Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another huge loser thread?
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:11:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

And yet we all are different people due to the constraints placed upon us by societal norms.  Would you be the same person that you are today if you grew up in North Korea, or Mali, or Brazil?  How do you separate the person that you are from the person that society (specifically, the society that you grew up in) has molded you into?  Do you drive the speed limit because you don't want the $150 ticket, or because you believe in lawful behavior?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just can't get behind the idea of peer pressure/popularity/social status things being a driving force behind someone's actions.  Maybe I'm viewing it too broadly but one of the fundamental things we try to teach our kids is that compromising who they are in order to please other people (except for us-----they have to please their parents ) is never a good idea.  Having integrity, by definition, is standing your ground regardless of what the crowd wants.

That also has to be tempered with some common sense though.  They shouldn't be concerned with needing to have the latest brand name fad but that doesn't mean they can wear a dirty, wrinkled shirt to school and not bother taking a bath-----even if that is their natural state.  

And yet we all are different people due to the constraints placed upon us by societal norms.  Would you be the same person that you are today if you grew up in North Korea, or Mali, or Brazil?  How do you separate the person that you are from the person that society (specifically, the society that you grew up in) has molded you into?  Do you drive the speed limit because you don't want the $150 ticket, or because you believe in lawful behavior?

I think *some* of that is a good thing.  It's what keeps neighborhoods looking nice and people polite and courteous.  I'm not saying that everyone should adopt a *don't care* attitude about everything.  I'm finding it difficult to articulate something that to me is so basic and just *known.*  Like you only have to teach a few people that you shouldn't kick a puppy----most innately pick up on that as children.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And you know as well as I do that we can only harp about it so much.

To take a word out of "Mean Girls", my oldest tolerated high school and the plastics, she was ........more open to making new friends , saying asta lavista to girls who went plastic.

The youngest however , loathed high school, and said the level of plastic to real was 90% plastic , 9% horrified of the plastics, and 1% regular.

But every time she had a bad day, (girl issues at school) , when she would talk to me about it, I inevitably told her how great it really was, as this is how young people developed their bs detectors and these rough times would make her future far easier due to being able to handle the adult plastics we all meet over time .

View Quote

Absolutely.  Ironically, our issue is the opposite one.   The plastics aren't even on her radar.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:21:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sure.  If you can factor in how many of the bastards were produced by men who were married to other women, the number of women who would have divorced their husband because of his abuse/infidelity/addiction but couldn't because the laws/society were against her and the number of STDs that floated around the military units and how many of those afflicted were married at the time.  We can start there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what statistics would you prefer?

what measurement of an era neither of us lived in would you like?

bastards, rampant divorce and STDs?

Sure.  If you can factor in how many of the bastards were produced by men who were married to other women, the number of women who would have divorced their husband because of his abuse/infidelity/addiction but couldn't because the laws/society were against her and the number of STDs that floated around the military units and how many of those afflicted were married at the time.  We can start there.

...something about moving the  goalposts comes to mind....
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

So we can't talk about the ways in which men are disadvantaged or killed.

Seems a funny way to have a "discussion".

Pop quiz - of all those grave stones, how many of those rest above the remains of a male who was compelled to participate in what led to his demise?  How many above a female?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're discussing marital arrangements and divorce.  Always moving the goal posts.

So we can't talk about the ways in which men are disadvantaged or killed.

Seems a funny way to have a "discussion".

Pop quiz - of all those grave stones, how many of those rest above the remains of a male who was compelled to participate in what led to his demise?  How many above a female?

We can.  It's just not pertinent to this particular conversation.  

At what point did I ever state or even imply that I'm on the opposing side of that issue?  I'm not even on the opposing side on THIS issue.  I think we can all agree that nothing ever has been and never will be equitably dispersed amongst the genders.  Each side had/has/will have their woe is me moments----legitimately.  These discussions are always long on examples and short on solutions.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ma'am, if the society falls - there won't BE any women (or men, either) regardless of their hypothetical position on the free- not free sliding scale.

To have WHATEVER degree of freedom, one must first BE.  Thanks to abortion, about 20 million American girls were enslaved by death, before being born - yes?
View Quote

I never have, nor will I ever agree with abortion.  Ever.  

Solution for saving society?  Because unless it involves pitting men and women against each other, which both sides seem to excel at, looks like we're all out of ideas.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:29:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Good luck to you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I raised daughters who's self esteem comes from other people, I completely failed as a parent.

And God bless you for recognizing that.  

Good luck to you.

Thank you.  I feel like I turned out quite well being raised with that mindset. While I see that our girls have much more (or so it seems) working against them these days, I still feel that foundation will give them the best chance at growing into the women I'd like them to be.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:30:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't know how I can be any more clear.  If you buy a particular car because you like certain things about it, great.  If you buy a particular car because you feel it will increase your value in how others perceive you, that's just sad to me.  

The difference is in the motivation being inward-driven or outward-driven.  Outward driven motivations to gain others' approval comes across as superficial and adolescent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is asking which dress is more flattering different than asking which dress will make you look more attractive?  How is it different than asking if dropping 40 (or 140) pounds would make you look more attractive?  

