Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 84
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ALE ain’t going to let that happen these days.  Even hole in the wall small town bars get surprise visits from them.

Eta I see Maine has BABLO but same thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I kept a 12 ga under the bar when I was a bartender.  Mossberg pump fit fine on top of the beer cooler.  Easy to grab.

ALE ain’t going to let that happen these days.  Even hole in the wall small town bars get surprise visits from them.

Eta I see Maine has BABLO but same thing.

Yea, that was a long time ago.  Small town place but occasional rough crowd.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:35:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Those who erect them should be liable for the defense of those who come onto their premises.

You go out of your way to disarm people, you should be held responsible for what happens because you disarmed them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure of Maine law but it used to be in NH you could not carry in a place that served alcohol.
I was thinking that may be part of the reason he hit those places.

Gun free zones shouldn't exist

Those who erect them should be liable for the defense of those who come onto their premises.

You go out of your way to disarm people, you should be held responsible for what happens because you disarmed them.

Wasn’t there a restaurant in tx that was shot up 20-30yrs ago?  One of the patrons that was killed left his CCW in the vehicle as the restaurant was posted. IIRC his family sued the restaurant and won.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:36:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I can’t keep up with the thread, but have we talked about the second shooter?  Witness video from the scene clearly shows 2 people with guns running from the scene.   Pics taken from Fox News video this am.  The one in all black had the weapon light on while running.  Appeared to be a rifle. AR style?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/128278/IMG_9682_jpeg-3005206.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/128278/IMG_9679_jpeg-3005207.JPG
View Quote

While that pic clearly shows two people running away from the scene, in about three days those pics will have been scrubbed, and any person who brings it up or questions it will be labeled a "retarded conspiracy theorist".  Any high profile person who brings it up will be subject to life changing civil or criminal lawfare.  

And the sheep will continue to bleat.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Holy fuck.

I've never seen that video before.

That employee should be permanently given a penthouse suite, and have only the finest broads delivered up to his room daily.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This guy is outon bail.  Multiple questions seem to come from this.  (It popped up on my YT page this morning. I wonder if algorithms tied it to other searches,  news, this, etc.?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJpVMWj5NGo

WTF? Good on the condo complex employee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJpVMWj5NGo

Holy fuck.

I've never seen that video before.

That employee should be permanently given a penthouse suite, and have only the finest broads delivered up to his room daily.
me neither. good dude and good response.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I can’t keep up with the thread, but have we talked about the second shooter?  Witness video from the scene clearly shows 2 people with guns running from the scene.   Pics taken from Fox News video this am.  The one in all black had the weapon light on while running.  Appeared to be a rifle. AR style?

View Quote

That’s clearly a shitty picture that doesn’t clearly show shit.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:37:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Hannity is using this shooting to try to sell Bryna pepper ball guns.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Wasn't there a restaurant in tx that was shot up 20-30yrs ago?  One of the patrons that was killed left his CCW in the vehicle as the restaurant was posted. IIRC his family sued the restaurant and won.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure of Maine law but it used to be in NH you could not carry in a place that served alcohol.

Wasn't there a restaurant in tx that was shot up 20-30yrs ago?  One of the patrons that was killed left his CCW in the vehicle as the restaurant was posted. IIRC his family sued the restaurant and won.

It was a she, Suzanna Hupp.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:38:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

When card was speaking with a family member, he said those were the two places where he heard the voices, and they were talking about him.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:38:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sounds like schizo but sort of peculiar timing with the hearing aids.  I suppose a tinfoil hat wearing sort would think that an aggregator could hack into that and propagate a shooting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FFS:

Family of Maine shooting suspect says his mental health had deteriorated rapidly

Sounds like schizo but sort of peculiar timing with the hearing aids.  I suppose a tinfoil hat wearing sort would think that an aggregator could hack into that and propagate a shooting.

There is a differentiation, sometimes very important, between a hallucination and an illusion. A hallucination is solely a product of the brain. No actual outside stimuli are present. An illusion, however, is a gross mis-interpretation of a real stimuli. Hallucinations are often caused by one type/location of damage vs illusions being caused by something completely different. It can mean the difference between the problem being psychiatric or psychological and it being true medical like brain lesions, seizures, stroke, TBI, etc.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've bowled plenty of times while carrying a PM9 in a pocket holster in the right front pocket...
View Quote

Ive bowled while IWB with a P238.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wasn’t there a restaurant in tx that was shot up 20-30yrs ago?  One of the patrons that was killed left his CCW in the vehicle as the restaurant was posted. IIRC his family sued the restaurant and won.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a Luby's.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lubys and she.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:40:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

