Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

On what? Weed is legal there?
View Quote

If weed's legal, you aren't generating PC with a weed dog, but you can still generate PC with a narcotics dog or an explosives dog.

Someone more familiar with the area than I am mentioned this task farce might have something to do with it, in which case state law limitations on LE activities might not apply (unless the state law has teeth in it like revoking LE creds for those who violate state laws while acting as deputized federal penis puffers):
https://news.mt.gov/MBCC/2023-Spring-Program-Highlights---Southwest-Montana-Drug-Task-Force-SWDTF
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 3:43:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm not sure, he says a few minutes, I'm sure the officer was pretty hot when he finally pulled over. Obviously this was not the best call on my sons part.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Especially while he accelerated to pass a few trucks.

How long after the lights came on did he continue before stopping?
Not criticizing, understand he would want to be sure it's LE, just curious
I'm not sure, he says a few minutes, I'm sure the officer was pretty hot when he finally pulled over. Obviously this was not the best call on my sons part.
FTY for minutes?  

I just retired, but was a certified in CTTD and PIT.  Your son's lucky he wasn't spiked or pitted for a few minutes of FTY.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 4:29:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
FTY for minutes?  

I just retired, but was a certified in CTTD and PIT.  Your son's lucky he wasn't spiked or pitted for a few minutes of FTY.
View Quote

Then LEO need to start driving marked cars and wearing uniforms for routine patrol stops.  Quit pretending you're high speed Mayberry. This small town beat cop wasn't working an undercover operation.

Some random unmarked vehicle with blinky lights anyone can buy off Amazon while also not wearing a uniform attempts a lethal force PIT after a few minutes?  Let's see who has better training and less fucks to give.

Link Posted: 6/1/2023 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
FTY for minutes?  

View Quote

If so, we clearly need more laws to restrain police activity.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Good guy or not it doesn't take but once w/ one of the bad ones to really sour people on the whole war on drugs.    There's something absolutely infuriating when the cops yank everything out of your car and search it when you've done absolutely nothing wrong.    In my case they couldn't even give us a ticket.
View Quote

In my case I was standing on the side of the interstate for 1 1/2 hours, temperature in the teens, wind blowing, snowing. Police got back in their cars to warm up. It got worse
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 4:38:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 4:42:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Page 18 of "sue them", "fucking tyrants", yet OP still has given us nothing but a secondhand story supposedly told to him by his son. He speciifcally warned his son about "driving in a drug corridor" and then his son magically has this run in with a tyrannical cop. West of Billings, where there are barely a few small towns for 100 miles, very little traffic and typically almost no LEO presence on the interstate. OP refuses to say where it happened or what agency was involved or provide any evidence that it happened at all. How about a screenshot of the ticket with his son's personal info blacked out? Now back to your regularly scheduled LEO bashing thread, based on no evidence or specifics at all.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
- The WOD has proven over and over that it has not reduced drug consumption nor availability, yet we spend billions upon billions of dollars while critical infrastructure goes unmaintained, and it gives cops a reason to hassle people who then dislike and distrust them afterwards.  If you don't think distrust of police is a serious problem you aren't paying attention.

- Unmarked police vehicles doing traffic enforcement is horseshit of the highest order.

-  I can't remember whether it takes reasonable suspicion or probable cause to extend a traffic stop.  Either way the search is questionable IMO under the totality of the circumstances since I have to assume the cop knew the driver called 911 to verify it was really a cop.  Arguably a civil rights violation? IDK since I haven't studied this stuff in depth for 20+ years.

- OPs son should have pulled over and THEN called 911 if there were any questions about whether it was really a cop.  Pissing off a cop on the streets is a great way to have a bad day.

So plenty of blame to go around.
View Quote
It's OP's son's fault that the war on drugs has been weaponized against civilians?
It's OP's son's fault that the police pulled him over in unmarked vehicle?

Link Posted: 6/1/2023 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well, that's one side of the story.
View Quote

As many run in's as I've had with shitty cops over the years it's probably the correct side.