Why is it bad for someone to improve themselves in order to get women to sleep with them, but it's perfectly ok to mold oneself into "something they're not" in order to be healthy and fit?  Either choice will fundamentally change who that person was, regardless of the motivation for the behavior, so why is one choice worthy of condemnation and one worthy of praise?

I don't know how I can be any more clear.  If you buy a particular car because you like certain things about it, great.  If you buy a particular car because you feel it will increase your value in how others perceive you, that's just sad to me.  

The difference is in the motivation being inward-driven or outward-driven.  Outward driven motivations to gain others' approval comes across as superficial and adolescent.

At what age did you say to yourself, "Self, it is simply not natural for these legs and armpits to have hair," and inward driven motivation told you that your legs and armpits should be shaved?

Or, did you learn to shave your legs and pits because your mom or an older sibling taught you to do it... because you realized that the girls around you were doing it and you wanted to fit in... because you came to understand that boys appreciated shaved legs and pits more than hairy legs and armpits on girls?
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

oh please the only way 80% of GD could get some pussy is if the bitch died, and willed it to them.  And then, maybe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, it wasn't.

oh please the only way 80% of GD could get some pussy is if the bitch died, and willed it to them.  And then, maybe.

Are you part of that 80%? You pull in a lot of tail in New Hampshiter? Share your secret with us about womenz pleeze?
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:32:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Pretty much. Only spergs and neckbeards talk like that.

Quoted:
I feel like this is something only guys with a low SMV write or give a shit about.

Ayup.

Quoted:
Dating, relationships, and sex from the perspective of someone who may have once seen a real vagina.

And this.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How so?  

You can't gather why, in the context of this discussion, I'd home in on something outside of the general population in order to get a clearer glimpse at things?
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How so?  

You can't gather why, in the context of this discussion, I'd home in on something outside of the general population in order to get a clearer glimpse at things?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How so?  

You protest when a man brings up military service (and its predominately male impacting influence) but don't hesitate to bring up military service when you believe it will strengthen your own argument of how it impacts women.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
At what age did you say to yourself, "Self, it is simply not natural for these legs and armpits to have hair," and inward driven motivation told you that your legs and armpits should be shaved?

Or, did you learn to shave your legs and pits because your mom or an older sibling taught you to do it... because you realized that the girls around you were doing it and you wanted to fit in... because you came to understand that boys appreciated shaved legs and pits more than hairy legs and armpits on girls?
View Quote

That's kind of on the same line as why we brush our hair and teeth.  I can see the argument that it's societal conditioning and we do it to gain approval.   On the flipside, if I lived in a commune where nobody brushed their hair and teeth or shaved their legs, I still would----regardless of the societal norm that we shouldn't.  

As another example, some women never wear makeup.  To me, it's as basic a part of grooming as brushing your teeth.  You could plop me into any population where makeup was almost unheard of and I'd still get up and put it on before leaving the house.  

I'm not sure how that washes out but there you go.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's kind of on the same line as why we brush our hair and teeth.  I can see the argument that it's societal conditioning and we do it to gain approval.   On the flipside, if I lived in a commune where nobody brushed their hair and teeth or shaved their legs, I still would----regardless of the societal norm that we shouldn't.

As another example, some women never wear makeup.  To me, it's as basic a part of grooming as brushing your teeth.  You could plop me into any population where makeup was almost unheard of and I'd still get up and put it on before leaving the house.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me, what percentage of women shaved their underarms or legs in 1910?
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm finding it difficult to articulate something that to me is so basic and just *known.*  
View Quote

I know. I'm having an equally difficult time articulating that much of what some just expect men to know actually has to be taught or learned for all but a very few gifted naturals.

Moms tell little boys to treat women with respect, to be nice. Then those little boys become frustrated teens because respect and nice doesn't attract girls. if anything it repels them. The girls see them as creepy and treat them with contempt because they don't respect boys who are "nice."  Its very hard for a woman to be sexually attracted to someone she doesn't respect. Thats why many marriages fail.

Now you as a woman, know that Mom meant be respectful and nice but throw some flirtation in there too, some excitement and maybe a little edge. You just know that because you are a woman. But men are not wired that way, Men are literal and logical.  So men have to learn that behavior either by mirroring a successful male role model, being taught it, or seeking it out themselves.

Thats just one such example.

I don't know who I think is worse. The men, who upon learning Mommy "lied" react by getting angry at women. Really mommy didn't lie, she thought the flirting and excitement were known/assumed/included, because she's a woman. Or the women who react with anger when men realize they were lied to and start paying more attention to what a woman does than what a woman says.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Ayup, pretty much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ayup, pretty much.

Cliff's Notes Version...
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

non-concur.

The basic family unit survived from 1800-1965 ish.  so you would have to trace your causative effect and why there was a break of decades from ubiquitous electricity to the destruction of the basic family unit.

There have been upheavals in technology from the beginning of mankind.

If you want to pin any one technology of this sea change, its the pill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
regardless, there is no evidence that women or men are happier with the new arrangements.

If this was directed to me, so?

wasn't that the supposed point?

that the misery of men would be compensated for by the new found happiness for women?