While that pic clearly shows two people running away from the scene, in about three days those pics will have been scrubbed, and any person who brings it up or questions it will be labeled a "retarded conspiracy theorist".  Any high profile person who brings it up will be subject to life changing civil or criminal lawfare.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do those pictures show other than 2 people? Does the clothing on either match what the suspect was wearing?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahhh ok thanks for the correction.  So her family sued the restaurant and were held liable for her death?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Always looking for options I'll check them out
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know I'm the exception not the rule but it's not hard to carry while doing things like that. A quality holster and belt with some thought at wardrobe selection it's fairly easy to not be seen carrying while also not looking like Gecko45

Nope, not a way if you're an advanced bowler.....Any gun concealed on your waistband would be seen by other bowlers pretty easily. A Miami rig with overshirt maybe but that would be cumbersome as fuck bowling, I'm guessing your idea of bowling is breaking a 100? Go watch some videos of pros and even advanced league bowlers, not sure where you'd have the gun on you where other bowlers wouldn't see it.

Best option would be a BUG in some baggy pants or keeping it in your bag nearby. Don't tell me your have a shower or shitter gun?

Sorry the belt and holster part was for your comment about carrying in general and more often. Bowling maybe one of the exception to carrying on the waistband maybe it can't work in that instance. Im no professional bowler and will never claim to be, people I see in my area typically wear casual attire from what I've seen. A pocket gun in a pocket holster would look like a wallet. You said yourself you could maybe put it in your bag sometimes on body doesn't work. I typically wouldn't say off body's good but in that particular situation there's people who you know very well with your bag when you aren't. I think based on movement requirements a shoulder holster would be a poor choice.

No I don't have a shower/toilet gun but I've carried in lots of so called non-permissive environments and I do carry at home so even doing those things there's likely one close. I've seen far to many bad things happen to be left defenseless if I can help it. It absolutely takes work to do and it takes more than one option to do it with. Don't take that as me saying anyone should break the law to do it.

When belt carry and pocket carry are out, a 5.11 holster shirt is the answer.

I just looked at them on the 5.11 site. Only small available, price reduced from $70 to $20. Seems like they're being closed out.

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:41:38 PM EDT
[#17]

More on the victims identified
Link
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

#It'sTheSpoons
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like a counter is needed for #ItsTheGuns that's trending.

#It'sTheSpoons

#It'sMentalillness
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:42:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think I see bigfoot?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I just looked at them on the 5.11 site. Only small available, price reduced from $70 to $20. Seems like they're being closed out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know I'm the exception not the rule but it's not hard to carry while doing things like that. A quality holster and belt with some thought at wardrobe selection it's fairly easy to not be seen carrying while also not looking like Gecko45

Nope, not a way if you're an advanced bowler.....Any gun concealed on your waistband would be seen by other bowlers pretty easily. A Miami rig with overshirt maybe but that would be cumbersome as fuck bowling, I'm guessing your idea of bowling is breaking a 100? Go watch some videos of pros and even advanced league bowlers, not sure where you'd have the gun on you where other bowlers wouldn't see it.

Best option would be a BUG in some baggy pants or keeping it in your bag nearby. Don't tell me your have a shower or shitter gun?

Sorry the belt and holster part was for your comment about carrying in general and more often. Bowling maybe one of the exception to carrying on the waistband maybe it can't work in that instance. Im no professional bowler and will never claim to be, people I see in my area typically wear casual attire from what I've seen. A pocket gun in a pocket holster would look like a wallet. You said yourself you could maybe put it in your bag sometimes on body doesn't work. I typically wouldn't say off body's good but in that particular situation there's people who you know very well with your bag when you aren't. I think based on movement requirements a shoulder holster would be a poor choice.

No I don't have a shower/toilet gun but I've carried in lots of so called non-permissive environments and I do carry at home so even doing those things there's likely one close. I've seen far to many bad things happen to be left defenseless if I can help it. It absolutely takes work to do and it takes more than one option to do it with. Don't take that as me saying anyone should break the law to do it.

When belt carry and pocket carry are out, a 5.11 holster shirt is the answer.

Well I don’t think small will work but thank you.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like a woman.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

And she read that scumbag Schumah the riot act when he was still a congressman. The smirk on that smug prick's face says it all.

He hasn't changed an iota.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#24]
The best way to defend the inevitable push for more gun control here, is to go on offense.

Coincidentally, that means that our counter-campaign should center on the razor sharp point that this is a GOVERNMENT FAILURE and that the GOVERNMENT IS RESPONSIBLE.

1.  Government employee did this
2.  He was trained by the Government
3.  He possibly used a Government GUN and no ban for civilians would have even affected him.
4.  Government KNEW he was crazy and failed to act according to existing laws, to prevent him from accessing a GOVERNMENT GUN and using it to kill people.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:44:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

https://legislature.maine.gov/statutes/17-A/title17-Asec1057.htm l

Here is the law.

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:45:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Question for those in the mental health field and apologies if it’s been asked already. I missed it.

