BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What is the single constant in all your run ins with shitty cops over the years?
View Quote

I'll take assholes with badges for $1000, Alex.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:13:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

There are no court costs added to speeding tickets in Montana. A ticket for 10 over on the interstate is $40, and you can pay it on the spot if you wish. This has already been explained earlier in this thread. If his kid is lying about the ticket, it isn't a stretch to think he may be lying about the rest.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is proof of nothing, most people can't separate the speeding ticket charge (which is always very low) from the court costs(always very high when compared to fines) and processing fees as the whole ticket costs amount . If you mail it in, if show up to court, they're gonna get that money larger amount, the fine for the charge the waiver or plead down so you feel like you won while getting grifted for court costs.

The kid probably said the whole amount total was the "speeding ticket"  as the story already says this kid is dumb when it comes to the cops and traffic enforcement.  This comment is based on being 8 pages in and may not reflect later revealed information as thread is on page 18 now as of writing reply.

There are no court costs added to speeding tickets in Montana. A ticket for 10 over on the interstate is $40, and you can pay it on the spot if you wish. This has already been explained earlier in this thread. If his kid is lying about the ticket, it isn't a stretch to think he may be lying about the rest.

But it’s a much better storyline that the cops were out of control….
Dash cam and body cam footage would quickly tell us what actually happened.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

My favorite was the lady that got arrested on suspicion of drug possession when they tested some blue cotton candy debris in her car's carpet... with a field test that turns blue for a positive indication.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cop- "The dog is giving us a signal that there's possible drugs in the car."

Quiet rookie- "perhaps it's the cat in the carrier in the back seat?"

My favorite was the lady that got arrested on suspicion of drug possession when they tested some blue cotton candy debris in her car's carpet... with a field test that turns blue for a positive indication.

https://www.syracuse.com/news/2014/09/florida_woman_jailed_spaghettio_sauce_meth.html
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

https://www.syracuse.com/news/2014/09/florida_woman_jailed_spaghettio_sauce_meth.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cop- "The dog is giving us a signal that there's possible drugs in the car."

Quiet rookie- "perhaps it's the cat in the carrier in the back seat?"

There was an epic thread several years ago about a family that got raided because the wet loose leaf tea in their trash tested positive for pot.

A guy that runs a private lab bought a bunch of test kits and started testing random items with all sorts of false positives.  There were cops on here that told him he was using it wrong because he was putting stuff he knew not to be drugs into them.  They couldn't understand how a test that shows false positive on all sorts of household objects was a useless waste of money.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted: There were cops on here that told him he was using it wrong because he was putting stuff he knew not to be drugs into them.  They couldn't understand how a test that shows false positive on all sorts of household objects was a useless waste of money.
View Quote

It's not a useless waste of money if it reliably generates probable cause for arrest every time you use it to determine if you may arrest somebody.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

epic
View Quote

I remember that as a full bag of Wal-Mart cotton candy, in the plastic Wal-Mart cotton candy baggie.
I also remember her sitting in jail for about three months waiting for the lab results on her bag of sugar and food coloring.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

? Is it that hard to understand?
View Quote

Stopping cars in an unmarked unit is not criminal. It isn’t even acting like a criminal. Criminals rarely stop motorists while they are driving, and the vast majority of criminals never have and never will.

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t make it criminal. Personally I also think it’s stupid, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to claim it is something it isn’t.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:48:08 PM EDT
[#8]
A man is speeding to get to work on time. Once he gets to the bridge he passes every day he sees a cop who has his speed radar gun aimed right at him. Fuck. The cop quickly turns his siren on and pulls the man over. Cop: "Is there a reason you were speeding today, sir?" Man: "Yes officer, it is very important that I am not late for work today.." Cop: "What is it that you do that is so important?" Man: "I am a rectum stretcher." Cop, a little interested in what the man just told him: "What in the Hell does a rectum stretcher do!?" Man: "Well I start with just one finger then stretch until I can fit a few more. Then, I continue stretching it until a can get my whole hand in there and then I keep going so it is a foot tall, then 2 feet and so on until I finally get it to about 6 feet tall." Cop, now completely baffled by the man: "What the fuck would you do with a six foot tall asshole!?" Man: "I would give him a radar gun and stick him at the end of a bridge so he can make people even more late for work."