I don't think so.  I mean, I honestly don't think the internal combustion engine was developed with the intention of depriving men of the elemental joy of looking at the ass end of a mule ten hours a day.The replacement of human muscle with various forms of mechanical/electrical power freed men from lives of physical toil, but it also wrought changes in the way work was done and value created and ultimately fundamental changes to society.   Feminism wasn't the agent fundamental change in the male-female relationship, electricity was.

non-concur.

The basic family unit survived from 1800-1965 ish.  so you would have to trace your causative effect and why there was a break of decades from ubiquitous electricity to the destruction of the basic family unit.

There have been upheavals in technology from the beginning of mankind.

If you want to pin any one technology of this sea change, its the pill.

Nope.  The replacement of human muscle with other kinds of power changed the way work was done and value created, a process that continues today with IT in its various forms.   At an accelerating rate, over a few hundred years, less and less  work was done by manual labor and skilled labor and then intellectual labor became more prevelent.  When some guy hooked a water turbine to a line shaft, the handwriting was on the wall: you boys were fucked.  

Critical mass was reached with electrification, prodded along by WW 2, and within a couple of decades, the average woman with a little luck and perserverance could find work that allow her to be financially self-sufficient.*  Society was changed forever. Tens of thousands of years with men as the absolute arbiter of the male/female relationship wiped away in a few hundred.  Like I said: feminism didn't change society; electricity did.

I don't see this as good or bad; it simply is.  

*Yeah I know, Sylvan.  IknowIknowIknow. Child support, alimony, property settlements, welfare, false rape claims, sexual harassment claims.  These are the things I was talking about earlier when I said men and women of good conscience would have to work out together. They're also things about which I'm on record here as being sympathetic to the majority male view.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 8:02:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Cliff's Notes Version...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ayup, pretty much.

Cliff's Notes Version...

The losers:
Men = good
Women = dogshit

Everyone else:
You guys are a buncha titheads.

Best single post:
Quoted:

Me: < giggle>

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 8:10:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Strange people. The lot of you.

ETA The individual who wrote the article though, a few fries short of a happy meal. Cuts both ways.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You protest when a man brings up military service (and its predominately male impacting influence) but don't hesitate to bring up military service when you believe it will strengthen your own argument of how it impacts women.
View Quote

Sorry for the delay.  Had to cook supper.  

Um.....I brought up military service in the context of STDs-----which we were already discussing in relation to marriage.  The fact that men throughout history have died in military service isn't relevant to the conversation----it's just another way to highlight gender disparity.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently shaving armpits came in vogue in 1915.  I did not know that.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 8:23:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I know. I'm having an equally difficult time articulating that much of what some just expect men to know actually has to be taught or learned for all but a very few gifted naturals.

Moms tell little boys to treat women with respect, to be nice. Then those little boys become frustrated teens because respect and nice doesn't attract girls. if anything it repels them. The girls see them as creepy and treat them with contempt because they don't respect boys who are "nice."  Its very hard for a woman to be sexually attracted to someone she doesn't respect. Thats why many marriages fail.

Now you as a woman, know that Mom meant be respectful and nice but throw some flirtation in there too, some excitement and maybe a little edge. You just know that because you are a woman. But men are not wired that way, Men are literal and logical.  So men have to learn that behavior either by mirroring a successful male role model, being taught it, or seeking it out themselves.

I don't know who I think is worse. The men, who upon learning Mommy "lied" react by getting angry at women. Really mommy didn't lie, she thought the flirting and excitement were known/assumed/included, because she's a woman. Or the women who react with anger when men realize they were lied to and start paying more attention to what a woman does than what a woman says.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm finding it difficult to articulate something that to me is so basic and just *known.*  

So, how do little boys figure out how to get along with other little boys?  How do people figure out how to get along with people at all?

Like I said, most people don't have to be taught to not kick puppies------they just know it's a bad thing to do.

For people with Asperger's and actual disabilities where they legitimately don't understand human interaction stuff, I get that, I do.  Everyone else gets it just by living and being slightly tuned into other people.    

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 8:25:37 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
God Damn that was a good post.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Originally Posted By

There is that projection, again.  

I know, as a woman, this is hard to believe.  But there are folks out there who can remove their personal experiences and simply look at the evidence at hand.

This might be why the estrogen posse on here is always confused by these threads.

There's that weaseling, again.

That's true for some, but I've read enough of you here to know you're not one of them.  The family law obsession remains something of a mystery.  It's driven by some grudge though, and you'll eventually let it slip out as you have with other aspects of your life.  

Always with the sexist slurs and fabrication.  I don't think the women here are confused by these threads.  They're always the same: techniques by which losers can manipulate other losers.  This one's a little different, though. I don't recall every seeing one get this much blowback from the other men here, some pretty well respected folks, too.

OK.

You are being fairer than I deserve so I owe you a no-shit explanation.  

Buckle up, its going to be bumpy.

What comprises a successful society?  Well, first, it needs people.  Which means children.  Which means sex.  Easy day.  Women are weaker, they are going to have sex one way or the other.  Prior to the advent of civilization women were commodities to kill for.  You wanted women, you took them.  And you protected the ones you had from the predations of others.  You might even protect the children.  You don't know exactly why, but you will.  But you can't get past the familial cave dwelling clan on this model.