Unfortunately for every good cop, there are dozens of shitty ones that are just on a power trip and know they can get away with it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As many run in's as I've had with shitty cops over the years it's probably the correct side.

Unfortunately for every good cop, there are dozens of shitty ones that are just on a power trip and know they can get away with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Op's story is fishy. From his premonition about his son driving in a drug corridor, to where it happened, the amount of the ticket, the plainclothes K9 officer and more. Not to mention OPs refusal to say where it happened or what agency was involved. Not saying it didn't happen, I'm just not jumping on the bashing bandwagon without something more this time.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I think the overwhelming majority of the time unmarked cars should not be used for simple traffic enforcement.

That said, to everyone saying you should drive miles and miles while calling 911 to verify that it's a real police car... how many, if any, of the markings can you see from your rear view mirror? What about at night? You can't see ANYTHING except the lights in your rear view mirrors. Should no one yield to ANY emergency lights without calling the cop shop because it might be a fake fire chief, ambulance, or police car?
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
- The WOD has proven over and over that it has not reduced drug consumption nor availability, yet we spend billions upon billions of dollars while critical infrastructure goes unmaintained, and it gives cops a reason to hassle people who then dislike and distrust them afterwards.  If you don't think distrust of police is a serious problem you aren't paying attention.

- Unmarked police vehicles doing traffic enforcement is horseshit of the highest order.

-  I can't remember whether it takes reasonable suspicion or probable cause to extend a traffic stop.  Either way the search is questionable IMO under the totality of the circumstances since I have to assume the cop knew the driver called 911 to verify it was really a cop.  Arguably a civil rights violation? IDK since I haven't studied this stuff in depth for 20+ years.

- OPs son should have pulled over and THEN called 911 if there were any questions about whether it was really a cop.  Pissing off a cop on the streets is a great way to have a bad day.

So plenty of blame to go around.
View Quote
Only an hour or so ago, I encountered a Vermont state cop doing exactly that.  Northbound I-91, going along at my usual sedate 80/65.  Went by an entrance ramp.  Traffic coming on, but nothing noteworthy.  Right after that, I noticed a dark vehicle I thought was a pickup that had entered the Interstate coming up fast behind me; doing at least 90 and staying in the right lane even as he got closer.   As soon as I made him, I began the coast-down.  I thought it was a pickup, so I felt a bit foolish for slowing down.   But then he went around me.   Dark green SUV of some sort.   No markings whatsoever, except the license plate that said Vermont State Police.   After he got a good distance ahead, I went back to the usual 80 and paced him.  Eventually, he turned on his blue lights and pulled into the median strip.  But not just to turn around; when I went by him, he was parked there in the trees, awaiting his next victim.
And NHSP has stealth-mobiles, too.   I seen 'em!   They have some sort of blacked-out Charger, IIRC.
Worst part is the fuckers, both NH and VT, have told me on multiple occasions (when I call HQ to complain about the hypocrisy of their speeding everywhere they want to go) that it's perfectly OK for them to drive 90 to catch someone doing 80.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:37:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Only an hour or so ago, I encountered a Vermont state cop doing exactly that.  Northbound I-91, going along at my usual sedate 80/65.  Went by an entrance ramp.  Traffic coming on, but nothing noteworthy.  Right after that, I noticed a dark vehicle I thought was a pickup that had entered the Interstate coming up fast behind me; doing at least 90 and staying in the right lane even as he got closer.   As soon as I made him, I began the coast-down.  I thought it was a pickup, so I felt a bit foolish for slowing down.   But then he went around me.   Dark green SUV of some sort.   No markings whatsoever, except the license plate that said Vermont State Police.   After he got a good distance ahead, I went back to the usual 80 and paced him.  Eventually, he turned on his blue lights and pulled into the median strip.  But not just to turn around; when I went by him, he was parked there in the trees, awaiting his next victim.
And NHSP has stealth-mobiles, too.   I seen 'em!   They have some sort of blacked-out Charger, IIRC.
Worst part is the fuckers, both NH and VT, have told me on multiple occasions (when I call HQ to complain about the hypocrisy of their speeding everywhere they want to go) that it's perfectly OK for them to drive 90 to catch someone doing 80.
View Quote

Legitimately curious how he would catch speeders without speeding…

Also curious how you have a problem with cops speeding when you are going 80 in and 65 and they don’t seem to have a problem with you speeding..