The ticket was a $1000 big ones, the look on the cops face priceless.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@GenoGS

OH THE NOES!!!!  I DOESN'T HAS THE RIGHTS....

View Quote

Thanks for agreeing with me. I didn’t need you admit I was right, but it’s still appreciated. It takes a big man to admit it.

@Lug1
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Stopping cars in an unmarked unit is not criminal. It isn’t even acting like a criminal. Criminals rarely stop motorists while they are driving, and the vast majority of criminals never have and never will.

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t make it criminal. Personally I also think it’s stupid, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to claim it is something it isn’t.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rare is an interesting thing in policing.

Police officers are rarely killed by motorists during traffic stops.

The public is rarely pulled over by fake cops.

In one of these rare events the party is empowered to go to great lengths to protect their safety.  In the other, even doing things government spokesmen tell them to do for their safety is unacceptable.

Also:
FHP: Accused police impersonator arrested with drugs, gun, child inside rental vehicle on I-4
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#11]

I don’t necessarily disagree that working traffic in an unmarked unit is stupid, but that picture is also stupid. Whether the car is unmarked or not the state can’t extort revenue from you if you follow traffic laws. The argument seems to be that people want the police to be more visible so they know when they can and can’t break the law. How about just following the law whether you’re being watched or not.

Whether or not some laws are bullshit is another discussion.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you think at any point the citizens of this land...you know the rulers...would agree to that?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:01:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
An hour is excessive. The SC has ruled 15 min tops.
View Quote

Would you mind citing the case? You might want to read the OPs post carefully, and then read the case law before you do though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:02:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yeah how is an out of state license play equal reasonable cause?
View Quote

It isn’t. Why is this even a question?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:07:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Since criminals do that exact thing then what is wrong with his statement?

Unmarked cars pulling people over is always going to cause people to be suspicious.
View Quote

I apologize you are right police are engaged in criminal like behavior since police carry guns and some criminals also carry guns.

Holy shit I just realized apparently most of the members here are also act like criminals.

People are only suspicious because the media blows things out of proportion. In certain situations it is perfectly reasonable to be suspicious when being stopped by an unmarked car, but the case in the OP does not appear to be one.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just to clarify, because it's hard to tell from your story, what country did this occur in?
View Quote

I’m thinking “the United States of America” since it would be hard to drive a road trip from “Texas” to “Montana” and be in any other country.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Thanks!

I don’t always agree with you, but hopefully those that keep saying “15 minutes”, and suggesting the OP should sue based on the stop being prolonged will read the above.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Do the DOGs ever not alert?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Only the smart ones. The dumb ones pit maneuver pregnant women that are looking for a safe place to stop.
View Quote

I don’t understand what is so hard about just pulling over. If the officer picked a shitty spot that’s on them. Ultimately it’ll be them who gets killed if they get hit by another motorist.

Sometimes I wonder if it’s more about trying to be difficult, and control the situation much like left lane campers. Just do what you are supposed to do.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If the police want citizens to pull over then they should very plainly exhibit that they are in fact police.  I will not pull over for ghost or unmarked cars with a flashing light anyone can get off of Amazon.  Some of the cops in the DFW area have black vehicles with grey marking on the side and it's pure bullshit considering we've had impersonators before.  Wanna run ghost cars fine but have a regular black and white pull them over.  

View Quote

I’m not sure why you quoted me since you apparently didn’t even read my post so I’ll post it again for you.

You don't have a right to not yield whenever the police are trying to stop you.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yep my wife got yelled at by a city cop because she pulled off the main road thinking it was safer.  Her exact words to me, "fuck him next time it's their problem if they want to get run over"
View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

She’s rich. Allowances must be made.
View Quote

People who are well off, and never deal with the police can sometimes be a complete pain in the ass. They can be quite entitled.

Most everyone wants policing they just want someone else to be policed, and if you have the audacity to treat them like everyone else they tend to get upset.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:25:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If so, we clearly need more laws to restrain police activity.
View Quote

A PIT is a bit much imo for simply failing to yield, but depending on the specific circumstances failure to yield is a good way to get guns pointed at you, and end up proned out on the side of the road.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Agreed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep my wife got yelled at by a city cop because she pulled off the main road thinking it was safer.  Her exact words to me, "fuck him next time it's their problem if they want to get run over"

Agreed

Texas DPS lit me up on a major road, I was coming in from night hog hunting, I drove aprox 3/4 mile before pulling over.
He asked why, I explained to get us both out of traffic and him in a well lit area.
He looked around and thanked me, I ate my chicken strips while I got a warning ticket for speeding and we talked about hog hunting.