You needed to break past loyalty simply by family.  because the larger the group, the stronger it was.  The stronger it was, the more it had (women, prime real estate, etc).  So how do you get a man to die for someone he isn't related to?  An all powerful creature that could see all and do all and would punish you for failing to do as he commands (or, his self designated representative commands)

Religion built societies.  Take that off to the side for a moment.  

So lets focus on western society.  What are the unique attributes of the west that made it specifically successful.  arguably built upon the 10 commandments.  Remember those?

Here is a refresher.

http://godhearme.org/tenCommandments.jpg

Lets look at 5, 7 and 10.  Under penalty of the lord our god, children MUST look after their parents.  And not only can you not fuck other people's wives and husbands you can't even DESIRE them.

Penalty for disobedience of any one of these was death.  Of course, what is in your heart is known but to god, but he is one vengeful dude in the old testament.  so, tread carefully.

so, 30% of the commandments deal specifically with children, relationships and marriage.  (never mind how many of the 613 other jewish commandments do so as well)

whats the point?  Society is built on a foundation of trust.  The most important relationship is between man and god.  (without god, none of this shit works).  The second most important relationship is between man and woman.  

Now, back to biological imperative to reproduce.  Women do not run the risk of accidentally dedicating a decade or more of their lives (or their very life in the case of childbirth) to raising another woman's child.  Men do.  

In order for a society to work, men must be prepared to give their lives for their wives and, by association, their children. At least what they think are their children.  If a society fails to protect a men from being cuckolded, then men lose the motivation to protect and provide for their wives.  That society will crumble.  we are not bonobos (who only exist because the niger river separates them from the more aggressive chimpanzee(but I digress))

So this is basic society 101.  All societies up until the modern era operated on basically this model.  All punished infidelity.  Some societies still punish infidelity with death.  

men in this model were disposable (hence polygamy being the norm).  historically speaking approximately 70% of every woman who lived to puberty reproduced.  less than 35% of men reproduced.  

A hypothetical society with 100 fertile women and 1 fertile man would have 100 children in 2 years.  reverse this ratio and the opposite society would have 1 child (and probably 90 dead men).  (if they lived next to each other, the 1 dude with 100 women would be dead within 30 seconds)

So, in the pre-historic societal age you have women as a pure commodity.  the most important commodity.  the foundation of all other requirements for civilization.  

And woman didn't get too much say in this.  The strongest took what he wanted.  Which, conveniently enough, generally coincided with the biological requirements of the woman.

I lecture you on this basic of human prehistory simply because it shaped our psychological foundations.  

women not only are attracted to strong men, they are repulsed by weak ones.  because a weak one will be conquered, their children smashed against a rock and then the weaker man's wife raped until they produce the victors children (re-read your homer if confused on this point)

Fast forward to the industrial age.  

War is less a measurement of physical strength and numbers but rather a measurement of industrial output.  

Societies that work harder and smarter will outproduce the requisite war material than other societies.  And they will be most successful.

By the time the industrial age came about, monogamous relationships were the norm in western civilization.   And western civilizations were, by all measurement, the most successful.

Why is monogamy important?  First and foremost because the children have the opportunity to be raised by both a male and female role model.  But, only slightly behind, is because a married man with children he assumes to be his own, is the most motivated to work harder, longer and smarter to provide for his family.  In polygamy, you have 3 men who don't have kids, won't have kids, and don't really give a fuck.  You can enslave them (as was the norm for most of history) but a slave will only produce the minimum to avoid punishment.  Slavery is not efficient or effective.  But its more useful than killing these excess worthless men which is why it was, and still is, practiced.

Brief pit stop. Men don't need much to be "happy".  Sex, toys and the first 3 levels of Maslow's hierarchy of needs.  And the toys need not be necessarily expensive IF the man has no desire to attract a mate.  But a woman and children provide a motivation to do more, to produce more (both in the micro and macro scale).  Raising children well is expensive.  And the more you have, the better chance of success for your children (and, back to the 5th commandment, better off for you when you get old).  So you have a bunch of men working hard to produce liberty ships and a nice paycheck raising both themselves and their society to the highest levels in the industrial age.

the woman's requirement was faithfulness (or the façade of it).  Make the man think the child or children is his, and he will work harder.  Of course society honored those who took on the burden of another man's child (the widow being particularly honored for her faithfulness till death to her husband) provided the man was dead.   A man who lost his wife (common until modern era in childbirth) was a natural match for a woman who had lost her husband.  

Divorce, the deliberate abandonment of your spouse, was a societally shunned rarity.  

So things hummed along.  

The nuclear family unit providing the basis for a society with the requisite number of offspring and maximizing the output of the father in support of his family.  

Then the 50s came.  And western society became the enemy.  And the engine of that successful western society, likewise becoming the enemy.

Enter the Betty Friedans and various other useful idiots in the communist cause.

The happy mother and wife being transformed the greatest mass enslavement in history.

"...women who 'adjust' as housewives, who grow up wanting to be 'just a housewife,' are in as much danger as the millions who walked to their own death in the concentration camps...they ate suffering a slow death of mind and spirit.”

and her great question, that is, only now being answered

"Who knows what women can be when they are finally free to become themselves? Who knows what women's intelligence will contribute when it can be nourished without denying love?”

Women are completely, utterly and totally free at this point to do whatever they want.

and what have they chosen?