Unless I’m missing the sarcasm
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think the overwhelming majority of the time unmarked cars should not be used for simple traffic enforcement.

That said, to everyone saying you should drive miles and miles while calling 911 to verify that it's a real police car... how many, if any, of the markings can you see from your rear view mirror? What about at night? You can't see ANYTHING except the lights in your rear view mirrors. Should no one yield to ANY emergency lights without calling the cop shop because it might be a fake fire chief, ambulance, or police car?
View Quote

I guess I’ll start with a basic premise, and feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.  I assumed that the purpose of an unmarked car was to make it more difficult to identify as a police vehicle.  If that’s the case, why are you surprised that people have issues identifying them?
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Cop- "The dog is giving us a signal that there's possible drugs in the car."

Quiet rookie- "perhaps it's the cat in the carrier in the back seat?"
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Page 18 of "sue them", "fucking tyrants", yet OP still has given us nothing but a secondhand story supposedly told to him by his son. He speciifcally warned his son about "driving in a drug corridor" and then his son magically has this run in with a tyrannical cop. West of Billings, where there are barely a few small towns for 100 miles, very little traffic and typically almost no LEO presence on the interstate. OP refuses to say where it happened or what agency was involved or provide any evidence that it happened at all. How about a screenshot of the ticket with his son's personal info blacked out? Now back to your regularly scheduled LEO bashing thread, based on no evidence or specifics at all.
View Quote

Yeah this is where I am at as well.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:11:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sums it up well. Probably because he has dug himself into a hole he can’t get out of, by getting emotional and counting on GD to vindicate his son?  

I’m not saying he didn’t get pulled over and his car didn’t get searched, but the rest of it makes no sense.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 8:16:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

My favorite was the lady that got arrested on suspicion of drug possession when they tested some blue cotton candy debris in her car's carpet... with a field test that turns blue for a positive indication.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:32:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Montana Highway Patrol likes to use 3-4 vehicles to catch speeders.

People think with seeing one pulled over giving a ticket that they are safe when there are 2-3 more. Then get caught speeding.

I remember when a speeding ticket was $5 for wasting natural resources.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:37:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Sums it up well. Probably because he has dug himself into a hole he can’t get out of, by getting emotional and counting on GD to vindicate his son?  

I’m not saying he didn’t get pulled over and his car didn’t get searched, but the rest of it makes no sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought he was pretty middle of the road and not reflexively defending his son.

Yeah, we heard a story that he heard that his son told.  I imagine the facts are coming together for OP by now.  I hope he shares what he can, just to put this whole thread to bed with a conclusion.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:51:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I know a guy whose truck was fucked up to shit and back by an overzealous USAF K-9 over a Hardee’s biscuit.

To be fair, they make a mean biscuit.
View Quote

Indeed they do. But, drug dogs should be trained to ignore food.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 10:13:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Concur. Seems like a story designed to rouse  the rabble……
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd love to get an attorney but apparently this was not State Police but a local agency.  I doubt it would be worth the trouble and expense, I'm sure they do this daily and get away with it.

A local agency followed him for 30 miles?  That whole story seems like BS

Concur. Seems like a story designed to rouse  the rabble……

I-90 in Stillwater County, MT is 32 miles.  At 80 mph that's 22 minutes.  Doesn't seem so far fetched.  Sweet Grass County closer to 40 miles.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 11:25:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
FTY for minutes?  