Don't be a dick
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I remember that as a full bag of Wal-Mart cotton candy, in the plastic Wal-Mart cotton candy baggie.
I also remember her sitting in jail for about three months waiting for the lab results on her bag of sugar and food coloring.
View Quote

Yeah.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/lawsuit-dismissed-for-ga-woman-wrongly-jailed-over-cotton-candy-mistake

They arrested her because the blue substance they knew was blue and would make their drug test turn blue turned blue.

3 months in jail solely on the strength of a roadside drug test that the cops who administered it knew (or didn't care) had a 0.0% chance of actually indicating drugs.

I don't know if that's the charitable or cynical explanation.   The other explanation is that they really didn't know why administering that test was a problem because they have a room temperature IQ.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

As many run in's as I've had with shitty cops over the years it's probably the correct side.

Unfortunately for every good cop, there are dozens of shitty ones that are just on a power trip and know they can get away with it.
View Quote

If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you’re the asshole.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:30:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I think the overwhelming majority of the time unmarked cars should not be used for simple traffic enforcement.

That said, to everyone saying you should drive miles and miles while calling 911 to verify that it's a real police car... how many, if any, of the markings can you see from your rear view mirror? What about at night? You can't see ANYTHING except the lights in your rear view mirrors. Should no one yield to ANY emergency lights without calling the cop shop because it might be a fake fire chief, ambulance, or police car?
View Quote

Yes because if they stop they will be carjacked/murdered by criminals. Especially in BFE Montana in broad daylight on the interstate.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:31:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

A PIT is a bit much imo for simply failing to yield, but depending on the specific circumstances failure to yield is a good way to get guns pointed at you, and end up proned out on the side of the road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If so, we clearly need more laws to restrain police activity.

....for following guidance that many police departments give to the public.

You're not helping the case.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:32:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I don’t necessarily disagree that working traffic in an unmarked unit is stupid, but that picture is also stupid. Whether the car is unmarked or not the state can’t extort revenue from you if you follow traffic laws. The argument seems to be that people want the police to be more visible so they know when they can and can’t break the law. How about just following the law whether you’re being watched or not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It wasn't my meme, I just found it on the internets.

But the point remains, either you want to be identified as a police officer or you don't.  If you don't want to be identified as a police officer, why are you surprised when people don't immediately identify you as one?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1987-01-21-me-10-story.html#:~:text=Peyer%20and%20his%20wife%20are,daughter%20from%20their%20own%20marriage.
View Quote

Was that meant to be a link to some relevant case law, or statute? It looks like a news article which is relevant to my post.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I know someone that was convicted of something similar. Field test of blue pool cue chalk miraculously tested positive (blue) for some drug. Police agency lost the evidence (chalk) so the field test result was admitted at trial. Felony drug possession conviction.
View Quote

That’s bullshit, and the judge and prosecutor involved should lose their jobs, or worse.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Thanks for agreeing with me. I didn't need you admit I was right, but it's still appreciated. It takes a big man to admit it.

@Lug1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@GenoGS

OH THE NOES!!!!  I DOESN'T HAS THE RIGHTS....

Thanks for agreeing with me. I didn't need you admit I was right, but it's still appreciated. It takes a big man to admit it.

@Lug1
@GenoGS

Not only do I not agree with you....

#Clueless.  Enjoy your big bag full of statism.  Hopefully you get your wish and they govern you harder.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not all advice is good advice.

Not pulling over a for a police vehicle is going to raise the level of the interaction with that police officer. If you feel the need to make a phone call based on the circumstances then you should be prepared for the likely possibility that the officer that is trying to pull you over now has a heightened level of suspicion over why you are not pulling over. I guess you should do as you see fit based on the probability that is a fake cop car versus a real one  that is unmarked. This is a great time to apply Occam’s razor.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:44:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

When law enforcement agencies spend tax dollars making their cars look like those of ordinary citizens, what reasonable person wouldn't want to verify that?

View Quote

Any reasonable person who has even a rudimentary understanding of statistics whose capable of rational thought.