30-40% bastard rate?   A new Acura and shitty daycare?  Are we still to believe women are slaves to the patriarchy?  That seems to be the position of the great feminist hero, Hillary Rodham.  What more must men sacrifice to the alter of women's insatiable demands?

men should they chose to even have sex can face the accusation of rape on the mere whims of the woman.

no woman will be punished for a false accusation

should she conceive a child while with a man (it may not be the man's child), he now owes 18 years of payments.  Or, the death of the child is the woman deems it inconvenient at the time.

men, should they choose to marry, became the virtual slaves to the woman's demands and should they not meet them, will become the literal slaves.  Working for a master who if not pleased will have them jailed for failing to provide as demanded even in the absence of the means to do so.

Men are left with one choice to avoid being entrapped; avoidance of women altogether.  Which they have chosen.

Do you think these men continue to work hard?  to spend extra hours to earn more money?

their increased wages being taken from them to support other mens bastard children in the innumerable forms of public assistance for women, infants and children (women are tragic victims when convenient and strong powerful equals at other times)

So, TLDR

Women have all the choices.  And they increasingly choose to be selfish at best, vindictive at worse, but increasingly childish regardless

and men, having lost most of their choices, have taken the one choice that remains theirs and theirs alone.  to drop out.  Not just with women, but with society.

You bemoan a binary choice between Trump and Hillary while applauding the system that deliberately created the circumstances creating it.

It sure was.

Should be required reading in every sociology class in the western world.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It sure was.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Originally Posted By

I know, as a woman, this is hard to believe.  But there are folks out there who can remove their personal experiences and simply look at the evidence at hand.

This might be why the estrogen posse on here is always confused by these threads.

That's true for some, but I've read enough of you here to know you're not one of them.  The family law obsession remains something of a mystery.  It's driven by some grudge though, and you'll eventually let it slip out as you have with other aspects of your life.  

Always with the sexist slurs and fabrication.  I don't think the women here are confused by these threads.  They're always the same: techniques by which losers can manipulate other losers.  This one's a little different, though. I don't recall every seeing one get this much blowback from the other men here, some pretty well respected folks, too.

OK.

What comprises a successful society?  Well, first, it needs people.  Which means children.  Which means sex.  Easy day.  Women are weaker, they are going to have sex one way or the other.  Prior to the advent of civilization women were commodities to kill for.  You wanted women, you took them.  And you protected the ones you had from the predations of others.  You might even protect the children.  You don't know exactly why, but you will.  But you can't get past the familial cave dwelling clan on this model.

You needed to break past loyalty simply by family.  because the larger the group, the stronger it was.  The stronger it was, the more it had (women, prime real estate, etc).  So how do you get a man to die for someone he isn't related to?  An all powerful creature that could see all and do all and would punish you for failing to do as he commands (or, his self designated representative commands)

So lets focus on western society.  What are the unique attributes of the west that made it specifically successful.  arguably built upon the 10 commandments.  Remember those?

Here is a refresher.
Lets look at 5, 7 and 10.  Under penalty of the lord our god, children MUST look after their parents.  And not only can you not fuck other people's wives and husbands you can't even DESIRE them.

Penalty for disobedience of any one of these was death.  Of course, what is in your heart is known but to god, but he is one vengeful dude in the old testament.  so, tread carefully.

so, 30% of the commandments deal specifically with children, relationships and marriage.  (never mind how many of the 613 other jewish commandments do so as well)

whats the point?  Society is built on a foundation of trust.  The most important relationship is between man and god.  (without god, none of this shit works).  The second most important relationship is between man and woman.  

Now, back to biological imperative to reproduce.  Women do not run the risk of accidentally dedicating a decade or more of their lives (or their very life in the case of childbirth) to raising another woman's child.  Men do.  

In order for a society to work, men must be prepared to give their lives for their wives and, by association, their children. At least what they think are their children.  If a society fails to protect a men from being cuckolded, then men lose the motivation to protect and provide for their wives.  That society will crumble.  we are not bonobos (who only exist because the niger river separates them from the more aggressive chimpanzee(but I digress))

So this is basic society 101.  All societies up until the modern era operated on basically this model.  All punished infidelity.  Some societies still punish infidelity with death.  

men in this model were disposable (hence polygamy being the norm).  historically speaking approximately 70% of every woman who lived to puberty reproduced.  less than 35% of men reproduced.  

A hypothetical society with 100 fertile women and 1 fertile man would have 100 children in 2 years.  reverse this ratio and the opposite society would have 1 child (and probably 90 dead men).  (if they lived next to each other, the 1 dude with 100 women would be dead within 30 seconds)

So, in the pre-historic societal age you have women as a pure commodity.  the most important commodity.  the foundation of all other requirements for civilization.  

And woman didn't get too much say in this.  The strongest took what he wanted.  Which, conveniently enough, generally coincided with the biological requirements of the woman.

I lecture you on this basic of human prehistory simply because it shaped our psychological foundations.  

women not only are attracted to strong men, they are repulsed by weak ones.  because a weak one will be conquered, their children smashed against a rock and then the weaker man's wife raped until they produce the victors children (re-read your homer if confused on this point)

War is less a measurement of physical strength and numbers but rather a measurement of industrial output.  

Societies that work harder and smarter will outproduce the requisite war material than other societies.  And they will be most successful.

