Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:53:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I go to McD every few days.  The Chicken strips with Pioneer gravy are good but over $3 for three of them.

The dollar coke just went up to $1.30, this for a medium sized "large" drink.

McDouble is still pretty good.

Prices are not going up, it is just that the dollar is declining.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:00:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I know Arfcom only has beautiful women cook five star meals for them, but I actually like McDonalds hamburgers.  

I mean they don't taste like a homemade burger or anything, but they have a very unique fast food taste I crave at times.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:05:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Have to laugh at McDonalds commercials and them being the "official sponsor" of the olympics. No one is reaching for a burger and fries after a workout.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:10:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is 100% legit, and the cringefest gets better and better. The video is a must-watch.

http://twitter.com/McDonalds
http://i.imgur.com/8OSsYmN.png

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is satire right?

This is 100% legit, and the cringefest gets better and better. The video is a must-watch.

http://twitter.com/McDonalds
http://i.imgur.com/8OSsYmN.png

The gloves were kind of a turn on

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:15:18 AM EDT
[#5]
McDonald's, the food tastes like shit and reeks like death if even an empty bag is left in the car for an hour.

Problem identified.
Now pay me.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:13:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe they should try fresh local ingredients, instead of processed garbage.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:23:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:44:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

He looks like a masked pedophile
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:48:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:50:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
those are some bad ass shoes!
View Quote

He stole them

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:53:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks like Tomy Hardy.

"you think hamburgers are your ally? You merely adopted McDonalds, I was born in it............"
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:10:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anyone involved with that marketing needs fired Right Fucking Now.  

Talk about out of touch.
View Quote

Maybe what they like to touch is different than what you like to touch.  McDonalds is just getting ahead of the curve with this creepy pedo dude. The toys in the Happy Meals are going to get interesting.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:44:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah.... he looks fucking creepy.  I mean he's not as bad as that psycho happy meal box I saw, but still he is creepy.

Hell why don't they update that fucking clown instead?  Japan has some great versions of Ronald in one of their commercials:

Or maybe they should look at what's making other fast food places draw in more customers.... better quality food and healthier options.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:48:55 AM EDT
[#14]
They never thought it may be a good iddea to start making good food?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:51:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Instead of making the food edible, they spend a ton on an add campaign...........makes sense to me.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:08:49 AM EDT
[#16]
McDonalds commercials have always been fucking awful. Their entire marketing department needs to be shitcanned ASAP.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:14:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Give me burgers in the morning.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:39:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Japan has some great versions of Ronald in one of their commercials:

View Quote

Japan has the HamTentacleRapist
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#19]
The HamHomeInvader would be cooler.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:48:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They need to make the Hamburglar black. It's the appropriate thing to do.

You know, since they do the whole McDonald's 365 Black deal.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:49:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Robble Robble robble
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:51:43 AM EDT
[#22]
What gun did Ronald McDonald use in Heat?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:54:06 AM EDT
[#23]
I'd have brought back all the McDonald characters from the 1980s and the food from the 1950s and 60s.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:01:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Man they are making a huge assumption that those weird ass characters from the 70s made any impact on selling their food.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:04:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Justin Timberlake has really gone down hill

So, why can't McDonalds just stop washing their foods in vats of ammonia and have good food without the chemical "my body hates me for what I just did" after taste?
View Quote

McDonald's hamburgers give me upset stomach and the craps.

In the 80s-90s things were fine and then suddenly it was a brick wall.  I just can't eat it any more.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Need to serve Egg Mc Muffins all day long!
View Quote

Their breakfast food is pretty good for fast food.  I think you might want to be on to something here.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:05:07 AM EDT
[#27]
They should have went 365 black with it and made the Hamburgler more like a thug type of thief...Lil Wayne comes to mind. This would have tripled their current business, as it's more eye catching to the urban youths...
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:05:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Man they are making a huge assumption that those weird ass characters from the 70s made any impact on selling their food.

View Quote

Nostalgia is a powerful marketing tool. Might get younger families in the door. But if the food sucks they won't stay.

The best coast to coast fast food burger is Hardees/Carl's Jr. imo. They would do well to emulate something like that sort of food and the employees and cleanliness of Chic-Fil-A. Turning McDonalds into a fast casual chain would be a huge mistake.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#29]
tastes like crap now,I remember the change over in 2000 or 2001,one week it was ok the next something changed in the fries and meat.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:08:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Their breakfast food is pretty good for fast food.  I think you might want to be on to something here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The "round" eggs are real eggs. Pretty hard to screw up a piece of cheese, egg, toasted English muffin, Canadian bacon or sausage.

Imagine if they used real fresh ground beef. As others have mentioned there would be a huge cost associated with changing from microwaving frozen hockey puck burgers in equipment (real grills), training, food sanitation, supply chain. Would be a big gamble and the first time someone gets sick from improperly handled fresh meat.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
tastes like crap now,I remember the change over in 2000 or 2001,one week it was ok the next something changed in the fries and meat.  
View Quote

I agree the meat has some sort of chemically "meaty" taste infused in the frozen hockey puck patties. Tastes a bit like Worcestershire sauce. McDonalds is hands down the bottom rung of coast to coast fast food chain burgers. Everyone elses is much better tasting.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:10:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Nostalgia is a powerful marketing tool. Might get younger families in the door. But if the food sucks they won't stay.