How likely is it for someone experiencing an acute mental break to have the mental facilities to plan out and implement an E&E plan that has successful up to this point?

View Quote

The scariest psychotic folks I've met were seniors in the mechanical engineering program up here. There is a particular semester where they are cramming for some special test they all take. These folks are ridiculously intelligent and educated, but enough time with no sleep, on top of the stress of the big test, pushes some over the edge into psychosis. Usually bipolar mania.  I had one that sketched out the likely electrical routing inside the walls and the lock mechanisms because he was planning to de-energize the magnetic 5000lb locks on our unit doors and escape. His napkin drawing was scary in how accurate it was, he would have succeeded if he'd have pulled out the wire he indicated in his drawing. I'd call that forethought and planning.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I think I see bigfoot?
View Quote

With an braced AR that features a 16" barrel
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ahhh ok thanks for the correction.  So her family sued the restaurant and were held liable for her death?
View Quote

She ran for office and was elected to the Texas House of Representatives.

Then she led the campaign to adopt the License To Carry law in Texas

She was victorious.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:46:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I don't think I have ever been to a bowling alley that did not serve alcohol.   Depending on how the ME statute is written it may be illegal to carry in any place that even serves it.  

I know in FL I can carry in a restaurant that has a bar in it, I just can't go to the bar itself.  Even if they will bring drinks to your table it is legal to be there, just not at the bar itself.
View Quote
Here is the law.  1)  cannot carry only if posted  2) cannot be under the influence

https://legislature.maine.gov/statutes/17-A/title17-Asec1057.html
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:46:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby's_shooting

She was the CCW holder.  She left her gun in the car due to the “no guns allowed” signage.  

Some asshole drove his truck into the restaurant, got out and opened fire.  Her parents were killed in the massacre.  

She left her pistol in the car for fear should lose her chiropractor’s license if she was caught with it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Luby’s Diner. The Suzanna Rupp testimony is worth a listen, and I always share that with antis and the Warren v DC SCOTUS ruling up to the “the police will protect me” delusionals. That’s a chilling tale of its’ own

Dr. Suzanna Hupp Testimony Before Congress on the 2nd Amendment

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

@Duck_Hunt
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We will see what the media wants us to see.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:48:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Looks like a woman.
View Quote

My thoughts as well
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:48:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Here is the law.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is the law.

Thank You
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

screenshots from a video, and then cropped.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You have to be living in some alternate universe to be able to look at events like these and continue to say 'it's the gun's fault'.  It's just such a violation of base logic that it's hard to even grasp.

I don't see any pulling out of this nosedive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stephen King weighs in

'The shootings occurred less than 50 miles from where I live. I went to high school in Lisbon. It's the rapid-fire killing machines, people. This is madness in the name of freedom. Stop electing apologists for murder.'

You have to be living in some alternate universe to be able to look at events like these and continue to say 'it's the gun's fault'.  It's just such a violation of base logic that it's hard to even grasp.

I don't see any pulling out of this nosedive.

Isn’t it amazing the intellectual laziness that seemings smart people exhibit with regards to guns and crazy people or violent scenarios?  Dangerous if you ask me.  Such lack of common sense should preclude them from discussion on the subject….let alone legislating on it.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only gun free zones in New Hampshire are courthouses.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Hannity is using this shooting to try to sell Bryna pepper ball guns.
View Quote

Well he's a massive fucking fag so....
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Press conference coming up

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The best way to defend the inevitable push for more gun control here, is to go on offense.

Coincidentally, that means that our counter-campaign should center on the razor sharp point that this is a GOVERNMENT FAILURE and that the GOVERNMENT IS RESPONSIBLE.

3.  He possibly used a Government GUN and no ban for civilians would have even affected him.
4.  Government KNEW he was crazy and failed to act according to existing laws, to prevent him from accessing a GOVERNMENT GUN and using it to kill people.
View Quote

A government owned weapon? Wtf? Where did that come from?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

That would backfire the moment the weapon is confirmed to be personally owned. He didn't get that AR out of an arms room.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#45]
It would be cool if the OP would update the original post.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's been tossed around that it was from his NG unit's armory. But to me, it looks like an AR with a free float handguard, not an M4 from the armory.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#48]
For those thinking he used an issued army m4.
I dont have some inside source so this is just my opinion.

It's nearly impossible to get m4 out of the vault without being the supply nco.

You would need to enter the locked armory (easy part if you drill there), get into the locked supply room, get into the locked vault, get into the locked m4 weapons rack, then exit the armory.. tough task.

Steal a humvee? Easy assuming the batteries aren't dead. Steal an m4? I don't think so but idk
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It would be cool if the OP would update the original post.
View Quote
With what?

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since the suspect was in the Army and supposedly a firearms trainer, there’s a rumor that he got the rifle in question out of an arms room.  

Only time will tell.
Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top