By the time the industrial age came about, monogamous relationships were the norm in western civilization.   And western civilizations were, by all measurement, the most successful.

Why is monogamy important?  First and foremost because the children have the opportunity to be raised by both a male and female role model.  But, only slightly behind, is because a married man with children he assumes to be his own, is the most motivated to work harder, longer and smarter to provide for his family.  In polygamy, you have 3 men who don't have kids, won't have kids, and don't really give a fuck.  You can enslave them (as was the norm for most of history) but a slave will only produce the minimum to avoid punishment.  Slavery is not efficient or effective.  But its more useful than killing these excess worthless men which is why it was, and still is, practiced.

Brief pit stop. Men don't need much to be "happy".  Sex, toys and the first 3 levels of Maslow's hierarchy of needs.  And the toys need not be necessarily expensive IF the man has no desire to attract a mate.  But a woman and children provide a motivation to do more, to produce more (both in the micro and macro scale).  Raising children well is expensive.  And the more you have, the better chance of success for your children (and, back to the 5th commandment, better off for you when you get old).  So you have a bunch of men working hard to produce liberty ships and a nice paycheck raising both themselves and their society to the highest levels in the industrial age.

the woman's requirement was faithfulness (or the façade of it).  Make the man think the child or children is his, and he will work harder.  Of course society honored those who took on the burden of another man's child (the widow being particularly honored for her faithfulness till death to her husband) provided the man was dead.   A man who lost his wife (common until modern era in childbirth) was a natural match for a woman who had lost her husband.  

Divorce, the deliberate abandonment of your spouse, was a societally shunned rarity.  

So things hummed along.  

The nuclear family unit providing the basis for a society with the requisite number of offspring and maximizing the output of the father in support of his family.  

Then the 50s came.  And western society became the enemy.  And the engine of that successful western society, likewise becoming the enemy.

Enter the Betty Friedans and various other useful idiots in the communist cause.

The happy mother and wife being transformed the greatest mass enslavement in history.

"...women who 'adjust' as housewives, who grow up wanting to be 'just a housewife,' are in as much danger as the millions who walked to their own death in the concentration camps...they ate suffering a slow death of mind and spirit.”

"Who knows what women can be when they are finally free to become themselves? Who knows what women's intelligence will contribute when it can be nourished without denying love?”

Women are completely, utterly and totally free at this point to do whatever they want.

30-40% bastard rate?   A new Acura and shitty daycare?  Are we still to believe women are slaves to the patriarchy?  That seems to be the position of the great feminist hero, Hillary Rodham.  What more must men sacrifice to the alter of women's insatiable demands?

men should they chose to even have sex can face the accusation of rape on the mere whims of the woman.
should she conceive a child while with a man (it may not be the man's child), he now owes 18 years of payments.  Or, the death of the child is the woman deems it inconvenient at the time.

men, should they choose to marry, became the virtual slaves to the woman's demands and should they not meet them, will become the literal slaves.  Working for a master who if not pleased will have them jailed for failing to provide as demanded even in the absence of the means to do so.

Men are left with one choice to avoid being entrapped; avoidance of women altogether.  Which they have chosen.

Do you think these men continue to work hard?  to spend extra hours to earn more money?

their increased wages being taken from them to support other mens bastard children in the innumerable forms of public assistance for women, infants and children (women are tragic victims when convenient and strong powerful equals at other times)

So, TLDR

Women have all the choices.  And they increasingly choose to be selfish at best, vindictive at worse, but increasingly childish regardless

and men, having lost most of their choices, have taken the one choice that remains theirs and theirs alone.  to drop out.  Not just with women, but with society.

You bemoan a binary choice between Trump and Hillary while applauding the system that deliberately created the circumstances creating it.

It sure was.

I can't add a damn thing to it that wouldn't make me look like a dumb ass.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 8:52:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It sure was.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Originally Posted By

OK.

Here is a refresher.

So things hummed along.  

So, TLDR

It sure was.

Truth
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Holy shit.  I cant believe i didnt click on this thread earlier.  Not only have I watched this occur multiple times, but Ive drawn almost identical conclusions.   I even saw a guy do this too... minus the divorce part.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

then again, women have been shaving body hair since classical times.  there's a throwaway line in the lysistrata where a group of women approve of 'weeding the garden'.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

then again, women have been shaving body hair since classical times.  there's a throwaway line in the lysistrata where a group of women approve of 'weeding the garden'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I knew women have found ways to remove body hair since the beginning of time.  For some reason I thought underarm shaving specifically was a much more recent thing.  I should have known it was common at least in the 20s because of the flapper dresses but I don't think I ever really thought about it too much.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I knew women have found ways to remove body hair since the beginning of time.  For some reason I thought underarm shaving specifically was a much more recent thing.  I should have known it was common at least in the 20s because of the flapper dresses but I don't think I ever really thought about it too much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pumice stones have been used for a LONG time to remove body hair.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:08:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's painful too.  Thank God for laser is all I'm sayin'.  (crosses self)
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:20:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've read this type of thing as "sevenitis".

How the "sevens" (7 out of 10 on the hotness scale) get a lot of attention from men, because they are more attainable. Then because of that attention, they begin to think they are more valuable than they are.