View Quote

If you are unmarked, and I slow and turn on 4 ways, and you won't give me time to call and verify you, pitting me will be step one in the end of your career
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 11:33:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You don’t have a right to not yield whenever the police are trying to stop you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck cop egos over my freedom.  The dispatcher can tell them to calm their tits or they can listen to person they pulled over.  

You don’t have a right to not yield whenever the police are trying to stop you.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1987-01-21-me-10-story.html#:~:text=Peyer%20and%20his%20wife%20are,daughter%20from%20their%20own%20marriage.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:01:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:22:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My favorite was the lady that got arrested on suspicion of drug possession when they tested some blue cotton candy debris in her car's carpet... with a field test that turns blue for a positive indication.
View Quote

I know someone that was convicted of something similar. Field test of blue pool cue chalk miraculously tested positive (blue) for some drug. Police agency lost the evidence (chalk) so the field test result was admitted at trial. Felony drug possession conviction.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 3:11:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Plenty of true imposter cop pull over stories out there. Even imposters pulling over off duty cops.

I do NOT like the total stealth units for traffic duty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

why not?

is the population today too stupid to recognize a cop car with all its lights and siren on?  how about the kid taking some responsibility for driving 15 over and not pulling over for miles after being lit up.

Plenty of true imposter cop pull over stories out there. Even imposters pulling over off duty cops.

I do NOT like the total stealth units for traffic duty.

There is this 100% surefire way to stop these Fake Police Blue Light (Rapist ) Bandits...  Remember its the Police that don't want to stop them in 1 easy step.

Marked Patrol Cars do the actual stop with officer in full uniform. The Unmarked can pull in right behind the marked unit when they hit the lights and siren.

The only problem with this simple and pretty much free solution,  is the police refused to use to marked patrol cars  for the actual stop. Yes it takes an additional unit from an unmarked, but if they hunting drug runners, a dangerous type of criminal shouldn't the single officer have back up ?

Besides this about drive and passenger safety not ""revenue"" and seeing marked police car is known to cause people to slow down, drive the speed limit and use their turn signals, those to too distracted by cellphone, well that already grounds to pulls them over.

I wanna see OP FOIA of the officer's cameras with his son's behavior and vocabulary to the officers, because something doesn't add up. Even if his son  called 911 (get that FOIA for the complaint) that should have been a very fast call/verification, which he should have his vehicle hazard lights  on and have slowed way down, showing intent to stop.   As the call should have been quick. About  Long enough for him to have been looking for a " good place" to pull off safely for both like an exit ramp or just pass one. Section of road without a guard rail so they can be little farther off the road for everyone's safety.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:39:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If you are unmarked, and I slow and turn on 4 ways, and you won't give me time to call and verify you, pitting me will be step one in the end of your career
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FTY for minutes?  

Their careers hardly end. These clowns in costume just move on to the next department.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:45:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Now I know full well the story is BS.  A speeding ticket on an Interstate for 10 over is $40, not $150.  Sorry man, he is lying to you.  $150 doesn't even exist in the bond schedule for speed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My son just pulled into Big Sky, 3 hours late and a $150 traffic ticket lighter but he learned a couple of tough lessons today.

I'll get more details tomorrow, if anything noteworthy comes up I'll post it.

Now I know full well the story is BS.  A speeding ticket on an Interstate for 10 over is $40, not $150.  Sorry man, he is lying to you.  $150 doesn't even exist in the bond schedule for speed.

This is proof of nothing, most people can't separate the speeding ticket charge (which is always very low) from the court costs(always very high when compared to fines) and processing fees as the whole ticket costs amount . If you mail it in, if show up to court, they're gonna get that money larger amount, the fine for the charge the waiver or plead down so you feel like you won while getting grifted for court costs.

