Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 84
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Seems like relief to me.  The longer his fate remained unknown, the more potential danger for those searching for him and the wilder the theories, especially online.  Now the lockdown can be lifted.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those fuckers all had smirks on their faces like they accomplished something.  Assholes forgot all the dead apparently.  What assholes.

Seems like relief to me.  The longer his fate remained unknown, the more potential danger for those searching for him and the wilder the theories, especially online.  Now the lockdown can be lifted.

Yeah I can see that.  They got serious looking once it actually started.  My bad.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:36:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I for one am extremely grateful there are people who are "glued" to police scanners so that those of us in other parts of the country can stay informed of deadly and extremely sad circumstances  affecting loved ones who live in those areas!

Thank you to all who provided updates!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread has been perfect to identify the conspiracy theory tards. GD is unfortunately rife with them.

The guys glued to their police scanners are an equally sad bunch.
I for one am extremely grateful there are people who are "glued" to police scanners so that those of us in other parts of the country can stay informed of deadly and extremely sad circumstances  affecting loved ones who live in those areas!

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:37:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread has been perfect to identify the conspiracy theory tards. GD is unfortunately rife with them.

The guys glued to their police scanners are an equally sad bunch.

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:37:09 PM EDT
[#4]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:37:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Of all the places to hunt out there, this is where you were going to be hunting this weekend?
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:38:06 PM EDT
[#6]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:39:06 PM EDT
[#7]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:39:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Glad he's been found dead, now throw him in the dumpster and forget about him.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:39:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
308 is full semi high powered
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, now I'm confused, is 5.56 high powered or .308 high powered?
308 is full semi high powered

It’s exactly that, but different.  More semi-high, fully powered.

There are no parameters re: high powder rifle anymore than parameters for a “magnum.” John Milius’s “Magnum Force” screenwriting contribution is a silly from a supposed “gun guy.”

Original black powder guns used big slow-moving solid lead balls or other projectiles due to limitations of black powder.

Vieille’s  “Poudre B” changed pressure & velocity, so caliber & bullet construction followed.

It’s like “80%” which is a marketing term to sell non-guns, at least in their initial evaluation per AFT, that can be legally sold without an FFL’s transfer.   There is no legal definition of “percent complete” by any .gov agency, so the idea of a “79% receiver” is as nebulous as “magnum” or “high powered cartridge.”
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:40:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm sensing this thread about to go off the rails, now that we have our conclusion.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:41:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Bet it’s an afcommer. The bit about GT was posted early in the thread.
View Quote

No way!

He'd have been shit-posting throughout!

Seriously, though, this has been a horrific event. We have members who've lost people they knew/loved and a guy (the shooter), who was himself loved/respected by those who knew and served under him have all suffered terrible losses.

I hope this incident will shed light on mental illness and we'll learn what could've gone so wrong that an, otherwise, positive member of our society chose to do what he did.

It's also sad for our 2A community, in more ways than I can mention. We MUST stand together, stand tall and never forget that our 2A rights are NOT negotiable, no matter what. Mass shootings haven't a damn thing to do with why 2A was enshrined in the Bill of Rights any more than hunting.

May God bless those directly effected by this terrible tragedy and may He grant them peace/solace - the tormented soul who wrought so much pain, as well. Something went horrendously wrong here and I pray we can all find the answers we seek and, God willing, prevent this from every happening again.

That is all.

Edit to correct; 2A rights are NOT negotiable!
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:42:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm sensing this thread about to go off the rails, now that we have our conclusion.
View Quote

"guns free"
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:42:12 PM EDT
[#13]
They need a new tracking dog
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:42:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

When a road gets closed after a bad car accident, do you complain about the “kings men” as well?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was a pretty small area they had excepted from the season.  Is this really something to get upset about?
It is if you had a hunt planned there

When a road gets closed after a bad car accident, do you complain about the “kings men” as well?

If they kept it closed much longer than necessary after the problem was cleaned up I might.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:42:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#16]
He's dead. Burn in hell.

Hopefully Maine doesn't let Mills put the boot in their neck regarding firearms.

Because rest assured she and hers will try.

Never let a crisis go to waste etc etc
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I wonder if Ruger will face bogus lawsuits.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:45:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
He's dead. Burn in hell.

Hopefully Maine doesn't let Mills put the boot in their neck regarding firearms.

Because rest assured she and hers will try.

Never let a crisis go to waste etc etc
View Quote

A bigger problem is the democrat legislature in both chambers. If they didn't have a Democrat lock on everything Mills wouldn't be able to do anything.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:49:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I wonder if Ruger will face bogus lawsuits.
View Quote

Bet on it. They did Remington, I'm not sure what's going on with Daniel Defense but they went after them too.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:52:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It’s exactly that, but different.  More semi-high, fully powered.

There are no parameters re: high powder rifle anymore than parameters for a “magnum.” John Milius’s “Magnum Force” screenwriting contribution is a silly from a supposed “gun guy.”

Original black powder guns used big slow-moving solid lead balls or other projectiles due to limitations of black powder.

Vieille’s  “Poudre B” changed pressure & velocity, so caliber & bullet construction followed.