Eh, I don't think it's universal, there are definitely exceptions.
View Quote

Somewhat related to your point, studies done (in IIRC England) on human pheromones found that very physically attractive people have less/weaker pheromone production than moderately physically attractive people, whom naturally produce more/stronger levels. Also, women normally produce slightly more pheromones than men, presumably associated with their fertility cycle.

I don't recall the study including physically unattractive people.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:44:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

One takes her to a restaurant where the staff knows and loves him. The other tries a new place, a little more upscale than he's used to and his body language is uncomfortable because of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyway, we split for 8 months and she went out with several guys who "Owned the room.".  

She's back. Like I told her, those guys who OTR are world class douchebags.

I like giving those guys the "Spock" eyebrow.        Nothing shuts down a Jersey Shore wannabe like realizing some other dude knows your game, won't play your game, and finds you slightly less annoying (and amusing) than a SpongeBob rerun.

You are talking about faking it. Not the real thing. You shouldn't fake it. The quarterback owns the room (field), the CEO, the pilot, The gang leader, the bands lead singer, the major league pitcher, the NBA star...

thats owning the room.

What does that even mean?

Say two guys are out on dinner dates with their respective women. How does one "own the room" while the other doesn't?

One takes her to a restaurant where the staff knows and loves him. The other tries a new place, a little more upscale than he's used to and his body language is uncomfortable because of it.

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:46:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So, how do little boys figure out how to get along with other little boys?  How do people figure out how to get along with people at all?

Like I said, most people don't have to be taught to not kick puppies------they just know it's a bad thing to do.

For people with Asperger's and actual disabilities where they legitimately don't understand human interaction stuff, I get that, I do.  Everyone else gets it just by living and being slightly tuned into other people.    

View Quote

They know it is a bad thing to do because they have been TAUGHT it is a bad thing to do - usually by a father.

The nature of man is to kick the puppy, in fact - outside of a socializing influence.

Remove, ridicule, marginalize and replace the male parent, and you get what we have here today.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:04:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good marketing by Gillette.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:06:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And threading, which seems now to mostly be constrained to eyebrows.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

They know it is a bad thing to do because they have been TAUGHT it is a bad thing to do - usually by a father.

The nature of man is to kick the puppy, in fact - outside of a socializing influence.

Remove, ridicule, marginalize and replace the male parent, and you get what we have here today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember reading a story about rhinos repeatedly being found dead in a nature preserve in ? South Africa.  The park rangers saw evidence of blunt trauma but couldn't figure out what was killing them.  They set up cameras and finally found the culprits:  Teenage elephants.  The latter were orphans and were never taught to leave the rhinos alone.  They were moved to a group containing adults and were quickly punished for trying to harm other animals.  As you point out, mammals need to be taught a lot of their proper behaviors.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Um.....I brought up military service in the context of STDs-----which we were already discussing in relation to marriage.  The fact that men throughout history have died in military service isn't relevant to the conversation----it's just another way to highlight gender disparity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Men died in service because they believed it contributed to protecting those back at home...their wives and children.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  You shaving your pits and legs is the result of social norms that you adhere to.  Social norms established between 1915 and 1925.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:25:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:42:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I remember reading a story about rhinos repeatedly being found dead in a nature preserve in ? South Africa.  The park rangers saw evidence of blunt trauma but couldn't figure out what was killing them.  They set up cameras and finally found the culprits:  Teenage elephants.  The latter were orphans and were never taught to leave the rhinos alone.  They were moved to a group containing adults and were quickly punished for trying to harm other animals.  As you point out, mammals need to be taught a lot of their proper behaviors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Teen male elephants don't live in a group containing adults, they live in a male group containing adult males. When culling herds, park workers used to target old males. Young males need older male influence, specifically. Once cullers stopped the agist misandry, the boys started behaving again.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 1:02:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Is all self improvement fake? At some point doesn't it become genuine? I quit using tobacco, got my teeth fixed and put on 40 pounds of muscle? Am i faking self improvement or am i actually improved?

is a woman faking it when she wears makeup, loses weight or color her hair? When she wears a padded bra or really any bra? When she gets an education is she faking it them?

It seems you are saying you would feel fooled by a guy who improves himself to the point you find yourself attracted to him, simply because he was not born that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its amazing how popular it is when it is so obviously (to some) wrong.

If women aren't that way, than how, in god's name do all these MGTOW/Red Pill/PUA websites, books, seminars, exist?

It's because they're catering to a specific subset of the male population and the *advice* works on a specific subset of the female population.  

To further the Kimye example----as an academic exercise I could also utilize methods of certain behaviors/dress/etc. that would attract a certain type of man.  Every man of that caliber who was drawn to me would validate that the method worked.  What I wouldn't have data on were all the other subsets of men who ignore/reject me because what I'm putting out is the opposite of what they're trying to pick up.  <science>

The advice works on all women. Unless you don't like well groomed, well dressed, physically fit, charming, playful, outgoing men with careers, stable living situations and a passion for life. Because those are the goals of red pill.

I don't like people who play games and pretend to be something they're not for gain.  If you're naturally that and just living your life, that's one thing.  If you're following a manual and ticking off the check marks in order to make yourself appealing, I ain't buying the façade you're trying to create.