The kid probably said the whole amount total was the "speeding ticket"  as the story already says this kid is dumb when it comes to the cops and traffic enforcement.  This comment is based on being 8 pages in and may not reflect later revealed information as thread is on page 18 now as of writing reply.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 6:15:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Safe thread day 3!!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 6:49:45 AM EDT
[#31]
"I get it, it's a drug corridor but my kid does not fit the profile"

Clearly they were detained - not arrested.  That said.  Please tell me what is a "profile"?

I get it.  No one likes getting pulled over.  No one likes getting placed in cuffs.  

I was once cuffed as an 18 year old cause a hit and run driver hit a lady and took off and the description of the vehicle was the same as mine.  Gun out - placed on the ground - cuffed and put in the cruiser.  Officer took a close look at the front of my car.  Saw no damage that would have been caused by the hit and run, then explained why he pulled me over and released me.  I understood.  Didn't like it, but......he was looking for the bad driver.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:25:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

"I get it, it's a drug corridor but my kid does not fit the profile"

Clearly they were detained - not arrested.  That said.  Please tell me what is a "profile"?

I get it.  No one likes getting pulled over.  No one likes getting placed in cuffs.  

I was once cuffed as an 18 year old cause a hit and run driver hit a lady and took off and the description of the vehicle was the same as mine.  Gun out - placed on the ground - cuffed and put in the cruiser.  Officer took a close look at the front of my car.  Saw no damage that would have been caused by the hit and run, then explained why he pulled me over and released me.  I understood.  Didn't like it, but......he was looking for the bad driver.

View Quote

Pulled out at gun point for a hit and run?

And yeah, nobody would like being in cuffs for hours while their shit is tossed on to the side of the road then told to put it away when the cops don’t find anything.  Cops are their worst enemies.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:41:09 AM EDT
[#33]
I've been on vacation and I'm not reading through 18 pages, so...

Do people really call 911 to verify that the person trying to pull them over is a cop?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:50:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Do people really call 911 to verify that the person trying to pull them over is a cop?
View Quote

some times
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:58:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Pulled out at gun point for a hit and run?

And yeah, nobody would like being in cuffs for hours while their shit is tossed on to the side of the road then told to put it away when the cops don't find anything.  Cops are their worst enemies.
View Quote
Yeah.  I meant to mention that the lady was killed.  I also saw it in the news that night.  So, yeah.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:00:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

When law enforcement agencies spend tax dollars making their cars look like those of ordinary citizens, what reasonable person wouldn't want to verify that?

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:02:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The story of calling to confirm a real cop is copaganda used to calm women after police might learn of an impersonator in the area.

No cop, and I'm gonna bet a $1, no cop is going to turn calm after attempting to pull over a vehicle that to them turns to a pursuit and side with the victim on "staying safe" and not pulling over until the cop is verified. Sorry folks. That's just bullshit put out there to calm women from thinking they're going to be raped., No cop thinks "oh gee they think I'm an impersonator so they're calling 911 to see if I'm real, I'm gonna let this one slide!"
A person not pulling over is hiding contraband, planning an attack, or simply not wanting to get caught. You're not going to convince anyone of anything else and you have a nearly 100% its going to escalate to a search after being pulled out of the car because in every over statistical scenario normal people pull over for police lights, the only people who don't are crooks. And you're not going to change that opinion, no matter how many pregnant women ASP PITs

In my area, they don't say stuff like that, they say pull over, crack your window and they say ask for police identification, no real cop will not have department issued photo ID upon asking and then if your still concerned phone 911 for confirmation. They don't tell people to keep driving down the road while on the phone with 911, who maybe have to query multiple agencies to find the one doing a traffic stop in the area
View Quote

Used to be sop to call in all stops with tag number and location. That would tip off a dispatcher they would be pulling someone over. Maybe that is no longer done.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#38]
I had a similar incident, truck (with decoys guns waders dog) "hit" for the canine and they searched my entire vehicle. Made me stand outside in 25deg weather and wouldn't give me my jacket. 1.5hr in I asked for supervisor. He comes after 30 more min, which promptly ended the search and he left all of my stuff all over the side of the road and bed of truck. I missed the hunt and was so cold that I didn't want to go anyway. No ticket or warning, cop just said "you're good" and rolled out and the supervisor apologized for the inconvenience.

