have a red card and have worked more grass/wildfires over the years than I can count.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a double edged sword.  Lahaina burned down 100 yeas ago under similar circumstances.  They decided to "preserve the character" of Lahaina at the risk of these deaths.  You could perhaps argue a few dozen deaths were worth the magic that was old town Lahaina, but lets not forget they knew about previous fires so this wasn't just an act of oversight nor is Hawaii devoid of people with red cards.

They will likely rebuild it again and "preserve the character" again and play their centennial story on repeat.  Just chance'em brah!
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

A start would have been not letting the old sugar cane fields turn to wild unmanaged grasses.

Then again with the wind hitting that town, I wonder if anything could have been done, I’m very curious to where this started exactly

Does anyone know if the high school made it? Lahaina Luna ?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#47]

Sad to see the devastation
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It is a really tough thing to address.  

Don't care that some idiot riding on top of a train is electrocuted?  Or that Feinstein is injured and perhaps dying?  Or that innocent people are attacked on the streets of NYC because of criminal justice "reform"?  Or that California is short on power, and power failures could result in the death of some vulnerable populations, including the elderly?  

We would clearly intervene if someone posted "don't care" in a thread about a member's sick child, but it's tough to decide where the line is in between that and the prior examples.  And saying you don't care is different than saying "good!"

We also aren't unbiased.  Some of us know people in Hawaii, or even own property there.  It's not that we don't care, but forcing people to either care about a thing or shut up if they don't sounds pretty Leftist.  But again, there are times when it is clearly over the line.  A line that is pretty tough to draw.  

We try.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The first reply was posted in response to a news article that, at the time, stated there was no loss of life.  Things have obviously gotten worse since then, but we aren't issuing a warning to someone over future crime.

No worries bro, I'm sure arf won't make national news over our ZFG posts.

I do feel bad for our members directly affected by this fire having to put up with that. Hell I feel bad for anyone affected.

It is a really tough thing to address.  

Don't care that some idiot riding on top of a train is electrocuted?  Or that Feinstein is injured and perhaps dying?  Or that innocent people are attacked on the streets of NYC because of criminal justice "reform"?  Or that California is short on power, and power failures could result in the death of some vulnerable populations, including the elderly?  

We would clearly intervene if someone posted "don't care" in a thread about a member's sick child, but it's tough to decide where the line is in between that and the prior examples.  And saying you don't care is different than saying "good!"

We also aren't unbiased.  Some of us know people in Hawaii, or even own property there.  It's not that we don't care, but forcing people to either care about a thing or shut up if they don't sounds pretty Leftist.  But again, there are times when it is clearly over the line.  A line that is pretty tough to draw.  

We try.
I understand and really appreciate you guys. It is a fine line. My gripe is directed towards the cretins who arrive and disrupt a thread with the intention to create a negative reaction. I guess those are trolls. What happens is it encourages other cretins to follow suit. Then, the people who would provide helpful information are reluctant or say "fuck it", I'm not subjecting myself to this crap. And why should they?

Trolls have always been around, but until recently, they mostly minded their manners after seeing where the thread should/is going.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:17:39 PM EDT
[#49]
I just saw a news report that 36 have died in this fire.   I don't know the area or conditions but how can so many people die?  I can understand it if it started at 200 AM with 60 MPH winds headed towards a populated area.

Not long ago there was a horrendous fire northwest of Denver.   It probably burned hundreds of homes.  Not sure about fatalities.    I will check the info on it.

This may be it.  December 2021

Marshall fire

The Marshall Fire was a destructive wildfire and urban conflagration that started on December 30, 2021, shortly after 11:00 a.m. MST,[3] as a grass fire in Boulder County, Colorado.[4] The fire killed two people and became the most destructive fire in Colorado history in terms of buildings destroyed.[5]

An unusually wet spring with above average growth of grass due to moist conditions, followed by an unusually warm and dry summer and fall, created abundant dry grass. This, combined with the lack of snow so far that winter, created ideal weather conditions for wildfires.[6][7][9]

Additionally, high winds were recorded in the area, with gusts of up to 115 miles per hour. The winds were driven by the mountain wave effect, and allowed for rapid spread of the fire.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

correct

there were multiple options available
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top