Surely you all realize it isn’t illegal to own a fully marked police car. Stripes, light bar, spotlight, the whole shebang. So I guess everyone should call 911 to verify it is actually the police stopping them anytime they are stopped?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:47:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My respect for cops is diminishing every year older I get. What's up with that?
View Quote

A predilection to irrational thought?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:49:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My respect for cops is diminishing every year older I get. What's up with that?
View Quote

Too much anime.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

In one of these rare events the party is empowered to go to great lengths to protect their safety.  In the other, even doing things government spokesmen tell them to do for their safety is unacceptable.

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA3HLh9W6p0
View Quote

Millions of stops a day. How many with fake cops? Not even one a day makes the news, right?

And traffic stops are dangerous and danger doesn't always equate to death. You look at death stats alone and you will never have decent information. Injuries, fights, violence, etc. is what makes traffic stops dangerous. They are unknowns, more so than most calls for service.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not pulling over a for a police vehicle is going to raise the level of the interaction with that police officer. If you feel the need to make a phone call based on the circumstances then you should be prepared for the likely possibility that the officer that is trying to pull you over now has a heightened level of suspicion over why you are not pulling over. I guess you should do as you see fit based on the probability that is a fake cop car versus a real one  that is unmarked. This is a great time to apply Occam’s razor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's pretty impressive that we have reached the point where police officers are telling us not to listen to police officers.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:54:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Millions of stops a day. How many with fake cops? Not even one a day makes the news, right?

And traffic stops are dangerous and danger doesn't always equate to death. You look at death stats alone and you will never have decent information. Injuries, fights, violence, etc. is what makes traffic stops dangerous. They are unknowns, more so than most calls for service.
View Quote

You should probably reach out and let those Sheriff's in Montana know that, so they can retract their statements telling people to call 911 to verify...
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:55:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Also:
View Quote

I’m not sure what great lengths you are referring to in a normal traffic stop.

Government spokesman also told people they had to be vaccinated, wear mask, shut down businesses, close schools, and all kinds of other stupid things. Government spokesman say all kinds of stupid things all the time because they’re too weak to tell people the truth.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also:

Exactly.

Thanks for saying exactly what I said would be.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:58:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Government spokesman also told people they had to be vaccinated, wear mask, shut down businesses, close schools, and all kinds of other stupid things. Government spokesman say all kinds of stupid things all the time because they’re too weak to tell people the truth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also:

I'm taking your advice and not listening to your advice.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:59:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Do you think at any point the citizens of this land...you know the rulers...would agree to that?
View Quote

Would agree to what?

Ultimately the citizens have the power to change whatever laws they want. Several posters have pointed out that traffic enforcement in unmarked cars is illegal in various states. If the citizens want it that way in their own states then they should petition their representatives to change the laws.

That doesn’t change the fact that it is not criminal where OPs son was stopped despite what any citizens anywhere think.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Do the DOGs ever not alert?
View Quote

In my experience yes.

Sometimes even when you would bet money they should.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Texas DPS lit me up on a major road, I was coming in from night hog hunting, I drove aprox 3/4 mile before pulling over.
He asked why, I explained to get us both out of traffic and him in a well lit area.
He looked around and thanked me, I ate my chicken strips while I got a warning ticket for speeding and we talked about hog hunting.

Don't be a dick
View Quote

Not being a dick goes a long way.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 6:03:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

In my experience yes.

Sometimes even when you would bet money they should.
View Quote
So how big is the department you work for?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

But the point remains, either you want to be identified as a police officer or you don't.  If you don't want to be identified as a police officer, why are you surprised when people don't immediately identify you as one?
View Quote

I agree traffic enforcement in an unmarked car is stupid. That doesn’t change the fact that not stopping as soon as possible, and failing to yield is also stupid, and illegal.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I agree traffic enforcement in an unmarked car is stupid. That doesn’t change the fact that not stopping as soon as possible, and failing to yield is also stupid, and illegal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is it stupid to do traffic enforcement in an unmarked car?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
@GenoGS

Not only do I not agree with you....

#Clueless.  Enjoy your big bag full of statism.  Hopefully you get your wish and they govern you harder.
View Quote

I get governed just as hard as anyone else unfortunately, and believing you have to stop for the police when they have probable cause or reasonable suspicion isn’t statism.

Should I expect you to explain why you don’t have to stop for the police, or should I continue to assume you agree with me despite stating the opposite?
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top