I ended up contacting the Sheriff and weirdly, he couldn't find anything about the incident but would "talk to the guy". I lost respect for the profession that day.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yea...but why would somebody need to verify their stop? That's a major ego hit. You trying to tell a cop they aren't a cop? They got their department installed lit up lights and sirens, they've done a bunch of bullshit stops in the past 8-12 hours, god damn you, who the hell are you to say they arent a cop?
View Quote

I can buy red and blue led lights with flashers on Amazon. Many volunteer firemen say they work great in the reviews. Many states require police vehicle be clearly marked and easily identifiable as a police car. If a cop is pulling someone over in an unmarked vehicle and they call dispatch to verify it's a real stop is no reason to be a dick.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:20:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:20:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Is calling 911 during a traffic stop normal behavior?
View Quote

If it is an unmarked car doing traffic enforcement in OH it is illegal. Has to have a light visible 360 degrees (on top of car) and it has to be clearly marked on all sides as a police car. There are asshole depts that press this to the extreme, but the OSP has no issues writing plenty of tickets with easily identified vehicles.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:26:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What kind of vehicle do you drive? Maybe you don't look like you have any cash to seize?
View Quote

He doesn't have texas plates either. That whole every road is a drug corridor excuse.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:35:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Their careers hardly end. These clowns in costume just move on to the next department.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FTY for minutes?  

Very similar to the response I got from the dog trainer when I asked about flunking out the defective handlers. Brings to mind the shuffling of pedo clergy persons.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Keep going long enough and cops that actually look like cops will show up. Phone call seems less trouble.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Used to be sop to call in all stops with tag number and location. That would tip off a dispatcher they would be pulling someone over. Maybe that is no longer done.
View Quote

Most places are still going to call stops in over the radio with a minimum of unit ID, tag, and location of the stop.  We have the ability to generate our own stops via CAD but refrain from doing so for safety reasons. Only the dispatcher working the talk group were the stop was made would know about it though unless someone went searching through CAD for units out on stops.....and that is if the unit doing the stop works for the agency fielding the 911 call.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This is proof of nothing, most people can't separate the speeding ticket charge (which is always very low) from the court costs(always very high when compared to fines) and processing fees as the whole ticket costs amount . If you mail it in, if show up to court, they're gonna get that money larger amount, the fine for the charge the waiver or plead down so you feel like you won while getting grifted for court costs.

The kid probably said the whole amount total was the "speeding ticket"  as the story already says this kid is dumb when it comes to the cops and traffic enforcement.  This comment is based on being 8 pages in and may not reflect later revealed information as thread is on page 18 now as of writing reply.

View Quote

There are no court costs added to speeding tickets in Montana. A ticket for 10 over on the interstate is $40, and you can pay it on the spot if you wish. This has already been explained earlier in this thread. If his kid is lying about the ticket, it isn't a stretch to think he may be lying about the rest.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:34:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

epic
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:45:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I had a similar incident, truck (with decoys guns waders dog) "hit" for the canine and they searched my entire vehicle. Made me stand outside in 25deg weather and wouldn't give me my jacket. 1.5hr in I asked for supervisor. He comes after 30 more min, which promptly ended the search and he left all of my stuff all over the side of the road and bed of truck. I missed the hunt and was so cold that I didn't want to go anyway. No ticket or warning, cop just said "you're good" and rolled out and the supervisor apologized for the inconvenience.

I ended up contacting the Sheriff and weirdly, he couldn't find anything about the incident but would "talk to the guy". I lost respect for the profession that day.
View Quote

That’s bull crap.

I’m sure there’s more to the story
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is the single constant in all your run ins with shitty cops over the years?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:52:22 AM EDT
[#50]
My respect for cops is diminishing every year older I get. What's up with that?
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top