The best coast to coast fast food burger is Hardees/Carl's Jr. imo. They would do well to emulate something like that sort of food and the employees and cleanliness of Chic-Fil-A. Turning McDonalds into a fast casual chain would be a huge mistake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dunno buddy - all I see it is from my perspective; As a child I remember looking at those characters and thinking "wtf?" in kid thoughts.  Maybe it's just me.

I couldn't agree more - Hardees is one of my favorite stops when I'm on the road.  I usually stop at one outside of Knoxville when I'm on my way to the Smokies.  If all fast food would emulate Chic-Fil-A the world would be a better place.

My mind keeps comparing fast food restaurants to the garishly green public bathrooms that you find at older state rest stops.. I don't know why.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I've said it before, I'll say it again. McDonald's has saturated their market. They need to introduce a new brand, distinctly separate from McDonald's, but using the systems McD's has already established and perfected. All their energy is being spent treading water. Don't try to be everything to everybody. Stay core. If they want to compete with Taco Bell, start a taco chain.  Start an express Chinese chain.  Branch out. They'll go down in flames trying to reinvent themselves every couple years.

View Quote

this.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:11:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Hamburgerler had one toof lol, I never noticed that
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The "round" eggs are real eggs. Pretty hard to screw up a piece of cheese, egg, toasted English muffin, Canadian bacon or sausage.

Imagine if they used real fresh ground beef. As others have mentioned there would be a huge cost associated with changing from microwaving frozen hockey puck burgers in equipment (real grills), training, food sanitation, supply chain. Would be a big gamble and the first time someone gets sick from improperly handled fresh meat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't mind a frozen burger patty. See Bubba Burgers for reference,

But back when they fried their burgers, and deep fried their french fries in beef fat, McDs was fucking awesome. Drop the healthy bullshit and embrace being a fast food joint says I.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#36]
No way that new hamburglar can be affiliated with MickieD's he looks like he has been ordered to stay at least 500 yards away from playgrounds, etc...
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#37]
And somebody got paid a lot of money for that idea. The Ad Agency should be fired and the execs at McD who approved it should be demoted to fry grease cleaners.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:30:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Give me burgers in the morning.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:40:03 PM EDT
[#39]
I had a chicken sandwich there a while back and was frankly shocked how good it was.   It actually looked like the photo, with leafy green lettuce, wheat bun and crispy golden brown chicken.  

Only problem is most of their restaurants look like a Somali civil war broke out in the dining area shortly after breakfast.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Looks like he should be driving a panel van driving around grade schools.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 10:19:17 PM EDT
[#41]
I am guessing he will be touching the nuggets
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

no.

they need to go back to cheap.

lose all the fancy shit and offer burgers fries and maybe a chicken patty.

instead they are trying to be hip with the "high quality" beef at restaurant prices.

buy grade A beef and make fucking sub 2 dollar burgers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With the size and scope of McD's they could get some amazing deals of quality product instead of trying to shovel shit into the mouths of people. I can get a fresh 1/2 lb burger, bacon, fixings, fries, and beer for $10. Big Mac meal is almost $8.

no.

they need to go back to cheap.

lose all the fancy shit and offer burgers fries and maybe a chicken patty.

instead they are trying to be hip with the "high quality" beef at restaurant prices.

buy grade A beef and make fucking sub 2 dollar burgers.

I never said "expensive".

My comparison was to show what you can get for your money. I can get a large fresh burger with a ton of fresh fixings, a boat load of fries, and a beer for $2 more then McD's sells a shit burger, stale and old fixings, and mostly-soggy fries along with a fountain coke. Relatively speaking that soda is probably the best part of the meal.

Fresh patties, real grill, and quality materials do not need to be expensive when you are dealing with as big of a supply network as McD. I'd rather pay $2 for a decent cheese burger then $1.29 for that shit they are calling food.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Perhaps they do....on little kids and pea-brained adults.

I'll bet if they had spent half of their advertising budget on coming up with good tasting, non garbage flavored menu items, they would be more popular than ever. I won't hold my breath.

Our local McKrappo's hires short bus riders judging by how often they screw up orders. I wrote a letter to corporate after getting fed up with their lousy service, some years back, accusing them of hiring too many mentally challenged workers. I was filled with glee when I received a reply from the owners of the local store wherein they denied my insinuations about their help. They missed the point and of course the service and especially the food has not improved much over the years.

Why should they give a shit as long as long as they are raking in profits with no competition for miles around in our very small village?

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Message to the McDonald's Board of Directors: You can do anything you want but until the meat tastes like real grilled beef instead of boiled cardboard you are wasting your time.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I guess they wanted someone as creepy as the Burger King.
View Quote

The BK is creepy.

The only good about McD's is their Coke.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#48]
To me, Grimace was the real pedophile.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The best coast to coast fast food burger is Hardees/Carl's Jr. imo. They would do well to emulate something like that sort of food
View Quote

I think they are making a play. I saw they are introducing 1/3 lb burgers, which is what Hardee's does. Of course, they'll get rid of them in 6 months and try something else.

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 7:31:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Message to the McDonald's Board of Directors: You can do anything you want but until the meat tastes like real grilled beef instead of boiled cardboard you are wasting your time.
View Quote

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top