It’s like “80%” which is a marketing term to sell non-guns, at least in their initial evaluation per AFT, that can be legally sold without an FFL’s transfer.   There is no legal definition of “percent complete” by any .gov agency, so the idea of a “79% receiver” is as nebulous as “magnum” or “high powered cartridge.”
View Quote

Now do "duty grade" and "match grade".
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:55:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Fucking Ridiculous
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did they call off hunting?

Only in the towns with the shelter in place

Fucking Ridiculous

Imagine Los Angeles or Chicago having a shelter in place due to crime.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:56:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Maine Mass Murderer Found Dead With TWO Gunshot Wounds to the Head . . . But the Story Has Now Changed

https://thelibertydaily.com/maine-mass-murderer-found-dead-two-gunshot-wounds/
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:00:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Glad this murderer is dead. Sorry it didn't hurt more. Fire in Hell is pretty hot, based on reports.
Prayers to the families affected.
let's turn the page, and forget his name.

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:01:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Maine shootings suspect Robert Card confirmed dead | Banfield
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:02:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Maine Mass Murderer Found Dead With TWO Gunshot Wounds to the Head . . . But the Story Has Now Changed
https://thelibertydaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Robert-Card-1.jpg
View Quote

If true about two shots, he could've "convulsed" or something and bump-fired (for lack of a better term). I've done that before, albeit, many years ago.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:02:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Two to the back of the head with a 500 S&W pistol still being held in his left hand.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:03:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

"guns free"
View Quote

What’s an MDT?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:03:38 PM EDT
[#28]
I miss the olden days when you shot yourself before you hurt innocent people
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:06:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

And here we goooooo!
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:07:07 PM EDT
[#30]
I’m always conflicted when they off themselves.

On one hand, I want them to serve a long pointless life rotting in jail. And I’m pissed they died so “easy”.

On the other. I don’t want tax money to house them the rest of their lives.

But above all it pisses me the fuck off. Because if you are just going to kill yourself anyway, do that first. What is the fucking point of killing a bunch of people and then yourself?

I would rather they get their balls stuck in a fence while trying to hide, and then get attacked by a pack of coyotes who start eating him alive.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:08:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What’s an MDT?
View Quote

A true MDT (mobile data terminal) was a very basic computer that were in patrol vehicles.   A lot of places will still use the term even though they have laptops in the vehicles.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:08:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Two to the back of the head with a 500 S&W pistol still being held in his left hand.
View Quote

Nice first post after three years of dormancy.  This thread is now useless.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:08:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:09:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

And here we goooooo!
View Quote

So who will derail the thread first; ACAB'ers or conspiracy-tards?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:10:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If true about two shots, he could've "convulsed" or something and bump-fired (for lack of a better term). I've done that before, albeit, many years ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or he could have simply shot himself twice in the head. Real life isn’t a video game and a headshot isn’t always fatal. One of my best friends has been shot in the face before and I was recently at a debrief of an incident where 3 people survived headshots from less than 7 yards away.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:10:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I assume that dinlong’s friend was Mr. Young and his son.

Please let us know if there is a place to donate to the family.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@SoCalExile

Thanks for keeping the thread updated.

@dinlong

Tell your friend’s wife that there’s a lot of strangers out there praying for her after losing her husband and son.

Glad this shitbag ate a bullet but yet another time where they thought it was best to kill others first for 15 minutes of fame.

I assume that dinlong’s friend was Mr. Young and his son.

Please let us know if there is a place to donate to the family.

They do have something set up. I have emailed striker about posting the link.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:13:07 PM EDT
[#37]
I hope he suffered unimaginable pain after shooting himself before finally dying
Piece of shit
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess he finally fixed the leak?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Or he simply could have simply shot himself twice in the head. Real life isn’t a video game and a headshot isn’t always fatal. One of my best friends has been shot in the face before and I was recently at a debrief of an incident where 3 people survived headshots from less than 7 yards away.
View Quote

Have seen it happen.  Gruesome but can happen.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:13:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

A true MDT (mobile data terminal) was a very basic computer that were in patrol vehicles.   A lot of places will still use the term even though they have laptops in the vehicles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What’s an MDT?

I can expound upon this a bit.

A terminal is basically a display with input (keyboard) that connects to a mainframe. Without a connection to a mainframe, a terminal is useless, much like a television set without any connection. A terminal sends requests to a mainframe and in response displays information from that mainframe. This was how it worked in the 1980s/1990s before police officers had actual laptop PCs in their cruisers.

For history's sake, the county I used to live in (Fairfield County) received laptop PCs in their cruisers in 2007. They never had true MDTs.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:15:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

It was a poor attempt at humor on my part.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:17:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There have been multiple instances where this theory was brought up in murder cases, where the defense tried to argue double-firing in proposed suicides. These defenses never resulted in an acquittal or dismissal of charges.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:21:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Well, I called that wrong, I was sure he was going to bug out and hit another target.

Glad he is dead.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:26:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

entry & exit wound?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:27:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What’s an MDT?

Quoted:
View Quote

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:28:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

entry & exit wound?
View Quote

The news media fucks stuff up all the time.  They listed the wrong injuries in an article about me.  Totally not surprised.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:29:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

What’s an MDT?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"guns free"

What’s an MDT?

sarcasm?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:29:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't trust anything from the mouth of someone that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:29:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Glad the Shooter is dead & no longer a threat.

May he burn forever in Hell

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:40:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Unsubscribed.  Sorry for all those that lost.  Glad it's over.
Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top