ETA  Cross-posted with you and yes, fake is exactly it.

Is all self improvement fake? At some point doesn't it become genuine? I quit using tobacco, got my teeth fixed and put on 40 pounds of muscle? Am i faking self improvement or am i actually improved?

is a woman faking it when she wears makeup, loses weight or color her hair? When she wears a padded bra or really any bra? When she gets an education is she faking it them?

It seems you are saying you would feel fooled by a guy who improves himself to the point you find yourself attracted to him, simply because he was not born that way.

In women's perfect world only the top 30% of males would have access to women.  All the rest would die virgins.  In that sense, anything a lower ranking male does to muddy the waters is a problem.  Then the hamstering begins to come up with a socially acceptable reason other than AF/ BB, which is the basis for everything women actually do, but dont want to admit. Which is why men who are anti MGTOW are idiots IMO. For the vast majority of western men, MGTOW is the only sensible option really given the the societal landscape.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 1:16:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

For men, its always about sex. Without, we wouldn't get out of bed, go to work or fight wars. a man that says he's trying to improve but its not about sex is a liar.

View Quote

Lol. How pathetic. And simply untrue.

There are boys, and then there are men. I believe the group of males you refer to are the "boys."
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 2:16:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

In the meantime, I offer you another view.

From the dawn of mankind until a few hundred years ago,  societies were structured around the reality that value was created and defended with testosterone enhanced muscle mass. The Industrial Revolution, the internal combustion engine, the electrification of the West, and the Information Revolution put paid to all of that.  To steal from Springstein: those days are gone, boys, and they ain't coming back,  Or at least, not until the apocalypse.

For the first time, women don't have to put up with some man's shit in order to sleep indoors, eat a couple times a day, and not get passed around to the other members of the tribe. Although men are still predominant in every power center in Western society, they're no longer the absolute arbiter of the basic building block of society, the male/female relationship.  And since that's where the pussy comes from, holy cat's ass, are they pissed.  Understandable, but, realistically, we're aren't going to de-industrialize to accommodate the male libido/ego.  So where do that leave us?  

Beats me, but, inarguably, men have legitimate grievances as a result of tectonic shifts in society, and men and women of good conscience - which pretty much excludes gender feminists and their mirror images, the MRA/MGTOW/PUA/TRP communities - are going to have to work together to address them.  And reflexively hating on women categorically isn't really going to be much help.

View Quote

This really sums it up for me.

You guys aren't going to be able to send us back to a time where women had little independence—that ship has sailed. We need to come to a solution that doesn't require that one gender or another loses a lot of their freedoms and rights. I don't think the situation we have now is that great—unquestioningly, men are suffering and losing rights and it's unbalanced. On the other hand, some of you guys sound like you'd like to have it flipped in your favor, and with women losing a lot of the rights and freedoms we've enjoyed. Sorry, that's not going to happen either. We've got to meet somewhere in the middle, I guess.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 5:18:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 8:02:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Put a puppy in a room full of toddlers and the only danger to the puppy is of the Lenny variety.  Even if it's the first time they've ever seen a puppy.  

I absolutely won't argue against the importance of fathers.  A good father is of critical importance.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 8:05:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That line sounds familiar....  

sed -e s/gender/race/g

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/012/828/1262867074647.jpg
View Quote

And you know that's not the point of it at all.  Pointing out how and why pendulum swings happen and that *the good old days* weren't always the utopia some seem to think it was is not an, "Haha, you can suck it now!" thing.  At all.  I like the way you ignore the rest of my statement.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 8:11:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

In women's perfect world only the top 30% of males would have access to women.  All the rest would die virgins.  In that sense, anything a lower ranking male does to muddy the waters is a problem.  Then the hamstering begins to come up with a socially acceptable reason other than AF/ BB, which is the basis for everything women actually do, but dont want to admit. Which is why men who are anti MGTOW are idiots IMO. For the vast majority of western men, MGTOW is the only sensible option really given the the societal landscape.
View Quote

Yes, I give a shit about who is sleeping with whom.  You don't even realize how insane you sound, do you?

I LOVE it when people find their perfect match.  It's the greatest thing in the world and I wish everyone could be so lucky.  I hate the idea of players and people who treat relationships with others as a joke.  We need a whole lot more love and respect for our fellow human beings.  Just treating each other the way we'd like to be treated would solve the world's problems.  Seriously-----lessons for a happy life learned in Kindergarten yet we still manage to grow ourselves up into assholes.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 8:11:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

And you know that's not the point of it at all.  Pointing out how and why pendulum swings happen and that *the good old days* weren't always the utopia some seem to think it was is not an, "Haha, you can suck it now!" thing.  At all.  I like the way you ignore the rest of my statement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

sed -e s/gender/race/g

Strawman alert!  Strawman alert!

So, in the absence of a Utopia claimed by no one but you, you just gotta to take it.

Link Posted: 10/5/2016 8:15:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So, in the absence of a Utopia claimed by no one but you, you just gotta to take it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

sed -e s/gender/race/g

If you're going to continually try to attribute beliefs to me that I've been extremely vocal about not having, I'm done.  Everyone who's been following along can see what you're doing and if you'd like to retain some credibility here amongst the membership I'd rethink that strategy.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top